Boxing and UFC

Masonic

Day@theraces
1 minute ago, Costanza said:

Exactly. All this is he the best heavyweight on the planet because he demolished a 2 fight boxing novice.

The under appreciation Usyk gets from these pundits (bar Bellew who of course fought him) is ridiculous.

Yup, because he ain't British or else the media would be hanging out his arse.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vegas-voss

• Masonic

• ri Alban

• cosanostra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

DG_HMFC
20 minutes ago, Day@theraces said:

Baddest man on the planet 😂. This was a set up from the start. The sooner people realise that money rules sport then they will see why Francis fought Tyson and then AJ. Boxing is on a bad place and it needs fights like this to get the views back in. Tyson dances around AJ. Usyk has already done it twice. But AJ is back to being a world beater and the media will feast on it like a hungry Tiger.

Na. AJ at his current weight beats Usyk and Fury.

Devastating speed and power.

13 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

That’s some shout. He looks good under Davidson no doubt but Usyk and fury both beat him. I thought AJ should’ve beat Usyk but his gas tank ran out, same as it did against pulev when he nearly got the stoppage early. He took a few rounds off then finally caught him. Fury and Usyk don’t seem to get tired 

Day@theraces
43 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Tell me you haven't watched boxing without watching boxing. Absolute nonsense.

Greedy Jambo

Sheesh, just saw the highlights, that was quite embarrassing.

Life Aquatic
7 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

For all his speed and power, he couldn't get hold of Usyk. AJ was punching the air half the time.

Fury is an anomaly, He gets written off in pretty much every fight he's had and yet he keeps winning.

Edited by Life Aquatic
I dun spell to gud

DG_HMFC
6 hours ago, Day@theraces said:

Tell me you haven't watched boxing without watching boxing. Absolute nonsense.

Explain how it's nonsense?

8 minutes ago, Life Aquatic said:

For all his speed and power, he couldn't get hold of Usyk. AJ was punching the air half the time.

Fury is an anomaly, He gets written off in pretty much every fight he's had and yet he keeps winning.

That why I said AJ at this weight. 

AJ was heavier when he fought Usyk. At his current weight he wouldn't miss.

All about opinions, and it gets people talking.

Aaron78
1 hour ago, DG_HMFC said:

Explain how it's nonsense?

That why I said AJ at this weight. 

AJ was heavier when he fought Usyk. At his current weight he wouldn't miss.

All about opinions, and it gets people talking.

It's not nonsense at all. For me, a confident and focused AJ beats Fury. Fury beats Usyk (size difference is the key factor) and Usyk still beats AJ (I just think he's got his number).

Styles make fights and as always, the heavyweight division is unpredictable.  I just hope as fans, we get the fights we want to see in the next couple of years.

Ngannou has been a bit of a wild card and has been entertaining, but he's not at the top table in boxing.

Rupert Pupkin

A 2 fight novice , who was ranked in the top 10 by the WBC… A now shambolic organisation, with a Charlatan as Champion 

Edited by Rupert Pupkin

vegas-voss

Hearn now saying AJ is the best heavyweight in the world.Notice  he doesn't want him to fight Usyk again though 🤣

vegas-voss

I mean fair play to the guy though what he make $50m dollars last night for a non total fight and he got Ngangou another $20m as well.

vegas-voss

AJ will be world champion again as after Fury/Usyk double header they will both retire imo.

All these fights with guaranteed rematches are making a mug of the fans and the sport. You’ve got to give Joshua credit for having fairly regular fights in the last year or so. 

56 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Hearn now saying AJ is the best heavyweight in the world.Notice  he doesn't want him to fight Usyk again though 🤣

In less than 2 month we will see a heavyweight with 4/5 belts while the rest of the division have none. Whoever that guy is will be the best heavyweight in the world.

Fury and Usyk is 2 fight deal so AJ v Parker rematch is something I’d like to see this year. 

vegas-voss
1 minute ago, KG1874 said:

In less than 2 month we will see a heavyweight with 4/5 belts while the rest of the division have none. Whoever that guy is will be the best heavyweight in the world.

Fury and Usyk is 2 fight deal so AJ v Parker rematch is something I’d like to see this year. 

Agree but I think both will call it quits after the rematch imo 

2 hours ago, Tazio said:

All these fights with guaranteed rematches are making a mug of the fans and the sport. You’ve got to give Joshua credit for having fairly regular fights in the last year or so. 

Money has ruined the sport, much like many others.

The big guys all dick around fighting no-hope bums for a big paycheque and do absolutely everything they can to avoid fighting each other, including relinquishing belts ffs.

AJ could have retired after his double defeat to Usyk, especially after his cringey post-fight meltdown.

But he seems to have gotten his head right and is taking boxing very seriously now.

He's still in his physical prime at 34 so it's good that he's still on the scene.

2 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Agree but I think both will call it quits after the rematch imo 

I think/hope fury will fight AJ then retire if he gets the W against Usyk. He has a chance to say he’s beat all the biggest names of his era. Klit, wilder, usyk, AJ. It’s upto him to go out and do it though. 

cosanostra
23 hours ago, Tazio said:

This is a problem for these mixed fights. The MMA guys aren’t used to the kind of one punch power a true boxer can produce regularly during a fight. 

There are plenty of extremely heavy hitters in MMA but the devastating accuracy that AJ showed there is way more rare. 

N'Gannou was clearly nearly done at the first knock-down. The look on his face said it all. I actually felt sorry for him because you could see that he realised he was light years out of his depth and he was going to get hurt. 

As for his switch to southpaw just before he got knocked down the first time..... what the hell was that? 🤣 Terrible, terrible idea. He just basically gave away his defence and Joshua clicked straight away. Really horrible tactical decision and a catastrophic error of judgement.

Can't take too many KOs like that. Hope he takes a long time off. 

cosanostra
22 hours ago, Day@theraces said:

Tell me you haven't watched boxing without watching boxing.

Read that a few times and I've still no idea what it means. 🤣🤣🤣

cosanostra
6 hours ago, KG1874 said:

I think/hope fury will fight AJ then retire if he gets the W against Usyk. He has a chance to say he’s beat all the biggest names of his era. Klit, wilder, usyk, AJ. It’s upto him to go out and do it though. 

Lots of speculation that Fury and Usyk are both close to retirement. If they fight twice or even three times, there's a fair chance it could be their last.

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Taylor Catterall off…🙈

Unbelievable. Credit where its due to the lad who gave you a heads up on this thread. Gutted for you tho that’s one you’d have been looking forward to. 

vegas-voss
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Taylor Catterall off…🙈

That's brutal can you cancel your hotel and go in May ?

jack D and coke
18 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

That's brutal can you cancel your hotel and go in May ?

Hotel wasn’t paid for so aye. 
Thibk it’s gonna be around end of May now which might clash with cup final if we make it. 
Bummer likes. 

vegas-voss
30 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Hotel wasn’t paid for so aye. 
Thibk it’s gonna be around end of May now which might clash with cup final if we make it. 
Bummer likes. 

25th

jack D and coke
3 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

25th

Cup final day and my birthday then :lol: 

Diadora Van Basten

When is Tyson v one of the Paul brothers.

I’m Intrigued as Tyson looks vicious.

vegas-voss
11 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

He is 57 he can look as vicious as he wants on the pads.Tyson was terrible his last few real fights 25 years ago do you really think he is going to be better now.I know Jake ain't very good but unless Tyson sleeps him in the first two rounds this will be a points win him.Thats if it's actually a real fight and not an exhibition.

Do get me wrong I still wouldn't like to get hit with one of those hooks but the reality is Tyson himself won't really like getting hit either.

Diadora Van Basten
3 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

He is 57 he can look as vicious as he wants on the pads.Tyson was terrible his last few real fights 25 years ago do you really think he is going to be better now.I know Jake ain't very good but unless Tyson sleeps him in the first two rounds this will be a points win him.Thats if it's actually a real fight and not an exhibition.

Do get me wrong I still wouldn't like to get hit with one of those hooks but the reality is Tyson himself won't really like getting hit either.

To be fair his last few fights 25 years ago were against Evander Holyfield and Lennox Lewis. I have read Mike Tyson autobiography and his life was very chaotic (probably an understatement) but back in the day a fit and focused Tyson was superb to watch.

vegas-voss
5 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

To be fair his last few fights 25 years ago were against Evander Holyfield and Lennox Lewis. I have read Mike Tyson autobiography and his life was very chaotic (probably an understatement) but back in the day a fit and focused Tyson was superb to watch.

He got beat by some bums as well the Irish guy 

Tyson era was great to watch though 

Edited by vegas-voss

• 2 weeks later...

I see matchroom v Queensbury is in the works for June 1st. That’s a first. 

Wilder v zhang and beterbiev v bivol undisputed the 2 rumoured headliners and undercard is 5 Queensbury fighters against 5 matchroom.
It’s a stick on DDD fights Hrgovic for vacant IBF world title and ball fights ford for his WBA title. Wonder what other 3 fighters frank and Eddie will risk against each other.

No got a clue what the added points system and captains are all about tho

Americana
4 hours ago, KG1874 said:

I see matchroom v Queensbury is in the works for June 1st. That’s a first. 

Wilder v zhang and beterbiev v bivol undisputed the 2 rumoured headliners and undercard is 5 Queensbury fighters against 5 matchroom.
It’s a stick on DDD fights Hrgovic for vacant IBF world title and ball fights ford for his WBA title. Wonder what other 3 fighters frank and Eddie will risk against each other.

No got a clue what the added points system and captains are all about tho

Absolutely love what The Saudis are doing, even more so for actually being able to watch fights live and not the highlights the day after.

BBBOC and UKAD have won their appeal against Conor benn. So it’s do it the right way face the board and take your ban or keep fighting abroad. 

9 hours ago, Americana said:

Absolutely love what The Saudis are doing, even more so for actually being able to watch fights live and not the highlights the day after.

Agree and it’s worse when you use YouTube for the highlights and the headline has told you the winner. 

Samuel Camazzola

Might not happen today, but it's going to be amusing when Ben Whittaker gets put on his arse whilst showboating. 

Samuel Camazzola

Cracking fight. Both landed quite a few big shots. 

Couldn't grudge a draw there. 

had a wee giggle at that when I see it. Parker calling out Whyte for a rematch 

• 2 weeks later...
Lovecraft

Dunno where they are getting this biggest stacked ever card for UFC 300.

The lineup is absolute dogshit.

It's worse than some of their Fight Nights.

2 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

No their best card that’s for sure. For some reason I had it in my head McGregor was meant to back for ufc 300. Way it being a landmark event you’d have expected a superstar albeit they are few and far between the now. 

Still Cody v fig and max v Justin should be decent and nickal and Harrison have quite abit of hype so I’m looking forward to seeing them in action 

jack D and coke
On 15/03/2024 at 22:37, Diadora Van Basten said:

On 16/03/2024 at 10:43, vegas-voss said:

Aye his punch resistance was gone 25 years ago he’ll get beaten by Paul. His fight with Roy Jones was absolutely chronic. 

Hopefully not badly hurt after it. 

Obvious AJ has avoided Fury for as long as possible,similarly to Mayweather v  Pacquiao,when Floyd hid from him for a decade,waited until he was older/finished.Both are F’N cowards.

Greedy Jambo

Gaethje V Holloway should be an absolute war at UFC 300, Dana White has agreed to up the win bonuses from 50k to 300k. 

Edited by Greedy Jambo

Generic Username
20 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

There are some good fights/fighters on the card but the expectation they created before announcing the card is why it feels like a bit of a let down. 

Amazed Kayla made the weight, the cut looked absolutely brutal given how gaunt she was on the scales. The decision to punt Bo Nikal onto the main card feels weird given the other fights on the prelims/early prelims. 

Fxxx the SPFL

Watched the first five rounds of the Edward’s-Ogry fight last night and I had the French guy ahead in four of those rounds saw this morning that Edward’s won a unanimous decision so he must have turned it around either that or I’m crap at judging a boxing match 

Bindy Badgy
18 hours ago, Generic Username said:

There are some good fights/fighters on the card but the expectation they created before announcing the card is why it feels like a bit of a let down. 

Amazed Kayla made the weight, the cut looked absolutely brutal given how gaunt she was on the scales. The decision to punt Bo Nikal onto the main card feels weird given the other fights on the prelims/early prelims. 

Harrison completely dominated but still looked very gaunt whilst fighting. Cutting that much weight is not good for longevity.