• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

King Of The Cat Cafe
9 hours ago, tokyowalnut said:

Meeting a girl and finding out she likes the Proclaimers.

Sorrow, sorrow, sorrow...

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

How tall was she?

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

I'm gonna regret this but...

why do you ask?

34 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

About 5'8

Do you know her?

Interesting.

2 hours ago, Morgan said:

Interesting.

33%20alcott.jpg

22 hours ago, Morgan said:

I'm gonna regret this but...

why do you ask?

Because The Proclaimers, or one of them at least, are renowned midget shaggers.

1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

Because The Proclaimers, or one of them at least, are renowned midget shaggers.

I didn't know  that and I lived above one of them (haven't a clue which one!) in 1994.

Used to enjoy playing the Hearts song on a Saturday evening and stomping on the floor.

Very mature I know! :)

Just now, BarneyBattles said:

That level of infantile behaviour is right up my street. Well done sir. 

Aling the same lines I locked a St Mirren fan in a cupboard at a party in Glasgow not long after their capitulation in ‘86.

Locking a guy in a cupboard. Brilliant!!

My wife would be like....

giphy.gif

26 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

That level of infantile behaviour is right up my street. Well done sir. 

Aling the same lines I locked a St Mirren fan in a cupboard at a party in Glasgow not long after their capitulation in ‘86.

Hope the **** is still in there!

Montgomery Brewster

Next door neighbour - everytime leaves or enters the door bangs. Same with the front stair door. 

An absolute cretin 

Hannibal Lecter
1 hour ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

Next door neighbour - everytime leaves or enters the door bangs. Same with the front stair door. 

An absolute cretin 

My upstairs neighbour is the same/ Also TV turned up to deafening levels. Stupid old p***k.

+1 on the neighbours, ours are constantly slamming door open and closed, no matter what time of the day.

and their pals keep ringing our buzzer and ‘let me in the stair mate’ 

it’s not hard to remember their buzzer is number 1. 

One seemed almost offended I asked why he wanted in th stair today. 

Seperate seethe

i get it they need to maximise fares etc, But got off a bus, knew fine I wouldn’t get another bus For rest of today handed my day ticket away to a guy (with kids) who had change in his hands, bus driver must have saw it, and refused to accept the ticket and made the guy pay a fare. Was there really any need? 

And another one

someone who lives up the street (about 3-4 in total) flying around the street on motorbikes, scooters and even a quad bike at AT LEAST 50mph at all hours, but particularly at night, revving their stupid little engines and generally being wee arseholes.  Lots of kids nearby who wouldn’t stand a chance of hit by one of them.

The fact They do it in a quiet residential street is bad enough, why not go somewhere with large open roads? 

Oh because I’m 98% sure they are doing it illegally and don’t want caught

4 hours ago, BM1874 said:

And another one

someone who lives up the street (about 3-4 in total) flying around the street on motorbikes, scooters and even a quad bike at AT LEAST 50mph at all hours, but particularly at night, revving their stupid little engines and generally being wee arseholes.  Lots of kids nearby who wouldn’t stand a chance of hit by one of them.

The fact They do it in a quiet residential street is bad enough, why not go somewhere with large open roads? 

Oh because I’m 98% sure they are doing it illegally and don’t want caught

North Edinburgh?

There are 2 wee dicks with motorbikes that sit revving them, and tearing through the streets at midnight every night in Dundee City Centre.  One of them "backfires" (if that's even a thing, or what it is) but it's bloody loud bangs like gunshots, every single day. 

I hope they have a face to face confrontation with a city bus. 

14 hours ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

An absolute cretin 

Some folk just have no social awareness.  Infuriating.  

Montgomery Brewster
2 hours ago, Sarah O said:

Some folk just have no social awareness.  Infuriating.  

There really is no need. Must have not long  separated as on his balcony at all hours heckling some bird on the other end of the line. 

Shut the feck up , close the door and argue there you turd. 

16 hours ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

An absolute cretin 

Come to my world, i constantly moan about this pointless act, 

Fitzroy Pointon
15 hours ago, BM1874 said:

Seperate seethe

i get it they need to maximise fares etc, But got off a bus, knew fine I wouldn’t get another bus For rest of today handed my day ticket away to a guy (with kids) who had change in his hands, bus driver must have saw it, and refused to accept the ticket and made the guy pay a fare. Was there really any need? 

It does say on them they are non-transferable but only a proper dickhead of a driver wouldn't accept it especially with the guy having kids with him.  Buses are a fortune when you think of the level of service you're actually getting for the price.  

Fitzroy Pointon

The door slamming thing really annoys me.  There is a lassie on the bursds landing, she just moved in last month.  I tippled straight away she was going to be a problem just by her appearance.  Door slamming constantly, people in the close. Last weekend the buzzer went twice about 1 in the morning.  I switched the intercom off, next minute the guy is in the close chapping all the doors and shouting through the letterboxes "AAANGEELAAAAAA" in that whiney nasal junkie tone.  

Saturday lunchtime she had an argument with the boyfriend, him and his mate walk off and she is stood in the close shouting at him.   We leave to take the kids out and she opens the door, standing there in her pyjamas staring at us then slams the door closed.  What is it with these people, absolutely no social skills or awareness of their surroundings and zero respect.  

Actually, you can add closes to the seethe.  

27 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

The door slamming thing really annoys me.  There is a lassie on the bursds landing, she just moved in last month.  I tippled straight away she was going to be a problem just by her appearance.  Door slamming constantly, people in the close. Last weekend the buzzer went twice about 1 in the morning.  I switched the intercom off, next minute the guy is in the close chapping all the doors and shouting through the letterboxes "AAANGEELAAAAAA" in that whiney nasal junkie tone.  

Saturday lunchtime she had an argument with the boyfriend, him and his mate walk off and she is stood in the close shouting at him.   We leave to take the kids out and she opens the door, standing there in her pyjamas staring at us then slams the door closed.  What is it with these people, absolutely no social skills or awareness of their surroundings and zero respect.  

Whiney nasal junkie tone, ha ha, that made me laugh, 

Montgomery Brewster
34 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Absolute cretins

Social workers and council bureaucrats those I have come in contact with are  incompetent. I hate to think how some elderly people without any support manage to get the help they are entitled to from the system.

I P Knightley
On 10/11/2017 at 15:35, Dagger Is Back said:

No I don't. Have I actually said that?

I believe that every child deserves all the support they need to maximise their potential in school.

A teachers job is a difficult and complex one. Some of my friends are teachers and I work with many on a regular basis. At it's heart though lies the provision of a supportive, understanding  and encouraging environment to allow future generations to flourish.

There are a number of children in her age group in the same position yet the school seem disinterested and dismissive when this is discussed with them.

We're lucky in that somehow we'll find the money. Others aren't so fortunate.

IMO we're selling these kids short.

Do you have a solution or do you not see it as an issue?

This is a tough one. Most of the teachers I know are able and well-meaning and give whatever support they can. 

They are generally let down by horrific cuts to funding and poor leadership. The cuts to funding mean that teachers who can see the writing on the wall are encouraged to look elsewhere for satisfying employment. It may not be that salaries are hit (there tends to be an index-linked salary increase) but, if salaries are increased by 2% while school funding is increased by 0.5%, it leads to cuts in support elsewhere in the school - often meaning that the teachers are asked to do more.

A kid in a class of 25 - 30 others will have to go along with the teacher's perception of a 'middle ground' with the constraint of having to get through a curriculum in a given time. It means that some kids will not be challenged, will be bored and will have a poor experience (often leading to disruptive behaviour). At the other end of the curve, there are kids who are left behind because it's impossible for the teacher to go at their pace and maintain control of the classroom or curriculum. It really is being caught between a rock and a hard place. And this doesn't necessarily say that it's kids from poorer families or 'slow' kids who suffer. One of my kids is naturally great at Maths & Science - so is bored in those classes; he's utterly crap at languages - so those classes have lost him; and he sits in the middle for history & geography so he ends up enjoying those the most because the classes cater for his ability. 

The answer isn't to pay for private school education because you still have students in classes of a smaller size but with the same ranges of ability (give or take). What you've been forced into is probably the most effective answer, educationally. Your kid will receive personalised learning, at the right level and with personal feedback. I imagine that the coach/teacher you use finds it remarkably satisfying; not for the money but for being able to make a real difference. 

I hate what successive governments have done to state education. Blair's "education, education, education" mantra was the right way to go. However, we, as a country, are going to fall further and further behind as our kids fail to realise their potential. Did you know that schools such as Eton and Harrow (and plenty other private schools) have a registered charity status and, therefore, pay little or no tax? It's criminal.

One last observation or piece of advice: there's more and more stuff appearing online for tailored, personalised learning. The BBC Bitesize can be very good but there are also a load of others, I'm afraid I don't know what age Nat 5s are at but if it's primary school, then www.whizz.com has been great for my kids and their Maths (not so much for teenagers).

Trainers, my boys last two pairs of trainers smell like cats piss when the get wet, he had a cross country race today, got soaked, the wife poot my boot driers into them and the kitchen smells like 10 Tom cats have came in and pished everywhere, is it the plastic other the materiel on the inside, whatever it is it ****in stinks

:seething:

46 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Trainers, my boys last two pairs of trainers smell like cats piss when the get wet, he had a cross country race today, got soaked, the wife poot my boot driers into them and the kitchen smells like 10 Tom cats have came in and pished everywhere, is it the plastic other the materiel on the inside, whatever it is it ****in stinks

:seething:

Happens with my daughters boots too , strangely a wee drop cat litter helps to take the smell away 

Ebay.

forgetting I was bidding on two items, that I was really quite wanting, and losing out on one, but getting bumped up a bit for the other (that I don’t remember putting a higher bid on but owell)

then finding out it it was the same person (or someone with the exact same length of and 1st and last letter username) who was tying to beat me (and half

did) 

Bidding on something on ebay

Bid 6 days ago

seller didn’t want to end early (fair enough, no harm asking) 

remembered it, checked it all good with 20 to go

then went to work, just check now and find out even though I had a higher initial bid, I lost out

to a bid with 16!! Seconds left

whoever won the Sparta Prague away ticket, well done, your a snake, but enjoy the purchase! 

My wait to find one goes on

Ebay sniper apps are a pain in the arse. The amount of times I've lost something to a bid that pops up with 2 seconds to go.

Effective but unethical in my opinion.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
9 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

I am not condoning vandalism but they would not like it if their cars were 'accidentally' scratched now, would they, because there was not enough room for a person with a pushchair to get past for example  ???

Came home from the local pub one night and found a screwdriver, lying next to 3 or 4 cars parked on the pavement (it was a long time ago, can't remember how many cars). Punctured 3 tires on each car, then went home to bed.

**** 'em. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
Just now, jonnothejambo said:

Aye that would make them think twice before doing it again....

I was too pissed to care. Now I accidentally knock their mirrors off. 

13 hours ago, been here before said:

People who park on pavements. Inconsiderate, selfish *****.

Workmen that park anywhere they like.

Shouted at 2 of them at my work yesterday, because one had parked across a fire exit, and the other was blocking the ****ing access ramp for the Disability Services department- you almost couldn't make that up.

Inconsiderate, useless pricks.

2 hours ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

I was too pissed to care. Now I accidentally knock their mirrors off. 

Accidentally :rofl:

12 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Aye. Accidentally on purpose...

Would you be so good as to clear your inbox please?

4 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

That could be a technical challenge given this new site. 

Heading out for lunch so will look into it, mon ami. 

:wink:

:phface:

Thought you were some sort of feckin expert on these things?

Hurry along.

Just now, jonnothejambo said:

Wife getting on the make up so managed to work it out. Piss easy so thanks to Dave McLaren who apparently knows about IT.

Inbox cleared mate.

Ignore my answer of 6 seconds ago then.

Thanks.

Not really a seethe but anyone aged 15 or over who celebrates Hallowe'en is an embarrassment and a reprobate.

Adults playing dress-ups ffs :rofl: .

Degenerates.

9 hours ago, peter_hmfc said:

Not really a seethe but anyone aged 15 or over who celebrates Hallowe'en is an embarrassment and a reprobate.

Adults playing dress-ups ffs :rofl: .

Degenerates.

Sounds like somebody never got any party invites. 

And as for dressing up, how can you not like women dressing up in secularised sexualised costumes?