The Stephen Pressley Thread ( merged )

Therapist

davemclaren
Could you please elaborate? I've noticed that you like to sit on the sidelines of topics making vague comments.

It's obvious what you're trying to accuse people of, so why don't you come out and say it? Why don't you name names?

If you've got any proof of the accusations that you're making, you shouldn't have to worry about repercussions in terms of warnings, etc. If you don't, maybe you should be giving thought to whether or not airing these bhigoted views of yours is really appropriate. :sad:

He didn't say they were on JKB so unless they have their names on their seats how would he know their names? Can you name all the alleged jambhoys, as you call them? ;)

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It would be great if Pressley came back to the club in a coaching capacity. We would have an inspirational presence and we would get rid of a small but embarrassing unsavoury section of our support. It would be win-win. Get Pressley back!

Here here.

Unfortunately like all football clubs we have a minority we could do without and it would be fantastic if Pressley coming back got rid of them for good.

He didn't say they were on JKB so unless they have their names on their seats how would he know their names? Can you name all the alleged jambhoys, as you call them? ;)

Serious question here - are you a lawyer?

It was obvious that he was speaking in the context of this thread. I've noticed that you like to dodge around the point and get wrapped up in pedantry / semantics - which is a shame, because it detracts from the serious issue of the small but embarrassing element of the Hearts support which still indulges in anti people-who-don't-like-Phressley bigotry :sad:

I notice that Freewheelin' Jambo still hasn't removed his post. I may have to go to the mods about this one, as I'm deeply, deeply offended. :sad:

davemclaren
Serious question here - are you a lawyer?

It was obvious that he was speaking in the context of this thread. I've noticed that you like to dodge around the point and get wrapped up in pedantry / semantics - which is a shame, because it detracts from the serious issue of the small but embarrassing element of the Hearts support which still indulges in anti people-who-don't-like-Phressley bigotry :sad:

I notice that Freewheelin' Jambo still hasn't removed his post. I may have to go to the mods about this one, as I'm deeply, deeply offended. :sad:

How is being anti those that don't like Pressley any more bigoted than being anti those that are not against Pressley?

You seem to expect people to name who they are referring to yet won't do it yourself. :whistling:

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
Could you please elaborate? I've noticed that you like to sit on the sidelines of topics making vague comments.

It's obvious what you're trying to accuse people of, so why don't you come out and say it? Why don't you name names?

If you've got any proof of the accusations that you're making, you shouldn't have to worry about repercussions in terms of warnings, etc. If you don't, maybe you should be giving thought to whether or not airing these bhigoted views of yours is really appropriate. :sad:

The element of our support I'm referring to is common knowledge.

How is being anti those that don't like Pressley any more bigoted than being anti those that are not against Pressley?

You seem to expect people to name who they are referring to yet won't do it yourself. :whistling:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but on any occasion that I've mentioned Jambhoys, it's been in relation to a particular post that I've quoted - Freewheelin' Jambo's was the one that you were talking about, so I thought that it was pretty obvious that I was talking about him.

Just to clarify, though, I was talking about Freewheelin' Jambo. Hope that this clears things up for you. :)

Who's "anti those that are not against Phressley"? If people aren't against Phressley, that's their choice. Don't think that anyone's suggested otherwise. Everyone's entitled to their opinion on the issue (obviously), but it's a bit saddening that some (Freewheelin' Jambo, for instance, hopefully this name-naming will keep you happy) feel the need to denounce everyone who disagrees with them as some kind of bigot. Ironically, it's also quite bigoted. :sad:

The element of our support I'm referring to is common knowledge.

Can I take that as a no?

davemclaren
Correct me if I'm wrong, but on any occasion that I've mentioned Jambhoys, it's been in relation to a particular post that I've quoted - Freewheelin' Jambo's was the one that you were talking about, so I thought that it was pretty obvious that I was talking about him.

Just to clarify, though, I was talking about Freewheelin' Jambo. Hope that this clears things up for you. :)

Who's "anti those that are not against Phressley"? If people aren't against Phressley, that's their choice. Don't think that anyone's suggested otherwise. Everyone's entitled to their opinion on the issue (obviously), but it's a bit saddening that some (Freewheelin' Jambo, for instance, hopefully this name-naming will keep you happy) feel the need to denounce everyone who disagrees with them as some kind of bigot. Ironically, it's also quite bigoted. :sad:

So there's only one jambhoy. Thanks for clearing that up. :)

So there's only one jambhoy. Thanks for clearing that up. :)

No, of course not. I've mentioned Jambhoys before on here, maybe you should look back for previous posts on the issue. You do seem quite interested, so it'll probably be time well spent. I'll have quoted someone on those posts, too, so you can take that as their name being named. :cool:

When Pressley left I said... maybe this is a good thing. Overpaid for the standard of football he was playing. Getting slower by the min and making a hugh amount of mistakes.

Zali was on his 'hot' streak during this time. But after seeing Zali and his replacement make a royal tit of it since he left I now reconsider and think that we really could have done with him at times.

Chess pumping aside... remembering that it was not him that manufactured the move to Celtic I like the guy. He done a good job at Hearts and in his day was an amazing player for the club. And the whole Celtic thing is just an honest pro trying to earn a wage.

No, of course not. I've mentioned Jambhoys before on here, maybe you should look back for previous posts on the issue. You do seem quite interested, so it'll probably be time well spent. I'll have quoted someone on those posts, too, so you can take that as their name being named. :cool:

Is a Jambhoy a Celtic fan who's into Paul Weller? Is that why you're mentioning mods?

Is a Jambhoy a Celtic fan who's into Paul Weller? Is that why you're mentioning mods?

good question!

alwaysthereinspirit
Virtually every Hearts fan likes Robbie. They may not rate him as a player, but they respect his commitment and attitude. Therefore, they are all prime candidates to attend his testimonial.

Then Prhessley gatecrashes the party. Me and the 20 other lads I go to the game with decide it's a shame for Robbie, but we have principles and will not attend anything where Prhessley is wearing the famous maroon.

It's blindingly obvious that the 10,000 empty seats today were vacant because the vast majority of Hearts fans feel exactly the same way as me and the lads. Fact.

No way in hell do 20 other Jambos hang out with you. You need a therapist.

Yes. In a similar fashion, a mini Hun is a very small barbarian from ancient times.

Yes. In a similar fashion, a mini Hun is a very small barbarian from ancient times.

Strangely enough I always pictured them as such.

Only a Game
Did Pressley make a public apology at the game?

I'm guessing by the fantastic reception he got when he came on that the overwhelming majority of those who were actually there clearly felt he had no need to apologise.

Only a Game

It's blindingly obvious that the 10,000 empty seats today were vacant because the vast majority of Hearts fans feel exactly the same way as me and the lads. Fact.

No doubt you'll be able to exlain why there were almost 7000 empty seats on Saturday when Pressley was NOT in the stadium ? Perhaps they were extending their stay away protest to cover both games ?

Fozzyonthefence
If the 10,000 supporters who stayed away because of him, had been there, that wouldn't have been the case :mad:

Maybe if you had bothered to ask the missing 10,000 rather than be the self appointed spokesperson for them they would have told that they stayed away so they could enjoy watching Chelsea losing the league title or just couldn't be ersed turning up for a testimonial.

What a brilliant day and what an excellent turnout from the fans. Elvis got his standing ovation and I was delighted for him. :)

Therapist/Picky...you were grabbing at straws anyway but your time is most definitely up. Sounds like you had an awful day today, terrible shame that. You must be spewing. Such is life....

:biggrin:

scottishguy

There are some right utter ersholes on here moaning about Elvis.

If you cant see his chest thumpomg was sticking it up Vlad the Embarrassment and not to the Hearts,you really need to grow up.

Elvis was probably the best leader on the park we have ever had,yes I was ****ed off at his reactions when he came back to Tynecastle in a celtic strip,but he really cared for our club and a damned site more than our owner does.

This site has turned into an utter disgrace with the bitching and moaning about the club that we are supposed to love.

Craig Gordons Gloves
There are some right utter ersholes on here moaning about Elvis.

If you cant see his chest thumpomg was sticking it up Vlad the Embarrassment and not to the Hearts,you really need to grow up.

Elvis was probably the best leader on the park we have ever had,yes I was ****ed off at his reactions when he came back to Tynecastle in a celtic strip,but he really cared for our club and a damned site more than our owner does.

This site has turned into an utter disgrace with the bitching and moaning about the club that we are supposed to love.

Exactly. One of an exclusive group of Hearts captains to have lifted a trophy for the club. A player who gave more than alot and stood up for what he thought was right. What do we get, small minded, petty idiots who have nothing better to do with their time than talk about betrayal etc.

Shotgun-Boogie

Per the Scotsman:

"But one of the biggest roars of the day was reserved for 2006 captain Steven Pressley, who stepped off the bench in the second half and, in typical fashion, cajoled his team-mates through the closing stages of the friendly match as if it were a cup final."

Well done Elvis. Given the narrow views of some tw*ts on here, you would have been excused for not bothering with the game. Thanks for coming. Thanks for being our most influential player of the last decade. FACT.

The OP was deliberately started by a poster well known for causing strife on JKB

Just to reiterate a point made earlier, I did not start this thread. One of the mods started it by extracting the opening post from another thread. As for me "causing strife", analysis of the vast majority of threads I post on would prove otherwise.

I do have a deep hatred for Prhessley due to the way he treated the club and its fans. I make no apology for this and don't believe we should be fawning all over him and making excuses for what he did. If you don't like me and others mentioning it, that's tough but that's what opinion and debate is all about.

Finally, regarding your "pager message to the mods", please grow up and stop cyber-blubbing. Cheers. :rolleyes:

walton1983
Pressley showed his commitment to his old club and Robbie in particular by rushing away from weegie land so he could turn up and support his old teammate. Hopefully it will not be too long before he is back here in an official capacity and if that persuades some posters on here never to come back, it will not be a day too soon.

Absolutely zero chance of Elvis coming back while Romanov is in charge. Same with any other decent manager. Romanov doesn't just interfere, he is the manager.:sad:

Guest JamboRobbo
What a brilliant day and what an excellent turnout from the fans. Elvis got his standing ovation and I was delighted for him. :)

Therapist/Picky...you were grabbing at straws anyway but your time is most definitely up. Sounds like you had an awful day today, terrible shame that. You must be spewing. Such is life....

:biggrin:

Indeed. I'm gutted for the poor wee lambs. They must be hurting after being made to look so out of touch with reality.

From today's Scotsman:

"But one of the biggest roars of the day was reserved for 2006 captain Steven Pressley, who stepped off the bench in the second half and, in typical fashion, cajoled his team-mates through the closing stages of the friendly match as if it were a cup final."

I think if i had done at my work what SP did at Riccarton I would probably have been sacked too.

That said, he didn't do it because he was a 'weasel' or because he was trying to 'engineer a move to Celtic'. He did it because he genuniely thought it was in the best interests of the club.

A club he loves dearly.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
Just to reiterate a point made earlier, I did not start this thread. One of the mods started it by extracting the opening post from another thread. As for me "causing strife", analysis of the vast majority of threads I post on would prove otherwise.

I do have a deep hatred for Prhessley due to the way he treated the club and its fans. I make no apology for this and don't believe we should be fawning all over him and making excuses for what he did. If you don't like me and others mentioning it, that's tough but that's what opinion and debate is all about.

Finally, regarding your "pager message to the mods", please grow up and stop cyber-blubbing. Cheers. :rolleyes:

Yeah, you did not START the thread.:confused: Yes you did, the original one regarding Pressley. The usual inflammatory bilge you are an expert at. The Mods merely joined together another that was started.

And my page to to the Mods was around the "Death of Debate" thread. So as usual you jump to the wrong conclusions.

crazy_jambo_2006

1. If Pressley ever did get employed by HMFC again, would you stop going? After all, you denied yourself the chance to see the old 1998 heroes yesterday, apparently just because "Pressley was going to play"

2. Do you honestly not see that Pressley was shafted by Hearts in the end?

I dislike some players (including Barry the Ned Ferguson and most Chelsea players), but I would never continually bang on about such "deep hatred" of any particular player (one who played successfully for us for years). Seems a bit OTT to me.

I am not having a go. I just think it's sad our cup winning captain is hated by some people. The guy knocked his pan in for years for our club and was in the end shafted by the regime. He stood up for what he believed in and tried to show the fans wtf was happening.

I don't blame him going to Celtic: football is a job, he moved on to the next club who would pay his wages (and give him a championship medal).

1. If Pressley ever did get employed by HMFC again, would you stop going? After all, you denied yourself the chance to see the old 1998 heroes yesterday, apparently just because "Pressley was going to play"

2. Do you honestly not see that Pressley was shafted by Hearts in the end?

I dislike some players (including Barry the Ned Ferguson and most Chelsea players), but I would never continually bang on about such "deep hatred" of any particular player (one who played successfully for us for years). Seems a bit OTT to me.

I am not having a go. I just think it's sad our cup winning captain is hated by some people. The guy knocked his pan in for years for our club and was in the end shafted by the regime. He stood up for what he believed in and tried to show the fans wtf was happening.

I don't blame him going to Celtic: football is a job, he moved on to the next club who would pay his wages (and give him a championship medal).

I actually quite like Ferguson, think he is a very humble guy

Craigieboy

I liked the reception that he got.

Never really noticed any boos at all.

Was a great occasion.

Wasnt any boo's where i was sitting, maybe not real fans :sad:

Heard one guy booing there was a few who did not respond either way when he came on, can't condem them, I think he did hurt some by his actions but at least they had the self control not to boo

Craigieboy
Wasnt any boo's where i was sitting, maybe not real fans :sad:

You were too busy eyeing up Tam?

;)

Guest Dipped Flake
Per the Scotsman:

Well done Elvis. Given the narrow views of some tw*ts on here, you would have been excused for not bothering with the game. Thanks for coming. Thanks for being our most influential player of the last decade. FACT.

Good post. It is great to see the right wing bigots huffing and puffing on here but please can I ask all 'normal' Hearts fans to try their best to just ignore them. They are all dinosaurs, still living in the 17th century and hopefully soon they will go the same way. Yesterday was a great day, thousands of fans having a great day out, supporting our current and past players. Thank God these other morons stayed away so we could all enjoy our day out.

N.B. This is in no way directed at those who stayed away for any other reason than one of our returning heroes now plays for celtic

I was never that fussed if Pressley returned to Tynie permanently, but I have to say it would be funny to watch Pherapist ceremoniously toss his ST onto the pitch with a red, white and blue tear in his eye.

Mon the Elvis, get it sorted son :D

Guest JamboRobbo
I was never that fussed if Pressley returned to Tynie permanently, but I have to say it would be funny to watch Pherapist ceremoniously toss his ST onto the pitch with a red, white and blue tear in his eye.

:rofl: I'd love Elvis to return, just to see PHerapist explode with rage.

Absolutely zero chance of Elvis coming back while Romanov is in charge. Same with any other decent manager. Romanov doesn't just interfere, he is the manager.:sad:

Never say never especially with a unpredictable nutjob like Romanov in charge, after all he begged Burley to come back. Also, Pressley ain't going to be playing for Celtic next season so will be looking for employment as his role with Scotland is only part time. An experienced manager (if we were to get one) might think he is exactly what's needed in and around the Riccarton dressing rooms.

troonjambo

the thing is they never do mate people always come out with this **** ill stop going if we sign blah blah blah but lets face it we have had stacks off catholic/Celtic/hibs player including the arch-Judas super mo Johnston ,a black gay player, a convicted sex offender manager, Darren Jackson who ticketed every idiots(includeing myself until I grew up ) box on the" ill never set foot in the place again if he signs for us"list .

not to mention player who have annihilated our hopes and dreams and in some cases literally reduced us to tears playing for other spl teams macdonald, jardine GORDON ****ing DURIE ffs ,super mo (remember what he was doing when we were at dens ???) ,ect

as to people hearts should hire while i think we should draw a line at people with convictions for sex offences ect history catigorically proves that we will take and love anyone who can do a job for us full stop .

CornhillHearts

I did not go so cannot comment on his reception; but if judas p did come back to Hearts in any shape or form I would be disappointed but would still go and support the team as thats what its all about surely.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Good post. It is great to see the right wing bigots huffing and puffing on here but please can I ask all 'normal' Hearts fans to try their best to just ignore them. They are all dinosaurs, still living in the 17th century and hopefully soon they will go the same way. Yesterday was a great day, thousands of fans having a great day out, supporting our current and past players. Thank God these other morons stayed away so we could all enjoy our day out.

N.B. This is in no way directed at those who stayed away for any other reason than one of our returning heroes now plays for celtic

Pathetic attempt to troll for a reaction.

Blah blah right wing blah, morons, blah.

give it a rest for gods sake.

Guest JamboRobbo
Pathetic attempt to troll for a reaction.

Blah blah right wing blah, morons, blah.

give it a rest for gods sake.

You've finally seen this thread and the OP for what it is. Congrats.

bigbryanthejambo

And the award for the most long winded, up its own backside, totally pointless and going round in circles thread on JKB in the past 6 months goes to...... :)

Guest S.U.S.S.
You've finally seen this thread and the OP for what it is. Congrats.

Saw it at the start JR, just dont see the point now its after the fact.

The rat returned, was mostly cheered and has now returned to the Dark Castle throught west.

Maybe we can get back to Hearts and our players now.

Guest S.U.S.S.
And the award for the most long winded, up its own backside, totally pointless and going round in circles thread on JKB in the past 6 months goes to...... :)

Shut up Mr Celtic

Quote fron you today "Hail Hail"

bigbryanthejambo
Saw it at the start JR, just dont see the point now its after the fact.

The rat returned, was mostly cheered and has now returned to the Dark Castle throught west.

Maybe we can get back to Hearts and our players now.

You appear to agree with my sentiment tho SUSS. Time to put it to rest. His legend banner still hangs high.

Guest S.U.S.S.
You appear to agree with my sentiment tho SUSS. Time to put it to rest. His legend banner still hangs high.

Only because i cant reach it!

Why are you on a Hearts site anyway?

Should you not be mincing around in your new Celtic top?

bigbryanthejambo
Only because i cant reach it!

Why are you on a Hearts site anyway?

Should you not be mincing around in your new Celtic top?

My professionalism over-rides petty indifferences. When you know what team is in ur heart and soul....you can afford to be more mature when it comes to affairs of the wallet and CV!

I find it sad that so many feel the need to deride those with a differing opinion to theirs as being "ar**holes", "bigots", etc. :sad:

Archived