The Stephen Pressley Thread ( merged )

Therapist

Guest Dr Venkman

So every time Pressley chest thumped in a Hearts jersey it was ok? What about the poor Dundee Utd/Rangers/Coventry fans who must have been so offended? The guy played 10 years at our great club, lifted a trophy and gave everything everytime he put on the famous maroon jersey. All that is forgotten as soon as he celebrates a Celtic win? Just goes to show you how petty minded and pathetic some people are, can't bring themselves to praise anyone who dared to enjoy a Celtic win when he was in their employment!!! Is it any wonder he did it after what happened at Hearts and is still happening???? Interesting to hear how Paul Ritchie and Jim Hamilton got received today, another two who seem to get grief from our 'supporters'. Everyone makes mistakes as individuals, can't we just remember how good they were when they played for us?? Two of the greatest weekends in our history the two Cup wins and we're nit picking over several pages of this board (i'm now doing it as well i know and i hate myself for doing it!)

I didn't go today as i had work committments/couldn't be arsed/hate Pressley/hate Robbie/wanted to watch Chelsea etc etc

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nucky Thompson
why do we tolerate such racist epitaphs as "Tims" etc?
Tims is what the Mhanks call themselves:cool: Tims is too nice a name for them if you ask me.

Guest JamboRobbo
digestive_biscuit1143821420.jpg

Digestive 1 - Dhigestive 0

Cocks out, round two...

:laugh: It is hilarious to watch tho.

Denny Crane
What a bitter life you live Therapist

maybe internet forums are his life....

Pherapist shurely!?

;)

Gav Aitchison

Pressley will be remembered in Hearts history as a great servant and a cup-winning captain and those who try to forget/ignore his decade of good service should get a grip.

Paul Ritchie got masses of abuse when he left, and he commited far worse indiscretions than Pressley. But, like the rest of the 98 team, he was today acknowledged for what he achieved - being a member of one of only seven Hearts teams that have won the Scottish Cup.

In years to come, whether he returns to Tynecastle or not, Pressley will be well-regarded in HMFC history and by all sensible fans.

sneakypete
He was on the verge of signing for Charlton, was even spotted in the Directors box at a game with the management team. Why bother with this if his cards were marked for Celtic all along?

Why can't folk just realise that he didn't orchestrate a move to the smellies, but assessed his options havin been dumped on his arse by VR, and decided that Celtic was the best move for him and his family?

The chest beating was wrong, won't disagree with anyone on that, but those who think there was an alternative motive are miles off the mark.

he went to smeltic cos his wife didnt want to move from scotland because she jusy had a baby

Dirk Diggler
Pressley will be remembered in Hearts history as a great servant and a cup-winning captain and those who try to forget/ignore his decade of good service should get a grip.

Paul Ritchie got masses of abuse when he left, and he commited far worse indiscretions than Pressley. But, like the rest of the 98 team, he was today acknowledged for what he achieved - being a member of one of only seven Hearts teams that have won the Scottish Cup.

In years to come, whether he returns to Tynecastle or not, Pressley will be well-regarded in HMFC history and by all sensible fans.

So yesterday it was 'proper' (not said by you) and today it is 'sensible'?

How I wish I were proper and sensible. :(

awadooningorgie2

Somebody must be touching himself in his big house at the attention he got. He can get in his big car tomorrow and drive to his really good job tomorrow thinking he is really important. Thank goodness.

Thankfully the Hearts familly showed today what it really is to be a Hearts fan.

Dirk Diggler
he went to smeltic cos his wife didnt want to move from scotland because she jusy had a baby

Of course.

Somebody must be touching himself in his big house at the attention he got. He can get in his big car tomorrow and drive to his really good job tomorrow thinking he is really important. Thank goodness.

Thankfully the Hearts familly showed today what it really is to be a Hearts fan.

Which is???

I've got to laugh! Presssley, a legend. Only the brainless believe that. Berra learning captaincy from Pressley and mentioning Dave Mackay in the same breath. God preserve us. Drugs are really getting a hold. Pressley (Mr Braveheart and all that sh*te) was minging for years - I recollect losing to the Huns several years ago and Pressley hauling someone back before being ordered off as the last man (we lost 4-1) simply because he was too slow and incompetent. This guy worked a charm offensive with the gullible support and they swallowed it. He was slow, is slow and will always be slow - and don't talk about divers.

Then he hi-jacks a club press conference (that's loyalty for you), leaves, does a bit of chest thumping in striped colours and now we should all bow down to this great master. Get real!

so much of this thread is very sad.

to put so much effort into hating someone must really eat a person up.

personally

while i was hurt, furious and somewhat amazed at the way pressley behaved at THAT game, i'm over it.

i applauded him today, choosing to remember him as a captain who gave us everything in his time here, who tried to unite a team that was falling apart, and who was one player, in only TWO teams i have seen lift the scottish cup.

there was a significant amount of booing for him when he came on but the cheers and applaud far outweighed that, thankfully.

to those consistently bad mouthing and moaning about elvis, surely you'd be better off finding something to make your life a little more worthwhile as so much poisonous though will make you bitter.

get over his chest thumping for that manky shower and i guarantee you'll feel better

SP's reception makes you realise how unrepresentative KB has become.

And the fact that he was prepared to appear today, in spite of some worries about what reception he'd get, shows you what Hearts really mean to him.

"Legend" is over-used. SP is a Legend.

Well we had a great day today and the reception all the players got was excellent. However i take great delight in the standing ovation for Elvis. Oh how the brain-dead must be really hurting tonight. :)

Pants Shaton
Well we had a great day today and the reception all the players got was excellent. However i take great delight in the standing ovation for Elvis. Oh how the brain-dead must be really hurting tonight. :)

No. Remember the 10,000 regular Hearts fans who hate Pressley didn't go to the game today as a means of protest.

I wonder why far fewer turned up to Craig Levein's first testimonial? I expect the folk who find typing 'Phressly' amusing blame Pressley for that too?

No. Remember the 10,000 regular Hearts fans who hate Pressley didn't go to the game today as a means of protest.

I wonder why far fewer turned up to Craig Levein's first testimonial? I expect the folk who find typing 'Phressly' amusing blame Pressley for that too?

The Elvis haters have been found out GMAN and are left with nothing to say except abuse. Today was a good day to be hearts fans and i for one am glad i was there. :)

Baird, King and Michael

Thought the reception Elvis got today was fantastic.

Took my kids and my nephew along today really because I wanted them to see Robbo but all of them wanted to see Pressley.

There was a smattering of boos but the vast majority welcomed a legends return in the proper manner.

I prefer to measure Pressley?s contribution to Hearts over a period of 10 years where on and off the field he was a credit to this club. He captained the club through arguably the most turbulent period in our history, lifted the Scottish Cup and led us to 2nd spot in the league.

Sure it would have been better if he hadn?t pumped his fist that time but everybody?s entitled to make a mistake in an emotional and pressurised situation without ending up vilified for it for the rest of their life.

As others have pointed out on this thread the vast majority of Elvis haters have another agenda.

But that?s a whole other story?.

The Baldmans Comb

How nice to hear that Elvis received got a great reception.He was a great player and a great captain and a very honest and brave man.

He will be able to look back at his Hearts years with pride and most importantly he will be able to look at himself in the mirror every morning with a lot of self respect.

Not everyone associated with Hearts including many supporters can say the same:evilno:

Ron Atkinsons Microphone
The Elvis haters have been found out GMAN and are left with nothing to say except abuse. Today was a good day to be hearts fans and i for one am glad i was there. :)

:rolleyes:

crazy_jambo_2006

To say Pressley attending stopped it being a fullhouse is a farce. They were never going to open 2 of the stands. Pressley didn't "gatecrash" -as the cup winning captain, he's entitled to appear in a cup winners select. This Pressley hatred is getting pathetic.

Ron Atkinsons Microphone
I feel your pain. :)

Trust me.

I'm not in pain.

I never attended the game due to the fact we have blinkered 'fans' like you in our support, instead I stayed at home and watched the EPL finale.

Trust me.

I'm not in pain.

I never attended the game due to the fact we have blinkered 'fans' like you in our support, instead I stayed at home and watched the EPL finale.

Of course your not.

:4_1_72::4_1_72::4_1_72:

Ron Atkinsons Microphone
Of course your not.

:4_1_72::4_1_72::4_1_72:

You got me. :rolleyes:

Can you explain what I am hurting about as I really can't think of it.

Jasonauskas
Great to see the legend that is Steven Pressley back at Tynecastle today. He looked a bit rusty though, not surprising as Celtic have left him out of the team most the season. Would take him back as player coach next season as long as we get a decent manager in with him.

Thats a good shout!

It would never happen in a month, no a year of sundays.

You got me. :rolleyes:

Can you explain what I am hurting about as I really can't think of it.

I am sure if you try a little harder you will get there. Enjoy your night. :)

Ron Atkinsons Microphone
I am sure if you try a little harder you will get there. Enjoy your night. :)

I've had a great day, Hibs got beat, Chelsea lost the league, my treble of all three teams in a relegation fight winning came up. :cool:

Enjoy your night.

Delighted to witness the ovation for Elvis today. It showed beyond doubt that true Hearts fans understand his contribution to the club. Anyone who stayed away because he was playing is making excuses for prefering to watch the Premiership on TV. You should have been supporting Robbie, a great servant to our club.

Ron Atkinsons Microphone
Delighted to witness the ovation for Elvis today. It showed beyond doubt that true Hearts fans understand his contribution to the club. Anyone who stayed away because he was playing is making excuses for prefering to watch the Premiership on TV. You should have been supporting Robbie, a great servant to our club.

I bought a ticket.

I feel I have supported him.

coppercrutch

Pressley got paid a fortune to play football. He did that pretty well for most of his time here. I don't quite understand what other 'contribution' to the club he made, any more than someone who has worked in the club shop for the same length of time, and not for 10k per week...

As for Robbie he has been paid very well for 10 years for impersonating a football player. If I was him I would not leave either. He tries his best but it is not good enough. Again I think the fans have been more like 'servants' to the club than Robbie Neilson. Yet we don't get a testimonial for our efforts. We also have to pay for the privilige.

This eternal love in for many players who are 'loyal' is pretty sad IMO. I much prefer someone like Hartley who made his intentions clear and didn't apply the 'bull****' nonsense to his job. He got paid well, he knew it and he never claimed to be a loyal servant. Good on him.

The Wrinkly Ninja
Virtually every Hearts fan likes Robbie. They may not rate him as a player, but they respect his commitment and attitude. Therefore, they are all prime candidates to attend his testimonial.

Then Prhessley gatecrashes the party. Me and the 20 other lads I go to the game with decide it's a shame for Robbie, but we have principles and will not attend anything where Prhessley is wearing the famous maroon.

It's blindingly obvious that the 10,000 empty seats today were vacant because the vast majority of Hearts fans feel exactly the same way as me and the lads. Fact.

Nobody was going to the game.

You post on here that you aren't going.

Over 7000 turn up.

Prove anything?

Fact.

JennyJambo
Ok, So 'no intention' because the club knew the demand was never going to be there.

Let's be honest, If the demand was there, They would have opened up the other stands making your response to 'Therapist' kinda redundant, No?

:)

If you wanna think so then fair play. :)

10,000 Hearts fans did not go because 10,000 Hearts fans hate Pressley according to Therapist's "fact".

In reality 10,000 seats were empty because of no such thing...

That was all I was pointing out.

Course if Therapist has the names of those 10,000 Pressley hating Hearts fans then I'll gladly accept his "fact" and apologise! :P

bobsajambo1
Thanks.

Proves my point that the vast majority of Hearts fans hate Prhessley.

Plonker

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Reality:

Thousands of fans turn up at Tynie and enjoy an excellent day out. All the players receive rounds of applause, the loudest cheer undoubtedly was raised when the last Captain to lift the trophy went onto the pitch. The atmosphere was relaxed, family orientated and a nostalgiac day of memories and general good feeling all round.

Cyber-reality:

A tiny number of so-called Hearts fans bleat about loyalty, treachery, blah, blah, blah. The same "fans" who do not turn out to see a player being honored for 10 years loyal service and a chance to see some truly great players from Hearts recent past. These "fans" claim to prefer watching a Chelsea match, go shopping, etc etc. The same guys who castigate anyone for refusing to renew their season tickets.

Thank Christ I live in reality.

The OP was deliberately started by a poster well known for causing strife on JKB in order to provoke a response. I have already privately paged a mod on my thoughts on this type of poster.

Flag debates are thankfully no longer allowed, sadly the mention of Steven Pressley provokes similar responses.

A sad indictment of the level of bigotry and hatred amongst so-called supporters of our club. I would like to ask how many of these "monarchist" and plainly anti catholic types have actually served their country in Her Majesties armed forces. Also, why do we tolerate such racist epitaphs as "Tims" etc? If similar remarks were made about people of African or Asian background, they would be rightly chastised.

A few questions here :

What's racist about the word "tim"? I was always of the opinion that, to be racist, reference to race had to be made. As opposed to reference to an early twentieth century gang. Still, why let ignorance and prejudice get in the way of a good piece of taking the moral highground?

Is "hun" okay? That's been said on many occasions on this thread, and yet you don't seem to have a problem with it. It's sad that this Jambhoy element exists within our support. :sad:

Since when did you have to be a soldier to be a monarchist? When, indeed, did being a soldier necessarily equate with being a monarchist?

I find it ironic that you're bleating on about bigotry and hatred during a post like that.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
A few questions here :

What's racist about the word "tim"? I was always of the opinion that, to be racist, reference to race had to be made. As opposed to reference to an early twentieth century gang. Still, why let ignorance and prejudice get in the way of a good piece of taking the moral highground?

Is "hun" okay? That's been said on many occasions on this thread, and yet you don't seem to have a problem with it. It's sad that this Jambhoy element exists within our support. :sad:

Since when did you have to be a soldier to be a monarchist? When, indeed, did being a soldier necessarily equate with being a monarchist?

I find it ironic that you're bleating on about bigotry and hatred during a post like that.

You really can't help yourself, can you? So you are saying you do not like Catholic Hearts supporters, who may take exception to that type of talk? By the way I am not a Catholic.

Oh and tell me, where does all this anti-catholic stuff come from, come on you know thats the basis of it? I mean, if thats the way you feel, why not just follow follow? I mean you all love singing the Dambusters theme. Its like you all claim the Protestant religion but have never been to church and never will. You go on about God Queen and Country, well, have you ever actually SERVED your God Queen and Country?

No, you would all run a mile from that.

Did'nt think he did:confused:

He had his hands above his head applauding the fans, I suppose you can come to whatever conclusion you want about it.

Ron Atkinsons Microphone
You really can't help yourself, can you? So you are saying you do not like Catholic Hearts supporters, who may take exception to that type of talk? By the way I am not a Catholic.

Oh and tell me, where does all this anti-catholic stuff come from, come on you know thats the basis of it? I mean, if thats the way you feel, why not just follow follow? I mean you all love singing the Dambusters theme. Its like you all claim the Protestant religion but have never been to church and never will. You go on about God Queen and Country, well, have you ever actually SERVED your God Queen and Country?

Funny how you dodged all his points.

I'm saying what? I didn' mention anything about Catholic Hearts supporters. "Bhoy" doesn't mean "Catholic" either. If it did, do you really think that it'd be accepted in the mass media as a nickname for Celtic? I'd suggest that, if you plan to make a case for a subject, you should probably get to know your subject matter first.

By the way, I'd appreciate it if you didn't accuse me of things that you've never seen me do - which accounts for the entirety of paragraph two. You also know nothing about me or my life, so please don't tell me what I would or wouldn't do.

I'm very offended by this post, and would be obliged if you'd remove it. Thanks.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

It would be great if Pressley came back to the club in a coaching capacity. We would have an inspirational presence and we would get rid of a small but embarrassing unsavoury section of our support. It would be win-win. Get Pressley back!

...small but embarrassing unsavoury section of our support...

Could you please elaborate? I've noticed that you like to sit on the sidelines of topics making vague comments.

It's obvious what you're trying to accuse people of, so why don't you come out and say it? Why don't you name names?

If you've got any proof of the accusations that you're making, you shouldn't have to worry about repercussions in terms of warnings, etc. If you don't, maybe you should be giving thought to whether or not airing these bhigoted views of yours is really appropriate. :sad:

Did'nt think he did:confused:

The guy who asked obviously never bothered to turn up today to find out, so he'll need to take people who were there's word for it....;)

FWIW I thought Elvis handled it well. It took some guts as well.

Archived