(Yams) Financial Meltdown- UBIG shares remain frozen/Transfer ban remains (The Highlight Reel)

Gregory House M.D.

251 members have voted

1. 1. What's your preferred outcome from the financial problems over at Yam land?

• I get scammed for a pretend Lithuanians inside scoop
    • I make an arse of myself kidding on I'm in the know
    • I end up a figure of ridicule on JKB
    • I see my hopes and dreams slowly fade into the distance

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
john brownlee

So, let's have a brief summary of their misdemeanors:

Financial cheating/doping to win trophies - check

Falsifying records to cover their tracks while winning said tainted trophy - check

Lack of sporting integrity on the field in last cup winning final - check

Being liquidated - check

Bumping creditors - check

Chairman being jailed and defrauding charities - check

I'll not bother mentioning players fighting, making racist remarks, pishing in charity shop doorways, disabled fan's carers attacking the ref etc.

And don't forget the fans breaking and stealing seats from the east 'stand' that other people had already paid for.

Hibs class indeed.

you forgot selling their sole to smellic and their team........HaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHA HA Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

then not for the first time we had to save them

WorldChampions1902

Very interesting Davy!

I checked my original source which is Bob Crampsey's SFL The First 100 Years. His phrasing is rather clumsily worded as it states, "In 1887 Hibernian won the SC defeating Dumbarton in the final. Dumbarton's near neighbours Vale of Leven, acting as their agents as Adventurers had done for Dunfermline Athletic, hired a private detective named Morton, who established that one of the Hibernian players, William Groves, had been paid up to four times his wages as an apprentice stonemason as "broken time", to enable him to turn out for the club".

The passage goes on to say, "Moreover, in the 'whitewash', set of books presented by Hibernian, it was observed that although the club had certainly had three distinct secretary-treasurers in the last five years, nevertheless all the entries for that period were made in the same hand".

So to summarise, it looks like Dumbarton initiated the investigation of cheating by Hibernians as they used Vale of Leven and their private investigator Morton "as their agents". All very unsavoury and not becoming of any Football Club that champions Fair Play.

Sadly, it's not the only skeleton in their cupboard, but probably best to let things rest there.

Hearts Heritage

Very interesting Davy!

I checked my original source which is Bob Crampsey's SFL The First 100 Years. His phrasing is rather clumsily worded as it states, "In 1887 Hibernian won the SC defeating Dumbarton in the final. Dumbarton's near neighbours Vale of Leven, acting as their agents as Adventurers had done for Dunfermline Athletic, hired a private detective named Morton, who established that one of the Hibernian players, William Groves, had been paid up to four times his wages as an apprentice stonemason as "broken time", to enable him to turn out for the club".

The passage goes on to say, "Moreover, in the 'whitewash', set of books presented by Hibernian, it was observed that although the club had certainly had three distinct secretary-treasurers in the last five years, nevertheless all the entries for that period were made in the same hand".

So to summarise, it looks like Dumbarton initiated the investigation of cheating by Hibernians as they used Vale of Leven and their private investigator Morton "as their agents". All very unsavoury and not becoming of any Football Club that champions Fair Play.

Sadly, it's not the only skeleton in their cupboard, but probably best to let things rest there.

Hearts had been kicked out of the Cup 3 years earlier for 'Professionalism'.

Falsifying records to cover their tracks while winning said tainted trophy - check

Being liquidated - check

I'll not bother mentioning players fighting, making racist remarks, pishing in charity shop doorways, disabled fan's carers attacking the ref etc.

And don't forget the fans breaking and stealing seats from the east 'stand' that other people had already paid for.

Hibs class indeed.

Like having a ****ed scoreboard, a fine list of firsts that we could never have hoped to attain.

:sad:

People laughed at Hibbies emailing administrators!! Is it only me that thinks pointing out misdemeanours from over a century ago, is pretty damn sad?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hungry hippo

People laughed at Hibbies emailing administrators!! Is it only me that thinks pointing out misdemeanours from over a century ago, is pretty damn sad?

It was a joke.

Gregory House M.D.

They also cheated to win the cup in 1902 when their Welsh captain shouted 'ma ball' in a weegie accent to fool the celtic defence.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Atherton

If I was a hibby I'd insist that the 1902 victory was erased from the record books and that the good ship HFC was scuttled somewhere off the coast of Lochend.

It's the only honourable way.

Yes, after forcing Celtic to compete the final in the first instance on the back of the Ibrox disaster.

Dallas Green

Yes.

Don't take things too seriously.

Cardiac Rucksack

Why do they think the guy in charge of one of UBIGs biggest creditors, won't know when the creditors meeting for UBIG is?

Looks like they're not so sure about the "frozen" shares anymore............squeaky bum time for the ITK!

heartgarfunkel

Being liquidated - check

Shoplifting a chipped rejects shelf decanter from Poundies on Leith Walk and presenting it to Le Chimp in an embarrassing jakeys and arses fest, then pretending he didn't smash it by flinging it from his fast black en route to the airport - check

Hibs class indeed.

Good work BB - added a wee bit in

scottish_chicP

"My guess is that nothing will shut the Hibs fans up. The game is an irrelevance". Response "Disagree with that; all they need to do to shut us up is to beat us, and they almost certainly will.":D

...a bit disco

This boy's got to be a 'yam fud' interloper.

user-online.png
'S' Form Join Date Jul 2007 Posts 9

Is it possible our 'experts' have missed something. It has been a fairly mild winter.

I reckon that they'll be mass suicides in Leith the day we exit admin.

Also some claim they want us to be liquidated because we cheated, this is bs.

The real reason they want us to go out of business is because of all the pain we've caused them down the years.

They were just as desperate for us to go bust in 2003-04 when pieman tried to sell Tynecastle.

I reckon that they'll be mass suicides in Leith the day we exit admin.

Also some claim they want us to be liquidated because we cheated, this is bs.

The real reason they want us to go out of business is because of all the pain we've caused them down the years.

They were just as desperate for us to go bust in 2003-04 when pieman tried to sell Tynecastle.

That will be the same day sirgay and bajillions are barred from the net as all there thick headed followers will finally see that they have been getting the p--s taking out of them by these so called ITK Clowns

BonnyriggSectionG

The difference is though, people on here are being sarcastic. The obsession and seeth on mybrothermydad.net is from decades of derby humpings, shit players, lying to themselves that each year would be there year and then just the usual inbreeding.

That will be the same day sirgay and bajillions are barred from the net as all there thick headed followers will finally see that they have been getting the p--s taking out of them by these so called ITK Clowns

It's the same person.

Its not just Sergey and Bajillions. After having a quick look over there just now I'm genuinely astounded at how many of them think the know the inner workings of Lithuanian insolvency procedure.

Of course its all about reassuring each other but the amount of utter bull on that site is incredible.

The Bloomberg article of 12th April last year, the one they all hold so dear, the one they claim that Vlads assets were frozen pending a criminal investigation!!!

What it actually states is his assets were frozen pending law suits from various parties who felt they were ripped off. It does not state anywhere in the article about a criminal investigation being the reason for the freezing of assets.

Since then both companies have gone tits up and no longer belong to Vlad.

Anyone who thinks this will be delayed due to allegedly frozen shares is a fantasist.

The Bloomberg article of 12th April last year, the one they all hold so dear, the one they claim that Vlads assets were frozen pending a criminal investigation!!!

What it actually states is his assets were frozen pending law suits from various parties who felt they were ripped off. It does not state anywhere in the article about a criminal investigation being the reason for the freezing of assets.

Anyone who thinks this will be delayed due to allegedly frozen shares is a fantasist.

The shares couldn't be less frozen if they were nestling in a solar flare, rubbing lava on themselves, and eating a Kismot killer.

Step forward sirgay and bajillions both are a fantasist as both are the same person.

The article IMO doesn't make sense

Heart of Midlothian owner Vladimir Romanov?s assets were frozen by a Lithuanian court, derailing any potential sale of the Scottish soccer club.

The assets of Ukio Banko Investicine Grupe, or UBIG, through which Romanov controls 79 percent of Hearts in Edinburgh, were blocked yesterday in the course of a lawsuit against the Russian-born investor and his sister, Olga Goncaruk, Kaunas District Court said today on its website.

?Any sale or transfer? of UBIG?s shares in Hearts or its other property ?is forbidden,? Gintare Putnikiene, a spokeswoman for the court in Kaunas said by phone today. Several companies are suing Romanov and Goncaruk to recover ?large debts? the two jointly undertook, Putnikiene said.

Regulators in February closed Ukio Bankas AB (UKB1L), a Lithuanian lender that Romanov controlled and used to finance international sport, aluminum and real-estate projects. Foundation of Hearts, an Edinburgh-based supporters group, said on April 9 it was negotiating together with other fan associations to buy a majority of Hearts shares from UBIG.

Besides UBIG assets, which include Hearts?s Tynecastle stadium in the west of the Scottish capital, the court said it also froze property belonging to Romanov and Goncaruk personally and to Birac Europe AB, a company they jointly own.

The arrest order can be appealed within seven days, according to the court?s statement.

Speaking by phone to LNK television last night, Romanov said he wouldn't comment on the court?s decision until he had more information, according to a report on Vilnius-based LNK?s website. Officials at UBIG couldn't be immediately reached by telephone at their office in Kaunas.

No mention of any arrest warrant other than the arrest order with may refer to the property Romanov & Goncaruk owned. An administrator was appointed by the court to liquidate the business assets.

The shares couldn't be less frozen if they were nestling in a solar flare, rubbing lava on themselves, and eating a Kismot killer.

Exactly. They are wondering why no press or no hearts fans are asking searching questions about frozen shares, when what they should be asking is why is it ONLY THEM whom are talking of frozen shares.

Amidst that "I'd like a PM" thread the other day I pointed out that Freezing of Assets was a precursor to the Administrators taking control and disposing of the assets as opposed to an obstacle.

Essentially it was the courts saying "We haven't figured out yet who should have control of these assets (Vlad or the Creditors) but they're not going anywhere until we do". Since then they have figured it out and it wasn't Vlad

The only way they would still be frozen would be if the decision to put UBIG into administration was still being disputed.

Instead of going on about how Vlad was screwed and liable to get even more screwed they should have invented stories about how he was about to stage a comeback and attempt to seize control of what had been taken from him.

BonnyriggSectionG

Just had a quick look at we'reallrelated.net and I seen a few of them say that sir gay and vajillions deserve apologies from the great people of kickback cause they now believe that they were right!

Can't wait till they figure out how wrong they both were and that yesterday was a minor blip.

Amidst that "I'd like a PM" thread the other day I pointed out that Freezing of Assets was a precursor to the Administrators taking control and disposing of the assets as opposed to an obstacle.

Essentially it was the courts saying "We haven't figured out yet who should have control of these assets (Vlad or the Creditors) but they're not going anywhere until we do". Since then they have figured it out and it wasn't Vlad

The only way they would still be frozen would be if the decision to put UBIG into administration was still being disputed.

Instead of going on about how Vlad was screwed and liable to get even more screwed they should have invented stories about how he was about to stage a comeback and attempt to seize control of what had been taken from him.

Nail. On. Head. :thumb:

• 2 weeks later...

:lol:

Originally Posted by Filled Rolls:

Tell us more.

A guy down the pub mentioned there were holes in the accounts because someone on the staff had been syphoning off cash. I can't back up the story other than to say the guy down the pub is not a football fan and definitely has a connection with BH.

Ha ha, brilliantly put!

:rofl:

Gregory House M.D.

Houston, we have a break down.

God FFS hurry up and just end them already.

Sick to the back teeth of hearing this creepy hearts love in from the BBC week in, week out of how hard done by they are. How hard a time the fans are having, what a sterling job Gary Locke is doing. Sick of hearing week in, week out, Gary Locke going on about how he's doing this job with two hands behind his back and now he's saying he wants to get Hearts back where they deserve to be, at the top end of the SPFL

**** right off to the lot of you.

Hearts deserve to have this happen to them for their years of overspending. Their years of gross mismanagement, ripping off the council, charities, other businesses. The fans deserve to see their club liquidated for standing idly by as this mentalist came in from Russia promising them World Cup Stars. They all bought into it, and they all deserve to see their club die.

Hurry up and just kill the *******s, because I can't stand anymore of the sychophantic pish from anyone with a wee soft spot for that horrible club.

Generic Username

Dashing Bob S

user-online.png Coaching Staff avatar4637_6.gif Join Date Feb 2005 Posts 20,799 Mentioned 0 Post(s)

quote_icon.png

Originally Posted by
leggeto
viewpost-right.png

This quote is hidden because you are
this member.

Just thinking earlier does anyone think they will have to drop to being a part-time club to reduce costs

They've always been a part-time football club. The have, however, been full-time in cheating, swindling, sex offending and self-pitying.

Generic Username

Always been part time huh.

Makes our ridiculous record against Hibs even more impressive in that case.

Idiot.

Dashing Bob S

user-online.png Coaching Staff avatar4637_6.gif Join Date Feb 2005 Posts 20,799 Mentioned 0 Post(s)

quote_icon.png

Originally Posted by
leggeto
viewpost-right.png

This quote is hidden because you are
this member.

Just thinking earlier does anyone think they will have to drop to being a part-time club to reduce costs

They've always been a part-time football club. The have, however, been full-time in cheating, swindling, sex offending and self-pitying.

:cornette:

Does not say much for them, if our part time club regularly humiliates them.

Generic Username

"They've always been a part-time football club" hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

*checks derby record*

:pleasing:

scottish_chicP

Wait are we cheats who have overspent for years or a part time club? I'm confused :huh:

What's wrong with sex offending 9-5, likes?

To be fair, a few of here would say "we've all done a bit sex offending in the pub on a Saturday that you wouldn't usually do lol"

scottish_chicP

To be fair, a few of here would say "we've all done a bit sex offending in the pub on a Saturday that you wouldn't usually do lol"

:lol: I forgot about that!

"They've always been a part-time football club" hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

*checks derby record*

:pleasing:

Haha!

Dashing Boab is broken on so many levels. the 19th of May hurts bad with this one.

:laugh:

Generic Username

Part-Time Financial Doping Pub Team Poppy Thief Nonces of Midlothian Football Club

Incredible that we manage to cram all that in and still find time to slip Hibs the big maroon crippler on a frequent basis. How embarassing.

Part-Time Financial Doping Pub Team Poppy Thief Nonces of Midlothian Football Club

Incredible that we manage to cram all that in and still find time to slip Hibs the big maroon crippler on a frequent basis. How embarassing.

We are one of the 'establishment' club's! :jj:

Dagger Is Back

By now none of us should ever fail to realise just how misguided these chumps are. This beaut was posted in June 2012

Mikey

@hibs.net private member

Killer Darts: Jaws Yams At Meadowbank Next Season

I hear that the Yams will be playing just along the road from us next season. The council have cosied up to them again and they're getting to play there. Murrayfield and Livi wouldn't touch them as they don't trust Vlad to cough up without a fight.

Temporary stands will be erected around the perimeter, as there were for the Commonwealth Games.

Tick tock..................

eightyonepercent

Hibs.net Countdown Counting down to: Hearts Winning The Champions League

403days 0hours 30minutes

Doctor FinnBarr

By now none of us should ever fail to realise just how misguided these chumps are. This beaut was posted in June 2012

Mikey

@hibs.net private member

Killer Darts: Jaws Yams At Meadowbank Next Season

I hear that the Yams will be playing just along the road from us next season. The council have cosied up to them again and they're getting to play there. Murrayfield and Livi wouldn't touch them as they don't trust Vlad to cough up without a fight.

Temporary stands will be erected around the perimeter, as there were for the Commonwealth Games.

Tick tock..................

eightyonepercent

Hibs.net Countdown Counting down to: Hearts Winning The Champions League

403days 0hours 30minutes

Fat Mikey really is a tube.

HAI MIKEY, know your looking in you fat lump of lard

Doctor FinnBarr

How fat is Mikey? Is he morbidly obese?

Yep, heart attack waiting to happen, and he might be Sirgay too, you never know

Archived