HMFC Illustration in the works

Gregorski

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Carl Spackler

As always. Still plenty of space to fill up.

Fire away.

What I was thinking about was the structure to it. This suggestion may be far too late so ignore if it is! It also might not be artistic enough or too restrictive. It might just be a plain pants idea. Anyway, given the E is Europe how about the following?

H - Hearts/Home. Iconic Hearts images, Tynecastle, Gorgie and Edinburgh. Badges, etc. The H you have at the moment is pretty much this.

E - Europe - places and moments - job done

A - Achievements - Pictures of Cups and Flags, winning moments. Fozzy on the fence could maybe make the peak of the A (nowhere near Hearts' greatest achievement but it was probably Wayne's!).

R - Remembrance - Mccrae's Battalion and the beginnings of the club.

T - Tynecastle - The fans, the ground, the Shed and all that.

S - Squad - I don't know how difficult it would be to identify given greats faces in sketch style? This might be a bit contentious who's in and who's out!

kingantti1874

I've got to say, I thnk this will raise a fai bit of money for hearts ..l and for gregorski, mate looking at how popular this is on here I'd bet you could make yourself a fair whack .. I'd bet virtually every club in Europe would have a market for something like this

Was all set to feature the Gorgie Fish Bar in the illustration but from what we've learned from another thread I'm not sure I'll bother.

Ecce Romanov

How about including a wee homage to the classic Neil Lennon on his bum at Tynecastle. That would be great!

What I was thinking about was the structure to it. This suggestion may be far too late so ignore if it is! It also might not be artistic enough or too restrictive. It might just be a plain pants idea. Anyway, given the E is Europe how about the following?

H - Hearts/Home. Iconic Hearts images, Tynecastle, Gorgie and Edinburgh. Badges, etc. The H you have at the moment is pretty much this.

E - Europe - places and moments - job done

A - Achievements - Pictures of Cups and Flags, winning moments. Fozzy on the fence could maybe make the peak of the A (nowhere near Hearts' greatest achievement but it was probably Wayne's!).

R - Remembrance - Mccrae's Battalion and the beginnings of the club.

T - Tynecastle - The fans, the ground, the Shed and all that.

S - Squad - I don't know how difficult it would be to identify given greats faces in sketch style? This might be a bit contentious who's in and who's out!

This could work. That for the suggestion. I'll start the remaining letters off like this and see how it goes.

colinmaroon

We could always incorporate the word skubala in recognition of your contribution to Kickback.

Chimp by name, chimp by nature.

While you're at it, add ???? would you.

JustWinBaby

This looks incredible, Gregorski. Stick me down for 2. Also, if it's not already been suggested, how about a pic of the Austin McCann goal against Celtic? Or his celebration? Don't know where it ranks in the all time Hearts moments, but it's up there in my list. FTH

Put me on the list please.

Would like to know the final price when you have it confirmed...

Pants Shaton

Edinburgh landmarks like the Scott Monument and the Forth bridge?

I will buy one of these - it's looking good.

Put me on the list please.

Would like to know the final price when you have it confirmed...

Looking like it's going to be 30 pounds per print.

colinmaroon

I'd love 1 of these too if possible.

C is that you want 1 of these also if possible or,

1 of these, 2 if possible? :cool4:

hmfc-progress-2.jpg

Slowly starting to add colour. Just flat tones, no shading or highlights yet.

I was going to wait until I'd done all the pencil work but I was curious as to how it was going to look with some colour.

Still got clean up the lines also.

More updates tomorrow.

Thanks for everyone's interest so far. :afro:

Also, if you want to see how it;s developing from start to finish without the posts in between then you can also view here...

http://www.gregorlouden.com/blog/category/hearts-fc-illustration/

Fxxx the SPFL

hmfc-progress-2.jpg

Slowly starting to add colour. Just flat tones, no shading or highlights yet.

I was going to wait until I'd done all the pencil work but I was curious as to how it was going to look with some colour.

Still got clean up the lines also.

More updates tomorrow.

Thanks for everyone's interest so far. :afro:

Also, if you want to see how it;s developing from start to finish without the posts in between then you can also view here...

http://www.gregorlou...c-illustration/

looks brilliant Gregorski will it be finished before the trams start running :cheesy:

Derailed tram during the bouncy outside the st Jakob stadion in Basel, he used to be shite but now he's alright, neilson's surprise at his winner that night?

I would be up for one too, keep me posted. Im terrible for not looking at KB so a PM would do if when they are ready

I've had an idea for this!

The fans are a very important part of HMFC, obviously, and they could be part of this art-work. Perhaps a group doing the twirly or some such... Like cartoon versions of people...

Now imagine if we had enough people willing to pay say ?15 or ?51 to the cause to have thier likeness put into the drawing?! That would be pretty cool I reckon and a way of raising another couple hundred quid.

Might of course be a shite idea!

Its looking good, need to see what the final price will be but I am interested.

Waiting for the final price but expect I'll be after one.

Looks great.

looks brilliant Gregorski will it be finished before the trams start running :cheesy:

Hopefully. Definitely before Romanov returns to realize our Champion League dream. :)

Waiting for the final price but expect I'll be after one.

Looks great.

Cheers!

The final price is 30 pounds per print. With every penny after printing costs going to the famous!

It's looking really good, Gregorski. Hopefully I'll be in a position to afford one.

Legend Claws

Cheers!

The final price is 30 pounds per print. With every penny after printing costs going to the famous!

I'll still take two thanks!

C is that you want 1 of these also if possible or,

1 of these, 2 if possible? :cool4:

:lol:

Just 1.

Konrad von Carstein

Couple of things (and I hope you don't think I'm being a smart a**e) how about the Haymarket clock time showing 11 o'clock (11th hour, 11th Month etc) and the "of" in the Heart of Midlothian FC Ltd sign needs a space after the "t".

Picture suggestion, the pic of Craig Gordon with arms spread after the Gretna final, I think there might have been another couple of players jumping on him too (sorry cant post a link old technophobe that I am)

Templeton Peck

Can I have one please.

I'd also like to suggest some of Donkey Donaldsons world famous commentary quotes. Perhaps a "Scenes of joy in the away end" or a "Hold on a minute now" (4-4 game)

Cheers!

i still want one, please.

Birregrande

Count me in for a minimum of 1 - "Humble fund raising effort" - Gregorski you modest devil you. :wings:

2211445869_eac1b1b93c.jpg

:)

Just so you all know, this will be the only visual tribute to the Hibs I'm likely to do for this. He gets a wee corner in the bottom of the "R".

hmfc-progress-3.jpg

LOLZ!! I was actually physically cracking up as I was drawing this. I'm in my mid-30's now. I really should be showing more maturity.

:gok:

lost in leith

Derailed tram during the bouncy outside the st Jakob stadion in Basel, he used to be shite but now he's alright, neilson's surprise at his winner that night?

Good shout. Am I right in thinking it was a green tram or is that old age and ale playing tricks with my memory :cool4:

Archived