HMFC Illustration in the works

Gregorski

Hearts Heritage

Whilst appreciating the significance of May 2012 and even the last 30 years vs Hibs it surely is about the whole History of the club and not a montage of recent events.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maroon Sailor

How the feck did Chopper MacLaren get the armband ?!

Just shows how bad we were 81/82 !

Just an update on this project, thanks to Mad Dog Frazer posting this on Twitter, I just got an email from the Evening News who want to do a story on this project.

Crivvens!

Thanks to everybody for the suggestions so far.

TheMaganator

Just an update on this project, thanks to Mad Dog Frazer posting this on Twitter, I just got an email from the Evening News who want to do a story on this project.

Crivvens!

Thanks to everybody for the suggestions so far.

You'd better make sure you stay in the lines when you're colouring in!

No pressure

Devorgilla

Hello.

A few suggestions, trying to suggest "things" you associate with Hearts if your Glasgow example is anything to go on:

Tynecastle Arms,

Tynecastle High School,

Railway bridge over Gorgie Road,

Old floodlight tower.

Was going to suggest City of Edinburgh coat of arms, but pay heed to what it says here:

http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/info/788/council-general_information/1162/coat_of_arms_of_the_city_of_edinburgh_council

The central castle part of this was used as a basis of a symbol for Haymarket railway depot, which is close by. I could provide a picture if that was of any use.

Best of luck with your idea!

Nice. Definitely get some ind of reference for the brewery.

But it's not a brewery it's a Distillery !

But it's not a brewery it's a Distillery !

OK, fine. I'll do a smashing illustration of the "DISTILLERY" with Cobblers jumping up and down beside it shouting, "It's nae a brewery".

:)

The old Shed has to part of it.

Good idea BTW.

No question! Will be in there.

I miss it so.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Good idea this.

I'd like to see the Heart of Midlothian badge at the Royal Mile, the front cover of Walter Scott's book, the meadows (if you can do that), John Wilson being attacked my Neil Lennon, David Obua's lovely smile just to light the piece up.

Psychedelicropcircle

Keep us updated with it coming together.

If there's enough material why not

"HMFC 5 HFC1"

The Hobos bit would be easy to fill with junkie needles, Lucozade bottles, Thumb like bairns, Giro cheques, Pat Stantons underpants, Accounts books, and their new mascot Rod the Easter Rodent.

You could maybe intersperse 8 Scottish Cup trophies, 4 League Championship trophies, and 3 League Cup trophies throughout to represent our major honours. Unless you dont want things that might potentially change.

The Haymarket Memorial.

The oblivious guy from the Neil Lennon photgraph.

Whilst appreciating the significance of May 2012 and even the last 30 years vs Hibs it surely is about the whole History of the club and not a montage of recent events.

Totally correct. I also want it to be about Hearts as a community of people in general and not just the club. I want it to be a tribute to the fans as much as anything else.

Despite my previous post it should of course be about a tribute to us.

Haymarket Clock should be in if not already mentioned and how about a copy of "The Pink News" with a Hearts headline.

Despite my previous post it should of course be about a tribute to us.

Haymarket Clock should be in if not already mentioned and how about a copy of "The Pink News" with a Hearts headline.

Clock is already featured in the "H". Pink News! For sure!

Hearts Heritage

You could maybe intersperse 8 Scottish Cup trophies, 4 League Championship trophies, and 3 League Cup trophies throughout to represent our major honours. Unless you dont want things that might potentially change.

The Haymarket Memorial.

The oblivious guy from the Neil Lennon photgraph.

4 League Championship Flags

4 League Cups

Der Kaiser

Old tollbooth jail where Heart of Midlothian now sits a possibility?

The_Old_Tolbooth.jpg

I'll stop posting images now and just confusing the matter.

Carl Spackler

That's some penalty area !

According to wikipedia the penalty area was the width of the field until 1901. It doesn't say anything about the markings resembling a pair of breasts though.

Maroon Sailor

Radio Forth double decker bus used for away games.

Crawled along the M8 at about 40 mile a hour !

Pants Shaton

According to wikipedia the penalty area was the width of the field until 1901. It doesn't say anything about the markings resembling a pair of breasts though.

Up until 1899, one goal was surrounded by a large pair of breasts and the other end by a massive 'graffiti style' ****** and baws. Unfortunately no photos of the other end exist to confirm this oft forgotten piece of Edinburgh football history.

Carl Spackler

Up until 1899, one goal was surrounded by a large pair of breasts and the other end by a massive 'graffiti style' ****** and baws. Unfortunately no photos of the other end exist to confirm this oft forgotten piece of Edinburgh football history.

You learn something every day!

Probably better leaving these out of the montage I'd suggest.

OK, fine. I'll do a smashing illustration of the "DISTILLERY" with Cobblers jumping up and down beside it shouting, "It's nae a brewery".

Good I'll buy one then??

Jesus Shuttlesworth

Going on that photo, when did goalies start wearing gloves?

The didn't become common till the 70's

Guest C00l K1d

The didn't become common till the 70's

Sack taking a beauty of a shot to the hands on a cold winters day :laugh: !

Progress Update. A little more detail added ot the "H". Bear in mind that they look pretty rough at the moment, but the final will be a lot cleaner. You won't see all the sketchy lines and pencil rubbings once it is cleaned up in photoshop.

Screenshot2013-07-01at111753PM.png

And the beginnings of the "A"

Screenshot2013-07-01at111903PM.png

Lightly sketching out the 5-1 scoreboard, Macrae monument, Old Tynecastle, main stand and players tunnel in the centre. Not sure how easy the tunnel it is to make out but at least it might create a debate between folk trying to work out what the hell it is.

More updates to follow. I'll probably get most of it done on Thursday and Friday as I'm off for the 4th July period.

OK, off to bed. FTH.

john brownlee

...you could use the statue of the brewery/distillers workers with the whiskey/beer barrel just up from Dickies

that is going to look great, is the Gorgie fish bar going to be in it Gregor? or the tynecastle arms? two of my favourite establishments :cool4:

edit: see tyncastle arms in the H :2thumbsup:

Don't know if mentioned but Murray sitting on the ball against Oldco just before Ford scores would be good.

Juan Jose Carricondo Perez

Looks brilliant so far. Do you have any idea how much prints will cost?

Also, not sure if its been mentioned but Fozzy on the Fence has to appear somewhere.

Going on that photo, when did goalies start wearing gloves?

Talking of goalkeepers, Cruickie has to be included. Maybe with Kello holding a jersey or pointing up to him from lower in your illustration. That was special day.

Forza Cuore

Coming along nicely. With all these cracking ideas maybe HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN FOOTBALL CLUB. FTH. might be more appropriate? ;-)

The Gasman

Edinburgh Castle, and the Scott Monument - two iconic Edinburgh landmarks, with the monument being in honour of the author if the book we're (ultimately) named after.

Pants Shaton

H is for honour - club, country and king

E is for Edinburgh's favourite football team

A is for Ace of Hearts - Willie Bauld and Robbo are two

R is for respect - recognition in Europe too

T is for Tynecastle - home of the Jambo Tribe

Success for Scotland and Auld Reekie's gonna rise.

© Jambo Tribe.

PS. As a fundraising idea, could the original members of the Jambo Tribe reform and, if we raise enough money, they promise never to perform any music ever again ever ever.

Archived