The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

4 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

It’s the missus and boys birthday today. I had bought the missus gift, a very exoensive coat, but she knew about it as she just went shopping with my card. 

Anyway boy gets spoilt, cause, well we can. He has a bunch of presents to open, once he finishes, as the wife has nothing, outside the coat. I give the her a card, which tells her, organised the night away at hotel dinner, cocktails and sitters looks after kids. 

The boy then throws a tantrum, ‘it’s my birthday that’s not fair’.

Anyway after about a hour of stropping, the wife says she’s not up for it. I suggest we wait a couple of hours, see how she feels. 

In meantime, the boy and I fall out after it turns out some of his lying catches up on him. Which have consequences for him, not least making him feel stupid. 

Anyway, in-laws and family round for lunch and general chit chat. Wife’s says changes her mind, couple glasses of fizz in, and says she’ll check with boy but wants to go. 

Two min later boys says no and wife breaking news to me and I’m cancelling night.😡

He’s now sitting upstairs playing Fortnite with his mates online. Whilst she sipping cocktails with her sister and niece in kitchen. 

This was not the ****ing plan. 

ps. I’m severely under influence as a result of busted flush as opposed to busted nut night😔

Am I allowed to say you should give your son a slap.

I'm joking of course.

But I'm also not.

• Replies 20.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Салатные палочки

"Property/Properties" 

Nothing is a house these days, or a flat, or a hall, or a shop. It's all a "property". "He owns a number of properties in the Hammersmith area". You mean he owns some bedsits and a kebab shop? 

There was a couple on the news this morning who had their wedding plans thrown into chaos because the church blew away or something. Anyway, turned out they couldn't have the wedding or reception until an old primary school friend of the woman messaged her and said his friend had a "property" that they could use. Like what? A house? A scout hall? 

1 hour ago, Salad Fingers said:

"Property/Properties" 

Nothing is a house these days, or a flat, or a hall, or a shop. It's all a "property". "He owns a number of properties in the Hammersmith area". You mean he owns some bedsits and a kebab shop? 

There was a couple on the news this morning who had their wedding plans thrown into chaos because the church blew away or something. Anyway, turned out they couldn't have the wedding or reception until an old primary school friend of the woman messaged her and said his friend had a "property" that they could use. Like what? A house? A scout hall? 

maybe a big summer house, some fancy ones now.  sannies in the garden, sun oot, soarted.

49 minutes ago, Tazio said:

The dreadful underuse and incorrect use of the simple comma on this forum. It can make a post difficult to decipher, if not impossible occasionally. 

True, although the overuse and incorrect use of the simple comma can, in essence, be equally difficult to decipher, especially when unnecessary figures of speech are, occasionally, inserted simply to, how can I put it,  increase one's  word count.

:ears:

On 22/02/2022 at 11:19, Harry Potter said:

Another waste of time on that landline, selling loft insulation, no thanks, goodbye.

You do know that answering your own phone is optional, not compulsory?

1 minute ago, Rousset1 said:

You do know that answering your own phone is optional, not compulsory?

compulsory when the mother in law is on the other end ha ha, any way will check caller number next time.

14 hours ago, Tazio said:

The dreadful underuse and incorrect use of the simple comma on this forum. It can make a post difficult to decipher, if not impossible occasionally. 

Yep, like Sky News when Tom Bosley, Howard Cunningham from Happy Days, died. They ran the ticker news with : Happy Days, actor Tom Bosley has died. Totally incorrect use of a comma😆

14 minutes ago, JWL said:

Yep, like Sky News when Tom Bosley, Howard Cunningham from Happy Days, died. They ran the ticker news with : Happy Days, actor Tom Bosley has died. Totally incorrect use of a comma😆

I'll also defend my use of the Oxford comma to the death. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
4 hours ago, JWL said:

Reminds me when Susan Boyle released a new album, and her management tweeted confirmation of the album launch party, with the hashtag #susanalbumparty.

It quickly got removed, as there was no anal bum party. 😂

The Bannon Flick
1 hour ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Reminds me when Susan Boyle released a new album, and her management tweeted confirmation of the album launch party, with the hashtag #susanalbumparty.

It quickly got removed, as there was no anal bum party. 😂

BC334EBC-984C-46C7-8C22-9DCCF557836C.jpeg

Edited by The Bannon Flick

20 hours ago, Tazio said:

Spot on, Taz.

This is a major source of annoyance for me.

Edited by Morgan

British Gas declared a profit yesterday of nearly £1 billion pounds - no doubt the shareholders and BG's executives will share this obscene sum with no thought for the consumer! I wonder how much of this excessive profit was down to savings from fire and re-hire?

Having recently expanded my dog-walking routes to  include a wander through a local cemetery,  the sight of this  provoked a degree of seethe -

th?id=OIP.4it36EdQBsKG3A0um0kpcwHaGk&pid=Api&P=0&w=174&h=154

I had no idea the funeral industry had expanded to the point of allowing  individual club badges on gravestones and flower vases.   There were 3 such "decorated" graves - all huns.  Even the actual flower bunches were red, white & blue, and one of the residents was nicknamed "Billy". A wee UJ planted beside one of them too.

WTF goes through the minds of folk that makes them think this is clever  ?   Just to show off to the living that the bloke 6 feet under was a bigoted uber-fan of the now deceased Glasgow club ?     

On 24/02/2022 at 19:04, Tazio said:

My use of punctuation has always been poor. One of the things that I’m ashamed about myself.

Edited by iantjambo

5 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

My use of punctuation has always been poor. One of the things that I’m ashamed about myself.

I’m not the best when it gets more complicated, annoys me that we weren’t taught it properly in school. The comma is easy though, it’s just a pause really. 

5 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I’m not the best when it gets more complicated, annoys me that we weren’t taught it properly in school. The comma is easy though, it’s just a pause really. 

I like to think that my spelling and use of grammar is good. Punctuation has always been a struggle though.

The comma has always been the biggest struggle for me.

I’ve even avoided using it in this post. Because I don’t know where it should be.

2 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

I like to think that my spelling and use of grammar is good. Punctuation has always been a struggle though.

The comma has always been the biggest struggle for me.

I’ve even avoided using it in this post. Because I don’t know where it should be.

You’re a comma-nay-ist. 

Stuart Lyon

The anti vvehicle charlatans at the CeC are at it again. Back to milk more from the cash cow otherwise down as drivers.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/transport/increased-parking-charges-all-about-punishing-motorists-claim-tories-3590514

They obviously think vehicle owners are a bottomless source of money and don't recognise the significant cost of living increase everyone is experiencing.

45 minutes ago, Stuart Lyon said:

The anti vvehicle charlatans at the CeC are at it again. Back to milk more from the cash cow otherwise down as drivers.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/transport/increased-parking-charges-all-about-punishing-motorists-claim-tories-3590514

They obviously think vehicle owners are a bottomless source of money and don't recognise the significant cost of living increase everyone is experiencing.

They don't even make it easier on themselves, bit's in the story about bigger cars = more emissions which isn't always the case with many newer 2ltr/2ltr+ cars having lower emissions than older 1.6 engines for example, just make the charges scale linked to emissions and not engine size and then the environmental argument actually stacks up somewhat

Just heard on the radio about betting firm 888 being flexible bed almost £10M for failing to do checks on affordability until people made losses of £40k, someone had lost £37k over either 6 or 10 weeks and they did nothing. They also set a deposit limit for an NHS worker who the knew earned £1.4k per month at £1.3 k per month 

Absolute parasites preying on the vulnerable and low paid 

******* clutch has gone on the car 😡

So if you passed a crappy, broken black Ford Focus on the westbound carriage, between Gilmerton and Lasswade junctions, between about 2.45 and half 4. That would be me.

On 01/03/2022 at 12:11, milky_26 said:

Just heard on the radio about betting firm 888 being flexible bed almost £10M for failing to do checks on affordability until people made losses of £40k, someone had lost £37k over either 6 or 10 weeks and they did nothing. They also set a deposit limit for an NHS worker who the knew earned £1.4k per month at £1.3 k per month 

Absolute parasites preying on the vulnerable and low paid 

Add to this... They'll have done affordability checks on those that do well to stop them making money. 

If you make money from bookies your deposits can be way in excess of what you earn. Eg. I used to put over £3k per week through a high street bookie and around £3k per day would go through an exchange. Barred online from the same bookie. 

maroondevo52
On 28/02/2022 at 13:43, Cade said:

gallstones

:seething:

At least you get Keyhole surgery now, I was ripped apart when I had my Gall bladder removed.

Салатные палочки

Everything on social media (and I include Kickback) these days descending into an SNP v Unionist bun fight. 

Ukraine 

David Goodwillie 

Coronavirus

To name a few. 

On the Goodwillie subject, it's hard to work out who the actual villain is. A rapist or someone who was disgusted at her club employing a rapist who's only crime is, in the eyes of some, to be an SNP supporter. 

"Poor guy will end up killing ee'sel aw cos a wee Nasty Nic's pal" 

Grown men and women acting like petulant football fans. It's absolutely ridiculous. 

Harry Potter

Be lovely if radio forth 2 could play some music, adverts, adverts and more adverts, beyond a joke now, heart radio it is. 

The music media itself dry over absolute tosh like Haim (essentially Sheryl Crow, but there's three of them) and Inhaler (sound like a pish U2 tribute act, Bono's son is the lead singer).

These bands are total feckin garbage and just because the luvvies in the London scene like them, they're seriously over-promoted and force-fed to the nation.

:getout:

On 03/03/2022 at 10:51, maroondevo52 said:

At least you get Keyhole surgery now, I was ripped apart when I had my Gall bladder removed.

Aye well that could still happen if surgery is more complicated than planned

:sob:

maroondevo52
13 minutes ago, Cade said:

Aye well that could still happen if surgery is more complicated than planned

:sob:

I remember the Hibs boss Alex Miller was in the bed opposite.

ArcticJambo
16 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

Everything on social media (and I include Kickback) these days descending into an SNP v Unionist bun fight. 

Ukraine 

David Goodwillie 

Coronavirus

To name a few. 

On the Goodwillie subject, it's hard to work out who the actual villain is. A rapist or someone who was disgusted at her club employing a rapist who's only crime is, in the eyes of some, to be an SNP supporter. 

"Poor guy will end up killing ee'sel aw cos a wee Nasty Nic's pal" 

Grown men and women acting like petulant football fans. It's absolutely ridiculous. 

I mean he's probably a witch, but it's hard to argue against it being a witch hunt.

JudyJudyJudy

3 things on my way to the gym

1.  Saw a person driving their car. Phone on hand one hand on wheel. Oblivious almost

2.  When paying by cash in supermarket self  check out. Why do they give you so much small change. Its like a one armed bandit.  ( can on say that now ? Alex maybe enlighten me but he wont see this ) :) 

3.  People overcrowding in the jacuzzi at the gym. Or couples cuddling each other in them.  

Салатные палочки

Why did they feel the need to change the taste/recipe for Stella? Had a pint today and it tastes like Tennants. 

5 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Why did they feel the need to change the taste/recipe for Stella? Had a pint today and it tastes like Tennants. 

Reduced the strength on the UK brewed stuff.

heartsfc_fan
22 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Reduced the strength on the UK brewed stuff.

Yep. Pretty sure it's went from:

5% to 4.8% to 4.6% in a fairly short space of time.

A Boy Named Crow
On 10/03/2022 at 04:40, Salad Fingers said:

I last had a pint of Stella about three years ago,  they were charging $14!!! I preferred it when it was £1.95, about 20p cheaper than Tennents at the time. 

Edited by A Boy Named Crow

3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Blister on my foot after long day in the hills yesterday. Hobbling about like a cripple. Damn my flat feet.

do you wear double skinned socks? if not get a pair as it should reduce any blisters as the rubbing is more sock on sock rather than sock on foot

3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Also, Berghaus boots are leaking worse than Perreira.

Meindl Kibo or Lowa Tibet GTX High for me 👍

On 09/03/2022 at 19:26, Jambo_jim2001 said:

Vet fees🤬🤬

Ah JJ , working in a vets for a wee while now , I can only get in after 6 weekdays ,after 2 Saturday or all day Sunday ,any drilling etc has to be okayed to any pets in ? anyway the stuff you don’t see is ….me turning up half 6-7 Sunday mornings,almost guaranteed someone there ,not paid btw, just because they felt the need to be by the side of someone’s loved one that arrived during the night ♥️

vets fees are grim but if it’s any comfort to you ? The stuff I’ve seen over the last couple of years has been way above the norm , god bless them all 🦮🐈

Jambo_jim2001
1 hour ago, maggieb said:

Ah JJ , working in a vets for a wee while now , I can only get in after 6 weekdays ,after 2 Saturday or all day Sunday ,any drilling etc has to be okayed to any pets in ? anyway the stuff you don’t see is ….me turning up half 6-7 Sunday mornings,almost guaranteed someone there ,not paid btw, just because they felt the need to be by the side of someone’s loved one that arrived during the night ♥️

vets fees are grim but if it’s any comfort to you ? The stuff I’ve seen over the last couple of years has been way above the norm , god bless them all 🦮🐈

First time ever I have had to pay,long story short,50 years having gsd's and same insurance company and vets,no problems till recently..so hence the seeth🤢😳 excellent vets btw and excellent insurance company,but both had a falling out about another client,I will change company when time comes but not the practice..I admire your devotion btw👍👍😎😎

5 minutes ago, Jambo_jim2001 said:

First time ever I have had to pay,long story short,50 years having gsd's and same insurance company and vets,no problems till recently..so hence the seeth🤢😳 excellent vets btw and excellent insurance company,but both had a falling out about another client,I will change company when time comes but not the practice..I admire your devotion btw👍👍😎😎

Feel for you 🤞🏻and thank you ,let’s hope we don’t need them very much soon🤞🏻

On 12/03/2022 at 12:47, Jambo_jim2001 said:

Dog pulling the quilt off my bed when I'm sound asleep under said quilt🥶🥶

I usually get the ******* cat, sticking her tongue up my nose, in the middle of the night.

Jambo_jim2001
39 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

I usually get the ******* cat, sticking her tongue up my nose, in the middle of the night.

🤣🤣🤣🤣 Our wee Siamese does the wife's hair, because you've got a cat watch this guy's YouTube channel mate, it's *** spot on👍👍