Michael Ngoo

:shitwine:

Hi people, Liverpool fan here to share some info on your new striker.

Michael didn't feature much in our under 18's squad due to the players ahead of him, Pacheco, Eccleston, Amoo and a couple of injuries but he still finished as top scorer on 15 goals 2010/11. He really came into his own in the reserves last season and has continued that good form in the under 21's this season.

He had some excellent European experience last season, playing in the Next.Gen series against Inter, Sporting Lisbon and Ajax. We finished as runners up to Inter in the competition but he's overage for it this year.

He's used to playing in a 4-2-3-1 line up, being the loan striker so will hold the ball up well but is also very direct when attacking. He's very unorthodox in what he does and will surprise you with the amount of times he comes through 2, 3 or 4 players still with the ball and get a shot off, usually on target. We've recently changed the under 21's formation to a 4-4-3 so he's equally adept with this and is not afraid of going out to the wings and putting crosses over. He will drift out to the wings when he needs a rest, that's how he's been coached to take a breather so you'll have a bit of a moan occasionally but it's a couple of minutes then he's raring to go again.

As many of you have already seen Michael will keep going even when he's on his last legs. He's a great team player and will give his all and then some. He's a winner, as we've been fortunate to have a very successful youth setup for the last few years.

As for his chant, he's used to the Ngooooooooooo, which is why he responded so well when he heard it. Yes it does sound like monkey chants but he won't take offense.

Enjoy having him and I hope he helps you win the Cup and gets you further up the League, he won't let you down.

Thanks for all the info reddebs, he's going to be a great player for us.

Ps don't let the H1B5 fans know about your new formation, they'll be writing seething letters of complaint to Sepp and Platini :)

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gregory House M.D.

I know it's the done thing around these parts to suggest Jankauskas is a wage feef, but he was in constant communication with Ngoo yesterday and looked like he was encouraging him big time. Hopefully he can pass on some of his knowledge to the lad.

The ball was out of play at one point on Saturday and he was going absolutely ******* nuts and someone in defence before going to sit back down then deciding that wasn't enough. Not sure who it was but thought it was quite funny :lol:

To the Liverpool fans posting on this thread.... Can we keep him? :-)

I've only seen him play once and I can already tell it'll be a sad day when he goes back down south!

BoJack Horseman

I love the Ngoo chant, similar to Luke Donald's Luuuuuuuuuuuuukkkkkkkkkeeee or Matt Kuchar's Kuuuuuuuuuuucccccccchhhhhhhhhhh it sounds a wee bit like booing but all players concerned including Ngoo yesterday know its meant in a positive fashion. Its usually done after something positive so I cant see how many will confused it with booing if its straight after a good incident. Not to sure where the monkey chats come into play as its a continuous Ngggggooooooooooooooooooooooo and not a Nggggggooo oo oo oo oo oo ala monkey noises as suggested.

Was very impressed with him, first 10 minutes he took to settle maybe trying a bit too hard but when he settled he was brilliant. Took his goal well and ran his heart our for 120 minutes eventhough he was dead on his feet for last part of extra time he was still causing them problems.

In regard to the two wayward crosses into the south stand, they came quite soon after he took a blow to the head so maybe he was still feeling the after effects of that.

From where I was sitting it was definitely a "goo goo goo goo goo" chant rather than a drawn out goooooooo. Didn't hear the latter the whole game.

Thanks for the info and good wishes Reddeb.we appreciate your input.Ngoo looks just the player we need and one things for sure,he will be made welcome here in Gorgie

Thanks for all the info reddebs, he's going to be a great player for us.

Ps don't let the H1B5 fans know about your new formation, they'll be writing seething letters of complaint to Sepp and Platini :)

You're welcome guys.

To the Liverpool fans posting on this thread.... Can we keep him? :-)

I've only seen him play once and I can already tell it'll be a sad day when he goes back down south!

Tbh mate despite the fact that we all love him and feel that he gives us a different option to our normal strike force in the first team, we all doubt that he is in Brendans future plans so if he's a success for you it's possible that he will be made available for a permanent move. Don't know how this fits in with your transfer embargo though.

Sergio Garcia

From where I was sitting it was definitely a "goo goo goo goo goo" chant rather than a drawn out goooooooo. Didn't hear the latter the whole game.

I definitely heard it as a continuous Ngoooooooooooo rather than broken up oooooo from my seat at the front row of Section 43. It reminded me immediately of the golf style chants

I definitely heard it as a continuous Ngoooooooooooo rather than broken up oooooo from my seat at the front row of Section 43. It reminded me immediately of the golf style chants

Definitely sounded like a continuous ooo from down the front of the South stand! Reminded me of the man utd fans Ruuuuuuuuuuud for Van Nistelrooy... No way could it be mistaken for monkey chants!

You're welcome guys.

Tbh mate despite the fact that we all love him and feel that he gives us a different option to our normal strike force in the first team, we all doubt that he is in Brendans future plans so if he's a success for you it's possible that he will be made available for a permanent move. Don't know how this fits in with your transfer embargo though.

The embargo finishes the end of the season so wouldn't be a problem. The problem would be he's probably on more as a Liverpool reserve than we could afford to pay sadly :(

He's that different from normal strikers that at some point between now and the end of the season he's going to come up against a defence who fail completely to deal with him and rip them to bits.

The embargo finishes the end of the season so wouldn't be a problem. The problem would be he's probably on more as a Liverpool reserve than we could afford to pay sadly :(

I don't think he's on that much tbh mate. Our youngsters who've just broken into the 1st team were on about ?3k a week before they got their new contracts. Michael, as far as I'm aware, hasn't signed a new contract.

Danny Wilson might be a problem for you though, he's on about ?20k a week.

We've recently changed the under 21's formation to a 4-4-3 so he's equally adept with this

Obviously different rules in England, we're only allowed 10 outfield players, but he seemed to adapt ok.

:devilish:

BoJack Horseman

Seems to be a bit of both going by this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aWRImp1gCc

Starts of goo goo goo, morphs into gooooo then around the 40s mark the goo goo goo's kick off again.

Obviously different rules in England, we're only allowed 10 outfield players, but he seemed to adapt ok.

:devilish:

Oops! :10900:

Dr Ian Malcolm

I don't think he's on that much tbh mate. Our youngsters who've just broken into the 1st team were on about ?3k a week before they got their new contracts. Michael, as far as I'm aware, hasn't signed a new contract.

That's decent money up here.

The club seem hopeful that they can get Wilson permanently - I think everyone knows he's not going to get that kind of money anywhere else after leaving Liverpool.

Will depend on who we shift in the summer.

That's decent money up here.

The club seem hopeful that they can get Wilson permanently - I think everyone knows he's not going to get that kind of money anywhere else after leaving Liverpool.

Will depend on who we shift in the summer.

Danny just wants to get playing competetively again so will probably take a pay cut and his contracts up in the summer so he'll be a free transfer for you. Michael needs a higher level of game time to improve, he's got as far as he can in the under 21's but isn't ready for the EPL. Not sure when his contracts up but he signed in 2009 and he's not had it extended so he might be out of contract in the summer too.

Hi people, Liverpool fan here to share some info on your new striker.

Michael didn't feature much in our under 18's squad due to the players ahead of him, Pacheco, Eccleston, Amoo and a couple of injuries but he still finished as top scorer on 15 goals 2010/11. He really came into his own in the reserves last season and has continued that good form in the under 21's this season.

He had some excellent European experience last season, playing in the Next.Gen series against Inter, Sporting Lisbon and Ajax. We finished as runners up to Inter in the competition but he's overage for it this year.

He's used to playing in a 4-2-3-1 line up, being the loan striker so will hold the ball up well but is also very direct when attacking. He's very unorthodox in what he does and will surprise you with the amount of times he comes through 2, 3 or 4 players still with the ball and get a shot off, usually on target. We've recently changed the under 21's formation to a 4-4-3 so he's equally adept with this and is not afraid of going out to the wings and putting crosses over. He will drift out to the wings when he needs a rest, that's how he's been coached to take a breather so you'll have a bit of a moan occasionally but it's a couple of minutes then he's raring to go again.

As many of you have already seen Michael will keep going even when he's on his last legs. He's a great team player and will give his all and then some. He's a winner, as we've been fortunate to have a very successful youth setup for the last few years.

As for his chant, he's used to the Ngooooooooooo, which is why he responded so well when he heard it. Yes it does sound like monkey chants but he won't take offense.

Enjoy having him and I hope he helps you win the Cup and gets you further up the League, he won't let you down.

Thanks for the info man. Sounds very encouraging, especially the part about him being a winner and taking in 3-4 players.

Interesting to hear about his taking a breather by going out wide. Think ill save this post if folk start moaning about him doing that.

What's the name of the song that we used to sing "do do do do Larry Kingston" to?

Carnival De Paris

:10900:

When the Ngooooooo chant went up first, I was a bit worried, but it's blatantly obvious that we are saying his name. He acknowledged as much after his penalty.

I'm glad we are debating it though. Shows how far things have come since the 80s.

i think danny, if he has any common sense, will know that his days of earning anywhere near that again are a long way off.

he did excellent as a teenager and got his big move and secured a big contrct, but he has never lived up to that valuation and can't expect to be earning that anymore

depending on how succesful his loan spell is he may get a move to a championship club or something at the end of the season and be picking up something lie 1/3 - 1/2 of that wage.

but if he does OK and slots in well with the hearts squad without seting the heather alight, he might find this is his level and he wants to stay at SPL level for a while. in which case he wont find much better money at a motherwell or an aberdeen than he would here and he certainly wont find a better place to play his football.

BoJack Horseman

Papa's Got a Brand New Pigbag

That's the felly. Being doing my nut in. It was this version that I was thinking of.

Ngoo's name works with that. Could even go as far as goo goo goo goo Michael Ngoo.

Looks a cracking player, but he needs a wee fast guy to run off him to pick up the flick ons etc.

Thanks for the info man. Sounds very encouraging, especially the part about him being a winner and taking in 3-4 players.

Interesting to hear about his taking a breather by going out wide. Think ill save this post if folk start moaning about him doing that.

Aye, thanks the Liverpool lad who posted about him. No harm him taking a breather every 5 mins, it just means he will be fresh for his next foray towards the box.

He does have an unusual dribbling style, but it works and thats all we will care about. Brilliant to use him on Saturday as it has already saved our season at least the next 6 weeks of it!

i think danny, if he has any common sense, will know that his days of earning anywhere near that again are a long way off.

he did excellent as a teenager and got his big move and secured a big contrct, but he has never lived up to that valuation and can't expect to be earning that anymore

depending on how succesful his loan spell is he may get a move to a championship club or something at the end of the season and be picking up something lie 1/3 - 1/2 of that wage.

but if he does OK and slots in well with the hearts squad without seting the heather alight, he might find this is his level and he wants to stay at SPL level for a while. in which case he wont find much better money at a motherwell or an aberdeen than he would here and he certainly wont find a better place to play his football.

- Dont Know about that - does anyone think Romanov is gonna sanction taking on Danny Wilson next term for ?20,000 when the average wage for that team is possibly going to be around ?5000? We are not a buying club and won't be for some time. Maybe if we had a five million player to offload MGlynn would get cash to pay to bolster, but I don't think so at this time. PS I suggest the beg news by August is who is buying the club when Romanov moves on ( IMHO).

- Dont Know about that - does anyone think Romanov is gonna sanction taking on Danny Wilson next term for ?20,000

Nobody thinks that, not even Danny Wilson thinks that.

The question is does Danny Wilson think he'll get a better offer than one he (might) get from Hearts?

To a large extent that will depend on how well he does for Hearts when he is here, whether he puts himself back on the radar of other clubs, and if he gets offered any deals.

Winning the league cup and getting Hearts up the table will help.

Nice bit on Hearts website about Ngoo talking about Saturdays game and unbelievable support.

It's up to us now to create the same sort of atmosphere at Tynie that there was on Saturday

@BarryAnderson_8: Interviewed Michael Ngoo at #Hearts today. Shaking his hand is like grabbing a bunch of bananas. Absolute giant. Sod being an #SPL defender.

Racist

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

@BarryAnderson_8: Interviewed Michael Ngoo at #Hearts today. Shaking his hand is like grabbing a bunch of bananas. Absolute giant. Sod being an #SPL defender.

Racist

******* hell :rofl:

Racist

OMG.

Racist

Strange choice of words, can see him removing that tweet before end of today! Stupid man.

Francis Albert

Ironic that Rodgers is all over the sports pages of the English papers complaining about the lack of commitment of his young players in the tie against Oldham.

BoJack Horseman

Strange choice of words, can see him removing that tweet before end of today! Stupid man.

I absolutely hate implied racism. If that was a white man it would be an absolutely acceptable comparison to make.

I absolutely hate implied racism. If that was a white man it would be an absolutely acceptable comparison to make.

Strange choice of words all the same, at no point did I say anything about racism. Don't ever accuse me of stuff like that again. Ok?

Racist

:arry:

That's an even worse choice of words than when Michael Owen said Bradford were on fire :omg!:

BoJack Horseman

Strange choice of words all the same, at no point did I say anything about racism. Don't ever accuse me of stuff like that again. Ok?

At no point did I call you a racist. But you're calling BA a stupid man for using a comparison because you believe that such a comparison is racist, when in fact it's incredibly valid. A bunch of bananas does in fact resemble a giant hand.

At no point did I call you a racist. But you're calling BA a stupid man for using a comparison because you believe that such a comparison is racist, when in fact it's incredibly valid. A bunch of bananas does in fact resemble a giant hand.

Still a silly choice of words, the fact that people on here are talking about it tells you all you need to know about that STUPID comparison. I stick by what I said.

BoJack Horseman

Still a silly choice of words, the fact that people on here are talking about it tells you all you need to know about that STUPID comparison. I stick by what I said.

Why is it a stupid choice of words? Genuine question.

BoJack Horseman

Pretty obvious. Ask anyone on here, cos I'm done.

Nope, not obvious. Happy for anyone to answer but the question was directed at you.

I completely agree with you.

I'm late to the party here and it might have been done already, but ....when I think of Ngoo I touch myself

That's genius

"Ngoo let the dogs out?"

Archived