HMFC Illustration in the works

Gregorski

sounds good - put me down for 3 :thumbsup:

Thanks, will do.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Screenshot2013-07-01at111753PM.png

You've seen this one already. Might even start cleaning this one up and begin the color tomorrow. Few more objects to add in also.

Screenshot2013-07-02at110852PM.png

Can't remember who it was that suggested that I give the "E" a striclty european theme and I'm too cream crackered to search the thread for his name but thanks anyway. Edit: Suggestion was by Carl Spackler.

This will be the most cartoony looking one to suit the mood of a European trip. The rest is going to be slightly tighter and more realistic. Need to fix the front of that bus. Think I was getting tired when I tackled that. There's still plenty of space if anybody wnat to suggest any other European themed ideas. Earlier European ties maybe?

Screenshot2013-07-01at111903PM.png

Nothing more added to this since last night. I might make this the more historical one.

That's it until tomorrow. hope you're all in approval so far. :)

Not sure if you're actually taking orders but I'll have one please.

I'm in London so let me know the postage and packing or if I need to get one of my Edinburgh chums to pick it up.

Crackin' work so far. Can't wait to see the finished piece. Hope it gets you some other business too. You should send it to Creative Review/The Drum etc. to see if you can get some design PR. I reckon The Drum would definitely pick this up.

A plane with the call-sign G-AMBO to commemorate the Gambo Airways plane organisation for a Euro trip that I can't remember.

The People's Chimp

This is really looking great. I'd echo Gershwin's sentiments above that this should hopefully bring you some decent exposure and some other work too.

You've seen this one already. Might even start cleaning this one up and begin the color tomorrow. Few more objects to add in also.

Can't remember who it was that suggested that I give the "E" a striclty european theme and I'm too cream crackered to search the thread for his name but thanks anyway. Edit: Suggestion was by Carl Spackler.

This will be the most cartoony looking one to suit the mood of a European trip. The rest is going to be slightly tighter and more realistic. Need to fix the front of that bus. Think I was getting tired when I tackled that. There's still plenty of space if anybody wnat to suggest any other European themed ideas. Earlier European ties maybe?

Nothing more added to this since last night. I might make this the more historical one.

That's it until tomorrow. hope you're all in approval so far. :)

For the historical one, remember the old half time board we used to have? A B C D etc was listed in the programme for the other games and they used to put the scores up on it. Also the twin tunnels and capital decorators on the old shed apex.

shed02.jpg

Cheers

washniklaw

I think a good addition would be an illustration of the people watching from their Gorgie Road flat window. I always remember there was a scarf hanging out, usually a can of beer place precariously on the windo's ledge.

It used to be something the TV cameras would always comment on and I would always check when I was in the ground to see if they were there. I wanted to buy one of those flat until they built the gorgie stand

The People's Chimp

I think a good addition would be an illustration of the people watching from their Gorgie Road flat window. I always remember there was a scarf hanging out, usually a can of beer place precariously on the windo's ledge.

It used to be something the TV cameras would always comment on and I would always check when I was in the ground to see if they were there. I wanted to buy one of those flat until they built the gorgie stand

I always thought that as a kid as well. Would have loved one of those flats. My Gran lived on wheatfield street and so the back green wall was at the back of the ground, no view from there though, unfortunately. My dad said in the 50s/60s folk used to come through the stair and onto the green with a ladder and then dreep down into the ground. :lol:

TheMaganator

Have Vader and the Storm Troopers at ER done enough to merit a small space?

(I wasn't in any way involved btw)

Carl Spackler

Gregorski that's looking great.

Recent trips to Spurs and Liverpool could be added. The best symbol of either of those I can think of is the obvious Liver bird. Maybe an underground train or logo for Spurs.

A bulldog for the Croatia trip or perhaps a coffin for the home leg. Maybe both items a bit obscure for most to understand!

When I mentioned the shed earlier I was also thinking of the old apex and Capital Decorators logo that Primrose brought up.

Good work on the Bayern goal.

132 goals and Terrible Trio been mentioned yet?

Tennent's Sixes? :lol:

An auld fitba.

The twirly.

Put me down for two if you're taking orders.

No worries. I'll most likely be taking per-orders by the weekend. What I'll do is make a list of all requests so far, then PM you all when the link is up.

I'll post the link about an hour or two later on here.

Going to be starting with a limited edition of 100 signed prints with framed prints of numbers 1, 15 and 51 up for grabs via a raffle.

That's the idea at the moment anyway.

I'll have one too please.

If you do requests, after this project of course, would love to find the costings for a print with my name in a Scotland theme and my missus' in an American. If possible.

Cheers mate.

Carl Spackler

No worries. I'll most likely be taking per-orders by the weekend. What I'll do is make a list of all requests so far, then PM you all when the link is up.

Going to be starting with a limited edition of 100 signed prints with framed prints of numbers 1, 15 and 51 up for grabs via a raffle.

I'll definitely take one.

Count me in for at least 1 just now. :thumbsup:

Caspian Primrose

Cant wait to see the finished article. Looks fantastic so far. I will definitely want one when theyre ready.

A plane with the call-sign G-AMBO to commemorate the Gambo Airways plane organisation for a Euro trip that I can't remember.

My first European away trip, fond memory's but best not talk about the football.

Gregorski that's looking great.

Recent trips to Spurs and Liverpool could be added. The best symbol of either of those I can think of is the obvious Liver bird. Maybe an underground train or logo for Spurs.

A bulldog for the Croatia trip or perhaps a coffin for the home leg. Maybe both items a bit obscure for most to understand!

When I mentioned the shed earlier I was also thinking of the old apex and Capital Decorators logo that Primrose brought up.

Good work on the Bayern goal.

Eiffel tower for Paris trip and cases of beer in the fountain in Braga.

Fantastic work Gregorski, the H looks superb and i'm looking forward to seeing the finished thing. As I was looking at the E the Hearts tune was going through my head, quality!! Can you put my name down for 1 please? Don't know if it's been mentioned before but what about putting 19-05-12 some where? HHGH

Konrad von Carstein

+1 but would have to wait till pay day (end of July) due to holidays if this is too late no problem..I'm sure you'll sell them all anyway

Fantastic work Gregorski, the H looks superb and i'm looking forward to seeing the finished thing. As I was looking at the E the Hearts tune was going through my head, quality!! Can you put my name down for 1 please? Don't know if it's been mentioned before but what about putting 19-05-12 some where? HHGH

Thanks Jambo D. Cheers for the encouragement.

I don't think we want to overdo the Hibs stuff tbh. Unlike those guys across the city, we're defined by our love for our club and not by our hatred for our rivals.

Welcome to kickback btw! :)

These are brilliant, definitely would like to order one. For the E you could have the players throwing Mercer in the team bath after we qualified for Europe on our first season promoted. I have a newspaper clip I can scan in, actually have newspaper clips of almost everything Hearts from 83-86. Was a pre-teen obsession for me to collect Hearts clippings

Thanks for all your interest.

I'm putting a word doc together now of those who want one or more and I'll let you all know when they're available.

:10900:

will-i-am-a-jambo

Hi Gregorski,

I mentioned about the dressing room earlier in the thread and have found you 3 pics with the quotes written on the walls of the dressing room but not sure how to post the pics onto the website, sorry! Alternatively, if you google search images with 'heart of midlothian dressing room quotes' and scroll down you will find them.

Put me down for 1 of your illustrations when its done please chief, looks awesome!

The Gasman

I don't think we want to overdo the Hibs stuff tbh. Unlike those guys across the city, we're defined by our love for our club and not by our hatred for our rivals.

Got to agree with that....

However....

It was the biggest derby game in our Club's history, as well as being a Scottish Cup Final victory.

:thumb:

Scottiedug

Loving your work Gregorski - I'd be grateful if you'd add me to your list for a couple of prints

The Gasman

I think it's a tribute to Gregorski, that already, many folk (myself included!) are lining up, wanting to buy something that.. ..err.. ..none of us have actually seen yet..!

:D

I think it's a tribute to Gregorski, that already, many folk (myself included!) are lining up, wanting to buy something that.. ..err.. ..none of us have actually seen yet..!

:D

:munny:

Archived