The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

On 13/03/2022 at 20:51, Jambo_jim2001 said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣 Our wee Siamese does the wife's hair, because you've got a cat watch this guy's YouTube channel mate, it's *** spot on👍👍 

It's bang on the money. Could never seethe at my cats but when you get a cold, wet nose in your eye at 3.00 in the morning it's a serious FFS moment. Then you eventually find something they like to eat and the whole charade is repeated 2 hours later. Cute as feck though.

• Replies 20.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JudyJudyJudy
41 minutes ago, Tazio said:

There should be a ceiling on how many GIFs per week (day?) can be used. 

image-23-10-21-11-03-4.gif

A neighbour’s car alarm on his fancy BMW has been going off at 5 minute intervals for the last hour. 30 seconds of the horn blasting away. 
Would I be better with a wood or a 7 iron when I snap and go out and smash the shite out of it? 

58 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Adults still believing in chemtrails. 

i had to google that, never heard it before.

Harry Potter
On 19/03/2022 at 17:03, milky_26 said:

i had to google that, never heard it before.

Never heard of it, going to write a book on my work, found a pair o pants , tbf off the forecourt lol.

honestly could not make it up. i love my job😀.

JudyJudyJudy

Watching “ a new place in the sun “ on tv . British people moving to places in Europe to start up a business . This season has been a catch up on the business’s in the last 2 years . Still some of them haven’t learnt the language of their chosen country ! 😨😡

2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Watching “ a new place in the sun “ on tv . British people moving to places in Europe to start up a business . This season has been a catch up on the business’s in the last 2 years . Still some of them haven’t learnt the language of their chosen country ! 😨😡

That old “British Mentality” why should I, They should all speak English to me 😂

I post my ex mother in law down south little food packages occasionally of biscuits and sweets that she likes that are only available in Scotland. As it’s her birthday I bought a load and packaged them up in a box to post today to get to her by her birthday on Wednesday. £18 on the things in the box and a couple of quid on a nice card to put in the box. 
Went to the post office and to guarantee delivery on Wednesday it cost £17.50!! Or to have it sent as signed for would have been £26. 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Stu_HMFC said:

That old “British Mentality” why should I, They should all speak English to me 😂

Oh it’s just so rude and ignorant . Embarrassing watching them . Poor business sense too. Imagine going to an English hotel and the owners couldn’t speak English ? 

4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Oh it’s just so rude and ignorant . Embarrassing watching them . Poor business sense too. Imagine going to an English hotel and the owners couldn’t speak English ? 

I agree, James

We found out the hard way that if you don't speak French here, or at least make an attempt, they just pretend that they haven't got a clue what you're on about.

Plus, it's only good manners.

When in Rome...

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Morgan said:

I agree, James

We found out the hard way that if you don't speak French here, or at least make an attempt, they just pretend that they haven't got a clue what you're on about.

When in Rome...

Yes its only good manners to learn the language.  I have noted that the people who have attempted to or have actually learned the language are those who have settled in France.  There is a lovely couple who now have a restaurant in the Dordogne region.  They now speak fluent French.  However  there is another couple who set up a motor home hire company in France about 5 years ago and are now only attempting to learn French. Surely it should be a priority. They could have learnt the lingo during lockdown.  ?  

Edited by JamesM48

Konrad von Carstein
37 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Bus drivers, and anyone working with the public for that matter, who don't respond to common courtesy such as a "hi" or "good morning" with a response. Life's shite enough without treating each other with disdain and/or indifference.

This your first time on JKB?

:cowboy:

Konrad von Carstein
17 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Sometimes I wish it was, Konnie. 

Know what you mean, can be a hard slog on here at times....

Captain Slog
1 hour ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Know what you mean, can be a hard slog on here at times....

Only when @Dorothy is on

Harry Potter

Turned right off the Glasgow road this morning on to Craigs gardens, spotted a dustbin motor on the opposite side on the top of the hill, parked cars on left hand side so waited to let dustbin motor past,

4x4 behind me overtakes me to squeeze past dustbin motor, :facepalm:, beyond me.:jj_facepalm:.Not an isolated case. mups.

On 21/03/2022 at 17:36, Morgan said:

I agree, James

When in Rome...

When in Rome...don't try speaking French?

10 minutes ago, Boof said:

When in Rome...don't try speaking French?

:facepalm:

I know!  I could have worded it better.

Салатные палочки

Ebay. 

What a pain in the arse it is now since they ditched PayPal. And the fees they are taking off now are ridiculous. 

Facebook. I know it’s not everyone’s cup of tea. But for me, it’s a great chance to stay in touch with friends and family that live abroad.

last Monday, someone on a page I follow, posted a picture of an Australian huntsman spider, on a house wall. This thing was ******* massive. Being petrified of spiders, I commented “I would burn the house down and start over”. Facebook banned me, pretty much immediately. I appealed the ban. Facebook admitted they made a mistake and removed the ban. Nearly a week later; they gave me a 30 day ban, for the same feckin’ post!

Arseholes!

il Duce McTarkin
2 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Facebook. I know it’s not everyone’s cup of tea. But for me, it’s a great chance to stay in touch with friends and family that live abroad.

last Monday, someone on a page I follow, posted a picture of an Australian huntsman spider, on a house wall. This thing was ******* massive. Being petrified of spiders, I commented “I would burn the house down and start over”. Facebook banned me, pretty much immediately. I appealed the ban. Facebook admitted they made a mistake and removed the ban. Nearly a week later; they gave me a 30 day ban, for the same feckin’ post!

Arseholes!

I got a ban on valentines day for a poor taste "12 red roses" meme of Rose West that I'd posted 4 years ago.

Rupert Pupkin
8 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Arseholes!

Yeah it’s beyond a joke… Posted a pic of something and a friend commented “Where did you get that?”

I replied “If I told you I’d have to kill you”

30 day ban for threatening behaviour..🤷🏻🤷🏻🤷🏻

8 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Woken up at 5-30 by a low flying helicopter, whats that all about.

That the day up near the hospital? 😂 woman I work with said there was one over her house about 530 this morning absolute sh@t it.

She lives behind the royal said it was a chopper going to the royal someone must of been airlifted . If it was the same time as you were woken up and in that area there is your answer 😂 

Edited by Stu_HMFC

9 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Woken up at 5-30 by a low flying helicopter, whats that all about.

1 hour ago, Stu_HMFC said:

That the day up near the hospital? 😂 woman I work with said there was one over her house about 530 this morning absolute sh@t it.

She lives behind the royal said it was a chopper going to the royal someone must of been airlifted . If it was the same time as you were woken up and in that area there is your answer 😂 

do you work with potters mrs?

Harry Potter
1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

do you work with potters mrs?

Im in Drumbrae lol, 😄. honestly i thought this was coming in my room, shat it.

Cant have been the only one on here to hear it, 

Edited by Harry Potter

A Boy Named Crow
5 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Im in Drumbrae lol, 😄. honestly i thought this was coming in my room, shat it.

Cant have been the only one on here to hear it, 

That'd be quite an escalation in JKB mod tactics. No more thread bans etc, nope, just a strike team through your bedroom window in the dead of night, then off to some deniable military facility...

To be fair, some of you know you've got it coming!

Harry Potter
8 hours ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

That'd be quite an escalation in JKB mod tactics. No more thread bans etc, nope, just a strike team through your bedroom window in the dead of night, then off to some deniable military facility...

To be fair, some of you know you've got it coming!

Quiet this morning tbf. 

A Boy Named Crow
2 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Quiet this morning tbf. 

Just the lull before the storm. Stay vigilant, Harold!

Edited by A Boy Named Crow

Салатные палочки

People posting pictures of innocent people, without their knowledge, on Facebook or Twitter for laughs. It has to be one of the lowest forms of wit. 

I seen one posted by one of these English football "banter" groups of a lad at the England game in a full kit with shin pads on. People are tearing into him from all angles.  He wasn't with a group of lads or anything and was standing himself. I immediately thought, this lad might be autistic. It might not be the case but even if he isn't, if that's how he wants to leave the house then fair enough. 

I would love to see the state of some of the people that run these groups. Stop taking pictures of innocent people in public and posting them online for your jollies. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

Two annoying things in one day. First my watch strap snapped when I put it on this morning. Now I am getting a message that the RTC battery on my old trusty laptop is faulty and it just turns off before booting up.

When you do a daft placepot on the better odds runners and you keep getting winners and to make it worse,  the favourites keep sneaking a place.

:tlj:

2 hours ago, Victorian said:

When you do a daft placepot on the better odds runners and you keep getting winners and to make it worse,  the favourites keep sneaking a place.

:tlj:

Did it win?

11 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Have you worked out what would have been less annoying yet?

I remember an occasion from many years ago when there was a meeting on the all weather at Southwell with really small fields.  All 3s and 4s and 5s.  The first 5 favs all won.  I went into the bookies after work and fancied the outsider of 4 in the 6th.  Maybe about 8s or so.  I put a small bet on it and it won.  Later on I found out the placepot had paid over £600 with 5 favs winning and me on the rag on the last leg.  

Doing a shop in Sainsbury's earlier and needed some tomato puree and worcester sauce along with  few other things. Everything in a different place from where it was at the weekend. Was up and down the aisles like I was doing some strip the willow dance. Arseholes.

1 minute ago, JWL said:

Doing a shop in Sainsbury's earlier and needed some tomato puree and worcester sauce along with  few other things. Everything in a different place from where it was at the weekend. Was up and down the aisles like I was doing some strip the willow dance. Arseholes.

This 100%

2 hours ago, JWL said:

Done on purpose to get you to spend more time, and probably buy more stuff.

I buy less out of spite whenever I notice they've done this.  A complete pain in the arse, and I just get exactly what I've come in for.

A Boy Named Crow
4 hours ago, JWL said:

1 hour ago, tian447 said:

Done on purpose to get you to spend more time, and probably buy more stuff.

I buy less out of spite whenever I notice they've done this.  A complete pain in the arse, and I just get exactly what I've come in for.

Yup, deginitely a ploy to encourage impulse buys.

I have long running seethe with Aldi, and their desire not to be a modern supermarket,  but rather a throwback to how shops were decades ago. If you go there with a decent list of things (nothing out of the ordinary, just normal groceries) there will always be a few things you need to go to another shop for. So I have a new rule, if I can't find everything I went in for easily, I buy nothing from them and go somewhere else. I used to buy bits and pieces from them,  then top up at better shops, but I realised I was just enabling their piss-poor business model.

SectionDJambo
On 30/03/2022 at 22:12, JWL said:

I’m retired from working in a major supermarket. Not Sainsbury.

It was originally, of course, a ploy to take people to products they didn’t normally buy, as when customers got familiar with the areas of the store that their targeted items were, they wouldn’t go into the other areas. However, it was eventually realised that big moves really annoyed customers and became a barrier to them being loyal to the company. Most people, especially men, want to be in and out as quickly as possible.  
I believe that although there may still be restricted moves within an aisle, supermarkets tend not to make massive moves of products to different areas.

I’m surprised that Sainsbury are still doing it. It costs too much time and labour when labour resources are being squeezed to unmanageable levels.

7 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

I’m retired from working in a major supermarket. Not Sainsbury.

It was originally, of course, a ploy to take people to products they didn’t normally buy, as when customers got familiar with the areas of the store that their targeted items were, they wouldn’t go into the other areas. However, it was eventually realised that big moves really annoyed customers and became a barrier to them being loyal to the company. Most people, especially men, want to be in and out as quickly as possible.  
I believe that although there may still be restricted moves within an aisle, supermarkets tend not to make massive moves of products to different areas.

I’m surprised that Sainsbury are still doing it. It costs too much time and labour when labour resources are being squeezed to unmanageable levels.

I understand why they've done it in the past but, as with yourself, really surprised that they are still doing it. It actually made me forget one of the items I was going in for. I think someone earlier said that they'd buy less just out of spite and I fully get where they are coming from. Just no requirement to do this when money is so tight and lots of people are basically on the breadline. Maybe these posts should go on the shameless profiteering thread.