The poker thread...

The Merse

Question:

6 handed, you have a Queen in the hole, 2 come out on the flop. What are the odds of the one person with position on you at the table having the last one, with a slightly better kicker than you?

Hypothetically speaking, of course...

On Sky Poker?

95%.

In real life, 3%.

Haha, I'm not too sure to be honest but I'm seriously starting to believe Sky Poker is rigged. Too many times the same things seem to be happening.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Merse

• Era Macaroons

• Bigsmak

• Statto

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tommy Wiseau
On Sky Poker?

95%.

In real life, 3%.

Haha, I'm not too sure to be honest but I'm seriously starting to believe Sky Poker is rigged. Too many times the same things seem to be happening.

That's exactly what I've been thinking recently as well.

The number of river beats in showdowns is outrageous. I lost, within the space of about an hour, no less than 6 pots on the river when I was so far ahead that only 3 cards in the deck could beat me. One was so bad that he had to hit runner runner Jacks or he was gone, and there were two in his hand already. He hit them.

Nonsense.

Just playing in the sky ?4K gtd.

3rd.

?376.

I had A3 in the BB, the guy to my right had pushed all in with 500,000 on the last 2 times on his SB. When I picked up the A3 I had 90,000, blinds were at 5000/10,000, the other player had about 220,000. He pushed as I thought, I call and he turns 45, as I expected a nothing hand. I hit an Ace on the flop but the 5 is also there, he hits his 4 on the turn. I still had a few outs, 3 of the other card on the flop, 4 2's, 2 A's = 9 outs, I missed.

I knew mathematically with the A3, it wasn't the best spot to be calling, if he hits 1 of his under cards I've only got the 1 over card, and I would just be unlucky if he had a decent hand this time. Although, with the blinds and stack sizes, it was a must call if I was to go for 1st.

Disappointed at the result but I feel I played well, getting lucky I'll admit earlier on but ?1045 to the winner, that would have looked nice in my account.

I knew mathematically with the A3, it wasn't the best spot to be calling, if he hits 1 of his under cards I've only got the 1 over card, and I would just be unlucky if he had a decent hand this time. Although, with the blinds and stack sizes, it was a must call if I was to go for 1st.

Effectively you are heads up with this one guy who you know to be pushing every time...Almost any A or any K is you should be shoving it all in.

Good call and you were unlucky here.

Era Macaroons
Sky Bounty Hunters - Where does the money go?

I have been looking into the Sky BH's, when they get to heads up, there will always be a player with a remaining bounty on his head.

As an example, I've taken a ?5.75 (?5+75p) 10 player BH SNG.

Sky's income is (?5.75 x 10) ?57.50.

Sky pays half of the buyin as prize money = ?25

Sky pays the other half to bounty takers;

1, -Say one player knocks everyone out, he will be paid (75% of ?2.50 x 9) = (?1.88 x 9) = ?16.92.

2, -If one player knocks 8 out and loses heads up, he'll be paid (75% of ?2.50 x 8) = (?1.88 x 8) = ?15.04 and the winner will be paid (75% of the other players bounty = 25% of ?2.50 x 8 + ?5) = (75% of ?8.76) = ?6.57

If we look at 1, first.

Sky's income is ?57.50, they pay ?25 + ?16.92 = ?41.92

That is a profit of ?15.58 = 27.1%

If we look at 2, next.

Sky's income is again ?57.50, they pay ?25 + ?15.04 + ?6.57 = ?46.61

That is a profit of ?10.89 = 18.9%

So, in Bounty Hunter's they make around 20% profit in each one.

Compair that to the Five00;

Sky's income is (?22 x 500) = ?11,000

Sky pay (?20 x 500) = ?10,000

That means the profit is ?1,000 = 9.1%

Half that of a bounty hunter tournament.

I see why they got rid of the Primo and added a ?20K BH. :(

The winner of the bounty hunter also keeps the value on his own head as a prize....as he has not been 'hunted'.

The winner of the bounty hunter also keeps the value on his own head as a prize....as he has not been 'hunted'.

I did not know that.

I did not know that.

I watched the end of the ?1K BH, noted down their bounties and head values and the winner did keep his own head value, I had always thought if I was in a heads-up battle against someone I knew in a BH, we'd make sure the smaller head value won and then split it so we took more from sky.

Anyway, I was in a ?300 gtd, ?4.40 buyin, 89 entrants, 7th, ?21.

All in with Queens after a min raise, he turns Ace Ten, hit's an Ace on the turn.

Era Macaroons
I watched the end of the ?1K BH, noted down their bounties and head values and the winner did keep his own head value, I had always thought if I was in a heads-up battle against someone I knew in a BH, we'd make sure the smaller head value won and then split it so we took more from sky.

Anyway, I was in a ?300 gtd, ?4.40 buyin, 89 entrants, 7th, ?21.

All in with Queens after a min raise, he turns Ace Ten, hit's an Ace on the turn.

Good work Sherlock.

your getting some decent results as well in tourneys...the 'big one' will come soon!!

Era Macaroons

Playing sky poker with TV remote control.......

anyone tried this? is it a nightmare?

reason I ask is that my normally placid girlfiend went ape last Saturday as i sat down at my laptop (instead of sitting down beside her to watch kak telly), she slams down the lid of the laptop and it wont work anymore.erse.

So im PC less in the evenings at the mo but might try the 5 00 tonight through the box.....or should I not bother?:qqb010:

reason I ask is that my normally placid girlfiend went ape last Saturday as i sat down at my laptop (instead of sitting down beside her to watch kak telly), she slams down the lid of the laptop and it wont work anymore.erse.

So im PC less in the evenings at the mo but might try the 5 00 tonight through the box.....or should I not bother?:qqb010:

What, playing poker instead of sitting with the Girlfriend to watch kak TV... Yup I've tried this, and it sucks..> You are lucky it was just the laptop she broke.... lol...

Era Macaroons
What, playing poker instead of sitting with the Girlfriend to watch kak TV... Yup I've tried this, and it sucks..> You are lucky it was just the laptop she broke.... lol...

There is only so much eastenders/Britains got nae talent/bet he's a secret millionairre/Hells kitchen I can endure before images of pocket aces start appearing in front of my eyes.

:bulb:S'pose ill just have to go out and play 'live' more now!

Just won one of the featured hands on Sky Poker..

I had 6 2 ... an A on the flop I bet and won.. lol

woo - hope the other guys at the table didn't see it!?

Edited by Bigsmak

Bin the bint. IMHO.

Good work Sherlock.

your getting some decent results as well in tourneys...the 'big one' will come soon!!

Played the midnight ?400 gtd, ?10+?1 to enter, 8 got paid, finished 6th, ?37.10.

Great start to May :)

I've been playing the "guarenteed" tourneys recently, cashed in my last 3, I think I've found "my" tourney. The blind levels suit the way I like to play the game, there is around 50-100 players in each one, not too much, you can play a lot more poker late on than at the final table of the Velocity or one of the televised tourneys when it's more often than not an all-in fest.

Does anyone else find they have one type of tournament they like to play?

Era Macaroons
OUT

But made the telly again!

I tuned in when you were on the box (but had folded).

You were sitting with 15000 chips, so watched a bit longer thinking you would appear again,...alas.:50:

Era Macaroons
Played the midnight ?400 gtd, ?10+?1 to enter, 8 got paid, finished 6th, ?37.10.

Great start to May :)

I've been playing the "guarenteed" tourneys recently, cashed in my last 3, I think I've found "my" tourney. The blind levels suit the way I like to play the game, there is around 50-100 players in each one, not too much, you can play a lot more poker late on than at the final table of the Velocity or one of the televised tourneys when it's more often than not an all-in fest.

Does anyone else find they have one type of tournament they like to play?[/QUOTE]

Before Interpoker merged with someone else a few months back I would normally play the nightly ?7K.

There are real advantages to playing the same tourney all the time,as many others are also doing this.

You build up info on them and gain rep yourself, its like having a head start at your table as the 3 or 4 of you who all recognise each other pick at the newbies.

Tommy Wiseau

This has to be a candidate for sickest beat/hand ever (doesn't quite count as a sick beat in the standard way, but is still extremely sick);

Limp in with As 8s, one off the button. Flop comes Ks Kd Qs. Action checks round to me and I throw in a nearly half-pot sized raise with the draw, caller on the button gives me (just about) the pot odds. Sure enough, Js comes on the turn, I check, button puts in a 1/3 pot sized raise. I've got him on either a straight to the Ace, or trip Kings, and I have the nuts, so check-raise him all in and get the call.

Hands up what you reckon happened?

Walter Payton
This has to be a candidate for sickest beat/hand ever (doesn't quite count as a sick beat in the standard way, but is still extremely sick);

Limp in with As 8s, one off the button. Flop comes Ks Kd Qs. Action checks round to me and I throw in a nearly half-pot sized raise with the draw, caller on the button gives me (just about) the pot odds. Sure enough, Js comes on the turn, I check, button puts in a 1/3 pot sized raise. I've got him on either a straight to the Ace, or trip Kings, and I have the nuts, so check-raise him all in and get the call.

He had the K for trips then hit quads on the river.

The Merse

9sTs? or Q for a full house?

Sky Poker formula.

Player 1 flops 2 pair, player 2 turns flush, player 1 rivers full house = typical sky poker hand and maximum rake created for the house!!

Chris Benoit

9s 10s for the straight flush???

sick beat in the ?40 guarenteed this morning, pocket 5's on the button raised pre-flop 2 callers, flop comes A 5 8, player 1 bets, 2 raises and i re-raised, player 1 folded 2 pushes and i call, he turns Q8 off suit, turn Q river Q and i'd easily been in top 2/3 stacks all the way through left me with about 8 BB's 3 hands later pushed with AQ same donk calls with A4 and hits his 4

Edited by Frenchie

Tommy Wiseau
He had the K for trips then hit quads on the river.

9sTs? or Q for a full house?

Sky Poker formula.

Player 1 flops 2 pair, player 2 turns flush, player 1 rivers full house = typical sky poker hand and maximum rake created for the house!!

he had Q 4

and called you down.. A Q hit on the river giving him the FH

JT with T of spades and 9 spade on river?

This is fun,

:laugh:

9s 10s for the straight flush???

sick beat in the ?40 guarenteed this morning, pocket 5's on the button raised pre-flop 2 callers, flop comes A 5 8, player 1 bets, 2 raises and i re-raised, player 1 folded 2 pushes and i call, he turns Q8 off suit, turn Q river Q and i'd easily been in top 2/3 stacks all the way through left me with about 8 BB's 3 hands later pushed with AQ same donk calls with A4 and hits his 4

Congratulations to everyone who said he had the 9 and 10 of spades.

FFS. :laugh:

The odds of me not having the best hand must have been tiny, given his limping pre-flop and flat call post-flop, I knew he didn't have two big face cards, certainly not paired. That ruled out the full house and quads when I was making my decision to go all-in. I knew he either had the straight or the flush, which I was way ahead of. As it happens, he just hit the 1 card in the deck he could have beaten me with FFS.

Sky is rigged. Of that there can be no doubt.

I typed in "very nice hand" after in the box, but said it was a pretty sick way to lose a hand. About 4 folk instantly said, "What do you expect, this is Sky Poker".

Says it all - the rake rules.

Edited by Thommo

I've just been knocked out of a bounty hunter on sky, why do people play so badly in them?

Earlier on a small stack is under the gun and limps, I have AK next to him and push 800 in the middle with blinds still at 25/50, he only has 330 left. He calls with Q8 of spades... he hits a flush. He limps UTG with Q8!!! Then calls a raise with it for all of his chips???

On another hand, I was the short stack at the table with 1100 with blinds at 50/100, I push UTG with QQ, the player one before the button calls and the player on the button pushes for 100 chips more of something and the other player calls it.

In any other tournament, you'd expect me to be up against an AK and a medium pocket pair maybe, 10's or J's or something, I'm up against K3 off and 89 off. I've raised 11x the BB and got one caller with K3 and another player who feels his 89 is good against an early raise and call???

The King came.

That is my last BH.

The Merse
I've just been knocked out of a bounty hunter on sky, why do people play so badly in them?

Earlier on a small stack is under the gun and limps, I have AK next to him and push 800 in the middle with blinds still at 25/50, he only has 330 left. He calls with Q8 of spades... he hits a flush. He limps UTG with Q8!!! Then calls a raise with it for all of his chips???

On another hand, I was the short stack at the table with 1100 with blinds at 50/100, I push UTG with QQ, the player one before the button calls and the player on the button pushes for 100 chips more of something and the other player calls it.

In any other tournament, you'd expect me to be up against an AK and a medium pocket pair maybe, 10's or J's or something, I'm up against K3 off and 89 off. I've raised 11x the BB and got one caller with K3 and another player who feels his 89 is good against an early raise and call???

The King came.

That is my last BH.

Until the next one.

I've came home drunk tonight and played sooooooo badly its embarrassing.

Was 4 tabling 50/1 steaming drunk.

Was about 100 up, now 100 down and really think i should go to bed!!

In Absentia
Got a free afternoon today, are there any afternoon tourneys on at either Circus or the Maybury!?

Not as far as I know.

The next Office Poker Event is the 16th May.

The Merse
Until the next one.

I've came home drunk tonight and played sooooooo badly its embarrassing.

Was 4 tabling 50/1 steaming drunk.

Was about 100 up, now 100 down and really think i should go to bed!!

Well, I should have went to bed, one of the most sickening pots I've ever lost was just round the corner.

Had managed to get back to level again.

Was on ?180 on a 50/1 game then got absolutely stung.

Was in a multi-way raised pot with 78 diamonds.

Flop came out K88. I bet out ?5, got re-raised to ?12, I re-raise it to ?28 and get called. Turn comes down a 9. I bet out ?38. Get called. River comes down another 9. I shove all in for ?100 and get called.

By KING f ucking NINE. Runner runnered me, so, so brutal.

:( :( :(

The Primo's back!!!

They've knocked 10 grand off the guarenteed prize pool though, it's now "only" a ?15K Gtd.

Friday the 15th, I'm going to try and satellite.

Tommy Wiseau

The odds, apparently, of having pocket Kings and running into pocket rockets, is 0.0004%.

On Sky I would be willing to bet that this frequency increases to something around 70%. Effing ridiculous.

The odds, apparently, of having pocket Kings and running into pocket rockets, is 0.0004%.

On Sky I would be willing to bet that this frequency increases to something around 70%. Effing ridiculous.

That isn't right.

It's up for arguement because you don't define the scenario well enough to be exact, but if you have KK there is just over a 1 in 20 chance that an opponent at a full table has AA.

Details are here, because I am not Sklansky ....

http://www.sitandgoplanet.com/multitable/mtt_probability/odds-of-kk-vs-aa.html

The Merse

I'd doubt it is anywhere near as low as 0.00004% but i'd also doubt that it is a 20/1 shot whch MJ is suggesting.

The odds of getting AA are 220/1 I think? So the odds of getting KK would be the same so no way is it a 20/1 shot to be drawn together.

Edit: After reading the link I guess MJ is probably correct, never thought it would be as likely as that. Having said that, the last time I got them I ran into AA.

Edited by D-McG

Chris Benoit
I'd doubt it is anywhere near as low as 0.00004% but i'd also doubt that it is a 20/1 shot whch MJ is suggesting.

The odds of getting AA are 220/1 I think? So the odds of getting KK would be the same so no way is it a 20/1 shot to be drawn together.

Edit: After reading the link I guess MJ is probably correct, never thought it would be as likely as that. Having said that, the last time I got them I ran into AA.

Not lost a hand with KK for a while but seem to be losing 2 out of 3 hands AA, the joys of SkyPoker

Not lost a hand with KK for a while but seem to be losing 2 out of 3 hands AA, the joys of SkyPoker

You are probably playing them wrong

Tommy Wiseau
That isn't right.

It's up for arguement because you don't define the scenario well enough to be exact, but if you have KK there is just over a 1 in 20 chance that an opponent at a full table has AA.

Details are here, because I am not Sklansky ....

http://www.sitandgoplanet.com/multitable/mtt_probability/odds-of-kk-vs-aa.html

I've keyed in too many zeroes - it should have read 0.0049, or 220/1, although I haven't taken into account that the odds don't change just because someone folds. 20/1 is unnervingly high actually!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poker_probability_(Texas_hold_%27em)

I was thinking I was only up against 1 player, everyone else having folded before it hit my small blind to her BB, so although I've made an error and typed in one too many zeroes, I didn't just make it up at least.

I'm sticking with my point - that it happens way, way too often on Sky from what I've seen. When it does, though, you're prepared to accept that's poker and take it on the chin.

Next time I get them I'm sure to win! Oh, wait...

About an hour after my scunner there, I got the Cowboys again on the 2p/4p blinds table. Played them the same, big raise pre-flop, chased the fish away, 2 callers. Flop comes down a rainbow of 9c, 6h, 2s and I jam it all in. One fold, one caller. Turn is a blank, 3s I think.

When the river came up Ace, I didn't even wait to see the guy turn over Ad Qd...

EDIT: Found the site I read the apparently dodgy maths;

http://ezinearticles.com/?Texas-Holdem-Pocket-Card-Odds&id=1914562

Knew I hadn't just made it up! :laugh:

Edited by Thommo
Found the site.

Chris Benoit
You are probably playing them wrong

Don't think so, never slow play and try to drive away the fishes just always seem to come up against a donk who overvalues his Q8 suited or a J9

Just thought I would post..

So played at the casino on Sat night.. Left before the break. Wasn't my night.

Last two hands were sad for me. Hit my straight on the turn - all in and called by a set for him to pair the board on the river.

Then next hand KQ vs KJ and the KJ flushes me out of the tournament.

I BLAME THE DEALER

So came home and entered a $8, 160 person tourney. Last 13 and was sitting about 10th in chips, on the BB and have 5 7 suited. Limp from UTG and the SB comes in. flop - 4 5 7 . Great... I bet UTG raises... both end up all in. (I hope he has A 7)

UTG, with about 16 x BB... LIMPS in with 8 6 off suit... 8... friking 6 off suit at this stage in the game. ... FML

I cashed but I think poker hates me!

Era Macaroons

re the 6,8 off hand.....

sounds like you gave him the opportunity to limp....shocking play by you IMO :shifty: !

re the 6,8 off hand.....

sounds like you gave him the opportunity to limp....shocking play by you IMO :shifty: !

I put him on a good hand.. Limping UTG at this stage screams of Strength. Usually AA whenever I re-raise them.

I put him on a good hand.. Limping UTG at this stage screams of Strength. Usually AA whenever I re-raise them.

68 is premium.

Fact.

Well played the under the gun limper.

Played Saturday and just really sobered up today. Bad night to be honest. Won one of the first hands. BB, four people limped in, I had 7,2 off so checked, 7,7,2 on the flop so slow played and pulled in a guy for a couple of hundred bucks who had flushed on the river. Three hours later, not won a hand, time for bed so started trying to make things happen but same guy kept getting the river!!! Mad I was. One hand he came in with the minimum bet, I had the two top pairs so bet heavy. The ***** had a flush, said he was worried about betting too much as I might have a full house. It wasn't possible with the cards out on the table!!!! He had the nuts and didn't even know it so why the hell did he call me? Anyway, cannot complain, only a game.

I BLAME THE DEALER

Haha hardly my fault you donked of your chips to a calling station...... kidding!

I ended up 4th btw, was itching to go to a house party so raised with KJ, got re-raised but thought feck it and lumped the chips-in, the boy had A 10, a bit annoyed with myself now as I should really of won it but I wasn't fussed whatsoever at the time. Having a weekend of the poker this week, got two mates birthdays so out all weekend, woohooooo! :2thumbsup:

Don't bluff kids, it's not worth it, seriously!!!!

?140 bluff went wrong yesterday - lesson - know when to give up!

:hang:

Just qualified for the big Primo tourney tonight.

?6 in the Primo Direct for a ?55 tourney!

44 entrants, 4 qualify, 5th gets ?22

I won it.

I made a great mini-move when there was about 11 left, I have 44 in the BB. The SB min-raised it, he hadn't been stealing previously so I assumed he may have something. I call.

The flop is something like 37T. He's got 13K, I have 11K, blinds at 1000/2000. He min-bets, 2000. I'm thinking strange bet, I didn't want to push all my chips in in case he had something so min-raise him, I have 7K back so if he pushes I can get away (just). The pot is up to 14K, he has to call 2K and folds. :D

I probally had the best hand and was actually a bad fold from him (price-wise, 7/1) if he had AK, AQ etc. although he was quite a tight player so didn't want to go fishing for a card.

Looking forward to the Primo tonight :)

Just been knocked out moments before the first break, I was very ordinary, nothing special, a couple of all-in pre-flops, both AK. One was against a short stack raising all in for about 300, I re-raised to 600, someone else pushed all in, I called 1200 more all in. The short stack all inner had AT, the other guy had KT, anything but the 2 10's in the deck or I would have needed a miracle, they missed, I doubled up and a bit.

The table was quite aggresive, I sat back a bit, waited for the premium hands, never got them. Then there was a similar scenario to the one mentioned above, a small stack went all in for around 900, I went all in for 1100, the BB to my left called. The small stack had A8, the BB had 99. I had AK again, flop JQJ, a Q would split it now. Turn a blank, river a 10 to give me the straight and a treble up.

A few hands later I raise to 800 on the button with 5's (blinds at 150/300). I get re-raised all in, I had 2200 back. I folded, I still had enough I felt to last a couple of more rounds and I didn't really want a (at best) race for my tournament.

Then the next hand I done something silly, trying to pick up the blinds - get some of the chips I lost on the last hand - I go all in with QJ, run into AQ and that was the end of me.

121st out of 325.

40 paid.

?16,250 in the prize pool.

Walter Payton

I hit my first royal flush last night! Final of a heads up tournament on Pokerstars and a guy generously decided to slowplay his flopped set of Js and let my ks,2d hit the royal on the river. He even paid off a large river bet despite the 4 to a flush , which was nice...

I wasn't quite as decisive on the final hand unfortunately- I could only muster up flopped quads when he decided to ship it with his top pair.

Era Macaroons
Don't bluff kids, it's not worth it, seriously!!!!

?140 bluff went wrong yesterday - lesson - know when to give up!

:hang:

:hat2: details please!