Scottish independence and devolution superthread

Happy Hearts

As you may see from my posts i,m highly delighted with the outcome,Over the last few months I,ve become a Tory b!"?^&d a traitor a quisling and more.However I recognise that Yes won 45% of the franchise .Things just have to change .Please no recriminations and I,ll be the first on the streets if anybody reneges on new powers .

With your past record on "demonstrations" I'm sure the boys in blue will be on high alert ??

I'm sorry, but it's not a "close" decision at all.

Look at the numbers of voters, not the percentages....not close at all.

Sorry Dex, don't agree with you on this point.

Considering, what you yourself said earlier on, even with the unanswered questions around currency, fiscal policy etc.. No, only won by 300k or so votes, do you really think those votes wouldn't swing, if say, Westminster fail to deliver on their pledges?

That aside, i don't think Westminster will do this and as you say time to move on and look to the future.

I voted Yes and am naturally disappointed but accept peoples reluctance to vote for independence.

The pressure is now very much on the three amigos to deliver whatever it was they promised in their "Vow".

Interesting times ahead I think. Politics might actually become interesting.

More gutted about this that i'd expected to be. Ach well, that's the people spoken. Hopefully it leads to some major changes but i doubt it.

Guest GhostHunter

I get the impression he's addressing the "new voters" getting them primed for the next election/by-election.

:lol:

What about those that want to remain Alex ?? What about what they think ??

Are you talking as First Minister, or, a leader of the Yes Campaign ??

FFS

The lack of clarity on some of the main issues has cost the Yes vote dear, Combined with the fear of change alongside the implied threats re jobs from many of Scotlands major employers has seen the No vote triumph.

Promises of new powers late on also had an impact.

Currency, Pensions, Security, EEC membership etc were all discussed but just what was going to happen was not made clear and certain for enough of the people.

Lessons need to be taken on board for any future vote but that is a long time in the future.. for now Scots need to accept that independence was not wanted by the majority of the people in our land.

We hope now that promises are kept and can impact upon our schools, health and jobs in this country..... and it is a country.

Alex Salmond spoke well in that brief appearance

Edited by CJGJ

With your past record on "demonstrations" I'm sure the boys in blue will be on high alert ??????

Cheers Stevie remember you campaigning on my behalf even if you had to be induced by lager.

P.S Martin on 06.50 flight today for game tomorrow

Cheers Stevie remember you campaigning on my behalf even if you had to be induced by lager.

P.S Martin on 06.50 flight today for game tomorrow

Seems like a lifetime ago mate.Good night for Scotland tonight.

Salmond reckons he is speaking for "all Scots"?

Sorry Eck but you don't speak for me!

Who does speak for you ?......Cameron, Clegg, Milliband or someone else.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Scotland has dodged a bullet big time here.

Salmond and the Yes mob have been unbelievably reckless, trying to suck people into independence on the basis of zero facts or guarantees. A sham of a campaign from them.

The lack of clarity on some of the main issues has cost the Yes vote dear, Combined with the fear of change alongside the implied threats re jobs from many of Scotlands major employers has seen the No vote triumph.

Promises of new powers late on also had an impact.

Currency, Pensions, Security, EEC membership etc were all discussed but just what was going to happen was not made clear and certain for enough of the people.

Lessons need to be taken on board for any future vote but that is a long time in the future.. for now Scots need to accept that independence was not wanted by the majority of the people in our land.

We hope now that promises are kept and can impact upon our schools, health and jobs in this country..... and it is a country.

Alex Salmond spoke well in that brief appearance

I voted No but you've touched on many of my feelings above although my wish has always been Devo Max

If Yes had been well thought out and structured telling us not just what they wanted but actually HOW they wanted to do it I may have been tempted but I'm sorry I refuse to commit to such a drastic change on empty promises

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Time for England do deliver devolution then.

I'll believe it when I see it.

No it isn't.

This government doesn't have a mandate from the UK electorate to deliver Devo Max. None of us in England voted in support of that. Scotland had its chance and it voted no. [modedit]

Edited by JKBMod 1

Guest GhostHunter

I voted No but you've touched on many of my feelings above although my wish has always been Devo Max

If Yes had been well thought out and structured telling us not just what they wanted but actually HOW they wanted to do it I may have been tempted but I'm sorry I refuse to commit to such a drastic change on empty promises

We've been Malky'd

Well said sir.

No it isn't.

This government doesn't have a mandate from the UK electorate to deliver Devo Max. None of us in England voted in support of that. Scotland had its chance and it voted no. [modedit]

Your leader (and indeed mine as it stands today) made promises to that effect and I presume he speaks for you.

A move to Federalism within the UK is inevitable

[modedit]

Edited by JKBMod 1

Guest C00l K1d

No it isn't.

The BT parties said if Scotland voted no we will get devolved powers.

It's obviously not going to happen, it was politicians being politicians.

[modedit]

• Moderators

We lost a couple of members from the thread early on tonight, but mostly we had very little modding to do even though more than a thousand messages were posted during the night. Members are asked to be respectful to each other, and not to engage in trolling or 'GIRUY' type posting. Thanks.

Bullseye.

I'm all for independence, but not when it's based on a total punt.

Seymour M Hersh

My problem with more powers to Holyrood is that the place is full of half-wits. Do we really want them to get more power over us. Time for some good people to step up to the political plate in Scotland and put themselves forward for election. Get rid of the failed local councillors who've moved up one carriage on the gravy train.

Oh and before anyone says Westminster is the same. I agree but the crowd in Holyrood make the shysters in Westminster look like rocket scientists.

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

Salmond's speech there was awful.

Thanking & congratulating those that voted Yes - no grace, no class.

I don't think Scotland can move on with him at the helm. Let Sturgreon take over and do it quickly.

John Reid living in dreamland if he thinks that's it forever re any future vote....oh and John when you are in a club you can leave it at any time.

For a generation yes but not forever