The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

1 hour ago, Meathook said:

I've got a S20 too. If you go into the settings > advanced features > side key, you can set it so a long press on the side button brings up the power off screen. 

Outstanding stuff. Thank you!

• Replies 20.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, milky_26 said:

stupid samsung, just had my work phone replaced with a samsung A52s. end of the work day i go to switch it off, hold the power button, all it does is lcok the screen. after a google i find to switch it off you need to hold BOTH THE POWER AND VOLUME DOWN BUTTON

1 hour ago, Meathook said:

I've got a S20 too. If you go into the settings > advanced features > side key, you can set it so a long press on the side button brings up the power off screen. 

I jave an s20 myself and an A52 for work, this works on the A52 as well.

Lone Striker

In this day  & age with modern cars having dozens of on-board sensors, you'd think one of them might be able to detect when you're going uphill.    Apparently not.   Going up a  moderate incline in 4th gear - as soon you hit 45 mph, the Octavia eco-gear message recommends  you change to 6th gear.    :facepalm:

Салатные палочки

£200 in Specsavers this morning 

:muggy:

Was going to stick the car in for a service this week as well but I think I'll wait til next month now. 

On 22/04/2022 at 18:21, Meathook said:

On 22/04/2022 at 20:01, superjack said:

I jave an s20 myself and an A52 for work, this works on the A52 as well.

cheers, it worked on my works A52

Салатные палочки
22 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Wow! Bet you didn't see that coming.

Screenshot_20220430-113127_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ecbb98b2132fe3da0e45edb4dd315c73.jpg

JudyJudyJudy

I actually love hanging my washing out.  Cant beat the fresh clean air drying your clothes.  Tumble driers run away with the leccy and not exactly environmentally friendly either.  Its a nice day to hing some washing out.  Might do one before going to the match :) 

Dennis Reynolds

York place.

Made even worse by the countless cars/vans using the right hand lane towards St James as a second lane to go straight on.

Lone Striker
9 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

I actually love hanging my washing out.  Cant beat the fresh clean air drying your clothes.  Tumble driers run away with the leccy and not exactly environmentally friendly either.  Its a nice day to hing some washing out.  Might do one before going to the match :) 

Thats true .... but this is Scotland, dear boy.  From November till March, there's sod-all  likelihood of drying anything outside.     Then there's the question of fabric softener if you're doing towels - it tends to degrade the ability of towels to actually dry you.      

Sadly after decades of denying the need for a tumble drier, I've given in and now just chuck the washed towels in the drier to get them "fluffily" dry.  Nice and soft.   No ironing required either. 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Lone Striker said:

Thats true .... but this is Scotland, dear boy.  From November till March, there's sod-all  likelihood of drying anything outside.     Then there's the question of fabric softener if you're doing towels - it tends to degrade the ability of towels to actually dry you.      

Sadly after decades of denying the need for a tumble drier, I've given in and now just chuck the washed towels in the drier to get them "fluffily" dry.  Nice and soft.   No ironing required either. 

Yeah I know what you mean about our weather . My washing was soaking after I came home from the match . Exciting life really 😂 

Jambo_jim2001
2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Yeah I know what you mean about our weather . My washing was soaking after I came home from the match . Exciting life really 😂 

Just a thought I use one off these during the winter time,good old duel fuel fire dries clothes in no time😎 

images (2).jpeg

Harry Potter
23 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Nightmare when a big cloud comes along and soaks it.

JudyJudyJudy
49 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Nightmare when a big cloud comes along and soaks it.

Happened yesterday . 😎

Harry Potter
4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Happened yesterday . 😎

One day my wife told me to keep an eye on the washing, had it in and out 3 times , never again, 

once in it stays in.

JudyJudyJudy
21 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

One day my wife told me to keep an eye on the washing, had it in and out 3 times , never again, 

once in it stays in.

:)

Jambo_jim2001
41 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

had it in and out 3 times , never again, 

once in it stays in.

:oohmatron:

Dennis Reynolds
On 22/04/2022 at 17:04, Dennis Reynolds said:

10 days worth of Roadworks/Tempory lights on the main street and exit of mines. Was only dug up a couple months ago after being completely shut and dug up in 2019. There's also more roadworks planned to start at some time before June about 200ft up the road. Thankfully I work from home so won't be as bad as it could be but it was a nightmare trying to get out already tonight.

Over the 10 days now and there's now no end date. Further roadworks/temp lights have been added further up the road meaning if I turn right out of mines I now have to battle through five sets of lights all within about 600 yards. Believe it or not, it's not great for the flow of traffic.

What an epically shite start to the day. Woke up late as I was working until the early hours, so didn't manage to get a final ticket. Then bumped into the glass screen on the side of my bath for the shower and it came off the runners and fell into the bath exploding and covering the entire bathroom in tiny bits of smashed glass. And when I say everywhere I mean everywhere. If I'd been on the other side it would have hit me head to toe. So a big clean up and the prospect of my day off tomorrow being fitting a new one. Then it turns out they are more expensive than I'd hoped so there goes £100 I could have done without spending and a day at the mercy of delivery drivers times. 

Jambo_jim2001
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

What an epically shite start to the day. Woke up late as I was working until the early hours, so didn't manage to get a final ticket. Then bumped into the glass screen on the side of my bath for the shower and it came off the runners and fell into the bath exploding and covering the entire bathroom in tiny bits of smashed glass. And when I say everywhere I mean everywhere. If I'd been on the other side it would have hit me head to toe. So a big clean up and the prospect of my day off tomorrow being fitting a new one. Then it turns out they are more expensive than I'd hoped so there goes £100 I could have done without spending and a day at the mercy of delivery drivers times. 

Upside if there is one...the money saved not getting a ticket goes towards a new shower screen🙄😔

otterjohn
7 hours ago, Tazio said:

Thats crap pal I might only might have one person in group not going to be able to go I will get  in touch if they can't go

1 hour ago, otterjohn said:

Thats crap pal I might only might have one person in group not going to be able to go I will get  in touch if they can't go

Cheers. Much appreciated. The day finished as it started. Idiot at work does something he’s been told not to and splits his head open so instead of finishing on time I ended up doing first aid and filling in incident paperwork. 
I despair of people sometimes. 

otterjohn
5 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Cheers. Much appreciated. The day finished as it started. Idiot at work does something he’s been told not to and splits his head open so instead of finishing on time I ended up doing first aid and filling in incident paperwork. 
I despair of people sometimes. 

Better days are coming pal

• 3 weeks later...
Dick Dastardly

Absolutely seething with this womans stupidity. First she tries to haggle a stupid amount off the price and she goes and buys a brand new one, £100 more than the one I'm selling. I hope she drops it and smashes the screen first time out the box. 

Screenshot_20220522_135900.jpg

Sooperstar

Edinburgh Airport security this morning. The queue goes down the stairs and the full length of the check in hall, all the way to international arrivals then looping back round again.

Sooperstar
18 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Edinburgh Airport security this morning. The queue goes down the stairs and the full length of the check in hall, all the way to international arrivals then looping back round again.

40 minutes for me to get through fast track. Queue now goes outside the terminal building.

Toddlers who don't sleep.

As I'm on call told my wife she could go in spare room in case I got called to avoid waking her up.

Daughter gets up twice at 1 and 3 and effectively in toddler fashion told me to "**** off and get mummy". 

Second time almost whacked me in the balls when she lashed out.

Couldn't get back to sleep and head is pounding.

I'm going to burst that football I bought her yesterday.

Edited by Costanza

Der Kaiser
6 hours ago, Costanza said:

As I'm on call told my wife she could go in spare room in case I got called to avoid waking her up.

Daughter gets up twice at 1 and 3 and effectively in toddler fashion told me to "**** off and get mummy". 

:greggy:

Konrad von Carstein
9 hours ago, Costanza said:

You'll be delighted to be told that it gets worse as they get older :lol:

Jambo_jim2001
3 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

You'll be delighted to be told that it gets worse as they get older :lol:

And a lot more expensive 🥺🥺

14 hours ago, Costanza said:

I’ve got this to look forward too 😂😂 my son is 7 weeks old 

8 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

:greggy:

Was discussing with my wife that we need to start farming her ou.... sorry embolden stronger relationships with her Aunts and Uncles and break current routine with nights away.

1 hour ago, Stu_HMFC said:

I’ve got this to look forward too 😂😂 my son is 7 weeks old 

You might get lucky and be one of those parents who's kid sleeps absolutely fine. Just don't tell other parents that though 😄

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

When I started parenthood, I liked my own kids and hated everyone else's. Now, after ten years, I hate my own, too :( 

I like to frame this as me having a growth mindset. I've developed as a person :) 

:rofl:

On 23/05/2022 at 06:14, Costanza said:

As I'm finding out, puppies who don't sleep. Picked up the wee man on Saturday morning, and he's been generally pretty good so far. He was settled in the car, he didn't pish everywhere, and seems to have settled in quite nicely.  He's 8 weeks old. 

However, he will not just go to sleep, he's treating it like something to be avoided at all costs.  Instead of lying down and sleeping, he just goes on the rampage, wrecking anything that dares to get within range.  If I go and sit with him for about 30 minutes he will eventually flop down beside me and then reluctantly fall asleep. 

Once he falls asleep, he hasn't stayed asleep for longer than an hour, an hour and a quarter since, before waking up and doing it all over again. He should be sleeping for about 20 hours a day, but there's no way he's getting close to that. 

He might not think he needs to sleep, but I bloody well do.  Oh, and plus, the people we got him from had toddlers who have taught him to bark and whine, so any time he's on his own for longer than 0.3 seconds, he plays us the sounds of his people.  Not giving him any attention doesn't seem to work.

It's not his fault, but... 😠. It's only day 4, so we've got a long, long way to go. I'd just like him to start with sleeping like nature intended. 

Салатные палочки
On 23/05/2022 at 06:14, Costanza said:

Absolute murder. Our wee ones sleep has been a shambles since last January when she went from a cot to a toddler bed. First night she slept right through, the second night she got out during the night and that's been it since. She now doesn't even sleep in her own room and either sleeps in with us in the bed or with one of us on the couch downstairs. She'll probably sleep right through the night once a month at the most. 

She's autistic and that can influence how they sleep (some only sleep for about an hour a day) but add to that she's only three and has endless amounts of energy. She'll usually sleep for about four hours max at night then be up for about four hours before she crashes again. It means she misses a lot of nursery and we're feckin knackered most days. If I'm working in the office the next day her mum will deal with it and I help out at weekends or when I'm working from home. This morning I woke up about 5 for the toilet and heard them downstairs. The wee one was running about like it was 1 in the afternoon and that's been from 2 this morning. She had fell asleep when I left for work but I just got a text to say she has woken up again. Mrs S has had to give up work last summer.  

She gets 4ml of Melatonin at night but that does **** all. Just helps her fall asleep quicker and wake up even earlier. 

I feel for everyone that goes through it. 

A Boy Named Crow
5 hours ago, tian447 said:

As I'm finding out, puppies who don't sleep. Picked up the wee man on Saturday morning, and he's been generally pretty good so far. He was settled in the car, he didn't pish everywhere, and seems to have settled in quite nicely.  He's 8 weeks old. 

However, he will not just go to sleep, he's treating it like something to be avoided at all costs.  Instead of lying down and sleeping, he just goes on the rampage, wrecking anything that dares to get within range.  If I go and sit with him for about 30 minutes he will eventually flop down beside me and then reluctantly fall asleep. 

Once he falls asleep, he hasn't stayed asleep for longer than an hour, an hour and a quarter since, before waking up and doing it all over again. He should be sleeping for about 20 hours a day, but there's no way he's getting close to that. 

He might not think he needs to sleep, but I bloody well do.  Oh, and plus, the people we got him from had toddlers who have taught him to bark and whine, so any time he's on his own for longer than 0.3 seconds, he plays us the sounds of his people.  Not giving him any attention doesn't seem to work.

It's not his fault, but... 😠. It's only day 4, so we've got a long, long way to go. I'd just like him to start with sleeping like nature intended. 

It's too late now, there's no way back,  but the simple advice I'd have given you on Friday,  if you'd only asked is... DON'T GET A BLOODY DOG. You've got years of vet bills, inconvenience and stress ahead of you so  buckle up. Folk will tell you it gets better,  but it doesn't,  the misery just morphs into another form of misery. 

Worst decision we ever made...

Edited by A Boy Named Crow

1 hour ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

It's too late now, there's no way back,  but the simple advice I'd have given you on Friday,  if you'd only asked is... DON'T GET A BLOODY DOG. You've got years of vet bills, inconvenience and stress ahead of you so  buckle up. Folk will tell you it gets better,  but it doesn't,  the misery just morphs into another form of misery. 

I know, I know. The idea of a dog is sometimes better than the reality of having one, but for all the wrecked furniture, pish soaked carpets, and nighttime howling, there are the times they make you smile, and I wouldn't give that up for the world. I've always had dogs growing up, and it just seemed right to get one. 

I am really not looking forward to next week, when I'm working from home and my partner is back at work and out all day, as it means I have to deal with all of the stress on my own. 

He started his proper crate training today, took him 15 minutes of howling like **** before he accepted it and went to sleep. I'm hoping this will start to improve as time goes on, which should make things much easier for leaving him to sleep without worrying about what he's up to.  We're very much of the opinion that the crate is only for sleeping though, it's not somewhere to go when we want rid of him for 15 minutes, or to be used as a punishment. 

Like I said, he's only been in the house for just over 72 hours, and he's come from a chaotic house of 6 other puppies, 3 adult dogs, 3 cats, and 2 toddlers all winding him up, so he's going to have a long way to go before he settles down from that level of stimulation, and having to bark the loudest to be heard. 

il Duce McTarkin
16 minutes ago, tian447 said:

but for all the wrecked furniture, pish soaked carpets, and nighttime howling, there are the times they make you smile, and I wouldn't give that up for the world.

Much the same as young kids tbf.

2 hours ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

My Lab is coming up for 2 about to get her Spayed in June she’s been no bad since we have had her but the carpets have taking a hiding from her will have to replace them when we move out.

Konrad von Carstein
On 24/05/2022 at 07:46, tian447 said:

Get yourself enrolled in puppy classes asap....

Also, they are chancers and will seek attention just like bairns, stay strong, :lol: ours wasn't nearly as bad as you describe when we first got him but there were a few broken night's sleep.

All golden now though in crate (voluntary usually) no later than about 21.45 and he lets us know he's awake between 7-8 am. 

Constantly wants to play fetch or get chased round the house or garden though when he's awake, constantly :(

Edited by Konrad von Carstein

chuck berrys hairline
On 24/05/2022 at 08:28, Salad Fingers said:

Absolute murder. Our wee ones sleep has been a shambles since last January when she went from a cot to a toddler bed. First night she slept right through, the second night she got out during the night and that's been it since. She now doesn't even sleep in her own room and either sleeps in with us in the bed or with one of us on the couch downstairs. She'll probably sleep right through the night once a month at the most. 

She's autistic and that can influence how they sleep (some only sleep for about an hour a day) but add to that she's only three and has endless amounts of energy. She'll usually sleep for about four hours max at night then be up for about four hours before she crashes again. It means she misses a lot of nursery and we're feckin knackered most days. If I'm working in the office the next day her mum will deal with it and I help out at weekends or when I'm working from home. This morning I woke up about 5 for the toilet and heard them downstairs. The wee one was running about like it was 1 in the afternoon and that's been from 2 this morning. She had fell asleep when I left for work but I just got a text to say she has woken up again. Mrs S has had to give up work last summer.  

She gets 4ml of Melatonin at night but that does **** all. Just helps her fall asleep quicker and wake up even earlier. 

I feel for everyone that goes through it. 

You tried lying in a dark room with her? It helps lower their sensory triggers i feel and helps them settle quicker. I do this with my boy but tbh i let him burn out as i can never get a routine going as contact with his mum f*cks it. We just chat shit or make up stories but now he goes to sleep on his own mainly. It takes perseverance and my only asvice is find a routine that suits her not societies norms. Ive never used melatonin and never will i just grind through it. My neighbours teenage girl gets it but seems to be doing more harm than good but i don't know if that's hormonal. 

My seethe my boy got his dick caught in a zipper yesterday playing with his sisters skirts and dresses 😂 thankfully at his mums in Moredun, ERI just down the road 😳. PP still intact and no lasting damage thankfully 😭😅

Autism Rocks 👏🙌

Unknown user
1 minute ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

You tried lying in a dark room with her? It helps lower their sensory triggers i feel and helps them settle quicker. I do this with my boy but tbh i let him burn out as i can never get a routine going as contact with his mum f*cks it. We just chat shit or make up stories but now he goes to sleep on his own mainly. It takes perseverance and my only asvice is find a routine that suits her not societies norms. Ive never used melatonin and never will i just grind through it. My neighbours teenage girl gets it but seems to be doing more harm than good but i don't know if that's hormonal. 

My seethe my boy got his dick caught in a zipper yesterday playing with his sisters skirts and dresses 😂 thankfully at his mums in Moredun, ERI just down the road 😳. PP still intact and no lasting damage thankfully 😭😅

Autism Rocks 👏🙌

Thank God for good parents. He sounds like my teenage nephew who's really coming into his own now but it's taken years of amazing parenting, patience, and great schooling. Strength to you

Robbies right hand man

GP surgery's. 

They are now far too comfortable with phone consultations rather than actually seeing people.

I have a physical issue - rather than see me in person they insisted on calling me. I have been prescribed with antibiotics "to see if that clears

it".

However - it could be one of two problems, which if the second antibiotics won't clear.

Simply seeing me would have identified the actual issue.

Салатные палочки
13 minutes ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Autism Rocks 👏🙌

We've tried many things. We bought her sensory lights for her room, sensory toys, even tried a weighted blanket. Tried lying in her room with her. Tried having her in with us. Tried giving her a bath before bed time. That just delays the process as she hates getting her hair and teeth brushed so she needs time to calm down from that. She doesn't sit for a story so that doesn't work. 

It ended up the only place she would fall asleep eventually was in the living room, either on the couch or on a bed made up on the floor. We had to put a stop to that a couple of months ago as it wasn't doing us any good. Now she is back in sleeping with us and it seems to be working. She woke up about 4ish this morning and went back to sleep at 6 but the night before she slept right through the night. 

We just let her crash out to be honest. There is no point in trying to get her to sleep before she's ready as she'll just have a massive freak-out. She doesn't like the dark either so we have to have the telly on low to soothe her. Usually it's up to bed, she get's her ipad and her headphones for a while (best thing we ever bought her, Pogs headphones. She loves them) and eventually her eyes get heavy, she starts yawning and tosses the earphones away and you know she's ready to sleep. We could move her into her room but then we run the risk of her waking up and that's her awake for another four hours. 

She's non-verbal so it's just about learning to read the signs. Sometimes, if she is in a calm mood, some massaging works. She loves her feet, hands and calves being massaged and that soothes her. 

chuck berrys hairline
37 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Thank God for good parents. He sounds like my teenage nephew who's really coming into his own now but it's taken years of amazing parenting, patience, and great schooling. Strength to you

Thanks bud its amazing what the spectrum teaches you. Single parenting isn't for everyone and now i understand why so many mums are loopy 😜😅

chuck berrys hairline
10 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

We've tried many things. We bought her sensory lights for her room, sensory toys, even tried a weighted blanket. Tried lying in her room with her. Tried having her in with us. Tried giving her a bath before bed time. That just delays the process as she hates getting her hair and teeth brushed so she needs time to calm down from that. She doesn't sit for a story so that doesn't work. 

It ended up the only place she would fall asleep eventually was in the living room, either on the couch or on a bed made up on the floor. We had to put a stop to that a couple of months ago as it wasn't doing us any good. Now she is back in sleeping with us and it seems to be working. She woke up about 4ish this morning and went back to sleep at 6 but the night before she slept right through the night. 

We just let her crash out to be honest. There is no point in trying to get her to sleep before she's ready as she'll just have a massive freak-out. She doesn't like the dark either so we have to have the telly on low to soothe her. Usually it's up to bed, she get's her ipad and her headphones for a while (best thing we ever bought her, Pogs headphones. She loves them) and eventually her eyes get heavy, she starts yawning and tosses the earphones away and you know she's ready to sleep. We could move her into her room but then we run the risk of her waking up and that's her awake for another four hours. 

She's non-verbal so it's just about learning to read the signs. Sometimes, if she is in a calm mood, some massaging works. She loves her feet, hands and calves being massaged and that soothes her. 

Sounds exactly like my wee boy don't stress about it just do whatever makes them happy then that makes your life that bit easier. My sons verbal so i can't offer any advice or tips but hats off too you bro it's gotta be tough. Otherthing we do is midnight walks that seems to tire him and the calmness makes him sleepy. Good luck 🙌