The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

Libertonian_ii01

Got my shiny new white car on Wednesday only to find that the seagulls had been using it for target practice on the way home. Also noticed the stop start function wasn't working so have to take back to garage on Tuesday where they  want £20 for a courtesy car. Add that to the £70 I'm losing for having to give up a shift at work......???

• Replies 20.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Libertonian_ii01 said:

Got my shiny new white car on Wednesday only to find that the seagulls had been using it for target practice on the way home. Also noticed the stop start function wasn't working so have to take back to garage on Tuesday where they  want £20 for a courtesy car. Add that to the £70 I'm losing for having to give up a shift at work......???

With the stop start thing it may just be your driving style. Mine never comes on for me, but when she drives it it kicks in regularly.

Nookie Bear

The stop/ start issue may be linked to the battery (the car switches off the process to conserve battery power), although I have heard it may be linked to cold weather as well. 

Mother’s Day. All the long, gushing public posts of love and adoration on social media. Just give them a chuffing card and a present like a normal person. 

6 minutes ago, Helzibob said:

Mother’s Day. All the long, gushing public posts of love and adoration on social media. Just give them a chuffing card and a present like a normal person. 

It's the ones who make a gushing post about their dead mum that annoy me.

6 minutes ago, Herbert said:

It's the ones who make a gushing post about their dead mum that annoy me.

Totally agree. If their mum died young I can totally understand how difficult Mother’s Day must be but someone I know wished her mum a heavenly mother’s day. She was 89 when she died. 

Daylight savings.

It's the 21st century FFS.

If farmers want extra hours of sun they can feckin well set an earlier alarm.

Why should my life be turned upside down twice a year for some olde worlde gobshite about clocks changing.

Edited by Cade

7 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

Wait until the messages from pets start.......

I just saw a post wishing a happy mother's day to all the fur mums who have kids with 4 legs and fur.

FFS it's a dug. Just because you're too ugly to persuade someone to ride you and give you a real kid doesn't give you an excuse to be mental.

Unknown user
45 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I just saw a post wishing a happy mother's day to all the fur mums who have kids with 4 legs and fur.

FFS it's a dug. Just because you're too ugly to persuade someone to ride you and give you a real kid doesn't give you an excuse to be mental.

To be fair there were a few of them at Dalkeith High.

On 29/03/2019 at 10:05, 3fingersreid said:

3 , yes THREE sets of roadworks , which in turn means 3 sets of temporary traffic lights between Corstorphine high st (at the pub) down Saughton Road North to the junction of Stenhouse and Broomhouse drives ( maybe half to three quarters of a mile ?) . Throw in the temporary roadworks at Broomhouse Road and it adds up to chaos . 

Just for fun there’s also a Gorgie road closure at night . 

???????

I know a man who’s top notch at dealing with unnecessary road works.

qgdD8DH.gif

Harry Potter
On 31/03/2019 at 16:05, Tazio said:

Bit harsh that ☺️☺️

Weddings, 3 emails already from Mrs Ribble (to be) this morning, we only got engaged 3 weeks ago and at the very earliest the wedding is 3 years away. 'Can you please just have a quick look and tell me what you think?' I think I don't care when it's 3 years away and it definitely can wait until I'm not at work!

26 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Weddings, 3 emails already from Mrs Ribble (to be) this morning, we only got engaged 3 weeks ago and at the very earliest the wedding is 3 years away. 'Can you please just have a quick look and tell me what you think?' I think I don't care when it's 3 years away and it definitely can wait until I'm not at work!

Tip of the iceberg my friend.

Enjoy the next three years :rofl:

On 29/03/2019 at 22:30, Libertonian_ii01 said:

My car won't Stop/Start until the engine is sufficiently warm.  Usually happens after a mile or so, once the blue engine light has gone off.  Could be something similar?

tokyowalnut
4 hours ago, Ribble said:

Jesus, you have a long 3 years ahead. That's even before she has your balls in a vice until you're worm food.

Godspeed, Ribble!

Libertonian_ii01
On 30/03/2019 at 11:48, Nookie Bear said:

The stop/ start issue may be linked to the battery (the car switches off the process to conserve battery power), although I have heard it may be linked to cold weather as well. 

On 30/03/2019 at 10:11, Sooperstar said:

With the stop start thing it may just be your driving style. Mine never comes on for me, but when she drives it it kicks in regularly.

4 hours ago, tian447 said:

My car won't Stop/Start until the engine is sufficiently warm.  Usually happens after a mile or so, once the blue engine light has gone off.  Could be something similar?

The garage have charged the battery. Apparently it will 'kick in' in a couple of days?

6 hours ago, Ribble said:

Mine is in July. I done the initial stuff, booking venues etc then decided I would leave the details to her. Still get the work time pictures through WhatsApp. 'Aye, looks fine.'

1 hour ago, Libertonian_ii01 said:

The garage have charged the battery. Apparently it will 'kick in' in a couple of days

Could be a number of reasons for the Stop/Start not working, but that sounds like a classic case of the garage going "we don't have a clue, let's get him out of here" :lol:

It either works or it doesn't!  I'd seek a second opinion! 

Harry Potter
On 02/04/2019 at 11:45, Ribble said:

For the 2nd time radio Forth saying its going to be 17 C  today, no its 9C, ragin, seethin.:jj_facepalm:

1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

For the 2nd time radio Forth saying its going to be 17 C  today, no its 9C, ragin, seethin.:jj_facepalm:

I'm off to Warsaw on Thursday, it's 21c today and only 8c on Thursday.  :seething:

Harry Potter
45 minutes ago, graygo said:

I'm off to Warsaw on Thursday, it's 21c today and only 8c on Thursday.  :seething:

Can feel your seeth bud, anyway enjoy your trip.

1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

Can feel your seeth bud, anyway enjoy your trip.

Cheers, I will.

I'm meeting up with an old workmate from down south for a few days on the piss so I suppose the weather won't matter too much.

Gutted about missing the semi final though :( 

6 hours ago, graygo said:

Same with me but for Berlin.

All roads lead to Gorgie

The type of hand dryers that you drop your hands down into. They always spray water droplets upwards into your face. I know it is mostly water from your own hands but I can't help thinking some of it might be from some manky Joe Blogs that gives soap a wide berth?

All roads lead to Gorgie
8 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

They probably took the reading 'Inside' the Forth building. ? 

Harry Potter
1 hour ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

They probably took the reading 'Inside' the Forth building. ? 

That would explain it bud.☺️

1 hour ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

The type of hand dryers that you drop your hands down into. They always spray water droplets upwards into your face. I know it is mostly water from your own hands but I can't help thinking some of it might be from some manky Joe Blogs that gives soap a wide berth?

Those are disgusting when you look in the bottom of them.

Mind you, they replaced them in one building I use with the newer dyson dryers and they don't dry your hands before the automatic cut-off. The air that comes out is also absolutely freezing. Can't just be me that stands there feeling stupid and end up giving up and drying my now frozen hands on my clothes. 

These *******s:

dyson_v_dryer.png

Absolutely bobbins! And you still get the pool of drips, just on the bathroom floor instead of inside the dryer housing...

10 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Loving the tenuous link between weddings and the Radio Forth weather forecast!

:shocked666:

24 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Mind you, they replaced them in one building I use with the newer dyson dryers and they don't dry your hands before the automatic cut-off. The air that comes out is also absolutely freezing. Can't just be me that stands there feeling stupid and end up giving up and drying my now frozen hands on my clothes. 

These *******s:

dyson_v_dryer.png

Absolutely bobbins! And you still get the pool of drips, just on the bathroom floor instead of inside the dryer housing...

The ‘blade’ dryers take some beating.

15 seconds and your paws are as dry as a nuns chuff.

I believe. :) 

On the London train and the ****ing card machine in the booze and crisps car is broken so it’s cash only. And I’ve only got 55p in my pocket. I knew I should have brought my own with me. 

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

The ‘blade’ dryers take some beating.

15 seconds and your paws are as dry as a nuns chuff.

I believe. :) 

These ones haven't been set up right then as everyone seems to stomp off in annoyance at their failure.

19 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

These ones haven't been set up right then as everyone seems to stomp off in annoyance at their failure.

No, not the ones you were referring to, they’re crap. I agree with you on them.

I was meaning the ones that you lower your mitts into and, by the time you’ve pulled them out slowly, you’re as dry as a bone

The Dyson ones?  (below). You could stand there all feckin day and still end up wiping your hands on your jeans.

BA783E7E-1C39-4DD6-B113-B4EA01AF3560.png

All roads lead to Gorgie
3 hours ago, Gizmo said:

These *******s:

dyson_v_dryer.png

I have been in places where none of the dryers work and they just provide a big roll of paper towels in replacement. Much better and way more affective than dryers with as much puff as Vanacek chasing a long ball :)

luckyBatistuta
5 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I have been in places where none of the dryers work and they just provide a big roll of paper towels in replacement. Much better and way more affective than dryers with as much puff as Vanacek chasing a long ball :)

:rofl:

All roads lead to Gorgie
4 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Sorry I was being a bit harsh on the dryers there ?

Libertonian_ii01
On 02/04/2019 at 20:05, tian447 said:

Could be a number of reasons for the Stop/Start not working, but that sounds like a classic case of the garage going "we don't have a clue, let's get him out of here" :lol:

It either works or it doesn't!  I'd seek a second opinion! 

That's what I thought. It's still not working but as it's a new car they should bloody well fix it!

Spam ****ing phone calls. 

I've had an absolute surge of phone calls the past few weeks, and it's doing my head in.  5 or 6 calls a day, all from a variety of supposed land-line or mobile numbers, and only ever the same one twice before I get a call from one that's very similar. 

They never leave messages, and if you do pick up, they instantly hang up. What's the actual ****ing point?  I block the numbers, and I can see in my call logs that they try and phone again, but get instantly blocked, so they just move on to the next number and phone again. 

My phone number is registered with the TPS, but it doesn't make a bit of difference to these clowns. Arseholes. 

12 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Sorry I was being a bit harsh on the dryers there ?

4 hours ago, tian447 said:

Spam ****ing phone calls. 

I've had an absolute surge of phone calls the past few weeks, and it's doing my head in.  5 or 6 calls a day, all from a variety of supposed land-line or mobile numbers, and only ever the same one twice before I get a call from one that's very similar. 

They never leave messages, and if you do pick up, they instantly hang up. What's the actual ****ing point?  I block the numbers, and I can see in my call logs that they try and phone again, but get instantly blocked, so they just move on to the next number and phone again. 

My phone number is registered with the TPS, but it doesn't make a bit of difference to these clowns. Arseholes. 

I bought a pair of these. Instant bliss.

BV9S_7E3B9057-100D-4B21-AE64-DBE6D3A3390

41 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

I bought a pair of these. Instant bliss.

BV9S_7E3B9057-100D-4B21-AE64-DBE6D3A3390

Doesn't help when it's my mobile! 

Every phone call is flagged as potential spam by the Samsung Smart Call thing, which helps, but **** me it's annoying!!! 

Sodding train gets as far as Newcastle with no problems and then we’re told it’s being diverted via Carlisle due to dodgy signals/points/both/cows on the track or whatever. Either way it means I won’t get home I time for the champions league kick off. 

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Sodding train gets as far as Newcastle with no problems and then we’re told it’s being diverted via Carlisle due to dodgy signals/points/both/cows on the track or whatever. Either way it means I won’t get home I time for the champions league kick off. 

GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dick.

I’m recording it so will do a Likely Lads and avoid knowing the score. 

And if there is a goal at the start I’ll be recommending to the mods that you get a hefty ban. 

Dick. 

luckyBatistuta
16 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Dick.

I’m recording it so will do a Likely Lads and avoid knowing the score. 

And if there is a goal at the start I’ll be recommending to the mods that you get a hefty ban. 

Dick. 

I had that typed out not long after you posted, so that it was ready to go the second that they kicked off. It was 1 second in to the game???

19 hours ago, tian447 said:

Doesn't help when it's my mobile! 

Every phone call is flagged as potential spam by the Samsung Smart Call thing, which helps, but **** me it's annoying!!! 

Yeah stuff like Truecaller is better than nothing but seems much harder to screen on mobile. 

17 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I had that typed out not long after you posted, so that it was ready to go the second that they kicked off. It was 1 second in to the game???

:lol:

::troll::

luckyBatistuta
12 minutes ago, tian447 said:

:lol:

::troll::

Seemed really funny at the time of planning it (big kid)  but when he posted his rant, I felt a bit bad

well, not really :rofl: