The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Double espresso and a half pint of fresh orange first thing in the morning will get things moving along nicely. 

24 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

This, works for me every morning like clockwork.

Usually in the morning, it was a quick Donald Trump (not much, just enough to ease the pressure), shower, breakfast (porridge and lots of tea) then a quick smoke. It was the smoke that then woke up my bowels and I would shift everything.

Sitting with a glass of wine just now, that seemed to make things shift.

• Replies 20.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, superjack said:

Usually in the morning, it was a quick Donald Trump (not much, just enough to ease the pressure), shower, breakfast (porridge and lots of tea) then a quick smoke. It was the smoke that then woke up my bowels and I would shift everything.

A shower before your main dump of the morning? 

21 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Enough fibre in my diet to almost guarantee a ghost poo on week days. Weekend diet is different, shower after all of my other ablutions are complete.

luckyBatistuta
3 hours ago, superjack said:

39CA1A38-E708-4CB8-8DEA-5D38A0F89C9C.gif

Jambo_jim2001
6 hours ago, superjack said:

Been off the smokes for 10 days now, which obviously isn't the seethe. The seethe is I've been struggling to shite properly for the last week. Sitting here now and all that came out was what can only be described as a junior malteser. 

My abs are rock hard, wondering if a good lunch would get things moving. Bought some prunes but waiting until Saturday when I don't need to leave the house. Worried it will tear my arse in 2 though.

Lactulose like a champagne cork,arse like a jap flag for a while though

A Boy Named Crow
On 21/01/2022 at 15:49, luckyBatistuta said:

At least it’s not from Starbucks, always look for a positive 😁

Very true, just had lunch from an independent Japanese place (run by Koreans). Couldn't find a Wagamama though...

11 hours ago, Tazio said:

Double espresso and a half pint of fresh orange first thing in the morning will get things moving along nicely. 

Usually a tea man first thing but dug out my mocca pot for a very large espresso this morning. Actually forgot how much I love the coffee from it.

House phone rings, answers it to listen to the invisible clown on the other end, what wrong with staying on

the line , want rid of this phone, comes with virgin but thinking of binning them, any internet prividers that dont come 

with a phone rental ?.

3 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

House phone rings, answers it to listen to the invisible clown on the other end, what wrong with staying on

the line , want rid of this phone, comes with virgin but thinking of binning them, any internet prividers that dont come 

with a phone rental ?.

Signed up to Talk Talk super fast fibre. Installed last week. Landline totally removed. Openreach installed a box on the wall in my living room having laid a cable under my lawn a month earlier. Got a free eero 6 wifi which plugs in to existing router and effectively handles the WiFi.

Internet speed gone from average 15mbps to 150mbps.

My eldest tells me that large xbox games are downloading in 30 mins but we can actually use cloud gaming. No need to install and play straight online. My xbox is hard wired though.

Been a game changer in my house. Watched the Hearts game on hesgoal and cast it to the TV. Didn't buffer once.

1 minute ago, Der Kaiser said:

Signed up to Talk Talk super fast fibre. Installed last week. Landline totally removed. Openreach installed a box on the wall in my living room having laid a cable under my lawn a month earlier. Got a free eero 6 wifi which plugs in to existing router and effectively handles the WiFi.

My eldest tells me that large xbox games are downloading in 30 mins but we can actually use cloud gaming. No need to install and play straight online. My xbox is hard wired though.

Been a game changer in my house. Watched the Hearts game on hesgoal and cast it to the TV. Didn't buffer once.

cheers bud.

18 hours ago, Tazio said:

Shower after you're first dump! saves on toilet paper. Just don't go having a bath after you're first shite. 

3 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

Sounds ideal, we're sick of Virgin, nefer use the telly, or the land line lol, and the internet is up and down in and out poor throughout most of the house.  Did you sign up for just the broadband, and the Fibre 150 Ultrafast in particular?

34 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

Sounds ideal, we're sick of Virgin, nefer use the telly, or the land line lol, and the internet is up and down in and out poor throughout most of the house.  Did you sign up for just the broadband, and the Fibre 150 Ultrafast in particular?

I got cold called by them and was already with them. Think the guy was surprised I said "Yes I'm interested". I imagine some folk won't like the box blinking on the wall but my curtains kind of hide it. Can't remember how long my contract is but my Internet is stable and my laddies love how fast the xbox is.

It was BT that set it up, drilled the hole outside so there's a small grey box on the outside and the wee white one inside. Took 20 minutes.

The two engineers were telling me that installing fibre means they have 20 years of guaranteed work. Think nearly every new build is getting it.

I'll find the emails. See if there's a recommend deal and PM if there is.

Talk Talk actually messed up the start date of my initial broadband....only by a week or so but they were quite sorry and credited my account by £150. 9 months worth of free broadband!

Read some bad reviews about the eero when trying to connect to Sky but as I say everything is still wired to the original router, the xbox, the sky and my TV. 

They offered my WiFi 6 eero extenders for a little extra each month but the guy from talk talk said the eero 6 is so good that if my house is average (which it is mid terrace, 3 bed) then it will do a good enough job on its own.

Fibre 150

Data Only

29.95 pm

18 month contract.

Free Amazon eero6

(I am not a Talk Talk employee and other broadband suppliers are available)

If you get a better deal I'll officially hate you.

32 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

I got cold called by them and was already with them. Think the guy was surprised I said "Yes I'm interested". I imagine some folk won't like the box blinking on the wall but my curtains kind of hide it. Can't remember how long my contract is but my Internet is stable and my laddies love how fast the xbox is.

It was BT that set it up, drilled the hole outside so there's a small grey box on the outside and the wee white one inside. Took 20 minutes.

The two engineers were telling me that installing fibre means they have 20 years of guaranteed work. Think nearly every new build is getting it.

I'll find the emails. See if there's a recommend deal and PM if there is.

Talk Talk actually messed up the start date of my initial broadband....only by a week or so but they were quite sorry and credited my account by £150. 9 months worth of free broadband!

Read some bad reviews about the eero when trying to connect to Sky but as I say everything is still wired to the original router, the xbox, the sky and my TV. 

They offered my WiFi 6 eero extenders for a little extra each month but the guy from talk talk said the eero 6 is so good that if my house is average (which it is mid terrace, 3 bed) then it will do a good enough job on its own.

29 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Fibre 150

Data Only

29.95 pm

18 month contract.

Free Amazon eero6

(I am not a Talk Talk employee and other broadband suppliers are available)

If you get a better deal I'll officially hate you.

Nice one, DK.  Your set-up in term of family use sounds similar to mine, although I'm trying to encourage them off the XBox/net but hey at the current 60 notesp/m I know I'm being had.  Will look into it a bit more.  Giving them my postcode doesn't seem to be a dead end so hopefully I can say good bye to broadband rage! :lol:

On 20/01/2022 at 21:27, A Boy Named Crow said:

Got up early this morning to take a call from a recruiter about a couple of jobs,  which was really a big nothing. Decided, since I'm up, I might as well get on with some work, but the citrix access for logging in from home is down, and IT haven't bothered there arse with manning the service desk yet (should've been on 25 minutes ago).

So I'm stuck here reading kickback, having had too much coffee to go back to bed.

I had the entire afternoon cherry piking emails at work because citrix didn't work,  and their help desk just raised a ticket and did nothing.  I feel your pain.

Captain Sausage

I’ve got Virgin M500 and I have Eero Pro mesh wifi through the house. Run the virgin hub as a modem and have one eero next to it as my main router. 

I had a rewire done in December so ran cat6 through the house. I have two other eeros connected via Ethernet to the hub and I get the full download speed throughout the house. 

Absolute game changer from before where I got 1 bar of wifi anywhere outside the living room. 

4 hours ago, Captain Sausage said:

I’ve got Virgin M500 and I have Eero Pro mesh wifi through the house. Run the virgin hub as a modem and have one eero next to it as my main router. 

I had a rewire done in December so ran cat6 through the house. I have two other eeros connected via Ethernet to the hub and I get the full download speed throughout the house. 

Absolute game changer from before where I got 1 bar of wifi anywhere outside the living room. 

Sounds like I'm still in the dark ages!  Initial step will be to request an updated modem from Virgin as is their business model, they'll no do f-all until you moan! Think this is the original modem, from 2014! Don't think it's the best. :uhoh2:

Go from there. Probably straight to TT inevitably.

another leaking milk from the shop, does anything get done right these days, clueless, note to self, 

check every product when buying. twice in a week this has happened.

8 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

another leaking milk from the shop, does anything get done right these days, clueless, note to self, 

check every product when buying. twice in a week this has happened.

No use crying over spilt milk!

1 hour ago, Captain Canada said:

People who say "I apologise" rather than saying "I'm sorry." 

It just feels fake and impersonal somehow. 

I think I might have been one of those people on here in the past.

And for that I apologise. 

Captain Canada
Just now, Der Kaiser said:

I think I might have been one of those people on here in the past.

And for that I apologise. 

😄

2 absolute arseholes on my flight home tonight. City boy types, one with a ****ing Juicy Couture carry on case that most label loving females would be embarrassed to be seen with. The other had a Louis Vitton one. The flight was delayed and they turned up in the bar, announced their arrival...you could see the barman's face drop.

The poor people around them on the flight had to put up with their attempts to include them in their humorous banter. The type of obnoxious people you see on the TV that think they're hilarious and are too ignorant to notice that everyone around them thinks they're a pair of dicks.

1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

2 absolute arseholes on my flight home tonight. City boy types, one with a ****ing Juicy Couture carry on case that most label loving females would be embarrassed to be seen with. The other had a Louis Vitton one. The flight was delayed and they turned up in the bar, announced their arrival...you could see the barman's face drop.

The poor people around them on the flight had to put up with their attempts to include them in their humorous banter. The type of obnoxious people you see on the TV that think they're hilarious and are too ignorant to notice that everyone around them thinks they're a pair of dicks.

Easily solution. 

Loudly tell them to grow up, **** off, and stop being a couple of front bottoms.

It's unlikely that they've actually ever been told what the people around them think of them, and will be oblivious to the fact their patter is shite, and everyone within 50 feet of them wishes they would drop dead. 

Do it loudly, and draw attention to them.  Make it as embarrassing as you can for them.  Then you can just simply give it the :smuggy: and enjoy the flight. 

9 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Fat arsed women, who seem to think having a arse with its own post code is attractive. Went to the gym this morning, there was no benches free as a group of fat arsed women, without a weight between are sitting having a conversation and showing each other ****ing TikTok’s. I proceed to get warmed up and still no benches free, so say are they actually using the benches?

I get a glare and one says I’m going to use it in a minute’, I then decide **** this drag a bench across from the cables and start pressing. They then start to start taking pictures of each other and I think me; fortunately one of the instructors put a stop before I did. In the 40min shared time not once did I see any lift a weight. 

Your at the ****ing gym to work, its not a ****ing social club or fashion shows Arseholes to a women and not one of them attractive enough, to mitigate their annoyance of me.

Also cutting weight makes me cranky😂 

I think your last sentence is important here 😁

19 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Fat arsed women, who seem to think having a arse with its own post code is attractive. Went to the gym this morning, there was no benches free as a group of fat arsed women, without a weight between are sitting having a conversation and showing each other ****ing TikTok’s. I proceed to get warmed up and still no benches free, so say are they actually using the benches?

I get a glare and one says I’m going to use it in a minute’, I then decide **** this drag a bench across from the cables and start pressing. They then start to start taking pictures of each other and I think me; fortunately one of the instructors put a stop before I did. In the 40min shared time not once did I see any lift a weight. 

Your at the ****ing gym to work, its not a ****ing social club or fashion shows Arseholes to a women and not one of them attractive enough, to mitigate their annoyance of me.

Also cutting weight makes me cranky😂 

I know youll get this reference :) 

R (17).gif

Dennis Reynolds

Caught a bit of Jeremy Vine talking about young people moaning too much about trying to buy a first home. As someone who very recently went through it, I can confirm it's an absolute nightmare. Apparently young people should be giving up their gym membership and that'll fix it. Nothing to do with house prices being 14x the average salary.

10 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Caught a bit of Jeremy Vine talking about young people moaning too much about trying to buy a first home. As someone who very recently went through it, I can confirm it's an absolute nightmare. Apparently young people should be giving up their gym membership and that'll fix it. Nothing to do with house prices being 14x the average salary.

I couldn't buy my own house right now.

There's equity in it from the original purchase....halved during my divorce.....but I don't think I could buy it now even with my teacher wage. I think I'm unlikey to pay off my mortgage without sacrificing a significant amount of my pension but ultimately I don't care too much as any money in the house can just go to my laddies when I pop my clogs.

When house price rises are far outstripping wage growth, what chance do new buyers have??

You can't save for a deposit as the target you need to hit is pulled further out of reach every year.

Say you want to buy a house in Edinburgh. 

Average price of a house in the city is £293,000.

10% deposit on that means you need to save £29,300.

That's going to take quite a while to get together.

And house prices rose 15% last year.

So now you actually need to save a deposit of £33,695.

So, you need to save an additional £4,395 in this year alone just to keep up, and unless you can do that, you'll never get a deposit together.

With energy prices, food prices and rents all going up faster than wages too, you're getting fecked both ways.

luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, Cade said:

When house price rises are far outstripping wage growth, what chance do new buyers have??

You can't save for a deposit as the target you need to hit is pulled further out of reach every year.

Say you want to buy a house in Edinburgh. 

Average price of a house in the city is £293,000.

10% deposit on that means you need to save £29,300.

That's going to take quite a while to get together.

And house prices rose 15% last year.

So now you actually need to save a deposit of £33,695.

So, you need to save an additional £4,395 in this year alone just to keep up, and unless you can do that, you'll never get a deposit together.

With energy prices, food prices and rents all going up faster than wages too, you're getting fecked both ways.

It’s grim as, really feel sorry for young ones now trying to get on the ladder. Edinburgh council doing nothing to help either, so many of them having to move out to West,Mid,East Lothian as it’s all they can afford.

58 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

at least it is a variation on the bring your own coffee to work nonsense they like to spout.

25 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

It’s grim as, really feel sorry for young ones now trying to get on the ladder. Edinburgh council doing nothing to help either, so many of them having to move out to West,Mid,East Lothian as it’s all they can afford.

We moved out and not even young or on a low wage, i'm 40 and  this year i'll touch into the higher tax bracket and Mrs ribble makes probably half of what i do yet having sold a 1 bed flat in Edinburgh we moved out to dunfermline and got a 3 bed with driveway and front and back garden for about the same if not less than we'd have had to have paid to upsize to a 2 bed flat in Edinburgh.

I've cut my commute to work in half as i'm on the motorway in 5mins rather than 30-35 mins that it can take getting out of Edinburgh and honestly do not miss living in edinburgh for a minute, i'm a ten minute walk to the train station and can be in the city centre in about half an hour anytime I do need to be in Edinburgh

6 minutes ago, Ribble said:

We moved out and not even young or on a low wage, i'm 40 and  this year i'll touch into the higher tax bracket and Mrs ribble makes probably half of what i do yet having sold a 1 bed flat in Edinburgh we moved out to dunfermline and got a 3 bed with driveway and front and back garden for about the same if not less than we'd have had to have paid to upsize to a 2 bed flat in Edinburgh.

I've cut my commute to work in half as i'm on the motorway in 5mins rather than 30-35 mins that it can take getting out of Edinburgh and honestly do not miss living in edinburgh for a minute, i'm a ten minute walk to the train station and can be in the city centre in about half an hour anytime I do need to be in Edinburgh

Me and my partner are still renting at the moment we have a 10yo Daughter and a baby due in April, We know 100% when we have enough money saved for a deposit it won't be Edinburgh we will be living in. More than likely it will be Dunfermline like yourself. The prices are mental in Edinburgh. The issue I will have is my new job I start in a couple of weeks is in the city centre but can work from home, The days I'm in the office if living in Dunfermline will just get the train in wouldn't want to attempt to drive and get hit with that traffic in the morning. 

luckyBatistuta
23 minutes ago, Ribble said:

12 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Me and my partner are still renting at the moment we have a 10yo Daughter and a baby due in April, We know 100% when we have enough money saved for a deposit it won't be Edinburgh we will be living in. More than likely it will be Dunfermline like yourself. The prices are mental in Edinburgh. The issue I will have is my new job I start in a couple of weeks is in the city centre but can work from home, The days I'm in the office if living in Dunfermline will just get the train in wouldn't want to attempt to drive and get hit with that traffic in the morning. 

I understand moving out of Edinburgh for better value, but still find it quite sad seeing youngsters who’s families have lived in Edinburgh for generations now having to move out. Loads of properties in Edinburgh city centre now owned by people who don’t even live in the UK😞

41 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I understand moving out of Edinburgh for better value, but still find it quite sad seeing youngsters who’s families have lived in Edinburgh for generations now having to move out. Loads of properties in Edinburgh city centre now owned by people who don’t even live in the UK😞

Same here. Its almost ethnic cleansing and gentrification in Edinburgh now. Sad times.

Back to seethe.  When your walking along the street and coming towards you is some arsehole glued to their phone oblivious to the fact they are about to walk right into you....arghh

I literally stop in my tracks, about ten feet away, if two or three (or more) are walking side by side.

Edited by ArcticJambo

53 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Eventually that has to put pressure on places like Dunfermline and prices will rise? Happened out our way in the East. Basically get into an affordable, nice part of the country whilst you can. 

Edited by Gizmo

2 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Kirstie Allsop has the solution. Just be born to a ****ing rich Daddy. 

The Bannon Flick

Probably been covered already but I’ve got two supermarket related gripes after a visit to Tesco last night.

1. I had two items that came to £3.10. When paying at the self serve checkout the payment screen came up with the option to ‘round up’ my payment to £4 and Tesco will donate the 90p to charity - wtf?

2. Also at the self serve checkout the person in front had a basket overflowing with about 25 items - get to the normal checkout ya chancer ! There should be a limit. 

Edited by The Bannon Flick

10 minutes ago, The Bannon Flick said:

Probably been covered already but I’ve got two supermarket related gripes after a visit to Tesco last night.

1. I had two items that came to £3.10. When paying at the self serve checkout the payment screen came up with the option to ‘round up’ my payment to £4 and Tesco will donate the 90p to charity - wtf?

2. Also at the self serve checkout the person in front had a basket overflowing with about 25 items - get to the normal checkout ya chancer ! There should be a limit. 

You missed the worst one. People that go to the kiosk with an overflowing basket. It’s meant to be for lottery tickets, tobacco, and snacks. Not your weekly shop you fat sweatpants wearing mess (this is usual). And especially if you just want a lottery ticket and they wobble up at 7.20. 

14 minutes ago, The Bannon Flick said:

I read something years ago which suggested these companies who ask for charitable donations will already have committed a certain amount to said charity(ies). So when you give them the money the charity are likely not getting any more cash than they would have if you had just kept your money for yourself.*

*Disclaimer that over time I'm sure companies would reduce their charitable donations if customers changed their habits and stopped contributing towards them.

The Bannon Flick
10 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

I read something years ago which suggested these companies who ask for charitable donations will already have committed a certain amount to said charity(ies). So when you give them the money the charity are likely not getting any more cash than they would have if you had just kept your money for yourself.*

*Disclaimer that over time I'm sure companies would reduce their charitable donations if customers changed their habits and stopped contributing towards them.

Thanks for that - wasn’t aware.

Just feels like bully boy tactics from the big business onto their customers. I’ll decide when and how much I’ll donate to charity thanks very much - also all very murky as to how the customer is confident that the money they are donating gets to the charity.

A bit like the trolley behind the checkout for customers to donate to food banks. Having worked in supermarkets I’m well aware of how much stock you have sitting in your warehouses / depots & stores

Jambo_jim2001
On 07/02/2022 at 13:13, Gizmo said:

Eventually that has to put pressure on places like Dunfermline and prices will rise? Happened out our way in the East. Basically get into an affordable, nice part of the country whilst you can. 

2 bed semi detached street next to me went for 60 odd grand,3 bed semi-detached house round corner getting ready to go on market for approx 70 to 80 grand,the joys of being out in the sticks