The Stephen Pressley Thread ( merged )

Therapist

Guest Dipped Flake

The chelsea loyal must be spitting blood today. Pressley returns to Tynecastle and gets the biggest cheer of the day and then an hour later their english team can't even beat Bolton. I really really wish that all those numpties that insist on putting an H in Pressleys name would just stay away from Heart of Midlothian football club because today showed Elvis what the vast majority of us think about him.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bishop1874
and Celtic and Rangers. I don't buy this stuff about him bring forced out within a week he had signed for Celtic, is that not slightly suspicious? I doubt he'll ever be a coach here he has blown his chance imo by the way he acted then

Not suspicious at all, he could have went to any team in Scotland or a couple of of teams in the premiership, he choose Celtic so what!!!

The reson he had signed within a week was because he is a good defender and a leader whos experience and commitment would be welcome in most British teams.

Pressley held hearts together during a reallt tough time it must have been soul destroying and mentally tough for him going from leading a good squad to training with over 40 players who would struggle to play sunday league.

Hearts legend.

boabyarsebiscuit
The chelsea loyal must be spitting blood today.

I'm not. Didn't expect Chelsea to do it, and the Bolton goal was academic as Man Utd had already won the League when it went in.

I'm not a Pressley hater either.

Guest hoggis
The chelsea loyal must be spitting blood today. Pressley returns to Tynecastle and gets the biggest cheer of the day and then an hour later their english team can't even beat Bolton. I really really wish that all those numpties that insist on putting an H in Pressleys name would just stay away from Heart of Midlothian football club because today showed Elvis what the vast majority of us think about him.

Dont waste your time mate

He might not reply though.

Maybe celebrating Manchester United being the best team in England.

:)

jamboinheaven
Thanks.

Proves my point that the vast majority of Hearts fans hate Prhessley.

the last day of the premiership hd a lot to do with that ,well for me anyway (mod edit)

Everyone still hating Elvis?

Atleast eh had the balls to stand up to Romanov unlike alot of the players at the club and he said to the fans what was going on, which he had the decency to do.

I dont see the problem, well the fist pumping maybe but that was aimed at Romanov, do you think if he still had no affection for Hearts he wouldnt have showed up today?

Sheesh, it was ages ago it happened, let it rest.

Its in the past.

I didn't start it. The Mods separated it out from another thread. :rolleyes:

No more abuse on this thread please.

Thanks.

Question to the Mods:

Why did the Mods separate it out from another thread?

Dirk Diggler
?

Atleast eh had the balls to stand up to Romanov unlike alot of the players at the club and he said to the fans what was going on, which he had the decency to do.

How exactly did he stand up to Romanov and how exactly did he tell the fans what was going on?

I must have missed that?

• Moderators
Question to the Mods:

People hijacked the Robbie Neilson testimonial thread so this was made into a thread of it's own to let those who attended the RN game discuss it in peace.

Thanks for backing me up. As I pointed out, the only ones attending today were the minority who think Prhessley is not a rheptile.

Hmmmm, don't know about that, doubtful i'd ever back you up. Have to say though i enjoyed the Man Utd game shown on the screens after the match, how about you?

Question to the Mods:

I would suggest that it retreads the same old story that comes up all the time.

Time and again threads are polluted by Pressley debate (to be fair, I have put my fair share in) and went way off topic.

I would suggest the mods did the right thing in this instance. Means that those that want to debate Pressley and his decisions and his current situation can do.

Is it really that big a deal though?

coppercrutch

Why can't we just have a Pressley sticky !!

That would save a lot of time and hassle. Keep it all in the one place..

Good plan ? :)

Only a Game
I would suggest that it retreads the same old story that comes up all the time.

Time and again threads are polluted by Pressley debate (to be fair, I have put my fair share in) and went way off topic.

I would suggest the mods did the right thing in this instance. Means that those that want to debate Pressley and his decisions and his current situation can do.

Is it really that big a deal though?

Not a huge deal, but to follow through on the action, shouldnt the head troller have been prevented from posting further on the other RN threads. Not a huge deal as you say, mainly because the head troller has a credibility rating of zero anyway.

Why can't we just have a Pressley sticky !!

That would save a lot of time and hassle. Keep it all in the one place..

Good plan ? :)

I don't think that is a bad idea btw.

At least then there would be the chance that certain posters (me included) would not feel the need to add their view (which is the same as the last thread) everytime it is mentioned.

BTW, it was Pressley's own fault he left the club. ;)

Guest Dipped Flake

Pressley showed his commitment to his old club and Robbie in particular by rushing away from weegie land so he could turn up and support his old teammate. Hopefully it will not be too long before he is back here in an official capacity and if that persuades some posters on here never to come back, it will not be a day too soon.

Carl Weathers
Just back from the most stressfree and enjoyable day at Tynie for a long time.

Very nice crowd in and the applause and cheers for Elvis were the loudest of the day.

Wonderful to see real Hearts players like Robbo, Tam, Stephane, Slim, Rousset etc. I must admit I was surprised and almost a bit misty eyed when Gary Mac came on. He still moves around the same as I remember him. A real link with '86. Robbo, God bless him, I will always idolise him, but my wee daughter kept asking who that "wee fat guy " was!!

Come home and see Therapist starting his usual hate-filled rubbish.

Well you are in the tiny, malignant minority. Pressley is great, and will always be great and was cheered to the rafters today, his every move.

Now , I am going to watch the DVD I made of today with my cam-corder and will also cheer every time I see the greatest Hearts captain since Dave McKay appear.

Steven Pressley - A true Legend in the history of Heart of Midlothian FC.

Credit where it's due FWJ - good post!

:)

Not a huge deal, but to follow through on the action, shouldnt the head troller have been prevented from posting further on the other RN threads. Not a huge deal as you say, mainly because the head troller has a credibility rating of zero anyway.

I do see what you are saying, and commented earlier on this thread about my personal opinion on certain posters.

Break the rules and get infracted (I have been suspended in the past as well, pre infraction days mind) if they break the rules they will get infracted, if they lead you or I into breaking the rules, we get infracted. If nobody replies to their posts or threads, will they continue to be posted?

So..............All the Hearts fans who attended today and cheered Pressley to the rafters are actually in the minority because all the other Hearts fans who didnt attend, didnt do so because they hate Pressley ?

Is that your position ?

Yes. Thanks for summing it up so precisely.

Boab Mugabe

I find it odd that a lot of the ones wanting that fhud to return are the same ones wanting a return for Irvine Jambo - both led the gullible a merry dance, ripped the urine out of them and still have them in their back pockets!

I did not attend today because of the chest thumper. :mad:

Pressley showed his commitment to his old club and Robbie in particular by rushing away from weegie land so he could turn up and support his old teammate. Hopefully it will not be too long before he is back here in an official capacity and if that persuades some posters on here never to come back, it will not be a day too soon.

Spot on DF, spot on.

Sheriff Fatman
Did Prhessley slither on to the pitch?

No but the incredibly small number of brain dead egits that booed him definitely slithered back to their seats when they heard the vast majority of supporters who gave him a standing ovation when he came on.

No but the incredibly small number of brain dead egits that booed him definitely slithered back to their seats when they heard the vast majority of supporters who gave him a standing ovation when he came on.

So good to hear.

ArmiyaRomanova

Congratulations Therapist - on a celebratory day for HMFC, you've ably demonstrated that your petty hatred for a single individual completely outweighs your 'love' of the club.

What's worse, you're obviously pleased with yourself.

Virtually every Hearts fan likes Robbie. They may not rate him as a player, but they respect his commitment and attitude. Therefore, they are all prime candidates to attend his testimonial.

Then Prhessley gatecrashes the party. Me and the 20 other lads I go to the game with decide it's a shame for Robbie, but we have principles and will not attend anything where Prhessley is wearing the famous maroon.

It's blindingly obvious that the 10,000 empty seats today were vacant because the vast majority of Hearts fans feel exactly the same way as me and the lads. Fact.

it's blindingly obvious that your a liability to hearts and most of us will hope you stay away, in fact let's hope elvis comes back to hearts in a coaching capacity so we never see you or your like again at tynecastle.

The Old Tolbooth

I'm sure the other thread was closed with a yawn, some folk just love to troll!

Sheriff Fatman
Me and the 20 other lads I go to the game with decide it's a shame for Robbie, but we have principles and will not attend anything where Prhessley is wearing the famous maroon.

Any chance of you and your 20 primary school level bumchums not coming back and letting people get on with supporting people who have done more for our club than you could do if you lived to the same age as Methuselah.

Nucky Thompson

It's like groundhog day:cool: I was involved in a big debate on Friday and I canny be arsed getting involved again:rolleyes:

davemclaren
Berra's not a very good captain. However anybody who is captain material has been booted out by the Romanovs.

Ain't that the truth.... :sad:

Well I'm certainly glad to see that nearly 10,000 - a comfortable majority - of our average home attendance are principled individuals with good values and didn't want to go and see the creepy little weasel that is Phressley.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
Well I'm certainly glad to see that nearly 10,000 - a comfortable majority - of our average home attendance are principled individuals with good values and didn't want to go and see the creepy little weasel that is Phressley.

:rolleyes:

Somebody beat you to it.

I was raging wth him on that chest thumping day. But since then I have had the chance to look at the bigger picture. So today I gave a Hearts legend the standing ovation he deserved.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
If you've got the means, would you be willing to make a copy of the DVD? More than willing to pay costs etc., just disappointed I wasn't able to make the game.

I have about 12-15 minutes and there is a sequence of my knee when I rested the camera and forgot to press the record button off!! Spielberg I am not!!

Also a bit shaky. If someone would send me the instructions I could get it onto Youtube.

Charlie-Brown

The mods should just create one big merged Pressley thread & 'sticky' it for eternity then a'body can argue on that till the cows come home......

JennyJambo
It's blindingly obvious that the 10,000 empty seats today were vacant because the vast majority of Hearts fans feel exactly the same way as me and the lads. Fact.

Given the club had no intention of ever opening the Roseburn or the Gorgie today making the maximum capacity for the game 11,093...the only thing blindingly obvious is that your "fact" is in fact b*llocks. :P

Dirk Diggler
Given the club had no intention of ever opening the Roseburn or the Gorgie today making the maximum capacity for the game 11,093...the only thing blindingly obvious is that your "fact" is in fact b*llocks. :P

The club had 'no intention' or there simply wasn't the demand?

davemclaren
The club had 'no intention' or there simply wasn't the demand?

Scott Wilson did say that the crowd was bigger than expected but I would imagine that's all part of the pro-Pressley agenda. :)

PresidentRomanov

Allowing Prhessley to participate in his game, has cost Robbie something in the region of ?80,000 - hope he feels it was worth it :sad:

:rolleyes:

Somebody beat you to it.

Did you not say several pages ago that you found this thread boring?

Bit weird that you're still here. These Phressley timpathisers really aren't logical at all.

Couldn't agree more. Great to see him taking charge at the back today and he plays better in maroon than any colour. Hope he comes back to Tynie in some capacity.

The sooner the better.

Glad to hear he was given a standing ovation today.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
Allowing Prhessley to participate in his game, has cost Robbie something in the region of ?80,000 - hope he feels it was worth it :sad:

:):):)

The truly funny thing is you actually believe that.

Ryan Gosling
Did you not say several pages ago that you found this thread boring?

Bit weird that you're still here. These Phressley timpathisers really aren't logical at all.

Bhednar was there :mad:

Der Hun supporters make me laugh. :)

Nice to see the usual suspects bleating on with their unfounded sectarian implications.

Is it in Les Mis?rables that the revolutionaries all have to wear a certain flower during the battle so that they know who they're fighting against? I think that us so-called bigots should do something similar, just to be sure to stick together.

I suggest Chelsea avatars. :)

There you go, bet that's the first time that someone's ever namechecked a famous work of literature by Victor Hugo in a Phressley (the creepy wheasel) thread. Can I still be a knuckledragger, pleez pleez pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeez?

Did Prhessley slither on to the pitch?

I though you were out with your biking 'mates' and your 'wife' for the Chelsea game Terapist? Don't tell me it was another lonely day in front of the computer on your sweeney tod?:eek:

Pressley was greeted with thunderous applause by 99% of the crowd today, as befits our last cup winning captain and a man who served the club so well for so long....amazing how some pathetic low lifes can't see past one mis-guided incident......

I never went today but it wasn't because of Pressley's attendance.

I was just really hungover.

PresidentRomanov
:):):)

The truly funny thing is you actually believe that.

Do you think that's as funny as thinking Hearts never used to lose to falkirk :107years:

It's a fact anyway.

Archived