Game of Thrones season 3

Budgie.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Watched this on a stream at lunch today but enjoyed the episode so much Ive sky plussed to watch the best bits again tomorrow

:yas:

Loved Daenerys scene and Crasters Keep

Rory Mcann is great as the Hound and was even better this week. For Lord Beric most non book readers probably struggled to remember who he was (Ned sends him after the Mountain in season 1) whereas in the books he's built up a bit more

Varys scenes were excellent as was the Cersei-Tywin one

Re the Sansa and Loras arrangement : has he not been made kings guard on the show? I can't recall end of season 2 in throne room whether he requested a place in the guard. He hasn't been in the clobber this season so suppose answers my qq

Jaime/Brienne scenes good as always.

Wasn't sure about the Theon "my real father does in Kings Landing"

Much like Catelyns regret over Jon Snow it just seemed like it was added in the show to get more sympathy for unlikeable characters

North Berwick Jambo

Wow, one of the best episodes ever, my favourite tv show of all time by a long long way.

North Berwick Jambo

Looking forward to tonight's episode, last weeks was cracking.

Looking forward to tonight's episode, last weeks was cracking.

A bit too much crack this week for my liking.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

:omg!:

Wish they'd stick to normal credits music.

Quite liked that wee tune and was better being sung by her than the fool (whose obviously not made the TV show cut)

North Berwick Jambo

Love this tune from the adverts for the 3rd series

Quick question.

No soilers please.

Might seem a bit daft but WHY are the wildings going to war? As thoughs who have been watching will know there are other worries north of the wall without attacking someone else?

Valar Morghulis

Quick question.

No soilers please.

Might seem a bit daft but WHY are the wildings going to war? As thoughs who have been watching will know there are other worries north of the wall without attacking someone else?

Their main objective is safety. There's just a bloody big wall in the way, and they're not exactly welcome on the other side.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Wtf's she doing with Gendry????

perhaps she wants his kings blood to wake dragons and instead of introducing yet another character in Edric Storm (Roberts bassa from the stormlands) they're using Gendry for this storyline

Valar Morghulis

perhaps she wants his kings blood to wake dragons and instead of introducing yet another character in Edric Storm (Roberts bassa from the stormlands) they're using Gendry for this storyline

Yep, definitely. Makes me wonder what this means for Gendry's storyline in the books.

Valar Morghulis

Her comments to Arya were interesting too!

I wonder if the "green eyes" reference means she'll kill Cersei as a Faceless (Wo)Man??

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Yep, definitely. Makes me wonder what this means for Gendry's storyline in the books.

After Arya leaves the Brotherhood (with Hound) isnt Gendry not seen again until Brienne stumbles across the Brotherhood and gets taken to Lady Stoneheart/Catlyn?

In other words he doesnt really feature much after this point in any event (as far as I can recall anyway)

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Thought the lady Tyrell v Tywin scene was excellent

"we dont get in a big fuss over a bit of innocent buggery down in Highgarden" (or something similar) :lol:

Valar Morghulis

After Arya leaves the Brotherhood (with Hound) isnt Gendry not seen again until Brienne stumbles across the Brotherhood and gets taken to Lady Stoneheart/Catlyn?

In other words he doesnt really feature much after this point in any event (as far as I can recall anyway)

Yeah, I just wondered what it meant in terms of his role in the last two books.

It would be weird for him to head off with Mel to Dragonstone, and then head back to the Riverlands. His story arc must take him somewhere else, or nowhere at all. I can't imagine it being the latter. I think he must have a significant part to play in the last two books. I wonder if he'll end up at the wall. They're minus a smith after all.

Also, the fact that Mel told Arya they'll meet again is pretty significant.

PortyJambo

"we dont get in a big fuss over a bit of innocent buggery down in Highgarden" (or something similar) :lol:

"a sword swallower through and through" :lol:

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Definitely stood out as the best scene in the latest episode.

Sword swallower :lol:

Inspector Rex

Lady Olenna is probably my favourite character this season, along with Varys.

Vincent B.A

I was thinking the same, it must be something to do with the bloodline.

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

I think I've figured out who Theon's captor is, roughly:

I think he's one of Bolton's lot. House Bolton sigil thingy:

bolton.png

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

I think I've figured out who Theon's captor is, roughly:

I think he's one of Bolton's lot. House Bolton sigil thingy:

bolton.png

Yes, his ******* son Ramsay Snow

thats not even that big of a spoiler, last season Bolton was sending him to fight the ironborn at Winterfell so its fairly obvious

then theres the fact Theons been flayed and on a large X like the Bolton sigil

these scenes actually happen "off screen" in the book and the revelation about the young Stark boys to Ramsay is an addition and not sure how that will work with later storylines with Ramsay and starks

My mum taught a six year old lass called Pocahontas.

In Mid Calder.

:rofl:

Neilson's Shank

The Taergaryns and Jamie & Cersi Lannister are Hibs fans, they too are keen to shag their sisters.

Craig Gordons Gloves

My mum taught a six year old lass called Pocahontas.

In Mid Calder.

Same - my wife taught a Pocahonta McSevenney in Greenock.

Grandad giving grandson a bit of intimidation was fun last night. That Joffey [modedit] needs a good slap.

Jaime. :wub:

Now I can stop hiding my man-love whenever I'm talking about the show with folk who haven't read the books.

Is it bad that I'm starting to quite like Joffrey scenes?

Chad Sexington

Jaime. :wub:

Now I can stop hiding my man-love whenever I'm talking about the show with folk who haven't read the books.

It's one of Martin's great strengths as a writer. He actually has you rooting for a bloke who shags his sister and chucks bairns from towers. :)

Snake Plissken

It's one of Martin's great strengths as a writer. He actually has you rooting for a bloke who shags his sister and chucks bairns from towers. :)

:lol:

So true.

rossthejambo

:lol: very true.

The last couple of episodes are building up to something big, can feel it :jjyay:

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Decent episode this week, another build up to the penultimate one which is usually the biggie of the season

The Red Wedding is going to be emotional :sob:

Poor Theon.

:sob:

I'd have taken a dry ride from those two no matter what came next.

Archived