The Stephen Pressley Thread ( merged )

Therapist

IMA MAROON
He wasn't dumped. He held a press conference knowing fine well what the outcome would be. And within a few days he was signing for sellik.......

Exactly. The Presslie. :mad:

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drew Busby !
Virtually every Hearts fan likes Robbie. They may not rate him as a player, but they respect his commitment and attitude. Therefore, they are all prime candidates to attend his testimonial.

Then Prhessley gatecrashes the party. Me and the 20 other lads I go to the game with decide it's a shame for Robbie, but we have principles and will not attend anything where Prhessley is wearing the famous maroon.

It's blindingly obvious that the 10,000 empty seats today were vacant because the vast majority of Hearts fans feel exactly the same way as me and the lads. Fact.

Opinion, not fact.

Your stated reason for not attending does not account for 10,000 people who think the same way as you do.

There were a dozen other reasons not to attend that game today. Personally I don't feel any compulsion to give someone my hard earned cash who already outearns me by a factor of 5 or 10 or feck knows what.

Sad sad person for even starting this thread.

I didn't start it. The Mods separated it out from another thread. :rolleyes:

Clarkserino
He wasn't dumped. He held a press conference knowing fine well what the outcome would be. And within a few days he was signing for sellik.......

I believe he was suspended by the club in late November 2006 and held talks with Charlton in late December. He signed for Celtic just before the new year so your few days theory is blown out the water.

Your stated reason for not attending does not account for 10,000 people who think the same way as you do.

It accounts for at least 9,000 though.

I believe he was suspended by the club in late November 2006 and held talks with Charlton in late December. He signed for Celtic just before the new year so your few days theory is blown out the water.

He couldn't speak to anyone while he was suspended so it's your theory that's holed below the waterline.

Walter Bishop

Frail should have taken Berra off and told him to watch Pressley. A masterclass in being a captain.

I'm sure he'd be really scared of the likes of you and all the other *****.

Can you do me a favour and not use that term in future? It's not big or clever. Cheers.

Bet if he had signed for the Rankers and thumped his chest, we wouldn't hear a toot from our resident wannabe bigots.

It didn't matter what weegie side he signed for I was going to be disappointed.

I was unhappy at what he did when he came back (actually I was FUMING.....) but would have felt the same if it was Rankers.

He was a great captain for us and I will not let some stupidity after he left us to ruin my memories of him.

As for the attendance, hell its as many as McKay's and a few others that I managed to get to.

Very few Hearts teestimonials get that much in the way of crowds.

I admit I didn't make it today ( I never even made Robbo's) but it had sod all to do with Elvis coming back.

So don't lump me in with your not so hidden agendas.

PresidentRomanov
Can you do me a favour and not use that term in future? It's not big or clever. Cheers.

Showed himself up with that comment IMO :sad:

Typical Prhessley fhan :mad:

**** [ mung ] (plural *****)

noun Australia

Definition:

1. mongrel: a dog, especially a mongrel ( informal )

2. offensive term: an offensive term that deliberately insults somebody's intelligence ( slang )

If the cap fits.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Just back from the most stressfree and enjoyable day at Tynie for a long time.

Very nice crowd in and the applause and cheers for Elvis were the loudest of the day.

Wonderful to see real Hearts players like Robbo, Tam, Stephane, Slim, Rousset etc. I must admit I was surprised and almost a bit misty eyed when Gary Mac came on. He still moves around the same as I remember him. A real link with '86. Robbo, God bless him, I will always idolise him, but my wee daughter kept asking who that "wee fat guy " was!!

Come home and see Therapist starting his usual hate-filled rubbish.

Well you are in the tiny, malignant minority. Pressley is great, and will always be great and was cheered to the rafters today, his every move.

Now , I am going to watch the DVD I made of today with my cam-corder and will also cheer every time I see the greatest Hearts captain since Dave McKay appear.

Steven Pressley - A true Legend in the history of Heart of Midlothian FC.

Walter Bishop
:troll:

Says the closet ger!!!:confused::confused:

That boy Giggsy, hes won it 10 times............

rudi must stay

i no eh. No need for those types of words probably quite offensive to some.

**** [ mung ] (plural *****)

noun Australia

Definition:

1. mongrel: a dog, especially a mongrel ( informal )

2. offensive term: an offensive term that deliberately insults somebody's intelligence ( slang )

If the cap fits.

Everyone knows what you were getting at. Don't try to dig your way out.

IMA MAROON

Show support for Celtic players instead of our own. What is the world coming to.

PresidentRomanov
Everyone knows what you were getting at. Don't try to dig your way out.

He's showing the true sleekitness of a Prhessley fhan now :sad:

my cam-corder

I have a picture of you in my mind and it's cracking me up.

Very nice crowd in and the applause and cheers for Elvis were the loudest of the day.

Wonderful to see real Hearts players like Robbo, Tam, Stephane, Slim, Rousset etc. I must admit I was surprised and almost a bit misty eyed when Gary Mac came on. He still moves around the same as I remember him. A real link with '86. Robbo, God bless him, I will always idolise him, but my wee daughter kept asking who that "wee fat guy " was!!

Well you are in the tiny, malignant minority. Pressley is great, and will always be great and was cheered to the rafters today, his every move.

Now , I am going to watch the DVD I made of today with my cam-corder and will also cheer every time I see the greatest Hearts captain since Dave McKay appear.

Great to hear that mate. Bring back Elvis.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Just ignore them guys.

Chelsea lost the league, Pressley came back to Hearts and was given a good reception.

It's a good day!

Drylaw Hearts
Just ignore them guys.

Chelsea lost the league, Pressley came back to Hearts and was given a good reception.

It's a good day!

:)

Thanks for backing me up. As I pointed out, the only ones attending today were the minority who think Prhessley is not a rheptile.

Therapist is that you in your Avatar ?

Tom Heaney
Just ignore them guys.

It's a good day!

Dinnae be forgetting The Hibees lost also;) Tough game to call that one but its always nice when our friends in leith loose

Clarkserino
Show support for Celtic players instead of our own. What is the world coming to.

Well I also showed support for a guy who plays for Hertha Berlin, a guy who plays for Killie, a guy who plays for St Tiridians (sp), a guy who plays for St Mirren.......

It astonishes me how many fall into the trap, how many bite the bait, how many give certain posters their fun.

1. If you're so anti Elvis, why do you go on about him so much and so often? Seriously, it's like you have some schoolgirl crush on him and are always trying to hide it by denials.

2. You say "It's blindingly obvious that the 10,000 empty seats today were vacant because the vast majority of Hearts fans feel exactly the same way as me and the lads. Fact." and then you say "It accounts for at least 9,000 though.". Are you back-tracking here a wee bit?

I totally agree with Freewheelin' Jambo - Elvis was the best captain we have had since Dave Mackay. Incidentally, Dave Mackay was on his way back to be Hearts assistant manager when he was persuaded to sign for Brian Clough's Derby County. Now, are you about to talk of Dave Mackay as deserting Hearts when they needed him, what a turncoat etc etc?

Hurrah for Hearts and hurrah for Stephen Pressley.

He showed what it was like to be a captain when he came on. It was mainly a standing ovation. Personally I'd like to see him back at the club, even just for the reason to annoy some folk.

Was great seeing the old guys back again and the difference in footballing ability between the majority of them and our current lot, showed how good they are and how bad the current team is.

Today was how it should be, seeing talented players on the pitch with the crowd being entertained. In other words, the exact opposite to what it's been throughout the season.

siegementality

Do you know what that term means?.

Only a Game
Thanks.

Proves my point that the vast majority of Hearts fans hate Prhessley.

beat it troll.

Harsh.

Berra is learning his trade, and Pressley was far from captain material when he was being dumped by R@ng*rs at the same age.

WeeToonJambo
It accounts for at least 9,000 though.

You really are a very sad individual!!! I was as annoyed as anyone by the chest beating but he came back today as a guest of Robbie and was given the respect he deserved by all but a very small minority. He immediately tightened up the defence and showed what we have been missing for the past year. Why don't you take your warped and ignorant views to Ibrox where you, and your like, would be made welcome. It saddens me that such a pathetic, vile individual as you professes to support a proud club like Heart of Midlothian

He showed what it was like to be a captain when he came on. It was mainly a standing ovation. Personally I'd like to see him back at the club, even just for the reason to annoy some folk.

Was great seeing the old guys back again and the difference in footballing ability between the majority of them and our current lot, showed how good they are and how bad the current team is.

Today was how it should be, seeing talented players on the pitch with the crowd being entertained. In other words, the exact opposite to what it's been throughout the season.

Couldn't agree more. Great to see him taking charge at the back today and he plays better in maroon than any colour. Hope he comes back to Tynie in some capacity.

Nookie Bear

After the game yesterday, Berra sneaked out of the players' entrance with his head tucked into his training top and a few kids had to chase after him to get him to sign an autograph.

He couldn't wait to get away and did not say a word.

I refuse to accept that certain other recent captains would have tried to slither away without acknowledging the fans outside.

Unfortunately it just showed to me that he is not a captain, he should never have been made captain, and he should not be club captain next season.

Pete Seeger

Give me Berra over Elvis any day of the week. Have not and will not forgive Elvis for his behaviour the last time he was here.

You really are a very sad individual!!! I was as annoyed as anyone by the chest beating but he came back today as a guest of Robbie and was given the respect he deserved by all but a very small minority. He immediately tightened up the defence and showed what we have been missing for the past year. Why don't you take your warped and ignorant views to Ibrox where you, and your like, would be made welcome. It saddens me that such a pathetic, vile individual as you professes to support a proud club like Heart of Midlothian

:clap:

Only a Game
Thanks.

Proves my point that the vast majority of Hearts fans hate Prhessley.

So..............All the Hearts fans who attended today and cheered Pressley to the rafters are actually in the minority because all the other Hearts fans who didnt attend, didnt do so because they hate Pressley ?

Is that your position ?

What do you do for a living. I hope its something manual and that no one is relying on you for logic or analysis of any kind ?

Walter Payton

If you've got the means, would you be willing to make a copy of the DVD? More than willing to pay costs etc., just disappointed I wasn't able to make the game.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
So..............All the Hearts fans who attended today and cheered Pressley to the rafters are actually in the minority because all the other Hearts fans who didnt attend, didnt do so because they hate Pressley ?

Is that your position ?

What do you do for a living. I hope its something manual and that no one is relying on you for logic or analysis of any kind ?

He is certainly is an expert at the Manual side of things, I'd say;)

Pressley comes on and receives a raptorous reception from all but a handful of Hearts supporters in a 7000 crowd.

The Pressley haters are firmly in the minority. End of debate.

boabyarsebiscuit

Berra's not a very good captain. However anybody who is captain material has been booted out by the Romanovs.

Archived