• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Tidy bursds who smoke. 

What a waste. 

Correct. Same with tidy bursds with shan tattoos.

3 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Correct. Same with tidy bursds with shan tattoos.

Also tidy bursds that are blantently scum/neds.

peter_hmfc
47 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Tidy bursds who smoke. 

What a waste. 

:spoton:

Vile behaviour.

Der Kaiser
2 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Folk who complain about the weather being too hot, in Scotland of all places, after a couple of sunny days when we've just emerged from a winter that lasted about 5 months. It's not even been above 20 degrees yet!

:cornette:

Ice lollies.

That's it for sunshine. There's nothing else good about. Hate it. I'm just a sweaty mess....i don't need more problems with my looks.

Hot weather can GTF.

(Scantily clad gorgeous women parading around in hot weather is a given.....i'm not fussed about what the weather is like then)

Can't wait for Autumn.......

4 hours ago, Cade said:

Arrogant, entitled arseholes who reduce a family of tourists to tears on a train by refusing to move from the wrong seat and getting so abusive that the guard threatens to throw you off the train.

Nobody cares if you sit in that same seat every monday morning.

You didn't reserve it.

The family reserved it.

:bolt:

A women I get on the train with asked someone to move their bag because she wanted to sit in “her” seat. The train was 80% early at that point. Why do folk get so territorial? I tend to sit in one of two seats but if it’s taken it doesn’t bother me. I’d ask if it’s a full train, if it’s not full I just sit wherever. 

Sooperstar
2 hours ago, Helzibob said:

A women I get on the train with asked someone to move their bag because she wanted to sit in “her” seat. The train was 80% early at that point. Why do folk get so territorial? I tend to sit in one of two seats but if it’s taken it doesn’t bother me. I’d ask if it’s a full train, if it’s not full I just sit wherever. 

Her seat as in a reserved seat? Fair enough if so. 

15 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Her seat as in a reserved seat? Fair enough if so. 

Nope, just the seat she likes to sit in and gets arsey if someone else is using it. The train is 80% empty when we get on ?.

Sooperstar
58 minutes ago, Helzibob said:

Nope, just the seat she likes to sit in and gets arsey if someone else is using it. The train is 80% empty when we get on ?.

In that case she is clearly a mental.

2 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

In that case she is clearly a mental.

Spot on, she is. I know her from standing next to her on the train platform. I know nearly everything going on in her life. She knows nothing about me, I’d like to keep it that way.

My seethe today is also train related. Got on the train to come home and there was a family of 3 in my carriage. The Dad sat on one side, the child opposite him and then the wife sat at the opposite side of the carriage. The train obviously got full as it was peak time and they spent the journey loudly talking/shouting at each other on the opposite side of the train. Had they just sat together the rest of the commuters wouldn’t have had to be party to all of their conversations. 

Bridge of Djoum
On 4/29/2018 at 10:28, houstonjambo said:

My missus just put a **** off scratch in the new TV. Right in the middle. 

Met with a shrug of the shoulders and ‘oh well’. This will be the same woman who lost her shit last night when I didn’t use a coaster with a beer bottle on the glass coffee table last night. 

Seething. 

Can you get a trade-in?

Also, a new TV might be in order.

The_razors_edge
6 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Folk who complain about the weather being too hot, in Scotland of all places, after a couple of sunny days when we've just emerged from a winter that lasted about 5 months. It's not even been above 20 degrees yet!

:cornette:

On a weather theme I suppose...

I’ve not long started a football team for kids born in 2013. I have one kid who, I shit you not, isn’t allowed to train or play if it’s cold or it’s raining. Then last Sunday, when it was warm and sunny this kid asked to come off the pitch because he was too hot. I’m like :cornette: then :muggy:. Then after claiming he was too hot ran away and started chasing his sister about 20 yards away. 

First training session i asked all the parents if their kids had any health problems. No was the answer. Now apparently this kid, that we’ve now deduced can’t play in any weather, has chest problems and needs an inhaler if he plays in cold or wet weather. 

Tempted to have the conversation with his parents that I don’t think an outdoor sport like football is for him. Best stay in doors and play ping pong

The_razors_edge
2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I don't mean to sound harsh but I would tell him and his parents to bugger off and take up tiddlywinks.  

Feckin attention seeking shower of cockwombles. 

:lol: doesn’t come across as harsh at all mate 

The_razors_edge
6 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

On a serious note, good on you for taking on the running of a football team for the youngsters. 

Helps keep them active and healthy at an early age......

Well apart from one kid anyway.

:lol:

Cheers. I have a vested interest because my wee boy plays.

eyes well and truly opened though with some of the other kids (and their parents) -  frightening stuff

King Of The Cat Cafe
8 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Not really a seethe, more laughing at other people seething.

I am sittiing in the sun with my dug having a coffee and at least 3 groups of people have tried to get into the Ritz bar and grill at Edinburgh Park.

It still has Christmas feckin menus on the main door and it closed diwn at the end of the year. 

Yet they peer in the place and try the door in spite of it looking like the Marie feckin Celeste. 

Arseholes.

That would be the Mary feckin Celeste.

And feck you, Arthur Conan Doyle, for the mistake that has gone down in history.

OK, seethe over.

14 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

That would be the Mary feckin Celeste.

And feck you, Arthur Conan Doyle, for the mistake that has gone down in history.

OK, seethe over.

7 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

By the way it's SIR Arthur Conan Doyle to you, peasant.

:wink:

96A47A57-60F3-4008-8F9B-7508867DAA21.gif

King Of The Cat Cafe
1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

By the way it's SIR Arthur Conan Doyle to you, peasant.

:wink:

Actually, he was only  Arthur Conan Doyle when he wrote about the Mary Celeste in 1884.  He was not knigted until 1902.  So, as we used to say in my school playground, ya boo sucks. :wink:

And what Tazio says into the the bargain. Conan Doyle was possibly the most overrated novelist Edinburgh has produced. :lol:

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Actually, he was only  Arthur Conan Doyle when he wrote about the Mary Celeste in 1884.  He was not knigted until 1902.  So, as we used to say in my school playground, ya boo sucks. :wink:

And what Tazio says into the the bargain. Conan Doyle was possibly the most overrated novelist Edinburgh has produced:lol:

I can only assume you're forgetting about Irvine Welsh.

King Of The Cat Cafe
7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I can only assume you're forgetting about Irvine Welsh.

Mea culpa, I was.

But then, Irvine Welsh was born in Leith.  :wink:

Unknown user
1 minute ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Mea culpa, I was.

But then, Irvine Welsh was born in Leith.  :wink:

To a fornication of warrior poets angels, the prick

Captain Sausage

8 month old is teething. Day 1 of summer holiday and all we’ve done is try to sleep while the other ones attempts, in vain, to comfort a crying, coughing, overtired baby. 

Rough. 

You know what really gives me the seethe just now?  Massively conceited posters on political or semi-political threads in the Shed.  Their inflated egos fill up the forums and their conceit almost drips off the pages.

Captain Sausage
38 minutes ago, Sydney said:

You know what really gives me the seethe just now?  Massively conceited posters on political or semi-political threads in the Shed.  Their inflated egos fill up the forums and their conceit almost drips off the pages.

10/10. Spot on. 

Edited by houstonjambo

5 hours ago, houstonjambo said:

8 month old is teething. Day 1 of summer holiday and all we’ve done is try to sleep while the other ones attempts, in vain, to comfort a crying, coughing, overtired baby. 

Rough. 

You didn't think you were actually going to get a holiday did you?

Captain Sausage
1 hour ago, IronJambo said:

You didn't think you were actually going to get a holiday did you?

I had my doubts. But Jesus. Just managed to get him down for some rest, but he’s a nightmare, maybe 4-6 hours sleep last night, and only when he was being held. 

He is more precious than some of the Terrace posters. 

Governor Tarkin
22 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

People asking questions but finishing with 'or...' and not giving another option.

I work for a French company and this does my tits in. Seriously does my tits in.

"Duuuuuu *insert question here* ooooouuuuuu?"

Edited by Governor Tarkin

2 hours ago, houstonjambo said:

I had my doubts. But Jesus. Just managed to get him down for some rest, but he’s a nightmare, maybe 4-6 hours sleep last night, and only when he was being held. 

He is more precious than some of the Terrace posters. 

My boys 3 and half and we only started to get half a proper sleep in the last 9 months. His teething lasted for the best part of two years.

Governor Tarkin
8 hours ago, Sydney said:

3fingersreid
3 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Shite boozer as well. At the last Edinburgh Festival they were advertising their world renowned fish and chips for a ridiculous price to lure in the gullible hordes.

What he said 

chester copperpot

On the football seethe theme, parents who try and coach their kids through games, puts the kid off and makes me ****ing fuming.

Just coz ye've been to see a few Celtic games doesn't make you ****ing Pep Guardiola.

Also when trying to conduct a half time talk, the ones who walk out on to the park and listen and have even had one butt in.

I have set ground rules now and if the parents and kids dont stick to them, then :bolt:as I don't have the time or patience for that shit now.

Geoff the Mince

I intended to treat some garden plants with Neem Oil

instead I sprayed myself in the face 

Neem Oil stinks

Like a Hobo

Urrgh . 

6 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I work for a French company and this does my tits in. Seriously does my tits in.

"Duuuuuu *insert question here* ooooouuuuuu?"

This thing they do has been peeing us off for years too.

It's like they're the thickest folk you could imagine. Don't know why they do it but, it sounds like they haven't got the foggiest what to say/what they were going to say/can't find the correct word to say.

I’m not sure if I’ve mentioned this seethe before but car insurance companies. My car is one year older, I've not made any claims, I have an extra years no claims discount but my renewal price still goes up about £60. 

...a bit disco
33 minutes ago, Barack said:

Generally, premiums are. Inflation, and so on. Though, industry wide, it's all about the postcode though, I'm afraid.

If others have been slightly less careful than you, especially in non-fault claims, where your car is kept, means you and others, will suffer at the hands of insurance underwriters.

It has nothing to do with you generally. Risk is the name of the game. Which means, rightly or wrongly, insurance companies see X amount of claims in postcode Y...it normally means the chances of Z being involved is riskier than someone who lives in the next post code...hence £60 to cover their perceived "Risk." 

Mine went down £50 this year. The year before it went up. I've gotten a more expensive car, and 20 years PNCB.

I've also moved...

Living in a valley with no neighbours for 30 miles min. will usually help keep your premiums down.

Especially when your neighbours all travel by donkey.

9 hours ago, Barack said:

Generally, premiums are. Inflation, and so on. Though, industry wide, it's all about the postcode though, I'm afraid.

If others have been slightly less careful than you, especially in non-fault claims, where your car is kept, means you and others, will suffer at the hands of insurance underwriters.

It has nothing to do with you generally. Risk is the name of the game. Which means, rightly or wrongly, insurance companies see X amount of claims in postcode Y...it normally means the chances of Z being involved is riskier than someone who lives in the next post code...hence £60 to cover their perceived "Risk." 

Mine went down £50 this year. The year before it went up. I've gotten a more expensive car, and 20 years PNCB.

I've also moved...

I get that. Just weird that another company is offering me the same cover £100 cheaper and they’ll be using the same claims info to make their decision.

Maybe just down to my demographic too. My folks, in their 60’s, got a great deal from my insurer. Maybe they’ve got too many almost 40 females and want more older/younger folk on their books. ??‍♀️

Harry Potter
11 hours ago, Helzibob said:

I’m not sure if I’ve mentioned this seethe before but car insurance companies. My car is one year older, I've not made any claims, I have an extra years no claims discount but my renewal price still goes up about £60. 

They all seem to do that, bit like cable tv, cheap rates for new starts but with them for multiple years and it costs a fortune.:mad:.

Paypal have put the clampers on the funds for an ebay sale from 2 months ago.   Payment disputed.    By their own admission,   I have provided tracking info which proves delivery which 'should' be sufficient for their 'investigation' to rule in my favour.    Yet I have to wait and sweat for 5 days while the already 'investigated' facts are investigated some more.      *****.

Der Kaiser
23 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Paypal have put the clampers on the funds for an ebay sale from 2 months ago.   Payment disputed.    By their own admission,   I have provided tracking info which proves delivery which 'should' be sufficient for their 'investigation' to rule in my favour.    Yet I have to wait and sweat for 5 days while the already 'investigated' facts are investigated some more.      *****.

I have the same problem as well when selling second hand sex toys......

Seethe 1.

Scottish Gas phoning me and asking why i have not paid a bill that i have not recieved.

Oh we made an online account for you, just log on, activate it and pay the bill that way the kind lady informed me.

Since i never asked for an online account what makes you think I wanted one was my reply.

Still waiting for an answer to that and they are still waiting on me to pay the bill - yes i'm old fashioned

Seethe 2.

Idiots in my local gym sitting on weights machines while using there phone to text the idiot sitting on the machine next to them. Sometimes feel like i am the only one there thats actually there to work out.

12 minutes ago, MadJock said:

Seethe 1.

Scottish Gas phoning me and asking why i have not paid a bill that i have not recieved.

Oh we made an online account for you, just log on, activate it and pay the bill that way the kind lady informed me.

Since i never asked for an online account what makes you think I wanted one was my reply.

Still waiting for an answer to that and they are still waiting on me to pay the bill - yes i'm old fashioned

Seethe 2.

Idiots in my local gym sitting on weights machines while using there phone to text the idiot sitting on the machine next to them. Sometimes feel like i am the only one there thats actually there to work out.

We were on a bus in Italy a couple of weeks back and there was an ‘idiot’ (to use your word) to my left texting an ‘idiot’ on my right.  It just beggars belief.

Idiot is the perfect description by the way for these folk.

Horatio Caine

Out enjoying the sun today.  Stopped for lunch, bought a wee carton of apple juice - you know, the ones with the demonised plastic straws.  So I extract the straw and go to insert it in the carton taking care not to squeeze the carton (cos I've been caught out with that one before.)  Eventually burst the seal straw goes in, juice spews out of the straw on to the table.  Quickly get my mouth down to sook some juice out of the carton, to make it `safe`.  The next go at it, I carefully pick the carton up, taking care not to squeeze it - bloody juice spills out again.  Then just when I think I've got it under control I feel a wet bit on my trouser leg (no, not THAT - that's for another thread) - no, the juice has flowed from its small lake on to and over the edge of the table, on to my trousers.  :seething:

Edited by Horatio Caine

Probably not deemed a worthy seethe but the amount of soy sauce provided with a green pot noodle is scandalous...double when you realise it's the same amount as for a big or small one. The seetheometer blows however when I've opened said pot noodle, filled up with water etc and can't find a spare bottle of soy sauce kicking about.

Also...when working on a drive thru on a hot day and folk coming through, telling me how nice a day it is, p!ss off! Or worse yet is the "I'm off to tenerife in a couple of weeks" brigade...I didny ask and now tbh I'm starting to hope your plain crashes but until then, enjoy your meal!

peter_hmfc
19 hours ago, MadJock said:

Once saw a guy sitting on a weights machine watching a video on his phone. I went away to do my thing which took about 30minutes and when I walked past he was still there on his phone.

giphy.gif

Also hate people who shout across the gym at other people, and groups who take up a machine for about an hour an a half.

People who sit on a machine they're not even using just to chat shit to their mates is the worst though.

Bindy Badgy
20 hours ago, MadJock said:

Seethe 2.

I get to the gym around 6:30-7:00am for this precise reason. The only people that are in at that time are people that are there to work out. I can get my routine done in around 60 mins. Must be pushing double that if I go after lunch time.

Craig Gordons Gloves

Flight prices are seethe inducing.  I'm hoping to get back to Scotland for a week in December, catch a Hearts game and go see Deacon Blue in Glasgow.  If i want, i can spend 15-18 hours traveling from here to Boston to Dublin to Glasgow for $850 or can spend $1300 traveling from here to Amsterdam to Edinburgh and spend 11 hours doing so.  This is what it's like every friggin time we're looking to book flights. Airlines are *******s. 

Captain Sausage
4 minutes ago, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

Flight prices are seethe inducing.  I'm hoping to get back to Scotland for a week in December, catch a Hearts game and go see Deacon Blue in Glasgow.  If i want, i can spend 15-18 hours traveling from here to Boston to Dublin to Glasgow for $850 or can spend $1300 traveling from here to Amsterdam to Edinburgh and spend 11 hours doing so.  This is what it's like every friggin time we're looking to book flights. Airlines are *******s. 

Have you looked at direct flights?

:troll:

1 hour ago, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

I got Edinburgh to Miami return for £335 inc tax. Pretty chuffed with that deal. 

I used to work in the travel industry, prices shoot up about 10/12 Dec. Try earlier. Also look at mid week flights, they tend to be cheaper.