The Stephen Pressley Thread ( merged )

Therapist

Hans von Luck
As one of the strong supporters of Pressley here and also one of the ones very much against the bigots I suppose I should state for the record that I hate celtic and rangers, they are 2 sides of the same bigotted coin. I would imagine that the vast majority of our support are like this (not done a poll!!) as are the vast majority of all other non-of fans. I hate celtic for their plastic-irish garbage, their fans ira crap and wgs for coming over on tv as a smartass (although when I met him he was a gent). I hate rangers for their pro-english crap, their rule brittania and gangbusters, their anti-catholic stance at all levels of the club. I probably hate rangers just a bit more than celtic as I detest being labelled a mini-hun by other fans and absolutely loathe the rangers fans treating me as some sort of brother in arms.

I have no problem at all with fans that dislike Pressley because of his chest thumping on his return to Tynecastle (in fact my brother still wants his legend poster taken down). I prefer to remember the pride I had the day he held aloft the Scottish cup and the whole-hearted way he played for our club each and every time he put on the maroon strip.

How much of what you has said above I do agree with, the other mob from the East end of Weegievill are the worst.

Supporters of people who used to bomb our cities and try and kill British soldiers.

No better than Alkeida.

No contest.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bigbryanthejambo
Oh right...well that's the best excuse I've ever heard for wearing another team's colours! Congratulations bryan, sounds like an interesting role...hehe.

You know what they say, you have to suffer for your art. ;)

Haha! Nice one Red M cheers! Suffer for my art is definatley one way of putting it!! :)

Chip Douglas
I'm anti-Celtic because of all the sh*t that happened during the '80's. I'm certainly not pro-Rangers, I wouldn't say I hated them but they really get on my tits:cool:

It's not being "anti" these clubs that I have the issue with, it's the suggestion you're automatically pro one if you dislike the other.

I hate everything that both the OF stand for, equally.

Mods, let's close this thread ?

And have the debate simply shift onto/hijack another thread? It's current and topical, people will want to discuss it....I imagine that's why the mods separated the thread in the first place.

Closing it won't do any good.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
This whole thread is an absolute joke; Hearts fans associating other Hearts fans with opposing sides of the Old Firm Divide.

If you're anti-Celtic, you're obviously pro-Rangers and vice versa...blah blah ad infinitum.

Since when did those bastions of festering hatred ever become the yardstick for anything?

GROW UP!

Good post.

Guest Dipped Flake
How much of what you has said above I do agree with, the other mob from the East end of Weegievill are the worst.

Supporters of people who used to bomb our cities and try and kill British soldiers.

No better than Alkeida.

No contest.

No problem at all with that view. I am sure that there are many fans that would agree with you. One of my best mates was in the Paras and was there at Warrenpoint when they were blown up. He survived ok but saw many of his comrades die so I know the misery inflicted on people by these ****.

It's not being "anti" these clubs that I have the issue with, it's the suggestion you're automatically pro one if you dislike the other.

I hate everything that both the OF stand for, equally.

That's the way it should be, but it simply doesn't work that way on here.

If you make an anti-Sellick comment, your called a 'mini-hun' by some.

If you make an anti-Rangers comment, nothing is said. It's the norm.

It can't work both ways. If you can't say 'Tim', you can't say 'Hun' either. If you can't slag Sellick without being tarred something, you shouldn't be allowed to slag Rangers.

It's a shocking state of affairs when to slag one, you must slag the other without fear of being branded a bigot.

Steven Pressley has been offered a player/assistant manager job with Steven Frail as manager for next season. It is expected that Frail will be given until Christmas to prove his worth and if all is not well, Pressley will be given the opportunity to take the reigns. Romanov will not give full control to either Frail or Pressley in terms of the transfer market, but has promised them both full autonomy in squad selection.

Frail has told Romanov the players that he wants to keep and the next few weeks will lead to a large number of first team players leaving, including some of the Lithuanians and big name player Laryea Kingston. Expect a number of surprise signings including the return of Paul Hartley.

Steven Pressley has been offered a player/assistant manager job with Steven Frail as manager for next season. It is expected that Frail will be given until Christmas to prove his worth and if all is not well, Pressley will be given the opportunity to take the reigns. Romanov will not give full control to either Frail or Pressley in terms of the transfer market, but has promised them both full autonomy in squad selection.

Frail has told Romanov the players that he wants to keep and the next few weeks will lead to a large number of first team players leaving, including some of the Lithuanians and big name player Laryea Kingston. Expect a number of surprise signings including the return of Paul Hartley.

:4_1_72::4_1_72::4_1_72:

That scenario would show Phressley for exactly what he is.

He couldn't work under Romanov and hated the way things were going so he had to leave. Yet, he'd be more than happy to come back and manage under Romanov now?

The chest thumping was at Romanov and not at the fans. Yet again, he'd be quite happy to work under Romanov now he couldn't get a game for any team in the SPL.

If I had any respect left for Phressley it would be completely gone if he came back and worked under Romanov. It would go against everything he believed and stood for. Well, apparently.

That scenario would show Phressley for exactly what he is.

He couldn't work under Romanov and hated the way things were going so he had to leave. Yet, he'd be more than happy to come back and manage under Romanov now?

The chest thumping was at Romanov and not at the fans. Yet again, he'd be quite happy to work under Romanov now he couldn't get a game for any team in the SPL.

If I had any respect left for Phressley it would be completely gone if he came back and worked under Romanov. It would go against everything he believed and stood for. Well, apparently.

Cool another reason to hate Pressley. Do you always insult people you have respect for ?

Cool another reason to hate Pressley. Do you always insult people you have respect for ?

No respect for him, so no.

boabyarsebiscuit

There are a couple of people now making suggestions that Pressley is scheduled to return to the club in some type of coaching capacity. While football is a "never say never" type game, why exactly are people making these suggestions? I can't see it myself, so are we seeing a JKB wind-up thread in full flow or are there proper "in the know" posters suggesting this thing is going to happen?

Genuine question.

FWIW, if he was to return I'd be very surprised, but it is probably not beyond Romanov as some sort of publicity stunt to try and get some fans back onside and make the awful appointment of Stephen Frail as full time manager more palatable.

So, is this all a load of rubbish? Or are people hearing genuine whispers that this thing is going to happen?

Interesting to note that Jim Hamilton, who turned out yesterday for the cup legends, has never attracted any controversy despite the fact that he has indulged in fairly extravagant celebrations when scoring against us for more than one club.

Could this be because Celtic is not among his several post-Hearts clubs?

That could be one of the reasons. But the mini-hun Alf Garnett types aren't the only grouping which despises Pressley.

He's also hated by the fanatical pro-Romanov mob (admittedly now an endangered species) whose adherents were furious that anyone had dared to speak out against the way things were being done at the club and have since had to sit and fume as the picture Elvis painted of disharmony, unrest and low morale has been demonstrated to be spot on.

Jim Hamilton played for us in relatively innocent times.

Interesting to note that Jim Hamilton, who turned out yesterday for the cup legends, has never attracted any controversy despite the fact that he has indulged in fairly extravagant celebrations when scoring against us for more than one club.

Could this be because Celtic is not among his several post-Hearts clubs?

Might be because he's never styled himself as "Mr. Hearts".

Nucky Thompson

He's also hated by the fanatical pro-Romanov mob

:laugh::laugh: What a load of pish:p

Colonel Kurtz
That could be one of the reasons. But the mini-hun Alf Garnett types aren't the only grouping which despises Pressley.

He's also hated by the fanatical pro-Romanov mob (admittedly now an endangered species) whose adherents were furious that anyone had dared to speak out against the way things were being done at the club and have since had to sit and fume as the picture Elvis painted of disharmony, unrest and low morale has been demonstrated to be spot on.

Jim Hamilton played for us in relatively innocent times.

Alf was a decent bigot who supported West ham not some team from west ken,the baby bigot chaps on here who act like crass huns by boasting about their houses,jobs etc are just a joke.

Guest S.U.S.S.

Worst attempted troll for reaction ever.

Alf was a decent bigot who supported West ham not some team from west ken,the baby bigot chaps on here who act like crass huns by boasting about their houses,jobs etc are just a joke.

I'm sure if Alf had been upwardly mobile enough, he might have been tempted further west. But the rest of the cap is quite a close fit.

Snake Plissken

This, friends, has been a master class in trolling.

:laugh::laugh: What a load of pish:p

Quite right, "The" Boo. OK, I'll rephrase it. All the Vladflanges love Elvis.

Better?

Guest S.U.S.S.

I thought all bigots were chelsea fans?:confused:

troonjambo
Might be because he's never styled himself as "Mr. Hearts".

to be fair mate it was hearts who styled him as such for there commercial and marketing benefit and for a longtime he was indeed mr hearts it ended badly very badly but with hearts it usually does even before romanov came to gorgie

This, friends, has been a master class in trolling.

A sentiment that may well be shared by the moderators.

I think everyone's had a fair crack at the debate, and there is a danger that the "group insults" will escalate to the point where people are infracted and even suspended.

I don't want that to happen, so I think it's in everybody's best interests that this thread be closed. There is also a poll thread elsewhere that has been temporarily closed pending review.

Thanks.

Ulysses

Administrator

Archived