The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

2 hours ago, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

Flight prices are seethe inducing.  I'm hoping to get back to Scotland for a week in December, catch a Hearts game and go see Deacon Blue in Glasgow.  If i want, i can spend 15-18 hours traveling from here to Boston to Dublin to Glasgow for $850 or can spend $1300 traveling from here to Amsterdam to Edinburgh and spend 11 hours doing so.  This is what it's like every friggin time we're looking to book flights. Airlines are *******s. 

i've got a friend who has just moved to washington with his wife and two young kids. They have to fly back to the uk in december for his sisters wedding and they were initially quoted £4k for flights.

• Replies 20.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sat on the train and the girl next to me has spent the last 10 minutes covering her legs and arms in body lotion. There’s a time and a place for lubing up and sat beside me on public transport is neither.

Jambos_1874
12 hours ago, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

Flight prices are seethe inducing.  I'm hoping to get back to Scotland for a week in December, catch a Hearts game and go see Deacon Blue in Glasgow.  If i want, i can spend 15-18 hours traveling from here to Boston to Dublin to Glasgow for $850 or can spend $1300 traveling from here to Amsterdam to Edinburgh and spend 11 hours doing so.  This is what it's like every friggin time we're looking to book flights. Airlines are *******s. 

Fly from TF Green Airport (1 hr from Boston) direct to Edinburgh with Norwegian Air; flights are dirt cheap. When I do that the outbound flight is normally around £200 and the inbound flight is around £80. That's a bloody good deal.

7 hours ago, Helzibob said:

Sat on the train and the girl next to me has spent the last 10 minutes covering her legs and arms in body lotion. There’s a time and a place for lubing up and sat beside me on public transport is neither.

:jjyay:

Craig Gordons Gloves
18 hours ago, Helzibob said:

I got Edinburgh to Miami return for £335 inc tax. Pretty chuffed with that deal. 

I used to work in the travel industry, prices shoot up about 10/12 Dec. Try earlier. Also look at mid week flights, they tend to be cheaper. 

These are midweek flights and i can't go earlier than the 12th - hence the seethe! 

Craig Gordons Gloves
7 hours ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Fly from TF Green Airport (1 hr from Boston) direct to Edinburgh with Norwegian Air; flights are dirt cheap. When I do that the outbound flight is normally around £200 and the inbound flight is around £80. That's a bloody good deal.

I've still got to get to that airport and then back to Minneapolis and the flight prices to do that aren't cheap or particularly good timing. 

Jambos_1874
50 minutes ago, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

I've still got to get to that airport and then back to Minneapolis and the flight prices to do that aren't cheap or particularly good timing. 

What about flying to somewhere in Canada, then on to Edinburgh? I'm sure Air Transat do cheap flights (although I've heard they are shite).

9 hours ago, Helzibob said:

You are probably going to get a whole range of responses to this rather terrific post.

Like :bwcornette:

The flap bits you're meant to pull on plastic food packaging. Utterly pointless. 

I can probably count on one hand the number of times that actually work and I don't resort to cutting them open. 

chester copperpot
9 hours ago, Helzibob said:

:oohmatron:

2 hours ago, Morgan said:

You are probably going to get a whole range of responses to this rather terrific post.

Like :bwcornette:

Yeah I kind of knew I’d get the response I did. Still.......she shouldn’t have done it! ??

4 hours ago, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

These are midweek flights and i can't go earlier than the 12th - hence the seethe! 

I get you. Sadly it’s basic supply and demand. Everyone wants to travel in the couple of weeks before Christmas and everyone wants to travel on weekends to minimise the time taken off work. I’ve always done the same. I was just stunned by the difference when travelling mid week, it’s sometimes hundreds of pounds cheaper. 

1 hour ago, Helzibob said:

Yeah I kind of knew I’d get the response I did. Still.......she shouldn’t have done it! ??

:lol:

You're right though, she shouldn’t.

3fingersreid

Ignorant selfish *******s . 

The Tesco express & Greggs at Stenhouse has a car park there is plenty of on street safe parking areas . To make it safer for everyone there are double yellow lines painted to make it easier to get in and out of the car park and for pedestrians to get across the road , except it appears that to some , double yellow lines are in fact car parking bays , usual culprits are , fat lazy cows and obese men  , van and lorry drivers and fud boy racers . Council could make a fortune ticketing them . 

Woke up to an email from the lottery, “news about your ticket”. For less than 30 seconds I got to dream about jacking in my job, going travelling........then I find out I’ve won £5.60. ??

1 hour ago, Helzibob said:

Woke up to an email from the lottery, “news about your ticket”. For less than 30 seconds I got to dream about jacking in my job, going travelling........then I find out I’ve won £5.60. ??

Be grateful. Mine the other day came to £1.20.

All roads lead to Gorgie

How is it that when you put something in the washing machine with a zip like a jacket it always finds its way to the front and starts scratching against the glass. I put a jacket in this morning right at the back now I am having to listen to that horrible noise of the zip scratching the glass! 

Men watching and moaning about a royal wedding.

An event for women to get involved about bitching and fashion.

In other words.Woman's pish.

Captain Canada

Folk at work contradicting themselves all the time and then insisting, sometimes aggressively, that they never made the original statement.

Stuff like "I want you to focus on Project X today and tomorrow". Then two days later, swearing blind they never said that and you should have prioritised Project Y. 

The Internet

Folk getting in a panic because the temperatures dropped below 15 degrees for the first time in weeks and pretending it's pure freezing. 'Had the heating on in my car full blast this morning!' 

How did these people survive winter. 

Finance or commercial department at my work. We had an invoice for some work. I completed the correct form to get it paid and submitted it. I checked with the supplier if it had been paid. No. I then chase my finance department who then reply saying you have missed X out on the form please advise. They had it for around 6 weeks and did not let me know that I had missed a bit on the form. It would have taken less than 30 seconds to email me about it. But no to lazy to do that and considering the red tape and barriers they put in the way of trying to buybthings. Useless

tokyowalnut

Seething at my own stupidity.

Bought a new car, insurance period lapsed, forgot to renew and got pulled over last night and had my car sent to the impound. Total idiot all blame on me! 

I'm seething at myself today for being so stupid!

On 16/05/2018 at 09:37, Victorian said:

Paypal have put the clampers on the funds for an ebay sale from 2 months ago.   Payment disputed.    By their own admission,   I have provided tracking info which proves delivery which 'should' be sufficient for their 'investigation' to rule in my favour.    Yet I have to wait and sweat for 5 days while the already 'investigated' facts are investigated some more.      *****.

These useless ***** have still done nothing and said nothing about this.    Their communications culture is a farce.    The sum is fairly modest but it's the principle.    A clown show.

Two pieces of shit at the back of the plane barging past to get their cabin bags from the middle of the plane, then the whole thing in reverse. Well done to all the women, yes women for having a proper go.

An old one of mine:

Italian ‘men’ on the beach wearing tiny, tiny shorts (no need btw) because it’s so hot, but with...

...a scarf around their neck. Silk (like a woman would wear). And diamond (dubious) earrings.

With their date of birth, in Roman numerals( :lol: ) tattooed onto their arms, legs, necks, backs, chests etc.

Sharing a can of Kronenbourg.

Between four.

Special people.

Edited by Morgan

peter_hmfc
1 hour ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

Two pieces of shit at the back of the plane barging past to get their cabin bags from the middle of the plane, then the whole thing in reverse. Well done to all the women, yes women for having a proper go.

Do tell.

:pleasing:

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, Morgan said:

An old one of mine:

Italian ‘men’ on the beach wearing tiny, tiny shorts (no need btw) because it’s so hot, but with...

...a scarf around their neck. Silk (like a woman would wear). And diamond (dubious) earrings.

With their date of birth, in Roman numerals( :lol: ) tattooed onto their arms, legs, necks, backs, chests etc.

Between four.

Special people.

What kind of establishments are you hanging out Morgan :lol:

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

An old one of mine:

Italian ‘men’ in the pub I regularly frequent wearing tiny, tiny shorts (no need btw) because it’s so hot, but with...

Between four.

Special people.

Ftfy

:D

luckyBatistuta

Just received my compensation for my loss of earnings and depreciation to my vehicle:D ...2 years after the accident though:gloomy:

11 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Just received my compensation for my loss of earnings and depreciation to my vehicle:D ...2 years after the accident though:gloomy:

Was it the other persons fault because they were driving on your road?

luckyBatistuta
Just now, IronJambo said:

Was it the other persons fault because they were driving on your road?

Damn, should have claimed for that, where’s me phone?

2 missed calls from different mobile numbers I don't recognise. 

If it were important, they would have either left a voicemail message, or sent a text saying who it was. 

Which pretty much guarantees it will be a telemarketer or cold caller, spoofing their number to appear like a mobile one. 

Either way, *****. 

10 hours ago, peter_hmfc said:

Do tell.

:pleasing:

Two switched on young females in the seats in front suggested to dozens in ear shot that the two pieces of shit, "were desperate to be re-united with their strap-ons"...laugh? I nearly shat!

12 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

12 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Ftfy

:D

I know, it’s does sound a bit iffy but it’s all above board really.:huh2:

3fingersreid

On going road works at Haymarket are a big enough pain in the arse but now there is roadworks on Dalry rd just to totally piss off drivers trying to go west to east 

15 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Not ‘establishments’ LB.

The beach.

They go to the beach with scarves on ffs.

Scarves.

With shorts. :rofl:

All roads lead to Gorgie
2 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

On going road works at Haymarket are a big enough pain in the arse but now there is roadworks on Dalry rd just to totally piss off drivers trying to go west to east 

I thought they were packing up and the works were finishing on Haymarket Terrace, yaaassss but yesterday they were starting new excavations at the Clifton Terrace bit, boooooo! 

I have sat on a bus going eastwards for nearly 20 mins on the diversion. A nightmare!

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

You should burst an inflated paper bag and watch them shit their thongs. 

They can then wipe their arses with their scarves.

Guess what I’m doing tomorrow? :whistling:

7 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Guess what I’m doing tomorrow? :whistling:

getting a portable toilet and drinking beer at the beach?

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

getting a portable toilet and drinking beer at the beach?

That was today..

:)

luckyBatistuta
4 hours ago, Morgan said:

Not ‘establishments’ LB.

The beach.

They go to the beach with scarves on ffs.

Scarves.

With shorts. :rofl:

Just picturing that in my head :4_1_72:

7 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

you're picturing old Italian men wearing budgie smugglers and scarfs?

10 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

And not just ‘any old scarf’... :lol:

2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Young Italian men. With their date of birth tattooed onto their bodies. In Roman numerals :lol:

Not budgies. Shorts.

:rofl:

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Young Italian men. With their date of birth tattooed onto their bodies. In Roman numerals :lol:

Not budgies. Shorts.

:rofl:

Where’s the tissues :mellow:

luckyBatistuta
7 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Wasn’t until you planted a bloody seed :o