Boxing and UFC

Masonic

3 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Awaiting the postponement based on Johnny Nelson's intel on how the training camp is going... 👀 

What’s he said? No seen any of his recent interviews. I remember he once said Usyk was an average southpaw who he would’ve beat if he was still fighting. 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vegas-voss

• Masonic

• ri Alban

• cosanostra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Samuel Camazzola
39 minutes ago, KG1874 said:

What’s he said? No seen any of his recent interviews. I remember he once said Usyk was an average southpaw who he would’ve beat if he was still fighting. 

He was on Talksport this morning just before 8am. Said that a couple of credible sources stated that he doesn't look good in training and appears sluggish. 

You can get the show in catch up and zoom forward to the segment. 

On 20/01/2024 at 21:43, Tazio said:

I’m watching the boxing on Sky and one of the fighters has The North Face logo tattooed on his shoulder. If they aren’t paying him he’s an eejit. 

Completely unrelated, but reminds me of seeing Gary O'Connor(not long after breaking through to the Hibs first team), in Cruise on St.Marys Street wearing a vest, proudly showing off his Giorgio Armani tattoo 🙈

I’ve not been this excited for a fight since may-pac and that was nearly a decade ago. 

Way hrgovic and zhang patiently waiting this will be the only undisputed fight before the belts are scattered.  Its winner becomes best of this era, It doesnae get any bigger than that. 

23 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

A great light-heavyweight fight tomorrow.

Azeez against Buatsi? If that’s the morn I’m glad you’v said I’ll be watching that instead of benn Dobson 

42 minutes ago, KG1874 said:

Azeez against Buatsi? If that’s the morn I’m glad you’v said I’ll be watching that instead of benn Dobson 

👍 

Its gonnae be very weird, watching two great pals, punching each other heads in.

Unbelievable this just as I was saying I was buzzing for it. Michael benson (usually on the ball) is reporting fury fight postponed cause of a cut he got in sparring the day. Maybe Nelson wasn’t talking rubbish. 

Samuel Camazzola
On 01/02/2024 at 17:12, Samuel Camazzola said:

Awaiting the postponement based on Johnny Nelson's intel on how the training camp is going... 👀 

And, there it is. So predictable. 😄

Mikey1874
On 01/02/2024 at 17:12, Samuel Camazzola said:

Yup

Least surprising news ever 🤣. What an absolute fraud fury is. 

Sooperstar

In fairness it's quite the gash he has gotten himself. No chance it would be close to healing in time for the fight. 

5 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

If this is legit footage it looks like an elbow to the face

Looks legit, well, the canvas has ring of fire so it canny be an old video. 

12 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

In fairness it's quite the gash he has gotten himself. No chance it would be close to healing in time for the fight. 

It looks terrible. Scar tissue must still be bad fae the wallin fight for it to have opened up again wearing headgear. Saying that it was an elbow so nae glove protection 

Seaside Dave

Fury still rocked after Francis beat him on his boxing debut 

Usyk team said they are still fighting on 17th so atleast the undercard won’t be missing out on their payday.

2 minutes ago, indianajones said:

FFS. 

This will never happen now. 

A ready made excuse for retiring for Fury. The claim will be he’ll never fight again as the scar tissue will never recover fully. 

indianajones
Just now, Tazio said:

A ready made excuse for retiring for Fury. The claim will be he’ll never fight again as the scar tissue will never recover fully. 

He's definitely worried about the bout. Like you said a fine excuse to not fight for the rest of the year. 

12 minutes ago, indianajones said:

He's definitely worried about the bout. Like you said a fine excuse to not fight for the rest of the year. 

Turns 36 in august so he better no be out for the year. If summer comes and goes way nae undisputed I’ll be on the same boat as you that it’s never gonna happen 

rudiatemyhamster

I think subconsciously Tyson is wanting to retire but is conflicted.

The bit that did not want the fight took over in sparring

the control our subconscious has is stronger than we will ever admit 

Edited by rudiatemyhamster

Day@theraces

Always liked Fury over Hearns moneybag Joshua, although not a huge fan of Tyson. Although always felt Usyk would of outworked Fury. But looking at the pics circulating, this certainly isn't no pull out job. Just really unfortunate. I honestly think big bang Zhang deals with the the lot outside of Usyk.

3 minutes ago, Day@theraces said:

Always liked Fury over Hearns moneybag Joshua, although not a huge fan of Tyson. Although always felt Usyk would have outworked Fury. But looking at the pics circulating, this certainly isn't no pull out job. Just really unfortunate. I honestly think big bang Zhang deals with the the lot outside of Usyk.

Big bang came on the scene quite late already 40 but he does look dangerous. Thought he beat hrgovic and he rocked the boxing world the way he handled the juggernaut. I was loving his straight left in the first fight but that right hand he caught joe with in the rematch was scary. 

cosanostra

Hell of a cut though. No way he could fight. 

He probably needs at least a few months with no contact to heal.

rudiatemyhamster
20 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Hell of a cut though. No way he could fight. 

He probably needs at least a few months with no contact to heal.

Yep - good plastic surgeon required.  I reckon at least 6 months

been here before

May 18th now being mooted for Uzyk abd Fury.

£8m forfiet if either fighter pulls out.

Edited by been here before

Had wee debate in workshop earlier so thought I’d ask use guys. Is this your cup of tea or is it no for you. 

I’m undecided. Part of me thinks save it for the bigger names and part of me thinks if I tried that I’d be laying on my back seeing stars. 

11 minutes ago, KG1874 said:

Had wee debate in workshop earlier so thought I’d ask use guys. Is this your cup of tea or is it no for you. 

I’m undecided. Part of me thinks save it for the bigger names and part of me thinks if I tried that I’d be laying on my back seeing stars. 

Arsehole. A bit of showboating is fun but not when it crosses the line into humiliating the guy you’re in the ring with and showing him no respect. 

shlabalaba
3 hours ago, KG1874 said:

I used to like Prince Naseem - he had the power to back it up  ,   this guy is just taking the pash with it

Rupert Pupkin
3 hours ago, Tazio said:

Arsehole. A bit of showboating is fun but not when it crosses the line into humiliating the guy you’re in the ring with and showing him no respect. 

Love when guys like this end up getting sparked out.. The don’t look so cocky then.

Sooperstar
6 hours ago, KG1874 said:

There's no debate, he is quite clearly a prick. 

Devin Haney v Ryan Garcia finally announced. 20th April 

amateur level fights it was 3 wins each. Can’t see past a Haney UD personally but looking forward to it. 

vegas-voss

Taylor v Catterall April 27,th Leeds Arena at 140lbs

I'm not sure this is good for Josh at all.If Catterall wanted it that much Josh should have made him go up to 147 as Josh doesn't look healthy at that weight anymore.Hope I'm wrong though and he silences this ***** though.

AlimOzturk

Josh taylor has been a shadow of himself lately. Needs to find something this time.  

cosanostra

Genuinely feeling concerned for Volk and Whittaker this weekend. They're probably my favourite fighters of the last 10 years. I'm nowhere near ready to see them fall off a cliff. 

Americana
6 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Genuinely feeling concerned for Volk and Whittaker this weekend. They're probably my favourite fighters of the last 10 years. I'm nowhere near ready to see them fall off a cliff. 

I see your point with Whittaker , I think hes fairly distracted these days with his own gym etc at home plus the fact he has 24 children.

Cant see Volk getting beat hes still a league apart from that division no matter how dangerous the opponent. I reckon Max beats Topuria, dont think his run to the title was overly impressive judging by names, suppose they cant keep doing Volk Vs Max .

AlimOzturk
12 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Jack using a bit of Rudi to get in on the wind-up. 😄

I actually want him to win now. 🤣

cosanostra
1 hour ago, Americana said:

I see your point with Whittaker , I think hes fairly distracted these days with his own gym etc at home plus the fact he has 24 children.

Cant see Volk getting beat hes still a league apart from that division no matter how dangerous the opponent. I reckon Max beats Topuria, dont think his run to the title was overly impressive judging by names, suppose they cant keep doing Volk Vs Max .

Got a really bad feeling about the Volk fight. 

Americana
11 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

🤣

You seen the stats for over 35s in title fights at welterweight and below? Really doesn't make good reading. 

Volks not human mate, fear not

cosanostra
Just now, Americana said:

Volks not human mate, fear not

Topuria seems like such a wee prick. He's hungry, fast and mean though. I'll be gutted if he's the one to finally topple Volk. 

I'd definitely like to see Holloway v Topuria though. 🤔