• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Merse

• Era Macaroons

• Bigsmak

• Statto

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can't play im afraid. I had transfered cash into jambobelieves pokerstars, and he was going to do the same for me on hills so i could play it, but it seems you cant do player transfers on hills.

Cheers for help anyway jambobelieve.

I can't play im afraid. I had transfered cash into jambobelieves pokerstars, and he was going to do the same for me on hills so i could play it, but it seems you cant do player transfers on hills.

Cheers for help anyway jambobelieve.

No problem, I've transferred it back to your PS account.

Walter Payton
Everyone got the right software now? I didn't realise there was two..

After the confusion, I realised I actually had an account on WillHill from when I lived in Australia! I'm registered with my first username on here (it's been that long!), Andyinaus... Only one registered so far though which is concerning!

Walter Payton
Not really much point playing if there is only going to be 4 of us is there..

Towzer and Era said they would play as well... Have you heard from Paul?

Towzer and Era said they would play as well... Have you heard from Paul?

na i've not. Are we going to go ahead? See only you and JB have reg'd. Could be as little as 3 handed...

Era Macaroons
na i've not. Are we going to go ahead? See only you and JB have reg'd. Could be as little as 3 handed...

im just about to log on...lets play it out even if its just 4 of us

probably being a berk but i cant find the table...where do i click?

Do you have the proper WIllhill software? See a few posts back apparently 2 versions...

The tourney is in the proper willhill software and then multi, private, petegriffs tourney, password hfc1902

Era Macaroons

balls....sorry , made an erse o it....didnt know id have to down load stuff, didnt leave enough time.

apologies

That's it over!

Prize pool ?20

1st - ?20

4th paddyhmfc, lost 2 big hands against Clum's Choreographer, trip J's lost against a full house AAAJJ and then he was knocked out with 2 pair K's and 9's against A's and K's.

3rd jambobelieve28, lost an all in against D-McG, AT v AK and D-McG rivers a T.

2nd D-McG, the final hand was KJ v A9, all the money went in on the flop and D-McG's KJ wasn't enough.

1st Clum's Choreographer - the first Champion

That's it over!

Prize pool ?20

1st - ?20

4th paddyhmfc, lost 2 big hands against Clum's Choreographer, trip J's lost against a full house AAAJJ and then he was knocked out with 2 pair K's and 9's against A's and K's.

2nd D-McG, the final hand was KJ v A9, all the money went in on the flop and D-McG's KJ wasn't enough.

Started off well then made a move on Clum and stacked off.

You were unlucky mate, I thought you thought I was at it with my button raise, and I didn't have much behind to fold with.

Walter Payton
That's it over!

Prize pool ?20

1st - ?20

Good game guys- I was folding the river if paddy bet again with the JJ before the Ace showed up, but it takes some good luck to win these things! Most aggressive award goes to D-McG though I think...

Walter Payton

You were unlucky mate, I thought you thought I was at it with my button raise, and I didn't have much behind to fold with.

The only reason I didn't fold was because you'd put me off hands 2-3 times before, showing A,4 the first time! Glad I was only playing the draw at the time, otherwise I might have been put on tilt ;)

Good game guys- I was folding the river if paddy bet again with the JJ before the Ace showed up, but it takes some good luck to win these things! Most aggressive award goes to D-McG though I think...

Haha I did start off pretty aggressive. Did have hands most of the time.

The one I check raised and then let out on the turn I did flop 2 pair...

You made an aggresive start, then you lost the AK v Clum's 2 pair, a brave call as there was an open ended draw out.

You were 3/1 to hit the river, you had the club draw as well.

You made an aggresive start, then you lost the AK v Clum's 2 pair, a brave call as there was an open ended draw out.

You were 3/1 to hit the river, you had the club draw as well.

Yeah, thought it was a tough spot to be called in without a straight but knew it was dangerous with the reputation I'd built up at tbe table.

Had fun though and would be happy to play again sometime soon and hopefully get a fuller table!

I am down in Newcastle tomorrow for the Sky Poker Tour too. Looking forward to it.

Good chance I will go down to Nottingham for the Grand Final. If I can keep improving my bankroll. You can buy in directly. Sats are on Sunday and I cant really play then.

How did you do?

Yeah, thought it was a tough spot to be called in without a straight but knew it was dangerous with the reputation I'd built up at tbe table.

Had fun though and would be happy to play again sometime soon and hopefully get a fuller table!

We could even maybe do a Hearts v Hibs special, get 10 of each from JKB and .net, ?10+?1 each, ?100 to the winner, ?60 to 2nd, ?40 to 3rd and the bragging rights of course.

That would be interesting!

YAAAAS!!!

Just won the Sky Velocity ?1500 GTD, ?437.50.

It all that practicing I done in the 1000th post game!

YAAAAS!!!

Well done mate.

Don't feel so bad for that AT suck out I did on you earlier now.

:yes2:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
YAAAAS!!!

Top stuff mate.

I've had a great day as well.

Started with ?25 in Betfair account this morning and finished the night with ?265. Won a ton on a coupon and the rest on La Liga. Spannish football is a gold mine!

Stuck a fiver in Sky Poker as well and I'm currently at ?30.

Top stuff mate.

Started with ?25 in Betfair account this morning and finished the night with ?265. Won a ton on a coupon and the rest on La Liga. Spannish football is a gold mine!

Im glad people are doing well cause im doing ****e tonight :biglaugh:

Down about $70 of $140:7:

Well done mate.

Don't feel so bad for that AT suck out I did on you earlier now.

:yes2:

Top stuff mate.

Cheers! It helped when I doubled up with J's when there was 6 left, 2 hands later I woke up with A's, the UTG only had 1.5K chips (blinds at 10K/20K) I was BB, the SB limped for ?10K and I min-raised him and he folded, won about 21K.

Then the next hand, I picked up the bullets again, 2 all in raises before me, I go all in and treble up. 3 left (I couldn't believe I had actually passed 4th - finished 4th 3 times previousy!) I'm against the guy that was chip leader all the way through, I call his all in with KJ, I flop trip J's, Turn Quads!!!

It went down to 2, I had a 5/2 chip lead roughly, it evened up and on the final hand, he pushed with 97, I call with QJ, flop K4Q, turn J. All I need is to avoid a 10, it's a 9!!!

I stuck with my strategy and it worked!:qqb003:

In Absentia
How did you do?

Finished about 50th just before the dinner break.

Started really well. Won a couple of small pots early on and my stack grew to 7000 from 5000 with in the first level with a couple of well timed moves.

Disaster happened in the second level. I open raised from middle position with KQ of Hearts and was called from the BB. The BB have been very aggressive winning a lot of pots and showing down a bluff a round earlier. Seemed a good player so wasn't exactly wanting to play a pot with him when the rest of the table was weaker.

Flop comes 2d,5h,8d so a decent flop to fire out a continuation bet. Checked by the BB and I bet half the pot and was called. At this point I put him a high card flush draw.

Turn comes Qc

BB Fires out a pot sized bet. Now he done this twice in earlier hands. Once he took the pot and the other was called and had to show a bluff. I decide to call as I think he is just trying to take the pot down. He has around a 1/4 of the pot left in chips so I cant take him off the pot by raising so I can fold and keep that 2000 should the Diamond come down.

River 4d

******! Now am all ready to fold as he goes all in. However one last look at my villain I see him pursing his lips. Which I understand as a tell as he is uncomfortable with the situation. Which changes my mind. So I call and still had 2500 if I was wrong.

He had QdJd my intial read and instincts was right! :7:

Anything wrong with my thinking through the hand?

I get moved table shortly later to the table of death where every on had huge stacks! So I was patent and managed to take the blinds on quite a few occasions with decent hands no nonsense which I am prone to doing. Double up to 7000 with blinds at 300/600 with a race with my QQ v AK. One round later folded round to the SB he raises which he has done twice in the same situation when I have been short stacked so he has a big range but is a tight player and has a decent stack. I have 10 9 off. I cant resist and move all in. Called by AQ. Have a up and down draw but missed. Stupid move by me!

So 2 donkey mistakes and am out.

Sexton Hardcastle

Was an alrite game but im used to those kind of beats on WH. Thought you had a pp but didnt put you on aces. Well played tho. Keep me itk for the next game.

Had a decent wee turn of luck just before going to bed last night. Went on at 11.45pm and said I'd play till midnight. Won ?60 in that time which was nice.

First big pot I won I made a button squeeze with Q6 clubs after the whole table had limped. Got 2 calls. Flop 9TJ - all clubs!! Took down a decent sized pot there.

Was ready to go after that but got AK suited next hand, decided to limp as didn't want to play another big pot before going off. Anyway flop comes A high, I bet ?3.50 and got 2 calls. Turn looked fairly safe to me. I went to bet ?6.50 but accidentally bet ?65. Anyway, got a guy to call me at the last second for his stack of around 30 on a flush draw, which fortunately didn't come.

:earmuffs:

Had a decent wee turn of luck just before going to bed last night. Went on at 11.45pm and said I'd play till midnight. Won ?60 in that time which was nice.

First big pot I won I made a button squeeze with Q6 clubs after the whole table had limped. Got 2 calls. Flop 9TJ - all clubs!! Took down a decent sized pot there.

Was ready to go after that but got AK suited next hand, decided to limp as didn't want to play another big pot before going off. Anyway flop comes A high, I bet ?3.50 and got 2 calls. Turn looked fairly safe to me. I went to bet ?6.50 but accidentally bet ?65. Anyway, got a guy to call me at the last second for his stack of around 30 on a flush draw, which fortunately didn't come.

:biglaugh: Turned out to be a genius bet.

I've almost bubbled on 3 satellites I've played today!

The Velocity sat. (tried to have a cheap return to defend my crown:sunny:) 5 qualified, I went out 6th with pocket 10's, less than a BB left, knocked out by AJ.

The Five00 sat. I went out 8th, 5 qualified.

The 5k BH sat. I was knocked out 16th 13 qualified. I had KK in the BB, I had enough chips to last, I was about 5th of 16, 1 raiser, I re-raise all in against the only player that can knock me out. He calls with AQ (not complaining about it) He flops a Q so even if I flat called him pre-flop, he was calling all the way, he rivered the Ace, that was a pot of around 20K, blinds were at 300/600.

I've entered a sky freerole, ?200 in the prize pool, about 1000 runners expected, it's called the Cheltenham special, blinds up every minute.

Tommy Wiseau

Sky Poker really is full of donks, isn't it?

Chucked ?5 into my account yesterday and am sitting at nearly double that after a total of about 40 minutes on the 2p/4p tables - while playing not only like an absolute tool, but playing tighter than a duck's butt as well.

It's unbelievable what you can get people to call you with.

I've sat with a flush, straight or full house a fair few times and been called on a hefty raise by middle or bottom pair.

I'm not trying to pretend I can play poker well, but Christ - these characters are throwing their money away.

I think it is official.. I Suck at poker.

Took $40 on Full Tilt.. Made it up to $1000 in less than 2 weeks (a win on a $8 for $344 helped) Playing 6, $25 tables and then up to 6 x $50 tables.

So was happy. And now... for some reason I am back to about $100 ... I haven't changed how I play but seem to lose massive hand after massive hand. Mv fav is raising with AQ in late to be flat called and putting a big bet in on a Q high flop to walk into KK... Done this three times in three sessions.

Also, hitting a lower flush and never hitting any of the outs when I push with My A suited into a A high flop with 4 to the flush and being beaten with the Kicker.

SO.. Maybe I should quit again.

Sky Poker really is full of donks, isn't it?

Chucked ?5 into my account yesterday and am sitting at nearly double that after a total of about 40 minutes on the 2p/4p tables - while playing not only like an absolute tool, but playing tighter than a duck's butt as well.

It's unbelievable what you can get people to call you with.

I've sat with a flush, straight or full house a fair few times and been called on a hefty raise by middle or bottom pair.

I'm not trying to pretend I can play poker well, but Christ - these characters are throwing their money away.

Hehehe. I'm going to need to keep quiet about the standard of Sky!! Don't want people moving in on my territory.

:laugh:

It is so easy though.

Just won ?150 pot a few mins ago on 25/50p.

Me KK. Guy under the gun min raises (already wtf'ing at that), the next guy makes it ?3.50 to go. I'm next with KK, I make it ?9.50 to go, the next guy shoves all in for ?13.50 (an under raise), the orig min raiser calls, as does the second re-raiser!

So ?50 in the middle for 4 way action pre-flop on 25/50p, bit crazy.

Flop comes down K35. Guy bets ?25, I go all in for ?50. He calls, he has AK and doesn't get the runner runner he requires.

Was nice. Balance now up to ?1,550.

Up ?3,200 in less than 2 months on there now.

Yikes.

Took $40 on Full Tilt.. Made it up to $1000 in less than 2 weeks (a win on a $8 for $344 helped) Playing 6, $25 tables and then up to 6 x $50 tables.

So was happy. And now... for some reason I am back to about $100 ... I haven't changed how I play but seem to lose massive hand after massive hand. Mv fav is raising with AQ in late to be flat called and putting a big bet in on a Q high flop to walk into KK... Done this three times in three sessions.

Also, hitting a lower flush and never hitting any of the outs when I push with My A suited into a A high flop with 4 to the flush and being beaten with the Kicker.

Don't quit!

Just stop being unlucky!

Had some bad ones on .10/.25 pokerstars last night. The worste one was just sickening, one guy raised 4XBB($1), two called..came to me in the BB I had KK, so I reraised up to $3, the guy who raised was new to the table, and pushed all in($25), I decided to call. On stars you dont see the cards till after the river...there was an ace on the flop so i was already fearing the worste..and 3 hearts on board by the end...the guy turned over Q2 of hearts, and won with the flush..was rageing.

Other table. guy raised preflop, i had 33 in small blind and called. flop came 3 5 10 rainbow. I checked, he bet $2, i raised $5 he pushed all in $18 I instant called with my set. turn 2, river 4. guy has AQ..wtf??

Also lost with second best flush vs nut flush. Flopped str8 and lost to higher str8 that was made on the river.

Having worste run ever. Taking a few days off..:7:

Had some bad ones on .10/.25 pokerstars last night. The worste one was just sickening, one guy raised 4XBB($1), two called..came to me in the BB I had KK, so I reraised up to $3, the guy who raised was new to the table, and pushed all in($25), I decided to call. On stars you dont see the cards till after the river...there was an ace on the flop so i was already fearing the worste..and 3 hearts on board by the end...the guy turned over Q2 of hearts, and won with the flush..was rageing.

Other table. guy raised preflop, i had 33 in small blind and called. flop came 3 5 10 rainbow. I checked, he bet $2, i raised $5 he pushed all in $18 I instant called with my set. turn 2, river 4. guy has AQ..wtf??

Also lost with second best flush vs nut flush. Flopped str8 and lost to higher str8 that was made on the river.

Having worste run ever. Taking a few days off..:7:

Brutal...

:saddam:

Tommy Wiseau
Hehehe. I'm going to need to keep quiet about the standard of Sky!! Don't want people moving in on my territory.

It is so easy though.

Just won ?150 pot a few mins ago on 25/50p.

Me KK. Guy under the gun min raises (already wtf'ing at that), the next guy makes it ?3.50 to go. I'm next with KK, I make it ?9.50 to go, the next guy shoves all in for ?13.50 (an under raise), the orig min raiser calls, as does the second re-raiser!

So ?50 in the middle for 4 way action pre-flop on 25/50p, bit crazy.

Flop comes down K35. Guy bets ?25, I go all in for ?50. He calls, he has AK and doesn't get the runner runner he requires.

Was nice. Balance now up to ?1,550.

Up ?3,200 in less than 2 months on there now.

Yikes.

Just had a belter on the 2p/4p tables there.

Girl flopped a straight and checked it round on the turn and river, despite there being bugger all else on the board - she took down a pot of about 12p! Never even tried to build the pot.

Just had a belter on the 2p/4p tables there.

Girl flopped a straight and checked it round on the turn and river, despite there being bugger all else on the board - she took down a pot of about 12p! Never even tried to build the pot.

That tends to be the reason I win on Sky. I punish people with big bets when I have the goods, yet when they have them they let me off the hook cheaply!!

Era Macaroons

I noticed that when you posted your win...(5 or 6 tables open)....too many IMO, it must be hard to build up a decent picture of your opponents when furiously flicking between tables.

perhaps playing less tables, say 2 or 3 , will help your game. personally i find any more than 2 too tricky to follow well.

...and im sure you dont quit golf when you have a few bad rounds!!

Edited by Era Macaroons

Wow.

I went on to a ?0.5/1 blind table as I seen a guy who IS so bad on them. Sat in for ?100, got up to around ?150, ?50 courtesy of donk who stacked off about ?200 while I was there. I then got myself in trouble and lost a ?200 pot like an idiot.

I had K3 in the big blind. Flop Q53, only button and small blind in hand so i thought id fire out hoping that it was missed. Both call. Turn is another 3 for trips. I bet ?7 and the button raises me to ?14. I raise to ?31, and he goes all in. There wasn't many hands that made sense. I called and as ever on Sky cards don't turn over till river which to my delight was a K, which didn't make any difference as he had 55.

Urgh.

I then (sort of tilty) seen the same donk that I joined the 50/1 game for playing ?1.5/3. I sat in his game for ?220. Few hands in he raises it to ?12. I call on the button with 97 suited.

Flop JT8.

2 spades.

He fires out ?30, I flat it, and so does somebody else to my surprise.

Turn 5 spades. Sick card but it checks to me and I bet ?72 and they both pass.

I left it there. Although I feel I should stay as I'm sure I could have stacked the idiot for another ?300 if i stuck around but I bottled it!!!

I'm in the middle of a pokerstars triple shoot-out, I've just finished the first match and I played outstanding poker, I was at the table with just the 3 of them for so long I got a read off them, I was raising pots with a pair of 4's with a 5 kicker on an A high board after he bet out, I knew by his bet sizes and how long he took to bet, generally what he had. It was amazing, I did get lucky twice against him, the first, he was min betting when first to act, I had learned he was mostly on a draw when doing this (once he did have a middle pair), I had a K3, I had hit nothing on the flop but a backdoor flush draw, I was going to try and float the flop and turn if the flushing card didn't come, the turn was a 3 and the river was a 3 :biglaugh: Instead of betting big to scare him, I bet about 300 into a 1200 pot, he called, I don't know what he had though, maybe a middle pair. The last hand was very sick, he's in the BB (75/150) I raise to 900, he has 1600 chips left, I have a JT and he re-raises for another 700, he turns over QQ, I flop a T and turn a J!!!

8 more to go out before we head into the next round, we'll (hopefully) have 1 more round after that where the top 2 advance to the Sunday Million ($215 buyin) and 3rd gets $117.20. I wouldn't be too disappointed with 3rd! :sunny:

Edited by Statto

...and im sure you dont quit golf when you have a few bad rounds!!

Well... I have thought about it.,.

When I say Quit.. I mean... get away for a few days / week or something. .

I found myself chasing ot try and get the cash back. Maybe not playing properly.. Not quite tilting.. but something like it!

Wow.

I went on to a ?0.5/1 blind table as I seen a guy who IS so bad on them. Sat in for ?100, got up to around ?150, ?50 courtesy of donk who stacked off about ?200 while I was there. I then got myself in trouble and lost a ?200 pot like an idiot.

I had K3 in the big blind. Flop Q53, only button and small blind in hand so i thought id fire out hoping that it was missed. Both call. Turn is another 3 for trips. I bet ?7 and the button raises me to ?14. I raise to ?31, and he goes all in. There wasn't many hands that made sense. I called and as ever on Sky cards don't turn over till river which to my delight was a K, which didn't make any difference as he had 55.

Urgh.

I then (sort of tilty) seen the same donk that I joined the 50/1 game for playing ?1.5/3. I sat in his game for ?220. Few hands in he raises it to ?12. I call on the button with 97 suited.

Flop JT8.

2 spades.

He fires out ?30, I flat it, and so does somebody else to my surprise.

Turn 5 spades. Sick card but it checks to me and I bet ?72 and they both pass.

I left it there. Although I feel I should stay as I'm sure I could have stacked the idiot for another ?300 if i stuck around but I bottled it!!!

So how is the bankroll management going? :bomb2:

I'm only laughing because you seem to have as much self control as me. Brilliant on your day, but prone to reckless shots at stardom.

So how is the bankroll management going? :bomb2:

I'm only laughing because you seem to have as much self control as me. Brilliant on your day, but prone to reckless shots at stardom.

It had been going pretty good but I'm a vulture, I join tables looking for people I've seen in the past that I know are easy money.

I actually just took THE sickest beat ever a minute ago on 25/50p.

Doubled up to ?100 with a set of 4's.

Then get 99. Limp call a raise with them. Flop A9J - all clubs. Guy bets ?4 I make it ?12.50. Turn 8 offsuit. He bets ?4 I shove for all in, he calls off another ?40 with......

A5, 5 of clubs, river club.

Feel physically sick after that one.