The poker thread...

The Merse

Why were you not responding to the abuse in the sky poker chatbox yesterday Mr Lafferty?

:laugh:

Don't look a the chat that often..

What level was it?

Made about ?190 yesterday in a few hours... Woot

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Merse

• Era Macaroons

• Bigsmak

• Statto

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just played hilarious hand on sky poker there.

25/50p blinds. Shorty shoves all in for ?2.25. Guy calls it, I call with A7 spades.

Go to the flop. Flop 2 spades. Guy checks I check, turn the nut flush. He checks I check. River blank. He shoves for ?35 with NOTHING.

Beautiful, was worried about how I was going to get paid off as well!!

Don't look a the chat that often..

What level was it?

Made about ?190 yesterday in a few hours... Woot

25/50p. U were sitting like a short stacked fish.

been up to the circus a few times.

few of my mates go there on a regular basis to play the cash games anyone played against an asian guy with big teeth and funky hair?

If you could play 2 6-seater sit'n'go's against any 5 pro's -one table against pro's you'd like to play and the other against one's you wouldn't- who would it be?

I'd like to play,

Phil Helmuth

Chris 'Jesus' Ferguson

Devilfish

Annette Obrestad

Daniel Negreanu

Players I wouldn't like to go up against are;

Tom Dwan

Gus Hanson

Mike Matusow

Chris Moneymaker

Greg Raymer

I'd like to play:

Daniel Negreanu

Tom Dwan

Allen Cunningham

Phil Hellmuth

Shannon Elizabeth

not play:

Jamie Gold

Sam Farha

Gus Hansen

Patrick Antonious

Antonio Esfandiari

I don't think you'd ever not want to play against any pro, so i'll go for two tables i would want to play. Legends and new generation.

Brunson

Cloutier

Chan

Hellmuth

Chip Reese RIP

Ivey

Antonius

Negreanau

Hansen

Cunningham

People I wouldnt want to play purely because i cant stand them:

Tom Dwan- punchable face.lol

Jamie Gold-cant stand the way he talks down at people

Matusow-sometimes funny, but still annoying

Tony G- see link

J Tilly(just a pair of tits, worste poker wannabe ever)

Heres tilly pretending to be a poker player and failing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN6wAHTWeEA

The other guy might have been a donkey, but how much would you want to batter tony g if he did this to you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EprGnEjm2oE

Sexton Hardcastle
If you could play 2 6-seater sit'n'go's against any 5 pro's -one table against pro's you'd like to play and the other against one's you wouldn't- who would it be?

I'd like to play,

Phil Helmuth

Chris 'Jesus' Ferguson

Devilfish

Annette Obrestad

Daniel Negreanu

Players I wouldn't like to go up against are;

Tom Dwan

Gus Hanson

Mike Matusow

Chris Moneymaker

Greg Raymer

Did you see the million dollar cash game on sky sports the other night? Ferguson as tight as ever folding AQ etc and fianlly gets the bullets. Of course Helmuth raises with **** and Ivy calls with pocket 3's. Helmuth folds a re raise and Ivy seems priced in. Of course Ivy hits his set and after a nice flop for aces Ferguson goes all in and looses. Pretty brutal for a player who only plays decent hands.

Tom Dwan is a stroker tho.

I don't think you'd ever not want to play against any pro, so i'll go for two tables i would want to play. Legends and new generation.

Brunson

Cloutier

Chan

Hellmuth

Chip Reese RIP

Ivey

Antonius

Negreanau

Hansen

Cunningham

People I wouldnt want to play purely because i cant stand them:

Tom Dwan- punchable face.lol

Jamie Gold-cant stand the way he talks down at people

Matusow-sometimes funny, but still annoying

Tony G- see link

J Tilly(just a pair of tits, worste poker wannabe ever)

Heres tilly pretending to be a poker player and failing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN6wAHTWeEA

The other guy might have been a donkey, but how much would you want to batter tony g if he did this to you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EprGnEjm2oE

Tony G is an absolute dick, and AWFUL at poker. Properly bad. He has to chuck chips in for races as he can't win besides getting lucky.

I'd like to play:

Negreanu

Helmuth

Durrr

Doyle

Ivey

That would be like an impossible match to win!

Walter Payton

Phil Laak

Daniel Negreanu

Antonio Esfandiari

John Juanda

Doyle Brunson

If any of the above couldn't make it, Vanessa Rousso would get a late call up so she could sit there and look nice!

Can I have Shana Hiatt to host the show?

Edited by Andy Grant

Did you see the million dollar cash game on sky sports the other night? Ferguson as tight as ever folding AQ etc and fianlly gets the bullets. Of course Helmuth raises with **** and Ivy calls with pocket 3's. Helmuth folds a re raise and Ivy seems priced in. Of course Ivy hits his set and after a nice flop for aces Ferguson goes all in and looses. Pretty brutal for a player who only plays decent hands.

Tom Dwan is a stroker tho.

I think I seen that, nothing he could have done, Chris Ferguson is a great player and the way he thinks about tournament strategies is very similar to me (or rather the way I think about strategies is similar to him).

I don't like Tom Dwan, he is everything I don't like in a poker player, too loose, gets involved with poor hands, he's the type of player that knocks you out of a tourney with a J5 and call it a good hand.

I think I seen that, nothing he could have done, Chris Ferguson is a great player and the way he thinks about tournament strategies is very similar to me (or rather the way I think about strategies is similar to him).

I don't like Tom Dwan, he is everything I don't like in a poker player, too loose, gets involved with poor hands, he's the type of player that knocks you out of a tourney with a J5 and call it a good hand.

I get where your coming from regarding players getting involved with marginal holdings and then knocking you out of tournaments. The key difference with Dwan is he is an awesome poker player with fantastic reading abilities so it really does not matter what hand he has as he feels he can quickly work out his opponents holding and act accordingly. Dwan is on a level we can't comprehend and to us it just looks fishy but trust me it's not.

In Absentia

My Dream table would be

Phil Helmuth

Mike Matusow

Phil Lack

Vanessa Rousso

Doyle Brunson

My Worst would be

Phil Helmuth - I think he would get on your tits after a while

Tony G

Jamie Gold

Joe Hachem

Sam Farha

Worst table:

Tony G

Eli Elezra

Sam Farha

Jamie Gold

Gabe Kaplan

The thought of playing that makes me feel ill.

:earmuffs:

I get where your coming from regarding players getting involved with marginal holdings and then knocking you out of tournaments. The key difference with Dwan is he is an awesome poker player with fantastic reading abilities so it really does not matter what hand he has as he feels he can quickly work out his opponents holding and act accordingly. Dwan is on a level we can't comprehend and to us it just looks fishy but trust me it's not.

Agreed. It may look fishy but he knows exactly what hes doing. He plays great and will rarely call in a showdown with the worst hand.

Seen a hand on high stakes poker which was crazy. He had QT in a multi way pot which came down:

T22.

Greenstein had AA and led out, Tom Dwan re-raised with QT! Behind him was Peter Eastgate who had 24 who flat called and the AA flat called also.

Dwan managed to get AA and trip 2's to fold on the turn with a monster bet. Incredible.

That arrogant tosser John. Bit gothy...sits pretty deep in the cash games and thinks hes the man...

Welsh John haha, had a feeling it might of been him. Thinks he's the dugs baws at poker..... mind you, he makes a living out of poker so he can't be too bad.

Dream table for me would be:

Hellmuth

Dwan

Ivey

Matusow

Negreanu

and for the record, I love Tony G, I think he's hilarious!

BRING ON THE RUSSIANS! :biglaugh:

Welsh John haha, had a feeling it might of been him. Thinks he's the dugs baws at poker..... mind you, he makes a living out of poker so he can't be too bad.

Nah he's obviously decent. But I've put him in his place a few times now.

Agreed. It may look fishy but he knows exactly what hes doing. He plays great and will rarely call in a showdown with the worst hand.

Seen a hand on high stakes poker which was crazy. He had QT in a multi way pot which came down:

T22.

Greenstein had AA and led out, Tom Dwan re-raised with QT! Behind him was Peter Eastgate who had 24 who flat called and the AA flat called also.

Dwan managed to get AA and trip 2's to fold on the turn with a monster bet. Incredible.

Seen that, awesome play, best part is he knew exactley what he was doing and right after the hand they are all discussing it and he points at Eastgate and says that he folded the best hand and had a 2!

Dwan appeared to win a small fortune in sidebets from Brunson and the others as well who bet that Eastgate didnt have a 2 in his hand!

crazy stuff!

Tommy Wiseau
Seen that, awesome play, best part is he knew exactley what he was doing and right after the hand they are all discussing it and he points at Eastgate and says that he folded the best hand and had a 2!

Dwan appeared to win a small fortune in sidebets from Brunson and the others as well who bet that Eastgate didnt have a 2 in his hand!

crazy stuff!

I'm a big fan of Dwan as well. His reputation means he can usually get paid big time if he gets a monster hand, as well.

Saw something to that on one of the late night poker games, can't remember if it was the Party Poker Premier or the Channel 5 all night cash game. Hand got to the flop after a bit of action, whoever it was (think it may have been Hellmuth) was way behind Roland de Wolfe heads up, looked at the pot and said to him, "You've got King Queen, off suit" and made a huge lay down.

De Wolfe had King Queen off suit. Unreal.

Era Macaroons

on final table just now ..Poker stars $30k rebuy

837 runners 9 left...im 8th with 320 000 chips...1st $5K

chip leader 850K chips, it started midday!

MON THEN!

Era Macaroons

8 left ...im 8th....and a bit adrift...min prize $675

lot a decent pot then folded everything for last 1/2 hour...on a break but will go for glory soon...100K chips left blinds 8k/16k 1.5k anti

Unlucky Era... still.. its a nice little bit of cash

I'm going to play the Sky 00 tonight.... its only ?20 to enter.... Wish us luck.

I'm going to play the Sky 00 tonight.... its only ?20 to enter.... Wish us luck.

Hehehe. It is SO SO SO bad.

Enjoy!!!

He does seem like he is a player but as an opponent to him he must be impossible to read, does he have a hand, is he pushing you around, is he bluffing, does he know what you have? You cannot tell with him, I seen a hand with him against Phil Hellmuth, TD had K2 v PH has K5, TD flopped a 2, check check on the flop, check call on the turn, PH put a huge bluff bet on the river with King high, Tom Dwan was seriously considering calling a healthy proportion of his chips away with a pair of two's. He ended up folding but this does show he has guts to go with the pro's. After the hand Phil's like "if I had pocket Kings there, how well did I play that, check the flop, bet the turn and a huge bet on the river, huh how well did I play those Kings!"

He does seem like he is a player but as an opponent to him he must be impossible to read, does he have a hand, is he pushing you around, is he bluffing, does he know what you have? You cannot tell with him, I seen a hand with him against Phil Hellmuth, TD had K2 v PH has K5, TD flopped a 2, check check on the flop, check call on the turn, PH put a huge bluff bet on the river with King high, Tom Dwan was seriously considering calling a healthy proportion of his chips away with a pair of two's. He ended up folding but this does show he has guts to go with the pro's. After the hand Phil's like "if I had pocket Kings there, how well did I play that, check the flop, bet the turn and a huge bet on the river, huh how well did I play those Kings!"

I seen that before. He literally had the chips in his hand and was about to call and Helmuth went to turn over his cards, and because Helmuth so quickly went to turn his cards over Dwan thought he had something and folded.

God, you've made me consider wasting ?22 on the 5-00 Bigsmak, urghhhh. I know its going to be a waste of money but hmmmm. Screw it. I'm in. PM your msn so we can keep up to date with how its going !!

I played it last week, I doubled up on the first hand with trip 7's v 2 A's. The blinds go up so steeply, from about either 9.15 to 9.30 or 9.30 to 9.45 the blinds go from 100/200 to 400/800. I know they are resticted because it's on TV but it does become a lottery, you NEED hands or you need to make plays and hope your opponents don't have hands.

Good luck.

If you concentrate on using the first break as a milestone or goal to reach, I'm pretty sure the bubble is around the hour mark so if you reach that you'll hopefully get into the money.

I seen that before. He literally had the chips in his hand and was about to call and Helmuth went to turn over his cards, and because Helmuth so quickly went to turn his cards over Dwan thought he had something and folded.

God, you've made me consider wasting ?22 on the 5-00 Bigsmak, urghhhh. I know its going to be a waste of money but hmmmm. Screw it. I'm in. PM your msn so we can keep up to date with how its going !!

Ahhh, now you've made me want to think about entering, I'm going to play a bit of cash first, if I don't make ?20 I'll unregister.

I've entered so it doesn't fill up but I don't know if I'm playing yet.

Play in it...

woooo

I am loving the sky poker.. the standard is not as good as elsewhere you can say.. Even donks like me can make money here!

lol

Such a sick call and I'm out, blinds at 200/400, I have 2800 left, I push with Q5 of clubs in the SB, the BB has 4500 chips left and calls half his stack with 78 of diamonds and hits runner runner for the flush!!!

I hate people that do that, they think I might be "at it" (which I was of course - but that's not the point) what are they actually beating? 67? Half his stack, why can't people like that just give up their blind, instead of letting 9% of his stack go, he calls about 55% of his stack when he must realise he is probally going to be a 40/60 chance at best, he was actually 45/55 because I only had one over card to his connecters.

Still, that proved my point from last week, half an hour in and 2/3rds of the field are short stacked, it's a total lottery.

Unless I satellite in in future, I won't be in Thursday night's main event.

Era Macaroons

cheers, made a couple of mistakes on final table..should really have finished higher (but then we all say that!)

but its still a good result.....thats the biggest field ive made the final table in so im happy.

was about to join you in the sky game...but got baby plonked on lap!, cant have it all the time i suppose !! lol

good luck.....post your progress forra larf/some interest.

Era Macaroons

folk id love to play with

Jesus

doyle

devilfish

gus

daniel

folk that id hate to play with

the eastenders guy

fat lizard eyes

the annoying gibbering loathsome Mikey

any of the hanson mob

the smug english guy that cashed 9 times in last WSOP (lost his name) the guy with specs thats always a pundit/commentator

Era Macaroons
down to last 86, sitting next to D-Mcg on the table..

made the break at first try

good stuff....i pity the non KBers on your table

Anybody played on the new Billy Hills site ?

Going to take a bit of getting use to but some seriously big prizemoney tourneys (if thats your thing). Everything is now in $ as well. Not sure if I like it yet but I'm sure it will grow on me !

Bet you're glad you entered now! :earmuffs:

I'm in a pokerstars $6.50 18 seater sit n go, I played 5 last night, top 4 paid, I finished 1st, 2nd, 1st, 6th and 3rd.

$43.20 for 1st,

$32.40 for 2nd

$21.60 for 3rd and

$10.80 for 4th.

I'm up about ?75.

I've just finished 3rd in the one I was playing there, that's another 10er added to the account :earmuffs:

Edited by Statto

clio kid on the box now

Heh.

I went out 48th :(

I had 4k in blind and 5k behind, I called all in to a raise as committed. Had 43 suited and was against AJ, not the worst situation but he hit and I'm root toot!!

?45 for my efforts!

I've just had a look at who's left, I'm going to say matty666, NIHIGHGUN and goonerjay will make the final table, I know matty666 is current chip leader but I've seen him do well a few times so I think he'll go far, NIHIGH and gooner are both good players as well.

EDIT: they are all on the same table as well (table 5)

2nd EDIT: NIHIGH has just been moved.

Destruction Derby
he was only on for a hand (and he had folded)

channel 865 on sky

Just starting out playing online so been looking at this thread with interest for ages, play house games mostly but thats more of a laugh so does not pay that well.

Era Macaroons
Heh.

I went out 48th :(

I had 4k in blind and 5k behind, I called all in to a raise as committed. Had 43 suited and was against AJ, not the worst situation but he hit and I'm root toot!!

?45 for my efforts!

im now shot of baby.....u playing the cash tables...ive got sky account now

im now shot of baby.....u playing the cash tables...ive got sky account now

Think I'm done for the night. Working these days I can't stay up late anymore!!

Plus made about ?100 today so don't want to play more, lose and go in a bad mood before bed!

Sky balance up to ?1,650.

Era Macaroons
Just starting out playing online so been looking at this thread with interest for ages, play house games mostly but thats more of a laugh so does not pay that well.

If I can give u any advice (from my perspective)....dont start off playing the cash games on the big sites (full of pros)...learn your trade playing cheap tourneys

it will be a lot differant from your home games with mates

Walter Payton
If I can give u any advice (from my perspective)....dont start off playing the cash games on the big sites (full of pros)...learn your trade playing cheap tourneys

it will be a lot differant from your home games with mates

Alternatively you could pay one of us for lessons. Can I suggest the person who won the last time we all played? :sunny: