Michael Ngoo

:shitwine:

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gene Parmesan

A few observations:

Thought the NGOOOOO chant was great.

He doesn't have a clue how to act in front of a big crowd, but loved it anyway.

Some of his link up play with Jason Holt was joyous.

He seemed a bit happy when we won.

Him and Pum appear to have struck up an

Improbable 'odd couple' style bromance already.

He reminds me of Samaras - some mental touches and a baffling style but overall it just works.

I liked how he made sure to high five each player individually after he scored his pen.

Following on from the aggadoo attempt. How about

Aggadoo doo doo, we all love Michael Ngoo

Aggadoo doo doo, cos he scored on his debut

To the left, to the right, someone wrote 5 1 in sh1te

Let big Mike take a bow, cos we're going to Hampden now

The 5 1 bit can be changed to ...'even he knows HIbs are sh1te'. Haha

I was won over after about 10 mins. The lad has everything. He's very raw and makes some bad decisions but he's got the ability to be as influential as Ricardo Fuller, Mark de Vries, Edgaras Jankauskas or Craig Beattie.

He can be as good for Hearts as any of those.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

A very promising debut. He was knackered in extra time but put in a power of work, great finish and a great penalty. We couldn't have asked for much more really.

Great chant too, that will catch on.

His run in the first half which led to a corner was excellent, the Inverness defence didn't know what to do when he had the ball at his feet.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I know it's the done thing around these parts to suggest Jankauskas is a wage feef, but he was in constant communication with Ngoo yesterday and looked like he was encouraging him big time. Hopefully he can pass on some of his knowledge to the lad.

queensferryjambo

Good debut.

Once he gets into training with his team mates and get an understanding of the other players he should do the business for us.

I liked the Ngoo chants and he clearly knew the fans were singing for him - especially after the goal.

I do like the Vindaloo one as well though.

I was won over after about 10 mins. The lad has everything. He's very raw and makes some bad decisions but he's got the ability to be as influential as Ricardo Fuller, Mark de Vries, Edgaras Jankauskas or Craig Beattie.

He can be as good for Hearts as any of those.

Yip, hopefully a Lee Miller type signing that lifts us for the rest of the season.

Yip, hopefully a Lee Miller type signing that lifts us for the rest of the season.

Forgot about him. Aye him anaw.

Norfolk and Chance

I know it's the done thing around these parts to suggest Jankauskas is a wage feef, but he was in constant communication with Ngoo yesterday and looked like he was encouraging him big time. Hopefully he can pass on some of his knowledge to the lad.

Didn't notice that but it is very good to hear and makes a lot of sense, cheers mate

Ok, please read carefully what I say, I'm not saying the Hearts support is racist and would abuse one of our own players because of his colour but the Ngoo chant comes over as oo oo oo, you know, like monkey noises. I know the score, but most journalists watching are liable to turn this into racist chanting. Are you happy to be tarred with that brush "man"?

There must be some sort of other song that we can fit Ngoo into so I'd suggest that you employ yourself finding one

Jesus wept.

No racist chants reports in the papers today. Seems as though everybody understood what was being chanted.

No racist chants reports in the papers today. Seems as though everybody understood what was being chanted.

What a huge surprise.

The Ngooooooo thing does sound like booing, hopefully we can come up with something better than that for all the other goal celebrations we're going to have with him... :)

He was tremendous yesterday. Dream debut and he was just so impressive. The skill aspect is to be expected but what got me most (other than the goal) was his work rate. He worked his socks off and has a great attitude. Really looking forward to seeing how this new look team of ours shapes up over coming weeks. It's the first time this season that I've felt optimistic about our chance of pulling off some decent performance and moving up the league.

The Great Khali

He jinks to the left, he jinks to the right, Michael Ngoo, makes the thumb look like shite

People might think we're singing chink, so that's out :(

this guy is going to transform our season.

quality hold-up play, movement and a defiinte goal threat, although somewhat unorthadox.

love the chant, if he has no issues with it then neither do i.

a simple alternative could be to the seven nation army

Ohhh Michael Ngoo ooo!

Ohhh Michael Ngoo ooo!

Take a bow Michael, welcome to Gorgie

Just like Beattie, signs on for the last few months, scores vital goal in the semifinal and saves our season. LOVE HIM.

I thought he ran his arse off and made one hell of a diference to our play, as did big Wilson, those two were great as were all of our players, (Driver not so much and Robinson needs a kick in the nuts). How good were the youngsters at touch and move? it was a joy to behold.

Some lazy comparisons in the first few pages. I was in London so missed the game but can't wait to see him in action at Tynie.

Hopefully he plays like Dwight Yorke.

:whistling:

Looking forward to hearing the chant again on Wednesday. Great yesterday and with more practice...will be epic at Final from the 30,000.

Welcome to Scotland.

SmokeyHMFC1994

_65530403_hearts_celeb_sns.jpg

The big man is LOVING IT :jjyay:

And I thought Zaliukas was big,judging by this picture Ngoo seems massive Capt. Zal is jumping and still no bigger than him :lol:

But he sits wiff his hands in his pockets and dusnt do anyfin!

WAGE FEEF OOT NOW!

Stupid Sexy Flanders

I thought he ran his arse off and made one hell of a diference to our play, as did big Wilson, those two were great as were all of our players, (Driver not so much and Robinson needs a kick in the nuts). How good were the youngsters at touch and move? it was a joy to behold.

Robinson had a great game.

To agadoo

Michael ngoo goo goo

He hates hibs and celtic too

Michael ngoo goo goo

He hates hibs and celtic too

Repeat over and over

HillmanHearts

Thank you SFA/SPL for trying to royaly feck us up with the under 21 made-up deabacle signing pesh.

We've gone back to the "neccessity is the mother of invention" type signings and got in 2 total gems for feck all.

Back of the net !

Arthur Morgan

If somebody hears that chant and automatically thinks its racist then they are racist themselves. Why does his colour even need to be mentioned?!

Don't talk rubbish!

I honestly don't care if our fans chanting Ngoo's name sounds like monkey chanting. Yes it's an unfortunate coincidence, but we know what we we're chanting and it's certainly not racist. The media and others can interpret the chants how they like but they certainly aren't monkey chants and I see no reason to stop doing them. Would be nice to find another chant or song to do as well though.

We were shite in the wee cup until Michael Ngoo,

Till Michael Ngoo,

Till Michael Ngoo-oo-oo,

We were shite in the wee cup until Michael Ngoo.

PS I prefer the Vindaloo version by JamboJen.

Sergio Garcia

I love the Ngoo chant, similar to Luke Donald's Luuuuuuuuuuuuukkkkkkkkkeeee or Matt Kuchar's Kuuuuuuuuuuucccccccchhhhhhhhhhh it sounds a wee bit like booing but all players concerned including Ngoo yesterday know its meant in a positive fashion. Its usually done after something positive so I cant see how many will confused it with booing if its straight after a good incident. Not to sure where the monkey chats come into play as its a continuous Ngggggooooooooooooooooooooooo and not a Nggggggooo oo oo oo oo oo ala monkey noises as suggested.

Was very impressed with him, first 10 minutes he took to settle maybe trying a bit too hard but when he settled he was brilliant. Took his goal well and ran his heart our for 120 minutes eventhough he was dead on his feet for last part of extra time he was still causing them problems.

In regard to the two wayward crosses into the south stand, they came quite soon after he took a blow to the head so maybe he was still feeling the after effects of that.

I honestly don't care if our fans chanting Ngoo's name sounds like monkey chanting. Yes it's an unfortunate coincidence, but we know what we we're chanting and it's certainly not racist. The media and others can interpret the chants how they like but they certainly aren't monkey chants and I see no reason to stop doing them. Would be nice to find another chant or song to do as well though.

exactly, it's an unfortunate coincidence that we have a black player whos surname just so happens to rhyme perfectly with a monkey noise.

it doesn't matter what we sing or chant about the big fella, if his name is involved in that song it'll sound like a boo or a monkey noise

perhaps we should ask if he would change the name on the back of his shirt to something that rhymes with something a bit more pleasant

I've got the song for big Ngoo, and it's p*ss easy as well!

To the tune of "Johnny B. Goode"

Go, go!

Go, Michael, go, go!

Go, Michael, go, go!

Go, Michael, go, go!

Go, Michael, go, go!

Michael Ngoo!

jambopaul2007

Ok, please read carefully what I say, I'm not saying the Hearts support is racist and would abuse one of our own players because of his colour but the Ngoo chant comes over as oo oo oo, you know, like monkey noises. I know the score, but most journalists watching are liable to turn this into racist chanting. Are you happy to be tarred with that brush "man"?

There must be some sort of other song that we can fit Ngoo into so I'd suggest that you employ yourself finding one

thats just ridiculous, why would anyone think we are racially abusing one of our own players?

I've got the song for big Ngoo, and it's p*ss easy as well!

To the tune of "Johnny B. Goode"

Go, go!

Go, Michael, go, go!

Go, Michael, go, go!

Go, Michael, go, go!

Go, Michael, go, go!

Michael Ngoo!

620%20-%20chris_jericho%20clapping%20gif%20wwe.gif

Hi people, Liverpool fan here to share some info on your new striker.

Michael didn't feature much in our under 18's squad due to the players ahead of him, Pacheco, Eccleston, Amoo and a couple of injuries but he still finished as top scorer on 15 goals 2010/11. He really came into his own in the reserves last season and has continued that good form in the under 21's this season.

He had some excellent European experience last season, playing in the Next.Gen series against Inter, Sporting Lisbon and Ajax. We finished as runners up to Inter in the competition but he's overage for it this year.

He's used to playing in a 4-2-3-1 line up, being the loan striker so will hold the ball up well but is also very direct when attacking. He's very unorthodox in what he does and will surprise you with the amount of times he comes through 2, 3 or 4 players still with the ball and get a shot off, usually on target. We've recently changed the under 21's formation to a 4-4-3 so he's equally adept with this and is not afraid of going out to the wings and putting crosses over. He will drift out to the wings when he needs a rest, that's how he's been coached to take a breather so you'll have a bit of a moan occasionally but it's a couple of minutes then he's raring to go again.

As many of you have already seen Michael will keep going even when he's on his last legs. He's a great team player and will give his all and then some. He's a winner, as we've been fortunate to have a very successful youth setup for the last few years.

As for his chant, he's used to the Ngooooooooooo, which is why he responded so well when he heard it. Yes it does sound like monkey chants but he won't take offense.

Enjoy having him and I hope he helps you win the Cup and gets you further up the League, he won't let you down.

Snake Plissken

I like the cut of this young chap's jib.

He looked lanky and awkward in the first few minutes but really came onto a game as it went on. He looks like he'll do very well up here and I hope he goes back down south with a winner's medal and some fond memories.

Son Of Anarchy

Hi people, Liverpool fan here to share some info on your new striker.

Michael didn't feature much in our under 18's squad due to the players ahead of him, Pacheco, Eccleston, Amoo and a couple of injuries but he still finished as top scorer on 15 goals 2010/11. He really came into his own in the reserves last season and has continued that good form in the under 21's this season.

He had some excellent European experience last season, playing in the Next.Gen series against Inter, Sporting Lisbon and Ajax. We finished as runners up to Inter in the competition but he's overage for it this year.

He's used to playing in a 4-2-3-1 line up, being the loan striker so will hold the ball up well but is also very direct when attacking. He's very unorthodox in what he does and will surprise you with the amount of times he comes through 2, 3 or 4 players still with the ball and get a shot off, usually on target. We've recently changed the under 21's formation to a 4-4-3 so he's equally adept with this and is not afraid of going out to the wings and putting crosses over. He will drift out to the wings when he needs a rest, that's how he's been coached to take a breather so you'll have a bit of a moan occasionally but it's a couple of minutes then he's raring to go again.

As many of you have already seen Michael will keep going even when he's on his last legs. He's a great team player and will give his all and then some. He's a winner, as we've been fortunate to have a very successful youth setup for the last few years.

As for his chant, he's used to the Ngooooooooooo, which is why he responded so well when he heard it. Yes it does sound like monkey chants but he won't take offense.

Enjoy having him and I hope he helps you win the Cup and gets you further up the League, he won't let you down.

Thanks for the info and good wishes Reddeb.we appreciate your input.Ngoo looks just the player we need and one things for sure,he will be made welcome here in Gorgie

Archived