The Stephen Pressley Thread ( merged )

Therapist

Denny Crane
1. If you're so anti Elvis, why do you go on about him so much and so often? Seriously, it's like you have some schoolgirl crush on him and are always trying to hide it by denials.

2. You say "It's blindingly obvious that the 10,000 empty seats today were vacant because the vast majority of Hearts fans feel exactly the same way as me and the lads. Fact." and then you say "It accounts for at least 9,000 though.". Are you back-tracking here a wee bit?

I totally agree with Freewheelin' Jambo - Elvis was the best captain we have had since Dave Mackay. Incidentally, Dave Mackay was on his way back to be Hearts assistant manager when he was persuaded to sign for Brian Clough's Derby County. Now, are you about to talk of Dave Mackay as deserting Hearts when they needed him, what a turncoat etc etc?

Hurrah for Hearts and hurrah for Stephen Pressley.

To be fair to Dave McKay, that Clough chap could be very persuasive.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:):):)

The truly funny thing is you actually believe that.

Therapist says he has 20 mates (aye right) who never went - ?160

Pickyerse never went - ?8

So that's ?168

Hmmmmmm, so just another ?79,832 then !!

Nice to see the usual suspects bleating on with their unfounded sectarian implications.

Is it in Les Mis?rables that the revolutionaries all have to wear a certain flower during the battle so that they know who they're fighting against? I think that us so-called bigots should do something similar, just to be sure to stick together.

I suggest Chelsea avatars. :)

There you go, bet that's the first time that someone's ever namechecked a famous work of literature by Victor Hugo in a Phressley (the creepy wheasel) thread. Can I still be a knuckledragger, pleez pleez pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeez?

Do you support Der Hun? If not (and from previous posts, I don't think you do), there's no reason to be so defensive.

I simply made a statement. Der Hun supporters make me laugh. And they do!

Besides, I preferred Zola for Chelsea. Or France. ;)

MackaysCentreSpot

Great to see Steven Pressley getting a standing ovation at the game today when he took to the field.

A legend indeed and would love to see him back in some campacity soon.

I though you were out with your biking 'mates' and your 'wife' for the Chelsea game Terapist? Don't tell me it was another lonely day in front of the computer on your sweeney tod?:eek:

I was over at ERS as stated. Got back about 12:15. I didn't say I was going out for the Chelsea FC game. Why would I when I have a 50" Pioneer plasma display, a lovely wife, and a shed load of high quality drink? :confused:

If you're going to stalk me, at least get your facts right. Thanks for your future cooperation. :)

I was over at ERS as stated. Got back about 12:15. I didn't say I was going out for the Chelsea FC game. Why would I when I have a 50" Pioneer plasma display, a lovely wife, and a shed load of high quality drink? :confused:

If you're going to stalk me, at least get your facts right. Thanks for your future cooperation. :)

Sure you do.......;)

Do you support Der Hun? If not (and from previous posts, I don't think you do), there's no reason to be so defensive.

I simply made a statement. Der Hun supporters make me laugh. And they do!

Besides, I preferred Zola for Chelsea. Or France. ;)

Okay, fair enough.

I enjoy my toast done lightly, with just margarine on it.

:confused:

Thanks.

Proves my point that the vast majority of Hearts fans hate Prhessley.

Mod edit

JennyJambo
The club had 'no intention' or there simply wasn't the demand?

As far as I was told by the Hearts employee who told me "no intention" is accurate.

The decision being partly based on historical attendances for testimonial games apparently.

Ryan Gosling
Okay, fair enough.

I enjoy my toast done lightly, with just margarine on it.

:confused:

BHEDNAR :mad::mad::mad::mad:

And it's Prhessley btw. :P

You realy are a charming chap and so modest as well!!

No need for that. Argue the point if you must, but don't resort to personal abuse and name calling. It's not big or clever.

BHEDNAR :mad::mad::mad::mad:

And it's Prhessley btw. :P

Did Bednar score today? I'm surprised that Kickback hasn't let everyone know exactly what he said at all times, what colour of underwear he was wearing, etc. Surprised and disappointed. :sad:

I prefer Phressley. :biggrin:

Ryan Gosling
Did Bednar score today? I'm surprised that Kickback hasn't let everyone know exactly what he said at all times, what colour of underwear he was wearing, etc. Surprised and disappointed. :sad:

I prefer Phressley. :biggrin:

He said Hearts fans were better than West Brom fans, that his favourite moment was scoring against Celtic and he thanked Neil Lennon. He had short hair, a replica top on, with light blue jeans (perhaps out of Cargo?) and white trainers on. He spoke with an accent.

so modest as well!!

My chums will tell you I'm very modest. I don't like bragging, but there's no need for people to question my intelligence or the job that I do.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
Therapist says he has 20 mates (aye right) who never went - ?160

Pickyerse never went - ?8

So that's ?168

Hmmmmmm, so just another ?79,832 then !!

Therapist has 20 friends?

Now this thread has truly degenerated into hearsay and speculation...:)

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
Do you think that's as funny as thinking Hearts never used to lose to falkirk :107years:

It's a fact anyway.

I bet that was Pressley's fault we lost them also.

Therapist has 20 friends?

Now this thread has truly degenerated into hearsay and speculation...:)

Not bad ;)

• Moderators

If you want to discuss the merits of Pressley playing or not playing at today's game that is fine - if there is anything left to say. However, please stay on topic and don't get personal.

Thanks

Mod3

Sheriff Fatman
No need for that. Argue the point if you must, but don't resort to personal abuse and name calling. It's not big or clever.

Says the man who's every second post involves name calling and abuse about a guy who has done more for the club than he and his ilk could ever do.

Mods, why was a post of mine removed for saying he had a right hand and a post calling him an arsehole was left?????????????????????

Sheriff Fatman
If you want to discuss the merits of Pressley playing or not playing at today's game that is fine - if there is anything left to say. However, please stay on topic and don't get personal.

Thanks

Mod3

Not to be argumentative, but you and the other mods seem quite happy for anybody to be abusive about Pressley, but when anybody calls them out for it you suddenly get all judgemental.

Dirk Diggler
As far as I was told by the Hearts employee who told me "no intention" is accurate.

The decision being partly based on historical attendances for testimonial games apparently.

Ok, So 'no intention' because the club knew the demand was never going to be there.

Let's be honest, If the demand was there, They would have opened up the other stands making your response to 'Therapist' kinda redundant, No?

:)

• Moderators
Not to be argumentative, but you and the other mods seem quite happy for anybody to be abusive about Pressley, but when anybody calls them out for it you suddenly get all judgemental.

We're quite happy for people to be very complimentary about Pressley as well. What we won't tolerate is personal abuse by members of each other.

Great to see the legend that is Steven Pressley back at Tynecastle today. He looked a bit rusty though, not surprising as Celtic have left him out of the team most the season. Would take him back as player coach next season as long as we get a decent manager in with him.

My chums will tell you I'm very modest. I don't like bragging, but there's no need for people to question my intelligence or the job that I do.

You do sound like you are extremely modest and such a well rounded character as well!!

p.s. I don't care what job you do but I think everyone here has an idea of your intelligence!!!

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Thanks

Mod3

The guy who started this thread knows what he is doing.

Most people still bite and naturally suspensions/warnings follow. It can start with humor, but usually degenerates into bloody nastiness.

Why tolerate this type of poster who brings NOTHING to JKB but bile and hatred?

The thing is that suggesting Prhessley may be a rat, a weasel, a reptile or a Judas is not name calling as such. People such as myself - who are disgusted by his behaviour - use it as a metaphor for what we believe to be his character traits. Also, he's not a member on here so it doesn't infringe the rule about abusing other posters.

• Moderators
The guy who started this thread knows what he is doing.

Most people still bite and naturally suspensions/warnings follow. It can start with humor, but usually degenerates into bloody nastiness.

Why tolerate this type of poster who brings NOTHING to JKB but bile and hatred?

If you believe that a post is inappropriate or breaches one of the rules then there is a report function.

Ryan Gosling
The thing is that suggesting Prhessley may be a rat, a weasel, a reptile or a Judas is not name calling as such. People such as myself - who are disgusted by his behaviour - use it as a metaphor for what we believe to be his character traits. Also, he's not a member on here so it doesn't infringe the rule about abusing other posters.

That you know of.

Sheriff Fatman
We're quite happy for people to be very complimentary about Pressley as well. What we won't tolerate is personal abuse by members of each other.

So it's ok to be personal and abusive about one of the greatest servants our club has ever had, but it's not ok to be the same about a guy who happens to have payed ?5 and registered to a message board? Skewed priorities if you ask me.

Frail should have taken Berra off and told him to watch Pressley. A masterclass in being a captain.

Like kissing the badge of one of the Ugly Sisters. Grow up. I think Berra is a Jambo - Pressley never was and never will be.

So it's ok to be personal and abusive about one of the greatest servants our club has ever had,

:rolleyes:

It's an opinion about his behaviour, not abuse.

Anyway, I'm off now. Goodnight. :)

• Moderators
So it's ok to be personal and abusive about one of the greatest servants our club has ever had, but it's not ok to be the same about a guy who happens to have payed ?5 and registered to a message board? Skewed priorities if you ask me.

Abuse of Hearts, or ex-Hearts players is not against the rules. The mod team would be particularly busy every Saturday after 17:00 if it were. If you feel that the rules should be changed there is a suggestions forum.

Berra's not a very good captain. However anybody who is captain material has been booted out by the Romanovs.

You're right.

Berra has had a very good season, but as a player not as a captain.

The game today showed up 2 things

1) the class players that used to play for us are still better than our current mob at finding space, playing first time passes etc

2) the captain's who used to play for us such as Pressley and Locke made their team play better by demanding that their team play better. Sam Allardyce made a great point after the United game today that the likes of Giggs and Neville at Man United demand that their new players know what it is to be a United player and demand a level of performance. The Romanovs have weeded out almost all of those types of player. We need 2 or 3 Pressley type of players.

3) The old players played with a smile on their faces. We need some jokers in the dressing room. I am told that the likes of Ivaskevicius and Zaliukas were hiding from the fans as they emerged after the game yesterday. We need players like Gary Locke or Takis Fyssas or Jim Hamilton or Rudi Skacel to do daft things and lift the dressing room.

slashishere
Virtually every Hearts fan likes Robbie. They may not rate him as a player, but they respect his commitment and attitude. Therefore, they are all prime candidates to attend his testimonial.

Then Prhessley gatecrashes the party. Me and the 20 other lads I go to the game with decide it's a shame for Robbie, but we have principles and will not attend anything where Prhessley is wearing the famous maroon.

It's blindingly obvious that the 10,000 empty seats today were vacant because the vast majority of Hearts fans feel exactly the same way as me and the lads. Fact.

Very much fiction, FACT!

lawriejambo

Berra is ten times a man/captain than that mhanky imposter , utter disgrace even showing his face at TC today far less pulling on a Hearts strip..

Pressley GTF

Do The Dance
Like kissing the badge of one of the Ugly Sisters. Grow up. I think Berra is a Jambo - Pressley never was and never will be.

Celtic fan, I hear.

His behaviour? Last season, one game where he celebrated a goal. Woopydoo!

What a bitter life you live Therapist.

Guest JamboRobbo

They are wind up merchants. Don't bite it's not worth it. Ignore them, they'll get bored and go away to annoy someone else.

Sheriff Fatman
Abuse of Hearts, or ex-Hearts players is not against the rules. The mod team would be particularly busy every Saturday after 17:00 if it were. If you feel that the rules should be changed there is a suggestions forum.

There is a huge difference between the slating of players that happens after 17:00 on a Saturday and the constant ignorant and personal abuse that comes from some people about Pressley. Those people seem to have a free pass to be as idiotic and infantile as they like, but those that argue against them get censored.

MackaysCentreSpot

What a load of keek.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
If you believe that a post is inappropriate or breaches one of the rules then there is a report function.

The OP was deliberately started by a poster well known for causing strife on JKB in order to provoke a response. I have already privately paged a mod on my thoughts on this type of poster.

Flag debates are thankfully no longer allowed, sadly the mention of Steven Pressley provokes similar responses.

A sad indictment of the level of bigotry and hatred amongst so-called supporters of our club. I would like to ask how many of these "monarchist" and plainly anti catholic types have actually served their country in Her Majesties armed forces. Also, why do we tolerate such racist epitaphs as "Tims" etc? If similar remarks were made about people of African or Asian background, they would be rightly chastised.

Jambojohnnyboy

We've been here many times before, there are those who still respect Pressley and those that don't. That's understandable but it's been done to death.Let's move on.

Sheriff Fatman
They are wind up merchants. Don't bite it's not worth it. Ignore them, they'll get bored and go away to annoy someone else.

Oh if only that was true, they just keep coming back under new pseudonyms as if there were more of them than there actually is.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
:rolleyes:

It's an opinion about his behaviour, not abuse.

Anyway, I'm off now. Goodnight. :)

Job done.

Ryan Gosling
You're right.

Berra has had a very good season, but as a player not as a captain.

The game today showed up 2 things

1) the class players that used to play for us are still better than our current mob at finding space, playing first time passes etc

2) the captain's who used to play for us such as Pressley and Locke made their team play better by demanding that their team play better. Sam Allardyce made a great point after the United game today that the likes of Giggs and Neville at Man United demand that their new players know what it is to be a United player and demand a level of performance. The Romanovs have weeded out almost all of those types of player. We need 2 or 3 Pressley type of players.

3) The old players played with a smile on their faces. We need some jokers in the dressing room. I am told that the likes of Ivaskevicius and Zaliukas were hiding from the fans as they emerged after the game yesterday. We need players like Gary Locke or Takis Fyssas or Jim Hamilton or Rudi Skacel to do daft things and lift the dressing room.

Banks is about the only character in the team.

Guest JamboRobbo
Oh if only that was true, they just keep coming back under new pseudonyms as if there were more of them than there actually is.

A fair point. Just laugh at them then, thats what I do. It's the same folks every time - not worth letting them get to you. :food-smiley-004:

What a bitter life you live Therapist

maybe internet forums are his life....

Can anyone recall a testimonial match selling out Tynecastle?

The Wheatfield and Main stand were almost full. To suggest that 17,000 people would have attended had Pressley not been involved is ludicrous and has no historical precedent.

Archived