Things you've always wondered about but couldn't be bothered to find out

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Unknown user
9 hours ago, Pap said:

Why do all animals have the perfect crimp system when doing a dump,

Eliminating the need for toilet paper? Where as, sometimes on a single sit in, i can go through half a bog roll.

The richness of your diet. Eat kibble for a week and you won't be wiping any more, just polishing.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tazio

• redjambo

• FWJ

• ¼½¾

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 hours ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

Scotch is a whisky not a person.

Or beef
QMS explores DNA tracebility system for PGI Scotch Beef | News | The Grocer

Or egg
Scotch Eggs Recipe | Bon Appétit

Or chilli
Scotch Bonnet Pepper: A Spicy Treat from the Caribbean

Or broth
Traditional Scotch Broth - The Daring Gourmet

19 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Why can a person be overwhelmed or underwhelmed, but never simply 'whelmed'?

I ended up googling this and apparently whelmed is an archaic term for being engulfed or submerged. 

will-i-am-a-jambo
1 hour ago, Boof said:

Or beef

Or egg

Or chilli

Or broth

Lol well spotted!

will-i-am-a-jambo
12 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Sorry, just looked it up in the dictionary and realised the term Scotch is now considered offensive when used to describe people. Apologies if anyone took offence. 

However, given the amount of the stuff I’ve poured down my throat over the years, I reckon my original post still stands. 

No worries, l wasnt offended. Ive only ever heard English or Americans describe Scots as Scotch. Normally you wouldn't hear a Scots person describe themselves as Scotch. 

JudyJudyJudy
12 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Sorry, just looked it up in the dictionary and realised the term Scotch is now considered offensive when used to describe people. Apologies if anyone took offence. 

However, given the amount of the stuff I’ve poured down my throat over the years, I reckon my original post still stands. 

IMG_4829.jpeg

been here before
2 hours ago, Boof said:

Or beef

Or egg

Or chilli

Or broth

36 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Or corner

Screenshot_20230701_133011_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Or a glorious...

product_title-30561664_720x.jpg

Maple Leaf
13 hours ago, JKB Member C said:

Apprently 'whelmed' was a word, meaning engulfed or submerged, before 'under' and 'over' became attached to it. Shakespear used it. I hope this leaves you feeling gruntled.

2 hours ago, BlueRiver said:

I ended up googling this and apparently whelmed is an archaic term for being engulfed or submerged. 

Overwhelming answers!

Dick Dastardly
1 hour ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

If Dettol kills 99.9% of germs,what about the germs it doesn't kill??

They stay alive

On 08/06/2023 at 08:53, Dick Dastardly said:

Yeah, i think she was trying to suggest it was out there to try and subdue the population and make us slaves to some imaginary overlord, or something like that. 

they-live-082718.jpg?fit=3180,1855

Dick Dastardly
8 hours ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

That's the ones I worry about 😳

th-1055874646.jpg

Be afraid. Be very afraid..... 

But seriously, if they haven't killed you already they should be ok

Dick Dastardly
8 hours ago, redjambo said:

they-live-082718.jpg?fit=3180,1855

You're not far off it there. Flat earth, chem trail believing nut job. Its a shame as she was absolutely stunning. I considered just throwing reality out the window and going head first into the conspiracy realm but i really couldn't! 😂 😂 😂 

10 hours ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Also is it volume or type of germ that is the remaining .1%? Like does dettol kill the cold germ 99.9% of the time meaning 0.1% of the time a cold germ will survive or does it mean that out of all the different germs in the world dettol will kill 99.9% of them 100% of the time?

1 hour ago, Ribble said:

Also is it volume or type of germ that is the remaining .1%? Like does dettol kill the cold germ 99.9% of the time meaning 0.1% of the time a cold germ will survive or does it mean that out of all the different germs in the world dettol will kill 99.9% of them 100% of the time?

I think so. It's essentially to cover the chances that there's some super mutant germ you have that's immune. 

Edited by Norm

14 minutes ago, Norm said:

I think so. It's essentially to cover the chances that there's some super mutant germ you have that's immune. 

pretty much, it is because they cant prove it kills all 100% of germs

4 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

You're not far off it there. Flat earth, chem trail believing nut job. Its a shame as she was absolutely stunning. I considered just throwing reality out the window and going head first into the conspiracy realm but i really couldn't! 😂 😂 😂 

Couldn't you just have temporarily believed in all that jazz in order to achieve your aims and then made a quick withdrawal? Or did you worry about being stalked the rest of your life...

Dick Dastardly
1 hour ago, redjambo said:

Couldn't you just have temporarily believed in all that jazz in order to achieve your aims and then made a quick withdrawal? Or did you worry about being stalked the rest of your life...

I was worried she would push me off the edge of the world 

44 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I was worried she would push me off the edge of the world 

:D

• 2 weeks later...
John Gentleman

Why, when I at look at myself through the shaving mirror in the morning, do I see the same person as I saw 50 years ago? But, when I see a recent photo of myself, I see an alien creature??

John Gentleman
On 02/07/2023 at 06:08, henrysmithsgloves said:

They shall inherit the earth.

henrysmithsgloves
57 minutes ago, John Gentleman said:

Why, when I at look at myself through the shaving mirror in the morning, do I see the same person as I saw 50 years ago? But, when I see a recent photo of myself, I see an alien creature??

The camera never lies😳🤣

I was outside washing my car amd the wifes. I'm standing there with the pressure washer, next to 2 cars that are suddenly spotless amd still wet. In my other hand is the empty bucket with car washing mitten in it. The wife comes out and asks what I'm doing?

What I've always wondered is, how come a supposedly intelligent woman be so thick, is it just a lack of logic?

Lone Striker

Why did Alanis Morissette think these  lyrics in her song "Ironic"  were examples of irony -

It's like rain on your wedding day 

It's a free ride when you've already paid
It's the good advice that you just didn't take

A traffic jam when you're already late
A "No Smoking" sign on your cigarette break
It's like ten thousand spoons when all you need is a knife
It's meeting the man of my dreams
And then meeting his beautiful wife

Surely these are just disappointments. or frustrations ?   Nothing ironic about any of them......... which is rather ironic..... ironically 😃

henrysmithsgloves
On 22/07/2023 at 16:10, superjack said:

I was outside washing my car amd the wifes. I'm standing there with the pressure washer, next to 2 cars that are suddenly spotless amd still wet. In my other hand is the empty bucket with car washing mitten in it. The wife comes out and asks what I'm doing?

What I've always wondered is, how come a supposedly intelligent woman be so thick, is it just a lack of logic?

🤣 My Mrs thinks an itchy Fannie is an Italian motor bike 😳

It was probably another Daft Meme thread. Maybe someone started one without realising there already was one...or something.

henrysmithsgloves
56 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Does anyone know what thread i was reading when i went to bed last night? 

Screenshot_20230728_055414_com.android.chrome.jpg

Mines disappeared,mate sent me a link to a Facebook page,they were raffling off a flag,signed by the hearts team in aid of a cancer charity 😳 Must have broken the rules somehow. Not got the link now either,nightly WhatsApp delete by me. Anyhoo lesson learned 👍🏻

JudyJudyJudy
3 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Does anyone know what thread i was reading when i went to bed last night? 

Screenshot_20230728_055414_com.android.chrome.jpg

Actually there has been a lot of weird actitivity the last few days . I kept getting asked to complete that “ captchas” thing to look at comments then someone made a comment and it looks like it was me . It wasn’t though . Luckily it was faulty innocuous so it couldn’t be me obviously 😂 

Dick Dastardly
4 hours ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Mines disappeared,mate sent me a link to a Facebook page,they were raffling off a flag,signed by the hearts team in aid of a cancer charity 😳 Must have broken the rules somehow. Not got the link now either,nightly WhatsApp delete by me. Anyhoo lesson learned 👍🏻

Yeah, i don't think you're allowed to advertise things like that without asking for permission. It's probably just so the mods can verify it's a genuine charity and not a scam. 

Dick Dastardly
4 hours ago, JKB Member C said:

It was probably another Daft Meme thread. Maybe someone started one without realising there already was one...or something.

Na, i dont think it was. Its buggin me because i can't remember! 😂 😂 

Dick Dastardly
1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Actually there has been a lot of weird actitivity the last few days . I kept getting asked to complete that “ captchas” thing to look at comments then someone made a comment and it looks like it was me . It wasn’t though . Luckily it was faulty innocuous so it couldn’t be me obviously 😂 

It definitely wouldn't be you if it was innocuous..... 👀

henrysmithsgloves
1 hour ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Yeah, i don't think you're allowed to advertise things like that without asking for permission. It's probably just so the mods can verify it's a genuine charity and not a scam. 

Hope not,mates a senior cop🤣 and a staunch blue nose👍🏻

Dick Dastardly
Just now, henrysmithsgloves said:

Hope not,mates a senior cop🤣 and a staunch blue nose👍🏻

Hmmm. Doesn't sound that trustworthy imo. 😂😂😂😂

1 hour ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Na, i dont think it was. Its buggin me because i can't remember! 😂 😂 

Try looking at the browsing history on your phone. When I look at mine on Chrome it tells me the names of the threads I've looked at.

Dick Dastardly
13 minutes ago, JKB Member C said:

Try looking at the browsing history on your phone. When I look at mine on Chrome it tells me the names of the threads I've looked at.

I've tried that but it didn't help. Never mind, I'm sure it was nothing important! 😂 😂 

been here before
2 minutes ago, Pap said:

Spotted at Polkemmet Park. What is it?

IMG-20230729-WA0001.thumb.jpg.05ba4e3f97cc993fcbbba9e2c5801e51.jpg

Common Lizard.

Edited by been here before

• 3 weeks later...
henrysmithsgloves

Where can I buy the same glue that they use to put the sticker on imperial leather soap? What kind of glue is it?????

55 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Where can I buy the same glue that they use to put the sticker on imperial leather soap? What kind of glue is it?????

After a shower at the gym, a guy asked me 'Do you use Imperial Leather soap'? I said, 'Why can you smell it'? He said, 'No you've got the sticker stuck on your arse'.  drum-roll-2.gif

henrysmithsgloves
9 minutes ago, JKB Member C said:

After a shower at the gym, a guy asked me 'Do you use Imperial Leather soap'? I said, 'Why can you smell it'? He said, 'No you've got the sticker stuck on your arse'.  drum-roll-2.gif

🤣🤣🤣,Bet it's still stuck there!

Edited by henrysmithsgloves