The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

5 hours ago, peter_hmfc said:

What is this monstrosity :rofl: ?

They also didn't play any added time. Instead, there was a 10-9-8 etc. countdown and then a buzzer went at full time. 

It finished 0-0 (obviously) so they then proceeded to play 20 minutes of golden goal extra time. 

What a shambles ffs. 

• Replies 20.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Future's Maroon

Been a while since I contributed to this thread, but after today's shenanigans I would like to put forward.....

Flat pack furniture ?

I have a wardrobe, 2 x set of drawers and bedside cabinet..... not even finished the first item I started and it's doing my box in!!

9 hours ago, tian447 said:

They also didn't play any added time. Instead, there was a 10-9-8 etc. countdown and then a buzzer went at full time. 

It finished 0-0 (obviously) so they then proceeded to play 20 minutes of golden goal extra time. 

What a shambles ffs. 

This is the future. The 60 minute match will probably replace our 90 minutes come the next world cup in the USA. I doubt the buzzer and countdown will make it though

chester copperpot
10 hours ago, tian447 said:

What a shambles ffs. 

:lol:

The Future's Maroon
2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

MFI ?

:rofl:

No, not ikea either...I (messed up) ordered the stuff online and stupidly assumed I would get it delivered all ready to rock n roll....not come in from work to the flat packs!

This all got delivered on 30th Nov, only brought myself to building it today....it's going to be one item a day me thinks ?

To to add to my seethe, there was holes too wee, screws missing ?

Edited by The Future's Maroon

Been done previously ( a good few times I’d say) but , 

****wits on bikes , dark clothing , no lights and weaving in and out of traffic and a police car with two officers in it sitting next to me at the lights but doing SFA about it ?

24 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Nightmare. 

Years ago we bought a dolls house for our daughter's Chrustmas that you had to self assemble. 

Piece of piss I said to my wife. We'll build it on Chistmas Eve. 

Started it at 10pm. Finished building the fecker at 2am on Christmas Day. Hundreds of wee parts. 

We ended up arguing about how to build it and drinking wine didnae help. 

It was German and complicated. Nightmare.

:gok:

3 hours ago, IronJambo said:

This is the future. The 60 minute match will probably replace our 90 minutes come the next world cup in the USA. I doubt the buzzer and countdown will make it though

Don't mind the idea of the 60 minute game as long as it is properly enforced (i.e. The clock stops the instant the ball goes out of play) but the absolute farce that I watched last night was never a game of football ffs :lol:

How can you play 2 exactly 45 minute halves, with no additional time, a buzzer to rigidly enforce that, with the clock counting the wrong way, then play a 10 minute too short extra time period where Golden Goal applies, and pass it off as a game of football - which they don't even have the ****ing deceny to call it because they call it soccer! 

The highlights were a guy doing a left-right fake, and then another guy taking on 3 defenders and losing the ball - to which the commentators said he would be the next big thing in the MLS :rofl:

Ffs, this has actually got me raging :lol:

What if there's a lengthy injury requiring treatment toward the end of the game? "Sorry lads, no additional time to score that equaliser, the game ended 30 seconds ago." 

**** off! 

3 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Don't mind the idea of the 60 minute game as long as it is properly enforced (i.e. The clock stops the instant the ball goes out of play) but the absolute farce that I watched last night was never a game of football ffs :lol:

How can you play 2 exactly 45 minute halves, with no additional time, a buzzer to rigidly enforce that, with the clock counting the wrong way, then play a 10 minute too short extra time period where Golden Goal applies, and pass it off as a game of football - which they don't even have the ****ing deceny to call it because they call it soccer! 

The highlights were a guy doing a left-right fake, and then another guy taking on 3 defenders and losing the ball - to which the commentators said he would be the next big thing in the MLS :rofl:

Mibbes we can get that last guy to Hearts, a boy taking folk on would be a revelation

Edited by IronJambo

1 minute ago, IronJambo said:

Mibbes we can get that last guy to Hearts, a boy taking folk on would be a revelation

Maybe Sam Nicholson can hook us up with some contacts :whistling:

The Future's Maroon
14 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Nightmare. 

Years ago we bought a dolls house for our daughter's Chrustmas that you had to self assemble. 

Started it at 10pm. Finished building the fecker at 2am on Christmas Day. Hundreds of wee parts. 

??

I completed the chest of drawers yesterday, going to attack the wardrobe this afternoon.....maybe a few drinks will take away the frustration - or maybe it will result in either a hammer, screwdriver or wardrobe door flying out my top floor window (not an open window either)!

18 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Nightmare. 

What the Hell is complicated about drinking German wine?

:wink:

2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

?

Seriously that dolls hoose was a nightmare. 

Each window had shutters and wee flower boxes that you put wee plastic flowers in. You had to piece together the feckin individual petals onto the stalk and stick each one in the wee hole.

It had about 40 effin windows.....

Jim Cornette was almost out for part of that post but he thought twice about it.

Christmas films where Santa's real but adults, particularly parents, don't know it. How would they not know? Makes no sense. 

7 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Christmas films where Santa's real but adults, particularly parents, don't know it. How would they not know? Makes no sense. 

How about folk who fail to recognize Die Hard as a Christmas film.

I'm happy for folk to disagree with me about it being the best Christmas movie ever.....but to say it's not a Christmas movie.....thats like saying Craig Davids seven days makes sense...... 

24 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Glad im not alone with this.

The one that strikes me is in ‘The Santa Clause’ where Santa delivers a kayak to a child for Christmas. Didn’t that kids parents think “where the **** did that come from?” When they saw it in the morning? I mean a kayak ffs!

2 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

How about folk who fail to recognize Die Hard as a Christmas film.

I'm happy for folk to disagree with me about it being the best Christmas movie ever.....but to say it's not a Christmas movie.....thats like saying Craig Davids seven days makes sense...... 

I will have to disagree with you, for hard 2 is the best Xmas movie ever.

49 minutes ago, superjack said:

I'm happy to accept your alternative offering which I agree is a great Xmas movie also.

1 hour ago, Der Kaiser said:

I'm happy to accept your alternative offering which I agree is a great Xmas movie also.

Yippeekayay mother $@$@$@

...a bit disco
2 hours ago, superjack said:

Is 'Hard 2' not a different kind of movie altogether?

Brick Tamland

Woman behind me on flight this morning, digging her knees/legs into the back of my seat, Flybe aren’t blessed with much legroom so she must have known the seethe it was causing. 

Ignorant selfish cow. 

On 12/12/2017 at 03:47, tian447 said:

Ffs, this has actually got me raging :lol:

What if there's a lengthy injury requiring treatment toward the end of the game? "Sorry lads, no additional time to score that equaliser, the game ended 30 seconds ago." 

**** off! 

Haha NCAA timing rules are indeed ridiculous, but they do stop the clock for bookings/sendings-off, substitutions, injuries, and a couple other things.

What really ought to get your hackles up is NCAA substitution rules.  A player subbed off in the first half reentering in the second? Ohhh yes.

4 hours ago, Justin Z said:

Haha NCAA timing rules are indeed ridiculous, but they do stop the clock for bookings/sendings-off, substitutions, injuries, and a couple other things.

What really ought to get your hackles up is NCAA substitution rules.  A player subbed off in the first half reentering in the second? Ohhh yes.

Yes!!  I noticed that!  I was convinced I had got it wrong because surely not - what should have given it away was the commentators saying "He's making his way off but he should be ready to go in the later part of the game".  Add that to my ball of seethe above :lol:

Why on Earth would you have a league playing totally different rules to every other league, even different to the main domestic league in that country?

27 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Yes!!  I noticed that!  I was convinced I had got it wrong because surely not - what should have given it away was the commentators saying "He's making his way off but he should be ready to go in the later part of the game".  Add that to my ball of seethe above :lol:

Why on Earth would you have a league playing totally different rules to every other league, even different to the main domestic league in that country?

It obviously completely changes the game--you can win with a team full of athletes because they can run themselves ragged for 25, 30 minutes, have a rest, and come back in the second half and do it again. If you have athletic enough second choice players that there's not a big drop off as far as skill, this is a viable strategy for a lot of wins.  It's always frantic, always a hundred miles an hour, always a lot of direct stuff, instead of a natural flow where everyone gradually tires and things open up as the game progresses and various tactics depending on each team's player composition.

It's been a complaint about college soccer for a long, long time. But the NCAA (as an American institution) thinks it knows everything so that's why it basically wrote its own rulebook.

One rule that was thankfully removed recently was the "soft red" rule--players who received a second yellow could be substituted rather than the team being forced to play a man down; only straight reds would result in going down a man.

luckyBatistuta
13 hours ago, Brick Tamland said:

Woman behind me on flight this morning, digging her knees/legs into the back of my seat, Flybe aren’t blessed with much legroom so she must have known the seethe it was causing. 

Ignorant selfish cow. 

Digging her knees into your seat :arry:        Was she strapping? :ohmy::nooo::15::look:

16 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

The last ever Detectorists tonight, gutted.

Will be seething if they don’t finally find the stash!

Edited by alyp

Decided to give in to Apple's constant promptings and install the newest OS onto my old MacBook. Only for it to stuff the har drive so now I'm having to restore it from Time Machine. A wee bit annoying but the worst bit is that I've realised my last back up is from the 12th. I spent a hours on the 15th transferring about 30 albums from an external drive onto it so I'll have to do it all again. Its bollocks. 

PO wrote to me today to confirm they were changing an address at my request. Where did they send this letter to; the wrong address. Luckily the neighbour who got the original wrongly addressed letter knew who it was for and put it through our letterbox mid-afternoon. Earlier today I got a correctly addressed letter from the PO to say they had updated their records following my request to do so. Numpties. Both letters dated 8/12/17.

The Future's Maroon

Yer having some having some issues with PO staff recently Stuart ?

Edited by The Future's Maroon

Adults who still call their parents mummy and daddy!

People who say of when they mean have. That's  half of kickback and my other half too, Aaargh!

Those little time wasting routines at corners, down by the flag with 3 minutes to go, it's all about goals and you've got a dead ball situation, get it in the box. 

1 minute ago, tynietot said:

Adults who still call their parents mummy and daddy!

People who say of when they mean have. That's  half have kickback and my other have two, Aaargh!

Those little time wasting routines at corners, down by the flag with 3 minutes to go, it's all about goals and you've got a dead ball situation, get it in the box. 

Fixed that four yuo. :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

Not been paid for an item.i sold on eBay, is not getting pain on eBay common?

I’ve sold a few things on eBay, and had to give up quickly.

first one I misjudged the payment cost and ended up making £1.05 on the item 

2nd I sold at a huge loss (my own fault as what I sold was a collection of Uefa cup programmes that weren’t really that worthy.

3rd, a broken but easily fixable iPhone, 5 seperate people “won”’ it then I got the excuses, naively believed the first 3, reported the 4th (who told me 2 weeks later that he got a free iPhone 6 and wouldn’t be paying for something he didn’t want, took great pleasure in telling him he bid on my phone, and that as he didn’t want it that’s fine but his account was given a black markn(or whatever ebay used) as I reported him before hand)

5th was a beauty, item ended, payment received, about an hour later, “my son put the bid in” put bid in and then logged into PayPal and paid Me? Fat chance, sent it recorded delivery and kept the receipt and the proof of delivery and never heard from them again. 

For peace of mind Just try get th money or cut your losses and stop selling on eBay Z

20 hours ago, tynietot said:

peter_hmfc

dame yersoulf a tib fo a dcik theer.

Whooosh over your head.

21 hours ago, tynietot said:

peter_hmfc

dame yersoulf a tib fo a dcik theer.

Think you missed that one tynietot.

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Some beef stew with a random bit of pastry plonked on top is not a ****ing steak pie. 

Work Christmas Dinner, or the wife acting up? :whistling: 

People who don't close their mouth when they eat, creating one of the most minging noises I can think of. Some decorum doesn't go a miss. 

As a result, no longer eat in public or even sit in my works staff room. If I do, it's headphones in and all the way up

Some Christmas food and drinks at work today. Mid afternoon so no booze involved. Just a wee sit round and chat. 

The only problem being a girl I’m working with is Christmas obsessed. She has been wearing Christmas jumpers, Christmas earrings, Christmas hair baubles etc for the last fortnight. All she talks about is Christmas and her and her boyfriend have watched a different Christmas film every night before bed since the first of December. It’s like working with a five year old but she’s in her thirties. We’re all under instructions to wear a Christmas jumper. I’ve gone for a nice navy blue merino wool crew neck. And she will actually get upset that I “haven’t joined in” 

Arsehole.