Things you've always wondered about but couldn't be bothered to find out

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Dick Dastardly
Just now, been here before said:

What an arsehole 😆

Everyone knows thats what the 5G masts are for.

😂 😂 😂 😂 That and the chemtrails. Don't even mention the stuff they put in tap water 😱😱😱😱

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tazio

• redjambo

• FWJ

• Morgan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Dirk McTarkin said:

I know a few folk like this. Every one is a life-long stoner.

Don't tar all stoners with the same brush please, I've never sat in a session and someone has come out with that sort of shite, or I was too wasted to notice!

il Duce McTarkin
1 hour ago, superjack said:

Don't tar all stoners with the same brush please, I've never sat in a session and someone has come out with that sort of shite, or I was too wasted to notice!

:D

I know plenty of stoners who have their shit together too, tbf.

Not entirely thread based. But I had no idea every noun in the German language starts with a capital. Shocked I was. 😲 😳

19 hours ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Do flat earthers believe it's just the earth that is flat or all celestial bodies? 

The trick to dealing with conspiracy theory weirdos is to double down on their bullshit. 

"The moon landings were faked." 

"Wait. You think the moon is actually real?" 

"The queen killed Diana" 

"Actually, Diana faked her death to join the anti-NWO with TuPac and Elvis" 

Dick Dastardly
18 minutes ago, Norm said:

The trick to dealing with conspiracy theory weirdos is to double down on their bullshit. 

"The moon landings were faked." 

"Wait. You think the moon is actually real?" 

"The queen killed Diana" 

"Actually, Diana faked her death to join the anti-NWO with TuPac and Elvis" 

The queen did kill Diana though. 

5 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

The queen did kill Diana though. 

Nah, that's just what the anti-NWO want you to think. As Betty was High Lizard Queen of the NWO, it was all part of the plan to undermine her. 

Dick Dastardly
46 minutes ago, Norm said:

Nah, that's just what the anti-NWO want you to think. As Betty was High Lizard Queen of the NWO, it was all part of the plan to undermine her. 

Food for thought 

What happens to the guy who cums first at an orgie, does he have to sit at the side like the first person knocked out of a game of dodgeball?

il Duce McTarkin
41 minutes ago, superjack said:

What happens to the guy who cums first at an orgie, does he have to sit at the side like the first person knocked out of a game of dodgeball?

Off to the bathroom for a quick 'gentleman's wash' then get right back into the game, no?

Dick Dastardly
5 minutes ago, Dirk McTarkin said:

Off to the bathroom for a quick 'gentleman's wash' then get right back into the game, no?

ImmediateAdvancedCassowary-max-1mb.gif

John Gentleman
50 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Relevant. 

IMG_1835.jpeg

Funny, but, how often do you hear folk say "...all four corners of the world"?

3 hours ago, Dirk McTarkin said:

A few years ago I would manage that. Now though? I'd just go for a wee nap.

John Gentleman

Why are there so many 'Warnings' in Aldi power tool user manuals? Compared to other brands - Ryobi, Makita etc??

......and does everybody just ignore them, like I do?

Edited by John Gentleman

5 hours ago, John Gentleman said:

Why are there so many 'Warnings' in Aldi power tool user manuals? Compared to other brands - Ryobi, Makita etc??

......and does everybody just ignore them, like I do?

Dunno but my guess is they're sold in different countries with different safety regulations. Obviously there's overlap in some markets but that's my reckoning. I don't use power tools buy if I did, I'd probably read the safety instructions like the shitebag that I am. 

Edited by Norm

After slicing in half and toasting, how the hell does the glazed side of a bagel maintain a temperature higher than molten lava?

John Gentleman

I've never got the point of leaf blowers. In the sense that they only move leaves around, rather than get rid of them.

53 minutes ago, John Gentleman said:

I've never got the point of leaf blowers. In the sense that they only move leaves around, rather than get rid of them.

I think the idea not to blow leaves into piles, so it's easier to pick them up. Some of them have a vacuum facility to make that picking up easier.

I'm wondering if a cordless leaf blower would be any use for cooling you down when on long walks in hot weather?  Maybe nobody's thought of that before.

8 hours ago, Boof said:

After slicing in half and toasting, how the hell does the glazed side of a bagel maintain a temperature higher than molten lava?

Don't know but I agree it bloody does. 🤬

Harry Potter
2 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Are interest only mortgages a good idea?

No, go down the repayment route as you obviously only pay interest on the other , tbh do you

still get interest only plans, years ago the endowment policy ran along beside the Mortgage plan to pay  off the mortgage after say 20 years but the problem was the endowment never reached its potential to pay of the mortgage, bad idea that was.

A jet airliner takes off and it carries passengers, food, and sanitary tanks that have a combined weight of, say, 10,000 kilos.

After 10 hours most or all of the food is eaten and the passengers have used the washrooms throughout the flight.

Is the combined weight of passengers, food, and sanitary tanks still 10,000 kilos?

been here before
3 hours ago, Australis said:

Why did Kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

Because thats where their radios and headphones were incase of missions and targets being changed or cancelled.

28 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

A jet airliner takes off and it carries passengers, food, and sanitary tanks that have a combined weight of, say, 10,000 kilos.

After 10 hours most or all of the food is eaten and the passengers have used the washrooms throughout the flight.

Is the combined weight of passengers, food, and sanitary tanks still 10,000 kilos?

Or vaguely similarly...

Let's say you have a mass of 99kg. You drink a couple of pints of lager and, without pishing, re-weigh yourself. In a closed system, you should now have a mass of slightly > 100kg meaning that your body constitution is at least 1% lager.

1 hour ago, Maple Leaf said:

42 minutes ago, Boof said:

Or vaguely similarly...

Let's say you have a mass of 99kg. You drink a couple of pints of lager and, without pishing, re-weigh yourself. In a closed system, you should now have a mass of slightly > 100kg meaning that your body constitution is at least 1% lager.

I'm no scientist but wouldn't some of that be burnt off as energy?

28 minutes ago, graygo said:

Energy has no mass. However, you did make me have a re-think.

Perhaps you'd have to make sure you didn't breathe whilst carrying out this experiment as there'd be a 'what goes in must come out' scenario.

Let's take glucose as a simple example...

C6H12O6 + 6O2 → 6CO2 + 6H2O

By the looks of that, much of it will be getting exhaled as carbon dioxide and water vapour.

Better make it half a dozen pints and still not breathe just to be on the safe side...

2 hours ago, graygo said:

I think so.  It takes energy to merely survive, which requires burning calories, and loss of moisture by the passengers through breathing and sweating would also be a factor.  The air is circulated in the plane, and some of it goes back outside, so that would be some weight loss.  How much. I have no idea.

1 hour ago, Boof said:

I'm really glad you gave us a simple example.  :biggrin:

Why do F1 pit crews wear full fireproof overalls during the race but wear shorts and t-shirts for pit changes the rest of the weekend? 

16 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Why do F1 pit crews wear full fireproof overalls during the race but wear shorts and t-shirts for pit changes the rest of the weekend? 

Dramatic effect?  In case the Health and Safety man watches the Grand Prix?  They're all in the parish and don't want to get grassed up?

3 hours ago, Boof said:

Energy has no mass. However, you did make me have a re-think.

Perhaps you'd have to make sure you didn't breathe whilst carrying out this experiment as there'd be a 'what goes in must come out' scenario.

By the looks of that, much of it will be getting exhaled as carbon dioxide and water vapour.

Better make it half a dozen pints and still not breathe just to be on the safe side...

That's cleared that up then. 👍

John Gentleman
20 hours ago, JKB Member C said:

I think the idea not to blow leaves into piles, so it's easier to pick them up. Some of them have a vacuum facility to make that picking up easier.

I'm wondering if a cordless leaf blower would be any use for cooling you down when on long walks in hot weather?  Maybe nobody's thought of that before.

They don't. They just suck in ambient air and blow it out again. If the ambient air is hot, it's hot-in then hot-out. Honestly, they're as useful as ashtrays on a motorbike.
Daughter gifted me one last Xmas, alas.

2 hours ago, superjack said:

When posters on here change their username, is there anyway to see previous usernames?

if you go into their profile, there is a button in it that shows username history

Konrad von Carstein
On 16/06/2023 at 07:33, Boof said:

19 hours ago, graygo said:

Don't know but I agree it bloody does. 🤬

I don't toast them any more, wrap them in foil and put them in the air fryer towards the end of the bacon or sausage whatevers cooking time, warmed through with a nice texture...

Bacon, cheese and tomato bagel with mayo 🤤

there is probably a better thread for this but mario puzo who wrote the godfather books also wrote the screenplay for the movies, since they were his first screenplays even after winning some oscars he went out and bought a book on screenwriting. in the first chapter it said something like study the godfather part 1

I P Knightley
On 17/06/2023 at 10:58, Konrad von Carstein said:

I don't toast them any more, wrap them in foil and put them in the air fryer towards the end of the bacon or sausage whatevers cooking time, warmed through with a nice texture...

Bacon, cheese and tomato bagel with mayo 🤤

Is an air fryer any different to a fan oven? Apart from the fact that it sits on the kitchen worktop and can be put away in a cupboard after you've finished making me that nice bagel.

I P Knightley

Flies, right?

You see them all the time banging their heads off the window. I was told as a youngster and had no reason to question it, that they are trying to fly towards the light.

If that's the case though, why do they come into the house in the first place? Why do they want to get from the bright outside to the slightly more shady inside?

I think someone lied to me when I was young.

SectionDJambo
2 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Flies, right?

You see them all the time banging their heads off the window. I was told as a youngster and had no reason to question it, that they are trying to fly towards the light.

If that's the case though, why do they come into the house in the first place? Why do they want to get from the bright outside to the slightly more shady inside?

I think someone lied to me when I was young.

Open the back door for a few seconds and in they come. They’re never that keen to go back out either.

Konrad von Carstein
7 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

Is an air fryer any different to a fan oven? Apart from the fact that it sits on the kitchen worktop and can be put away in a cupboard after you've finished making me that nice bagel.

Not really, just smaller and faster

Apologies I have run out of bagels ;)

8 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

Exactly the same thing but uses a fraction of the electricity and cooks things in about half the time too.

Edited by hughesie27

I P Knightley
7 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Not really, just smaller and faster

Apologies I have run out of bagels ;)

5 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Exactly the same thing but uses a fraction of the electricity and cooks things in about half the time too.

Cheers.

I've been told that an air fryer's a great way to make crisps out of root vegetables and it looks like I'm heading for a bumper crop of beetroot and Jerusalem artichokes this year. I doubt I'll make that investment and will use my fan oven.

On 16/06/2023 at 22:53, Tazio said:

They can only wear shorts and t-shirts for the free practice which is much more laid back but once it becomes competitive (qualifying and the actual race) they are required to wear full protective suits and helmets, that said some races do insist on protection being worn for the full weekend, Le Mans for example has now brought this in i'm sure

Anybody ever see they wee red money spiders anymore these days? Not seen them for years. Also, do they make webs? And see they wee black and white jumping spiders you get here, with the zebra pattern? Are they called zebra spiders? And am I right in saying they don't make a web?

highlandjambo3
15 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

Is an air fryer any different to a fan oven? Apart from the fact that it sits on the kitchen worktop and can be put away in a cupboard after you've finished making me that nice bagel.

Term “air fryer” is a bit de deceptive tbh……is is actually a mini oven (or two ovens if you have a double one).  So, anything you can cook in an oven you can cook in an air fryer (mini oven).  I don’t use my main oven any more just the double air fryer so, its out on the kitchen worktop 24/7.  It’s a great piece of kit as it gets up to temperature very quickly and cooks the food evenly.  The double one has a “match cook” (both compartments at the same temperature for the same amount of time) and, a “smart finish” function which allows both ovens to work independently but finish at the same time I.e. pie takes 20 minutes to cook and chips take 15 minutes to cook, one oven will come on 5 minutes after the other has started so they both finish same time.  Most importantly, it’s about 50% cheaper to run than a conventional oven.  But “air fryer” dunno how it got that tag 🤷‍♂️

Edited by highlandjambo3

23 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Term “air fryer” is a bit de deceptive tbh……is is actually a mini oven (or two ovens if you have a double one).  So, anything you can cook in an oven you can cook in an air fryer (mini oven).  I don’t use my main oven any more just the double air fryer so, its out on the kitchen worktop 24/7.  It’s a great piece of kit as it gets up to temperature very quickly and cooks the food evenly.  The double one has a “match cook” (both compartments at the same temperature for the same amount of time) and, a “smart finish” function which allows both ovens to work independently but finish at the same time I.e. pie takes 20 minutes to cook and chips take 15 minutes to cook, one oven will come on 5 minutes after the other has started so they both finish same time.  Most importantly, it’s about 50% cheaper to run than a conventional oven.  But “air fryer” dunno how it got that tag 🤷‍♂️

i assume they are known as air fryers as IIRC when they first came onto the market they were aimed as a replacement for deep fat fryers. i use mine most days and about the only thing i cook in my oven is pizza