The Stephen Pressley Thread ( merged )

Therapist

How come T(h)erapist and co aren't up in arms about Paul Ritchie? It's not because he joined Rangers when he left is it?:rolleyes:

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How come T(h)erapist and co aren't up in arms about Paul Ritchie? It's not because he joined Rangers when he left is it?:rolleyes:

Might be because it was much, much longer ago.

Guest S.U.S.S.
My professionalism over-rides petty indifferences. When you know what team is in ur heart and soul....you can afford to be more mature when it comes to affairs of the wallet and CV!

ANother Quote from you

"I'll be a Celtic fan as long as they are paying me to be a Celtic fan"

Pressley was only an employee, you were supposed to be a supporter.

I find it sad that so many feel the need to deride those with a differing opinion to theirs as being "ar**holes", "bigots", etc. :sad:

and even Phressley-lovers or Jambhoy's. ;)

ANother Quote from you

"I'll be a Celtic fan as long as they are paying me to be a Celtic fan"

Pressley was only an employee, you were supposed to be a supporter.

Could anyone tell me the story behind this? :unsure:

and even Phressley-lovers or Jambhoy's. ;)

Don't see much wrong with calling them Phressley-lovers, that's what they are. As for "Jambhoys", I've only said that to people who have accused anyone with anything negative to say about Celtic of being bigots - which is quite strange behaviour.

boabyarsebiscuit
Mike Galloway will be getting a mention soon!

And Andy Lynch and Willie Wallace.

John Findlay
And Andy Lynch and Willie Wallace.

Not forgetting Roy Kay, and Tosh McKinlay.

John

boabyarsebiscuit
Not forgetting Roy Kay, and Tosh McKinlay.

John

Roy Kay came from Celtic to us. And didn't 70s cult-hero Bobby Prentice also start out at ra sellick?

Guest Dipped Flake
Pathetic attempt to troll for a reaction.

Blah blah right wing blah, morons, blah.

give it a rest for gods sake.

As I said in my post, I was asking our fans to ignore these morons so bye bye

John Findlay
Roy Kay came from Celtic to us. And didn't 70s cult-hero Bobby Prentice also start out at ra sellick?

BP did and I think you will find RK went back to Celtic.

John

Don't see much wrong with calling them Phressley-lovers, that's what they are. As for "Jambhoys", I've only said that to people who have accused anyone with anything negative to say about Celtic of being bigots - which is quite strange behaviour.

I find it sad that anyone on here feels the need to deride anybody for having a differing opinion to theirs, regardless of which side of the Pressley/OF fence they sit on. :sad:

:cheese:

Never say never especially with a unpredictable nutjob like Romanov in charge, after all he begged Burley to come back. Also, Pressley ain't going to be playing for Celtic next season so will be looking for employment as his role with Scotland is only part time. An experienced manager (if we were to get one) might think he is exactly what's needed in and around the Riccarton dressing rooms.

Odd

That is exactly the story I heard too.

And perhaps sooner than we expect (allegedly, if the rumour is accurate).

Guest S.U.S.S.
Could anyone tell me the story behind this? :unsure:

I'll leave it to BhigBhryanTheJhambo to fill you in.

Guest S.U.S.S.
As I said in my post, I was asking our fans to ignore these morons so bye bye

Thats right, im the moron, and you quoted me rather than ignored me.

Doh!

Bright as a blackout.

I find it sad that anyone on here feels the need to deride anybody for having a differing opinion to theirs, regardless of which side of the Pressley/OF fence they sit on. :sad:

:cheese:

I think that there's a whole world of difference between two people having differing opinions and one person accusing another of being a bigot because his / her opinion doesn't match his / her own. It's quite, well, bigoted.

Maybe you disagree. That'd be fair enough, you're entitled to your opinion. :)

Guest S.U.S.S.
I think that there's a whole world of difference between two people having differing opinions and one person accusing another of being a bigot because his / her opinion doesn't match his / her own. It's quite, well, bigoted.

Maybe you disagree. That'd be fair enough, you're entitled to your opinion. :)

Dont you understand, its not possible to simply dislike Pressley due to his actions that day, you must be a bigot not to kiss the ground Pressley walks on. Failing to do so makes you a bigot according to some. :-)

Dont you understand, its not possible to simply dislike Pressley due to his actions that day, you must be a bigot not to kiss the ground Pressley walks on. Failing to do so makes you a bigot according to some. :-)

I sometimes struggle to keep up with Kickback. Do we have to love Andy Webster too, or is it just Celtic players?

Dr. Bapswent

We should have an confidential poll where posters get to vote who they think the biggots are...

See who comes out the other side, could be interesting to see as some of the same names are always present on these threads/debates.

Would be interesting to get list of the chief suspects for reference.

Guest JamboRobbo

It's quite simple mate. Many of those on here who express their displeasure at Pressley, are the very same people who are constantly expressing their support for all things Rangers, English or British or "Queen and Country", whilst expressing their disgust and hatred for all things Celtic and Irish. Many of those on here who express their displeasure at Pressley, also express their feelings that there is nothing wrong with singing Hello Hello, and other such Rangers songs.

It's a shame that those who are unhappy at Pressley purely for football reasons get tarred with the same brush as those who would appear to have other motivations behind their views, but if you have a problem with it, you should really take it up with those posters who are giving the genuine Pressley Haters a bad name i.e. those that post all that other stuff resulting in the association between "I hate pressley" and bigottry.

Taking it up with people who read the posts and make the obvious association is misdirected anger IMO.

Guest S.U.S.S.
I sometimes struggle to keep up with Kickback. Do we have to love Andy Webster too, or is it just Celtic players?

Im sure the JamBhoys will keep you up to date with whats allowed and whats not.

The Real Maroonblood
Good post. It is great to see the right wing bigots huffing and puffing on here but please can I ask all 'normal' Hearts fans to try their best to just ignore them. They are all dinosaurs, still living in the 17th century and hopefully soon they will go the same way. Yesterday was a great day, thousands of fans having a great day out, supporting our current and past players. Thank God these other morons stayed away so we could all enjoy our day out.

N.B. This is in no way directed at those who stayed away for any other reason than one of our returning heroes now plays for celtic

Good post.

:)

Guest S.U.S.S.
We should have an confidential poll where posters get to vote who they think the biggots are...

See who comes out the other side, could be interesting to see as some of the same names are always present on these threads/debates.

Would be interesting to get list of the chief suspects for reference.

Why make it confidential?

Would people post their proof or show the posts that lead them to that belief?

Perhaps we should also have polls on who seems to try to **** stir every day or one to see who seems to scream bigot whenever someone disagrees with them?

Guest S.U.S.S.
It's quite simple mate. Many of those on here who express their displeasure at Pressley, are the very same people who are constantly expressing their support for all things Rangers, English or British or "Queen and Country", whilst expressing their disgust and hatred for all things Celtic and Irish. Many of those on here who express their displeasure at Pressley, also express their feelings that there is nothing wrong with singing Hello Hello, and other such Rangers songs.

It's a shame that those who are unhappy at Pressley purely for football reasons get tarred with the same brush as those who would appear to have other motivations behind their views, but if you have a problem with it, you should really take it up with those posters who are giving the genuine Pressley Haters a bad name i.e. those that post all that other stuff resulting in the association between "I hate pressley" and bigottry.

Taking it up with people who read the posts and make the obvious association is misdirected anger IMO.

JR we both know some are using these threads to further their petty agenda of hatred for some posters.

Half the posts on here are simply an attempt to get a reaction from the other side!

The op has been lost in it all, the point scoring on here is beyond funny now.

IMO this thread has run its course and has moved off topic and become another personal digfest.

Sadly some cant accept some have a differing point of view for non sectarian reasons.

Dr. Bapswent
Why make it confidential?

Would people post their proof or show the posts that lead them to that belief?

Perhaps we should also have polls on who seems to try to **** stir every day or one to see who seems to scream bigot whenever someone disagrees with them?

Fair point.

Just might be easier for some who for whatever reason might not want to publically say what they think.

But I take your point.

Guest JamboRobbo

Sadly some cant accept some have a differing point of view for non sectarian reasons.

As I said above, it's a shame that people like yourself get tarred with the same brush as those who do have issues with Pressley which appear to be for biggoted reasons.

If this really bothers you, you should take it up with those who cause and encourage that association - members like Pherapist and PhickyBum.

Dr. Bapswent
As I said above, it's a shame that people like yourself get tarred with the same brush as those who do have issues with Pressley which appear to be for biggoted reasons.

If this really bothers you, you should take it up with those who cause and encourage that association - members like Pherapist and PickyBum.

Very good :)

I would have went with Theraphist though, think it works a bit better.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Fair point.

Just might be easier for some who for whatever reason might not want to publically say what they think.

But I take your point.

Dont get me wrong, not saying its a bad idea, just think if someone is willing to make the accusation, they should make it in public.

Chad Sexington
Dont get me wrong, not saying its a bad idea, just think if someone is willing to make the accusation, they should make it in public.

Corrct.

If someone is too cowardly to put their name next to an allegation they should step away from the keyboard.

Boab Mugabe

Sadly we live in a country where it is essentially a crime to not be 'Celtic minded'. I find a good portion of the Hearts support reflective of this. :sad:

Dr. Bapswent

Again, I can see your argument.

But id imagine that would cause a lot more grief for many.

Any poll would just be for interest really, not holding any conclusive results, just would be interesting to see the concensus on the board.

Would also possibly be wake up for many who dont realise they come across in a certain way as well.

Sadly we live in a country where it is essentially a crime to not be 'Celtic minded'. I find a good portion of the Hearts support reflective of this. :sad:

Have to disagree, I think the vast majority of Hearts fan dislike Celtic greatly, I cannot stand them for all sorts of reasons

Started reading this thread yesterday, got bored, thought I'd have a glance today. For the record, I'm on the Pressley is a hero, legend, hope he comes back, love him, cherish him and would like to kiss his bum, side of the argument.

Just so's you know.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Again, I can see your argument.

But id imagine that would cause a lot more grief for many.

Any poll would just be for interest really, not holding any conclusive results, just would be interesting to see the concensus on the board.

Would also possibly be wake up for many who dont realise they come across in a certain way as well.

Grief, oh yes!

Also, it could be used as a badge of honour by some should they top the list!

The People's Chimp
I believe he was suspended by the club in late November 2006 and held talks with Charlton in late December. He signed for Celtic just before the new year so your few days theory is blown out the water.

He knew in september that VR was up to something. I suppose he had nothing to lose in giving that press conference, because in reality, VR wanted him out anyway.

Dr. Bapswent
Grief, oh yes!

Also, it could be used as a badge of honour by some should they top the list!

Yep for some it would be a moral victory i guess.

Ah well, I guess well never know.

Those who are, and those who are wannabes will be able to keep their innocent facade. Itll just have to be a case of putting the pieces to gether from the frequent threads on this topic and seeing what/who regularly rises to the top.

bigbryanthejambo

For anyone who wonders what SUSS's intelligent and open minded comments are referring to. I'm an actor and have landed a role in the new Tony Roper play. It happens to be called Celts in Seville and is on in the Weedg.

Never made any bones about how difficult it's going to be to play a 'Tic fan but SUSS seems to think I'll take great pleasure in it. I can assure you ther will be a Hearts t-shirt on underneath every night. The top will never touch my skin.

Guest Dipped Flake

As one of the strong supporters of Pressley here and also one of the ones very much against the bigots I suppose I should state for the record that I hate celtic and rangers, they are 2 sides of the same bigotted coin. I would imagine that the vast majority of our support are like this (not done a poll!!) as are the vast majority of all other non-of fans. I hate celtic for their plastic-irish garbage, their fans ira crap and wgs for coming over on tv as a smartass (although when I met him he was a gent). I hate rangers for their pro-english crap, their rule brittania and gangbusters, their anti-catholic stance at all levels of the club. I probably hate rangers just a bit more than celtic as I detest being labelled a mini-hun by other fans and absolutely loathe the rangers fans treating me as some sort of brother in arms.

I have no problem at all with fans that dislike Pressley because of his chest thumping on his return to Tynecastle (in fact my brother still wants his legend poster taken down). I prefer to remember the pride I had the day he held aloft the Scottish cup and the whole-hearted way he played for our club each and every time he put on the maroon strip.

Nucky Thompson

Never made any bones about how difficult it's going to be to play a 'Tic fan

All you'll need to do is dress like a tramp, not have a wash for a fortnight and have a couple of bottles of buckfast handy:cool:

Chip Douglas

This whole thread is an absolute joke; Hearts fans associating other Hearts fans with opposing sides of the Old Firm Divide.

If you're anti-Celtic, you're obviously pro-Rangers and vice versa...blah blah ad infinitum.

Since when did those bastions of festering hatred ever become the yardstick for anything?

GROW UP!

bigbryanthejambo
All you'll need to do is dress like a tramp, not have a wash for a fortnight and have a couple of bottles of buckfast handy:cool:

Haha. Nice one chief. Will bare that in mind when rehearsals start! haha!

bobsajambo1
Haha. Nice one chief. Will bare that in mind when rehearsals start! haha!

Mods, let's close this thread ?

As one of the strong supporters of Pressley here and also one of the ones very much against the bigots I suppose I should state for the record that I hate celtic and rangers, they are 2 sides of the same bigotted coin. I would imagine that the vast majority of our support are like this (not done a poll!!) as are the vast majority of all other non-of fans. I hate celtic for their plastic-irish garbage, their fans ira crap and wgs for coming over on tv as a smartass (although when I met him he was a gent). I hate rangers for their pro-english crap, their rule brittania and gangbusters, their anti-catholic stance at all levels of the club. I probably hate rangers just a bit more than celtic as I detest being labelled a mini-hun by other fans and absolutely loathe the rangers fans treating me as some sort of brother in arms.

I have no problem at all with fans that dislike Pressley because of his chest thumping on his return to Tynecastle (in fact my brother still wants his legend poster taken down). I prefer to remember the pride I had the day he held aloft the Scottish cup and the whole-hearted way he played for our club each and every time he put on the maroon strip.

:clap: Here endeth the lesson.

Goldstone Wonder

Complete nonsense. The bottom line is that the thread-starter and his colleagues on the mini-hun wing of the Hearts support hate Pressley because he plays for Celtic and for no other reason. If he had signed for Rangers they wouldn't have any problem with him at all. If him coming back to Hearts means we are rid of people like this following Hearts I would say that would be a positive development, but as someone else pointed out, I doubt that would happen.

For the record, I am not in the slightest bit Celtic or Rangers-minded. I strongly dislike both clubs. I just wish some people should be straight about why they hate Pressley.

bigbryanthejambo
Mods, let's close this thread ?

23 posts....my my my....you have a lot of clout for getting threads closed dnt yoo?

For anyone who wonders what SUSS's intelligent and open minded comments are referring to. I'm an actor and have landed a role in the new Tony Roper play. It happens to be called Celts in Seville and is on in the Weedg.

Never made any bones about how difficult it's going to be to play a 'Tic fan but SUSS seems to think I'll take great pleasure in it. I can assure you ther will be a Hearts t-shirt on underneath every night. The top will never touch my skin.

Oh right...well that's the best excuse I've ever heard for wearing another team's colours! Congratulations bryan, sounds like an interesting role...hehe.

You know what they say, you have to suffer for your art. ;)

Nucky Thompson
This whole thread is an absolute joke; Hearts fans associating other Hearts fans with opposing sides of the Old Firm Divide.

If you're anti-Celtic, you're obviously pro-Rangers and vice versa...blah blah ad infinitum.

Since when did those bastions of festering hatred ever become the yardstick for anything?

GROW UP!

I'm anti-Celtic because of all the sh*t that happened during the '80's. I'm certainly not pro-Rangers, I wouldn't say I hated them but they really get on my tits:cool:

Archived