The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

The Internet

Yeah these things are normally pretty dire but it seems this one has actually raised a fair bit of money for various charities (which is the important bit, 'awareness' is usually an excuse to post pointless shite on facebook that does nothing).

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

People who spell your name wrong when they have it written in front of them. I have come to accept people spelling my name with an i in it but what really annoys me is at work when I am instant messaging or emailing someone in another department and they reply "Hi Claire"

On IM my name is displayed and on email my email address is my name and my email signature has my name on it too. :seething:

I still get birthday cards from family that spell my name Neil. I have almost given up. They have only had 26 years to learn that its Neale.

A 5 year old and a 6 year old being told not to do the 5-1 at Tynie when they are mascots at a derby. who can get upset by a 5&6 year old doing that. What is going to happen? A pitch invasion and two wee boys getting set upon by 50 something year old pavement dancers?

GET A GRIP.

Guest GhostHunter

I still get birthday cards from family that spell my name Neil. I have almost given up. They have only had 26 years to learn that its Neale.

I'd be pissed off as well if people kept sending me cards to a Neil, when my name was Rudi.

RustyRightPeg

My Facebook recently has been filled with folk being nominated to get buckets of cold water chucked over them

Getting fecking life.

The aim of it is to raise money and awareness of motor neurone disease. Still want to suggest that?

TheMaganator

The aim of it is to raise money and awareness of motor neurone disease. Still want to suggest that?

I've seen them loads too. I had no idea it was for charity - nobody I've seen in videos has mentioned charity.

Happy days if they're raising money & awareness but I fear the msg has been lost along the way.

Do you really think everyone is doing it to raise awareness?

I don't think so, they're doing it just because their mates have nominated them and they think is funny.

Half them probably don't know what motor neurone disease is.

RustyRightPeg

Do you really think everyone is doing it to raise awareness?

I don't think so, they're doing it just because their mates have nominated them and they think is funny.

Half them probably don't know what motor neurone disease is.

I've seen them loads too. I had no idea it was for charity - nobody I've seen in videos has mentioned charity.

Happy days if they're raising money & awareness but I fear the msg has been lost along the way.

Yes, I understand where you're coming from. The point I'm making is that the original idea behind it was to raise awareness and money. The more people doing it raises the likelihood that people will look/ask why they're doing it and discover more about the disease.

Yes, I understand where you're coming from. The point I'm making is that the original idea behind it was to raise awareness and money. The more people doing it raises the likelihood that people will look/ask why they're doing it and discover more about the disease.

Aye, not even on facebook and now I am aware of it, so obviously working

Stuart McNeill

What I dont get is the fact there throwing water over themselves. Just make a video saying you donated ?5-10 or whatever and nominate the next person ?

if you get nominated, I take it your being nominated to donate to whatever charity as well ?

It's possible that it got lost crossing the ocean. The North American friends I've seen doing it have all prefaced their 'ice bucket challenge' with 'ALS' (Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis) and put a wee link in when they posted their videos, whereas the folk I know who've done it back in Scotland have either not made any mention of charity or mumbled something about it being 'for a good cause'.

As an aside, I just got nominated.

:turmoil:

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

I got nominated last night. Playing fives tonight so I'll probably do it when I get home.

I'd always thought it was for ALS, but two guys I know from school put up photos on Facebook of their donation to MacMillan. Either way, I'll make a donation once I've done it.

Some dafty at work started off emailing me "Hi Clare" then changed a few emails in to "Hi Claire"

:seething:

Some dafty at work started off emailing me "Hi Clare" then changed a few emails in to "Hi Claire"

:seething:

in their defence and in neale's family's defence, there should only be one way to spell a name. Ian, Iain etc... bollox.

Same. Had no idea why people were doing it until I read this thread.

After putting in your details / security password in on automated telephone calls to get put through to an operator only to be asked for the exact same information from the operator.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

in their defence and in neale's family's defence, there should only be one way to spell a name. Ian, Iain etc... bollox.

Correct.

:whistling:

I'll add slow drivers to the list, particularly folk who drive at 30 on a dual carriageway.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Big swing and a miss folk sticking the ALS ice bucket challenge on this thread. Raised about 20m for a horrific disease. Not enough cornettes for that one chaps.

Guest C00l K1d

Big swing and a miss folk sticking the ALS ice bucket challenge on this thread. Raised about 20m for a horrific disease. Not enough cornettes for that one chaps.

It is a good cause but the videos are pretty cringey.

A lot of folk doing it for attention too, not even realising the cause.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

It is a good cause but the videos are pretty cringey.

I also can't be the only person watching these videos who assesses within three seconds if there's going to be some worthy wet t-shirt action. Bit, yeah, charity...

:lol:

Edited by Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

TheMaganator

I also can't be the only person watching these videos who assesses within three seconds if there's going to be some worthy wet t-shirt action. Bit, yeah, charity...

:lol:

Ditto.

My bursd work colleague did one - it was tremendous

Same as they selfies with no makeup that burds were doing. The fact most were attention seeking and donated **** all annoyed me.

i hate it when i'm sitting quietly and get the following. one of these days i will reply with what i actually think when asked.

"What's that you're reading?"

well it's a ******* book obviously you ****.

"what's it about?"

just **** off and leave me in peace you ******* moron.

"is it any good?"

no it's shit. that's why i spent money to buy it and why i'm sitting here reading it. go play on the ******* motorway and leave me the **** alone.

i hate it when i'm sitting quietly and get the following. one of these days i will reply with what i actually think when asked.

"what's it about?"

"is it any good?"

no it's shit. that's why i spent money to buy it and why i'm sitting here reading it. go play on the ******* motorway and leave me the **** alone.

That's no way to talk to your kids m8

"what's it about?"

"is it any good?"

Bizarre rant about perfectly reasonable questions.

Why? Folk asking are just trying to discover if it's something they'd like to read it themselves. I'm happy to pass this info on.

Serious anger issues if this sort of thing sends you into a seethe.

All roads lead to Gorgie

When I am cycling I hate cars parked in cycle lanes and when I am looking for a place to park I hate those bloody cycle lanes. Guess I have a split personality.!!!

The Internet

Why? Folk asking are just trying to discover if it's something they'd like to read it themselves. I'm happy to pass this info on.

In my experience it's just people being nosey twats really, not trying to find out information about the book. It's not a major annoyance for me but I'd rather be left alone while reading, can understand why people would seethe about it.

Edited by Mauricio Pinilla

I absolutely hate people talking to me when i am reading.

"what's it about?"

"is it any good?"

Or you could always just tell the person the title of the book and a quick "Aye it's good, it's about X" and they'll go away after about 13 seconds. :lol:

All roads lead to Gorgie

Or you could always just tell the person the title of the book and a quick "Aye it's good, it's about X" and they'll go away after about 13 seconds. :lol:

Or tell them It's the Jimmy Saville Story or How to Paint by Rolf Harris. :afro:

Chad Sexington

If people are genuinely "seething" at some of the stuff posted on this thread, I can only assume they need to speak to a mental health professional.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Tractors/farmers - get off the roads and drive through the fields. I don't come and block you for half an hour while you're trying to plant some corn.

Big loads that cover two lanes of a motorway - you have no right to do this. Either find another way to transport your portacabin or build it when you get there you selfish nobs.

People who get into the swimming pool at the gym and swim straight at you - I'm seriously just going to steam straight through you, as some bird discovered this morning.

Anyone who walks up and down a swimming pool - why do people do this? If you're not swimming, go for a walk. Dicks.

People who get into the swimming pool at the gym and swim straight at you - I'm seriously just going to steam straight through you, as some bird discovered this morning.

Anyone who walks up and down a swimming pool - why do people do this? If you're not swimming, go for a walk. Dicks.

Swimming pool seethe could probably have a thread on its own. Stopped going ages ago. Fat old women who don't shower before hand but think wearing a ton of perfume will be ok. Those long hairs that you swim into - gross. People swimming diagonally. Super splashy swimmers. Nut, too stressful.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Think I am starting to take up a residency on this thread, must lighten up a bit, but one more. People who get on a bus or train when it is busy and sit beside you but remain there for the whole journey even when window seats become vacant all around. Now I am a Babe magnet and I would understand and not protest too loudly in that case but that doesn't happen often, sob sob.!!! At times I feel like accidently elbowing someone in ribs or stepping on a toe.

Designated lanes at roundabouts. Making me look like a 17 year old recently passed his test, getting it in the neck from folks. What ever happened to staying in the left lane unless you're going right the way round.

Cyprus Jambo

Designated lanes at roundabouts. Making me look like a 17 year old recently passed his test, getting it in the neck from folks. What ever happened to staying in the left lane unless you're going right the way round.

Depends how many exits - if there is no left exit, then use the left lane for straight on. Not many do this on Distribution Road (Bonnyrigg Bypass).

I put my back out a few years ago and the physio advised me to do this as it helps strengthen the muscles around the base of the back.

Have to admit I felt a bit of a plank doing this, but sometimes it's justifiable. Just.