Game of Thrones season 3

Budgie.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shanks said no

Having read all the books Martin has got round to writing I can't wait, although I have this fear that they will do a Carnivale ie he dies before finishing the story or the studio pull the series!

Having read all the books Martin has got round to writing I can't wait, although I have this fear that they will do a Carnivale ie he dies before finishing the story or the studio pull the series!

RobertJordan died after completing 11 of the 12 Wheel of Times books.

I was like :seething:

But some other dude finished them off from his notes :pleasing:

Came to it late and so chuffed Sky Atlantic are showing season 2 agai in the run up to 3. Even my Mrs loves it.

Came to it late and so chuffed Sky Atlantic are showing season 2 agai in the run up to 3. Even my Mrs loves it.

Aw naw, has it started again?

I missed it first time around and have been waiting catch season two!

Its currently uploading to my dropbox. Send me a PM if you want a link.

Started last week so you've only missed the first one.

Every episode on the catch-up if you have Sky.

Jimmy McNulty

Read 4 of the 5 books so far. Taken a break as I felt book 4 dragged a little. Very little mention of the Imp, who is by far my favorite character.

Saw seasons 1 and 2 on HBO, but missed the 2nd last show in season 2 ("Blackwater", show with the big battle). Any directions to where one might see it would be appreciated...

Read 4 of the 5 books so far. Taken a break as I felt book 4 dragged a little. Very little mention of the Imp, who is by far my favorite character.

Saw seasons 1 and 2 on HBO, but missed the 2nd last show in season 2 ("Blackwater", show with the big battle). Any directions to where one might see it would be appreciated...

If you still have HBO, just wait it out. Repeats seem to be shown constantly!

Loved the books and s1 of the series but s2 was hugely disappointing.

The parts and characters that they seem to have glossed over were badly chosen and the bits they invented were shit.

I saw on TV in the states last week that the TV series and books are going to pull even further apart which is terrible news.

Can't wait for the next book, not really all that bothered about the TV series at the moment.

Loved the books and s1 of the series but s2 was hugely disappointing.

The parts and characters that they seem to have glossed over were badly chosen and the bits they invented were shit.

I saw on TV in the states last week that the TV series and books are going to pull even further apart which is terrible news.

Can't wait for the next book, not really all that bothered about the TV series at the moment.

Got to agree mate.

The Battle of Blackwater apart, season 2 was disappointing.

My mate gave me season 1&2 on a USB stick to watch last week... sat down and watched them in about three days!

L O V E D I T !

Gutted i'll have to wait to see season 3 now.

My mate gave me season 1&2 on a USB stick to watch last week... sat down and watched them in about three days!

L O V E D I T !

Gutted i'll have to wait to see season 3 now.

Not too much longer :thumbsup:

George R. R. Martin signs development deal with HBO

Deadline is reporting some huge news for fans of HBO andGame of Thrones. A Song of Ice and Fire author and Thronesco-executive producer George R. R. Martin has signed a two-year development deal with HBO.

EXCLUSIVE: George R.R. Martin, on whose fantasy book series HBO?s hit drama Game Of Thrones is based, has signed a two-year overall deal with the pay cable network. Under the pact, Martin will continue as co-executive producer on Game Of Thrones, whose Season 3 premieres March 31. Additionally, he will develop and produce new series projects for the network. Attached to Martin?s upcoming HBO development is his long-time representative, manager Vince Gerardis. In addition to co-executive producing Game Of Thrones, Martin has written multiple episodes of the fantasy series. His TV writing credits also include The Twilight Zone and the original Beauty And The Beast. He is with WME.

Winter Is Coming: Woah. I did not see this coming. So what does this mean for Game of Thrones? Probably not much, GRRM will still write his one episode per season and David & Dan will continue to run the show. What it does mean is that Martin also has the opportunity to pitch his own shows to HBO. Will it be original shows or shows based on Martin?s other novels? That?s unknown right now.

Vince Gerardis has mentioned a few times they?ve talked about doing a Dunk & Egg series. Might GRRM and HBO be looking to develop a mini-series or movies based on those short stories set in Westeros approximately 90 years prior to the events of Thrones? Only time will tell. One thing is for sure, this is yet another project Martin has added to his already crowded plate, with the next Ice and Fire novel being the most anticipated of those. There is more to come on this story, I?m sure. Expect word from the man himself soon.

http://winteriscomin...-deal-with-hbo/

• 2 weeks later...

Books spoiler.

Top trolling from the writers, suggesting Robb's going to get revenge. :rofl:

Cheers mate.

That. Looks. Amazing!

I reckon that must be Varys telling Tyrion he will have his revenge.

Is it book 3where he kills his father or is that book 4?

Dean Winchester

I reckon that must be Varys telling Tyrion he will have his revenge.

Is it book 3where he kills his father or is that book 4?

End of book 3 I think it was

Anybody else get the feeling they are going to not follow the books at all, just to keep everyone guessing?

I wouldn't mind that at all tbh.

I've read the books, enjoyed the storyline and twists and turns that George Martin wanted me to.

I look forward to being pleasantly surprised by new plot twists, scenes and dialogue from the show producers.

I wouldn't mind that at all tbh.

I've read the books, enjoyed the storyline and twists and turns that George Martin wanted me to.

I look forward to being pleasantly surprised by new plot twists, scenes and dialogue from the show producers.

The thing I missed from the first two seasons, as a book reader, was knowing what twists were coming, and not enjoying them as much as others seeing them for the first time so, yes, I wouldn't mind if the series started diverging from the books and giving us something new/more.

just finished season 2 not read any of the books but not really sure about the dead people at the end ???

The ones on horses with the spears are called White Walkers. They have the power to bring those they have killed back to life as Wights (like the one Jon kills with fire) not much is known about the White Walkers but they can only be killed with obsidian (dragon glass)

Extended trailer:

:jj:

Some really good extras added there, looks like they've captured the darkness of the third book really well.

Looking forward to seeing Beric and Thoros of Myr.

Archived