Game of Thrones season 3

Budgie.

You'll like it.

Books are better but the TV series has been not bad.

Understatement.

I dont doubt the books are great (desperate to read more of the books but personally waiting until after TV series so I dont spoil it for myself)

but the TV show has been the best thing made for TV in a long long time.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stuart McNeill

Currently on episode 5 of season 1 and wow, there's a lot of sex scenes haha.

I'm not totally into just now but I'll get there eventually.. Hopefully.

Currently on episode 5 of season 1 and wow, there's a lot of sex scenes haha.

I'm not totally into just now but I'll get there eventually.. Hopefully.

Same.

Seems a bit... Underwhelming thus far...

Just finished the episode where that dick with the blonde hair got gold poured on his head by the barbarian guys.

And for some reason his tidy sister doesn't feel the heat.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Same.

Just finished the episode where that dick with the blonde hair got gold poured on his head by the barbarian guys.

That's where season 1 starts to pick up the next few are immense

Same.

I was particularly whelmed by the golden crown, although it sounds like a despicable act of a sexual nature.

My advice would be, try not to heap too much expectation on a TV show, just sit back and enjoy it for what it is and try to absorb the story, which is tremendous. Don't hate it just because it has got popular, although that's probably a back of the mind type process anyway, rendering these words of wisdom useless.

Decent end. But typical for HBO (yes, yes, I ken it's based on a book), the penultimate episode was better than the series finale.

Ah well, bring on Boardwalk Empire. Newsroom back soon to tide me over.

North Berwick Jambo

As one of the "didn't read the books" clan I am looking forward to the final episode tonight after last weeks epic show, I know it can't hope to top last Monday but I hope it brings the third season to a really decent end while hinting towards the next series.

Boaby Ewing

I thought it was very good. Obviously not as dramatic as last week but there's some cracking scenes, and some very strong dialogue and character development.

The Imp is on top form.

I enjoyed the last episode too, never going to match up when compared against last week, but it set up next season very well. Lots to look forward to.

Just a shame we've got a year to wait. :(

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Typical season finale just tying up things and setting it up for next season which should be good as theres a good few things from the books which happen next

Was underwhelmed by Jaime's re-appearance to Kings Landing, was much better in the book.

rossthejambo

My Sky + has decided not to work. Having to decide whether to stay up and hope or it to appear "On Demand" at midnight or try to record it again through the night.

:sob:

Vincent B.A

I thought it was very good. Obviously not as dramatic as last week but there's some cracking scenes, and some very strong dialogue and character development.

The Imp is on top form.

I liked the scene with Jeoffry at the meeting. I think he's a really good actor that young guy.

Chad Sexington

Yeah, good episode. Was never going to compare with the high drama of the Red Wedding but how could it?

Sets us up up nicely for next season. :)

Yeah, good episode. Was never going to compare with the high drama of the Red Wedding but how could it?

Sets us up up nicely for next season. :)

He was in Batman Begins, was watching it recently and he is the kid Batman gives his bat gizmo to (then you see him later on after the gas is released).

Dual Control

Just watched series 3 in a one-er. Much better than series 2. Can't wait for the next one :)

Sterling Archer

For tv reviews I've always been a fan of Alan Sepinwall at hit fix

Stuart McNeill

Just finished watching season 1, found it fairly interesting.

Could fly through season 2 tomorrow since I'm off work.

Might actually do that tbh.

jamboinglasgow

watched all 3 seasons in about a week (watching series 3 episode 10 at the moment) and though I knew that there were going to be roughly what Red wedding was going to be about, did not expect one of the people killed. I hope Walder Frey gets what is coming to him and its a Stark who hands it out to him as that was brutal.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

:lol:

"Jaime Lannister forms Kinglsayer, the first metal band in Westeros"

"HODOR!"

:rofl:

Stuart McNeill

Just flew through season 2 and I really hate Joeffrey and his mum, however I guess that's a good thing.

Season 3 will be getting completed over tonight and tomorrow.

Stuart McNeill

just finished watching season 3, I knew what was going to happen but never knew who it was going to happen to and i'm absolutely gutted.

BoJack Horseman

Just fired through all 3 seasons since Monday. Absolutely fantastic viewing. About to fire into the books, I'm absolutely hooked. Anyone gone from the show to the books? Have you read past where the show is?

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Just fired through all 3 seasons since Monday. Absolutely fantastic viewing. About to fire into the books, I'm absolutely hooked. Anyone gone from the show to the books? Have you read past where the show is?

Yep I watched season 1 then read all 5 (or 7) books. Def recommend

Rudolf's Mate

Anyone else thing they should have ended the season with the wedding episode? I actually thought there was more after Mhysa :sob:

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Anyone else thing they should have ended the season with the wedding episode? I actually thought there was more after Mhysa :sob:

Nah GoT have a tried and tested formula of having something big happen in episode 9 Ned, Blackwater battle, red wedding the using finale to get a bit of aftermath and catch up with characters

Gavsy Van Gaverson

A taxi driver I know picked up Natalie Dormer (Margaery Tyrell) in Edinburgh tonight.

A taxi driver I know picked up Natalie Dormer (Margaery Tyrell) in Edinburgh tonight.

Lucky swine. Something very sexy about her, especially how she plays Margaery.

Natalie-Dormer-8.jpg

Snake Plissken

Yep I watched season 1 then read all 5 (or 7) books. Def recommend

Me too.

I got through all the books in about a month, highly recommended.

BoJack Horseman

Me too.

I got through all the books in about a month, highly recommended.

Were you happy enough to go past where the show was? I'm only a quarter way through the first book and I'm already hooked. Glad I watched the series first as It's much easier to follow the characters, and I'm loving the extra insight you get into their mindset. Highly doubt I'll be able to stop now I've started.

• 2 weeks later...

I read the first 3 books before watching all 3 seasons and was thoroughly impressed with both. But the finale is only so far through the third book, mind you I only just heard that the third book was actually done in 2 parts(I had the lot on a kindle download and didn't know). I was waiting until I finished watching all the episodes before I read the forth book, but now I'm not sure.

I'm now thinking that I will watch season 4 before reading the next book. Mind you, I doubt I'll be able to wait until next year before I read it

I'm going to be in Dubrovnik in August when they are filming season 4. I'll do my best to get a Joffrey and Tyrion 5-1 pic, but I'll most likely be stalking Margaery.

I'm going to be in Dubrovnik in August when they are filming season 4. I'll do my best to get a Joffrey and Tyrion 5-1 pic, but I'll most likely be stalking Margaery.

Joffrey, sat on the iron throne, doing a 5-1 would almost make me like him. Also, Jon snow standing on the wall singing " since 1902, since 1902" would be immense

Tommy Wiseau

I've just caught up with season 3.

I'm a little bit broken.

I know a girl who worked behind the scenes on the last 2 series, maybe all 3. I was on a night out with her last September when there was only a few weeks of filming left. I asked if she could get me on set and she said she could if I made it over in the next 4 weeks.

Didn't make it.

Could have had a pic on the iron throne.

:sob:

Archived