HMFC Illustration in the works

Gregorski

What is your man who said it wouldn't sell saying now? :laugh:

OK. so here's the full story.

As you know he's a sports artist himself and mainly does paintings of the New york Giants.

His original response when I told the amount of pre-orders I'd received on here was "You'll be doing extremely well to get 2% of that." He wasn't leaving it open for discussion. That was gong to be the case.

When I told him that I'd sold more than ninety in the first twenty four hours his first response was "great! you'll be taking my advice from now on then eh?". Wasn't sure what that meant at all but never mind.

To be honest, I think it's just a difference in fan culture. The main thing he really couldn't get my head around was why the supporters were doing all this fundraising in the first place and why

I was giving up all my spare time to do it.

He was just really incredulous about the whole thing.

So I basically asked him this question, "Are you trying to tell me that if the New York Giants were in the same position and were in danger of going to the wall, the fans wouldn't do the same?"

"Yes" he replied. "If they'd gotten themselves into that position then it would just be tough. They'd just let them die."

It was my turn to be incredulous. :cornette:

The funniest part was when I handed him my ipad with this thread up and he just sat there scrolling through all the comments in disbelief.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

22/250 arrived safe a sound in Oz, thanks and well done it looks sensational :)

Laurence

22/250 arrived safe a sound in Oz, thanks and well done it looks sensational :)

Laurence

Delighted it made it mate!

Didn't take that long either. Just over a week, not bad at all.

22 is not a bad number to have either. 22 in a row and all that. :thumbsup:

35/ 250 arrived last week but i'm just home tonight after two weeks working offshore. Looks great, going to get it framed sometime next week. Well done and thanks for all your hard work.

Delighted it made it mate!

Didn't take that long either. Just over a week, not bad at all.

22 is not a bad number to have either. 22 in a row and all that. :thumbsup:

Hi

Just received a second print in the mail today No 2/250, I only ordered one, can you let me know who should have got 2/250 ie their address etc and I will mail it to them.

Laurence

Hi

Just received a second print in the mail today No 2/250, I only ordered one, can you let me know who should have got 2/250 ie their address etc and I will mail it to them.

Laurence

Good guy.

You could do a kids edition 'where's wally' style.

Where's Vlad, other objects could be a nuclear sub, Russian hat, Dell boy and Rodney....

Marooned In Oz

You could do a kids edition 'where's wally' style.

Where's Vlad, other objects could be a nuclear sub, Russian hat, Dell boy and Rodney....

Lets not forget Rima and her golden sticks

Hi

Laurence

Oh crikey!

Yeah, I know what has happened here.

It basically all started the first night when my brother and I were up mailing all the prints at the Livingston post office HQ.

To my distress my brother stuck your one in the postbox with the UK postal amount on it by mistake. After a Darth Vader-esque "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!" from me, I resolved to go and get you another print(I got a few emergency spares made up in order to be prepared for feck ups like this) and mailed it the next day with the correct postage.

I was of the mistaken assumption that you were to get number 2/250. Clearly not though and now there are two number 2's in existence. The one that you have and the other belongs to who knows who.

I had no idea what would happen to the one that got mailed to you with the incorrect postage. clearly it got their no bother. I thought it would either get mailed back to me or be lost forever in a Royal Mail type black hole.

So, I now have no idea what to do with this one that you have. I don't suppose it's fair to sell it on as the person who has the real number two would feel hard done by.

Damn it, it was all going so well as well :sob:

I was quite happy to take this story of the wrongly mailed Ozzy print screw up to the grave as well. :lol:

We'll work something out. I'm happy for it to be raffled on here with the number erased I suppose. Would be a limited, limited edition. :thumbsup:

Actually, now I think of it, I wouldn't mind gifting it to the 1874 Fighting Fund along with the cash donation. Just to thank them for everything they do for the club.

Sound like a good idea?

I've still to raffle/auction numbers 1, 15 and 51 anyway.

Actually, now I think of it, I wouldn't mind gifting it to the 1874 Fighting Fund along with the cash donation. Just to thank them for everything they do for the club.

Sound like a good idea?

I've still to raffle/auction numbers 1, 15 and 51 anyway.

Ok, I will hang on to it until a decision is made.

Can I assume that 22/250 is mine ?

Laurence

Ok, I will hang on to it until a decision is made.

Can I assume that 22/250 is mine ?

Laurence

Absolutely yours! You have the only one.

Number 66/250 has arrived safe and sound in Milton, Ontario. Delighted with it, Gregor, thanks very much!

Number 66/250 has arrived safe and sound in Milton, Ontario. Delighted with it, Gregor, thanks very much!

Nice! Glad you got it ok.

• 3 weeks later...

Absolutely gutted that I jouned JKB too late to see this thread and buy a picture :-(

Pretty sure that's my picture as your profile pic too.. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived