AGM Live

Flogel98

Buffalo Bill
What?

To see which muppet manager will accept a role the agm has established will see him pressured into playing players his boss wants in the team?

I like a lot of your posts BB and find you an intelligent poster.

I dont understand your intransigence in respect of this shambles

Not meaning to offend - quite the opposite I guess

I'm NOT (Whoops EDIT) painting a nice picture of this, mate.

I just said that for my own benefit, I think!

Buffalo Bill

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JT, things are not so black and white for most of us so please (with respect) give it a rest with the Vladgimp chat - it's getting dull.

Some of us have not yet reached meltdown. You clearly have which is cool but that's your opinion. Please stop calling the rest of us gimps for not hating just yet.

Like BB said, it's all about this summer for a lot of us. Maybe after the summer has gone and we still have Frail in charge and Clum leading the line, then i'll be right there with you.

Its fine mate - I dont expect respect from people, particularly given my stance - but thanks for the courtesy

I might very well be tiresome - I can accept that

Nothing and no-one will ever be able to convince me, however, that I am any more tiresome than the continual contempt and incompetence we are evidencing as the life is slowly strangled out of our football club

In short I will stop being tiresome when Vlad does.

Vladgimp is no more or less offensive than being called a hobo (when you are a Hearts fan) IMO

But lets debate the real issue

When you say it is down to the summer do you mean, its down the summer in the respect that you will not buy a season ticket until something happens, or that you will buy a season ticket regardless of the fact that it sends the message that Vlad can continue to treat us ALL like gimps?

Is it down to the summer to see if we appoint someone other than Frail that will allow Vlad to assert some control over the team - because, well it happens elsewhere and has been soooooooo successful over the last 2 seasons

What precisely is going to happen in the summer?

I've met and chatted with CO before and a nicer and more professional man you couldn't wish to meet.

But I could sense his embarrasment/discomfort at Roman Romanov.

It was awful, shambolic and utterly unprofessional.

New manager?

We're on a wing and a prayer now folks.

Buffalo Bill

I totally agree. It was car crash stuff and would have made great reality TV viewing such was the cringe factor and complete insanity of what is going on and the 'answers' given. The guy who talked of "the decision making process being disastrous" had it spot on in my opinion but nothing will change because of the ego's, background and type of people we are dealing with here.

The most sobering thought of all is that Vladimir Romanov genuinely believes he can run a football club from top to bottom successfully. Dear God.

The OP said he got a text from his mate:rolleyes: Surely his mate knows what Vlad looks like:)

First text was about atmosphere, second about content. At the time I posted, hadn't asked if Vlad was present but he wasn't Roman did all the talking.

Dismissive, arrogant, evasive, paranoid, clueless, ignorant yet mildly humorous at times.

Yet many on here were quick to dismiss as "embarrassing, childish and not very well thought out" the public letter to Vlad from the shareholders/fans group a few months back.

Yet above is what the fans/shareholders have had to put up with from an official representative of the Board for a second year running!!!

In reality RR looked like a man that had not seen, spoken or breathed Hearts for 12 months then turned up to answer some very critical questions.

He was out of his depth and clearly did not have all the answers.

The first 15-20 mins he was very aggrogant but calmed down after Sergi spoke to him.

Some nuggets of info.

1 - Seems to pointer that Frail may get the job.

2 - According to RR the 'current debt' is around the ?25m mark.

3 - They seemed relaxed and confident re the debt (heard that last year).

4 - When criticised about taking the club another ?51m re stand he said/threatened that they might just scale the whole thing down. IMHO I think he was being aggrogant about the fact that if you want the stand then the debt will go up.

5 - As DH said - Bednar is ours - only just!!!!! He clearly did not have a clue whether he was or not.

6 - Expect a few palyers to be sold in the summer.

7 - Going forward the team will be made up of predominatly players from the academy.

8 - Kept going on about bias towards the West/OF. Some wee guy called Lamont? gave a good wee speech re the fact that this has been going on for 60 years and more.

9 - I asked the question at the end re if planning permission is granted in Aug 08 then will work commence in May 09. Campbell Ogivie confirmed it should and be completed Dec 2010 or Jan 2011. No decision as to where we play during this period been taken.

10 - Club have a long term plan to break even etc.. but would not discuss here. Expect a share captial/debt release - similar to David Murray at Rangers. They are working on the finer details of that.

11 - No player will ever leave Hearts on a free again (Webster).

12 - Confirmed that they are failing at the monent and deserved criticism) after some prompting by a shareholder.

All in all - very low key.

Didnt you miss the bit about no 100% control for manager

Despite the 01 Jan announcement

Despite that being proclaimed by nearly all as the breaking point

Not that low key a comment surely??

Its fine mate - I dont expect respect from people, particularly given my stance - but thanks for the courtesy

I might very well be tiresome - I can accept that

Nothing and no-one will ever be able to convince me, however, that I am any more tiresome than the continual contempt and incompetence we are evidencing as the life is slowly strangled out of our football club

In short I will stop being tiresome when Vlad does.

Vladgimp is no more or less offensive than being called a hobo (when you are a Hearts fan) IMO

But lets debate the real issue

When you say it is down to the summer do you mean, its down the summer in the respect that you will not buy a season ticket until something happens, or that you will buy a season ticket regardless of the fact that it sends the message that Vlad can continue to treat us ALL like gimps?

Is it down to the summer to see if we appoint someone other than Frail that will allow Vlad to assert some control over the team - because, well it happens elsewhere and has been soooooooo successful over the last 2 seasons

What precisely is going to happen in the summer?

I mean that if a proper manager is not appointed and allowed to rebuild the team by the time next season kicks off , that'll be the last straw and i will not be renewing and will have lost all faith in the current ownership.

Buffalo Bill

I feel most depressed after attending that.

Buffalo Bill

Commander Harris
Yet many on here were quick to dismiss as "embarrassing, childish and not very well thought out" the public letter to Vlad from the shareholders/fans group a few months back.

Yet above is what the fans/shareholders have had to put up with from an official representative of the Board for a second year running!!!

yes that attitude is shocking and out of order, all the more reason to show them how it should be done :)

NoseLikeMahe

Pundits, commentators and fans of all other clubs have been saying for... well... ages... that they can't believe the Hearts fans have let this go for so long without doing anything about it. Jambo's generally reply in a predictable, admirable but ultimately naively defiant manner.

Fact is that so many lines have been drawn in the sand and, every time, the Romanov regime have not only crossed that line... They've stomped on all the weans sand castles at the same time.

The lack of any real, tangible reaction from the support to their unpopular rule has allowed them now to be utterly dismissive, arrogant and obnoxious to their own paying customers, safe in the knowledge that the dafties will still stump up the sheckles regardless.

A drastic reduction in season ticket sales is the only way I can see (short of finding an interested buyer) to make a mark on the situation. Otherwise nobody can complain about having to put up with the lies, mismanagement and inept football for the forseeable future.

Don't draw any more lines in the sand. Put up now, or shut up and take it. For the good of the club and its future I would urge take up on the first option.

And yes, I 'put up' a while ago.... I'll now 'shut up' ;)

JT, things are not so black and white for most of us so please (with respect) give it a rest with the Vladgimp chat - it's getting dull.

Some of us have not yet reached meltdown. You clearly have which is cool but that's your opinion. Please stop calling the rest of us gimps for not hating just yet.

Like BB said, it's all about this summer for a lot of us. Maybe after the summer has gone and we still have Frail in charge and Clum leading the line, then i'll be right there with you.

The deadline for me is not the summer - it is at the end of the Season Ticket renewal period.

They have had 4 months since the 1st Jan statement and haven't even got as far as interviewing anyone. There is no point waiting to the summer and finding that nothing has happened after you have splashed out your ?450.

I mean that if a proper manager is not appointed and allowed to rebuild the team by the time next season kicks off , that'll be the last straw and i will not be renewing and will have lost all faith in the current ownership.

OK, but what about the RR comment that this manager, whoever it is (ie Frail), will not have 100% control.

Guest JamboRobbo

And mine.

Didnt you miss the bit about no 100% control for manager

Despite the 01 Jan announcement

Despite that being proclaimed by nearly all as the breaking point

Not that low key a comment surely??

TBH I must off missed that.

People were talking and shouting and he muttered half responses most of the time.

Not saying he didn't say it but I didn't hear it myself.

Ryan Gosling

Sounds like an over-reaction to me.

The AGM seems to have gone very well. Like anyone believes that! Wonder who'll bite?

Terrible Trio
Just back, to think i took a days holiday to attend that farce.

RR is a complete and utter tool.

Stevie frail will still be in the dug out next season. :mad: No new manager.

get yourself out for a game of golf

Geoff Kilpatrick
OK, but what about the RR comment that this manager, whoever it is (ie Frail), will not have 100% control.

I would accept that IF it could be guaranteed if Frail, or whoever, was picking the team even if he didn't sign the players. The difference is that the days of Vlad bringing in the likes of Fyssas and Jankauskas himself seem to be long gone.

ArmiyaRomanova
I feel most depressed after attending that.

Buffalo Bill

Didn't see you there...

So did I, but probably for very different reasons from you!

AR

marshallschunkychicken

The AGM seems to have gone very well. Like anyone believes that! Wonder who'll bite?

Haha I think folk are wise to that game now.... ;)

Buffalo Bill

I'd pay ?450 to watch 11 youngsters from the Academy if it meant we had a club pulling in the one direction.

In fact, I'd prefer that to watching the dross we have just now.

But we not all pulling in the one direction.

We're a ****ing shambles.

It's easy to fix. But for Vlad and Son, it seems an impossible, arrogant step to make.

Buffalo Bill

He refused.

Confidential apparantly.

Don't get that one. Surely as shareholders with a stake in the company and have an interest in your share prices etc you should surely have a right to that information. Doesnt matter the size of the stake in the company you have a right to know. Why were there no fireworks?

Ryan Gosling
I'd pay ?450 to watch 11 youngsters from the Academy if it meant we had a club pulling in the one direction.

In fact, I'd prefer that to watching the dross we have just now.

But we not all pulling in the one direction.

We're a ****ing shambles.

It's easy to fix. But for Vlad and Son, it seems an impossible, arrogant step to make.

Buffalo Bill

You already can, and it's free!

Buffalo Bill
Didn't see you there...

So did I, but probably for very different reasons from you!

AR

I know your stance mate.

But I'd rather you bought me a Guinness before telling me it!

Buffalo Bill

RR is unbelivably aggrogant and far removed from the situation facing hearts.

It's pity Campbell Ogilvie was not given the time to speak more - he only spoke to anser my question re the stand and that was the last question.

IMHO there were no suprises and no shocks.

Frail gets the job and Vlad 'helps' him in team selection. :sad:

In reality RR looked like a man that had not seen, spoken or breathed Hearts for 12 months then turned up to answer some very critical questions.

The first 15-20 mins he was very aggrogant but calmed down after Sergi spoke to him.

Some nuggets of info.

4 - When criticised about taking the club another ?51m re stand he said/threatened that they might just scale the whole thing down. IMHO I think he was being aggrogant about the fact that if you want the stand then the debt will go up.

5 - As DH said - Bednar is ours - only just!!!!! He clearly did not have a clue whether he was or not.

7 - Going forward the team will be made up of predominatly players from the academy.

8 - Kept going on about bias towards the West/OF. Some wee guy called Lamont? gave a good wee speech re the fact that this has been going on for 60 years and more.

9 - I asked the question at the end re if planning permission is granted in Aug 08 then will work commence in May 09. Campbell Ogivie confirmed it should and be completed Dec 2010 or Jan 2011. No decision as to where we play during this period been taken.

10 - Club have a long term plan to break even etc.. but would not discuss here. Expect a share captial/debt release - similar to David Murray at Rangers. They are working on the finer details of that.

12 - Confirmed that they are failing at the monent and deserved criticism) after some prompting by a shareholder.

Just in - and I've got a headache. What was that like?

Just to add to some of the points above. The defensive agressive posture the first twenty minutes was bordering on pathetic - I honestly couldn't look at times. Second half was a bit better.

1 - Seems to pointer that Frail may get the job. He did, but then later seemed to recant that and said they wanted someone 'more experienced' But then he seemed to go back on the 'British-type manager' thing, laughingly comparing us to England. said it would be 'easy' for them to appoint a British-type manager as they would be off the hook 'when' it failed.

2 - According to RR the 'current debt' is around the ?25m mark. Probably not far off.

4 - When criticised about taking the club another ?51m re stand he said/threatened that they might just scale the whole thing down. Stupid, childish, arrogant response.

5 - As DH said - Bednar is ours - only just!!!!! He clearly did not have a clue whether he was or not. He said he wasn't and that Kaunas would get the money, until Pedro began waving his arms frantically.

7 - Going forward the team will be made up of predominatly players from the academy. Don't think he said this TBH. He was asked when the club would break even, and he replied 'when we play only players from the academy.' Another childish response.

8 - Kept going on about bias towards the West/OF. Some wee guy called Lamont? gave a good wee speech re the fact that this has been going on for 60 years and more. I thought it was a cringeworthy old fart type speech.

9 - I asked the question at the end re if planning permission is granted in Aug 08 then will work commence in May 09. Campbell Ogivie confirmed it should and be completed Dec 2010 or Jan 2011. No decision as to where we play during this period been taken.Ah hah - spotted! :-)

10 - Club have a long term plan to break even etc.. but would not discuss here. Expect a share captial/debt release - similar to David Murray at Rangers. They are working on the finer details of that.Serge spoke here - and he speaks very well.

11 - No player will ever leave Hearts on a free again (Webster).Don't know how he can possibly make that claim.

Who were the three apparatchiks down the front? One Indian-looking guy with a goatee who thought he was the ringmaster at the circus, an older guy that looked like he was about to drop dead of hypertension, and a younger-looking dude, balding with glasses, who asked a question. They were definitely onside.

Cardiac Rucksack

Some nuggets of info.

Seems to be it depended on your outlook before going in to the meeting, on how its been reported, this post seems a lot more positive(possibly not the right word) in comparison to Drylaws.

We are up **** creek folks but at this present time we have an oar. Whether its used correctly, as it has been in the past, from now on only Vlad knows.

nobody cause I have highlighted it! lol

Hans von Luck
I?m just back.

Roman was evasive, bullish and arrogant.

He told us nothing, and reassured us even less so.

Plus, and this is just a personal observation: but there were far too many old geezers standing with the mic holding court. It was like being at a bloody wedding.

It was meant to be questions from the floor: not tell us your life story.

I?d love to know what Campbell was thinking when the man sitting next to him was acting like an arse.

It all comes down to the summer.

Buffalo Bill

Agreed just back myself Buffalo.

The most embarrasing things for me were Romans rant about referees again, playing right into the hands of the Weegie press and some erse slavering on how well the Hobos conduct their business.

Rodney getting too arrogont and not even willing to listen to anyone.

NoseLikeMahe
I would accept that IF it could be guaranteed if Frail, or whoever, was picking the team even if he didn't sign the players. The difference is that the days of Vlad bringing in the likes of Fyssas and Jankauskas himself seem to be long gone.

Frail was getting to pick the team himself as long as Vlad had no interest... As soon as Vlad turned up at a game, Frail's much promised 100% control was revoked. No matter what angle you come at it from, this situation cannot work.

That's a fairly ambiguous comment and we don't know exactly what he meant. We have heard already on here the Robinson has his say in team matters when JJ was in charge, David Murray has a say in team matters at the huns etc

It might mean that Vlad dictates that a player must play or it might mean that he wants an explanation / briefing about what the managers playing staff plans are. The only person who knows for sure is Vlad and he is not telling.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating etc so if we appoint a proper manager and he starts to get to work on the rebuilding in a timely and positive manner, we'll know that Vlad having a say is manageable. If we appoint a manager and he quits early or we stay with Frail, we'll know it's not.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Don't get that one. Surely as shareholders with a stake in the company and have an interest in your share prices etc you should surely have a right to that information. Doesnt matter the size of the stake in the company you have a right to know. Why were there no fireworks?

I have to agree with you (there's a first!). The whole point of AGM's is for shareholders to hold boards to account. "Commercial confidentiality" can't be used as a smokescreen here.

Oh, and Rodders thinks it's fine for the players to address Frail as Shaggy, because he's young. If it was Alex Ferguson it wouldn't be appropriate because he's 'about 75'.

It pains me but most predictions I make about the romanovs and their tactics come true these days

I still fully believe we will not see this reconstruction through to completion and honestly believe the second they work out the most profitable way to liquidise the assets - and a profit is there to be made - this club is finished as we know it

As for CO and SF - no better than RR, if they had any dignity they would walk and join an organisation which would treat them with the respect they have gained for being good at their jobs as opposed to one who pays to wheel them out when he needs a lapdog to take the grief

As for CM, well done, you almost earned your cash this week but we all see through all the positive PR stories we had earlier this week

did anyone question the ridicolous time it took to release accounts or call an AGM and the unnecessary fines incurred?

Were any written questions submitted, out of interest?

I think there may have been - Rodney went to pick up some papers at one point and looked as if he was going to read from them, but then got sidetracked. So if there were they weren't read out.

yes that attitude is shocking and out of order, all the more reason to show them how it should be done :)

Maybe not show them how to do it, maybe make suggestions as to how we feel it could be done better. But without any shadow of a doubt we should, no we must, show that we will no longer accept their ways of running our club and their contempt for ourselves as supporters and paying customers!

RR is unbelivably aggrogant and far removed from the situation facing hearts.

It's pity Campbell Ogilvie was not given the time to speak more - he only spoke to anser my question re the stand and that was the last question.

IMHO there were no suprises and no shocks.

Frail gets the job and Vlad 'helps' him in team selection. :sad:

Taken from BBC

Romanov hints at summer upheaval

Romanov defended his regime at the annual meeting

Hearts chairman Roman Romanov has issued a warning to some of the club's better-paid players and confirmed that they are still seeking a new manager.

He stressed that the squad's size must be cut to reduce Hearts' ?37m debt.

Romanov told shareholders at the club's annual meeting that five or six of their highest-earning players were not contributing enough.

And he said they were seeking a "more experienced, more mature person" to take over from caretaker Stevie Frail.

About 400 shareholders attended Friday's meeting, which was was not attended by the chairman's father, owner Vladimir Romanov.

And, when one shareholder was critical of the Lithuanian's regime, the chairman said: "How many games have been screwed by referees?"

Hearts have missed out on a top-six finish in the Scottish Premier League.

And, although Frail has succeeded in improving the team's fortunes since taking sole charge in January, it appears that he has not done enough to be given the manager's job permanently.

Hearts' recently released financial figures for the year to July showing an increasing debt burden

it was stressed at that time that the Edinburgh club were actively taking steps to reduce their wage bill and improve the salary-to-turnover ratio.

Unfortunatly the worst communicater hogged 99% of the mic time.

My impression of RR was that he had no idea about the details regarding the club.

I'm not sure I can add anything that DrylawHearts and BuffaloBill haven't already said. It really was as bad as watching the first team play.

One guy asking a question practically begged the board to say something positive that would give us hope for the future. Other than platitudes about "trust us" they couldn't.

The only positive I could give is they maybe heard the message that we want a manager and it should not be Frail.

Wether they act on that message is another matter.

Seems to be it depended on your outlook before going in to the meeting, on how its been reported, this post seems a lot more positive(possibly not the right word) in comparison to Drylaws.

We are up **** creek folks but at this present time we have an oar. Whether its used correctly, as it has been in the past, from now on only Vlad knows.

Pretty much spot on.

no other show in town.

When quite rightly there was vocal criticism did anyone else in attendance sense Rodders bordered on making a couple of veiled threats with regard stadia development and the whole financial invesment in the club ??

Personally I think RR would happily see his father walk away from Hearts at this point but that maybe because he has to deal with days like today.

siegementality
I've met and chatted with CO before and a nicer and more professional man you couldn't wish to meet.

But I could sense his embarrasment/discomfort at Roman Romanov.

It was awful, shambolic and utterly unprofessional.

New manager?

We're on a wing and a prayer now folks.

Buffalo Bill

Seems that Romanov has surrounded himself with "nice men", CO and DS, etc. They are all maybe a bit uncomfortable with what's going on but they're still prepared to take Romanovs money.

Morales seem to be sorely lacking at Tynecastle, from the arrogant, down to the "nice men". Bunch of fecking w@nkers the lot of them.

When quite rightly there was vocal criticism did anyone else in attendance sense Rodders bordered on making a couple of veiled threats with regard stadia development and the whole financial invesment in the club ??

Personally I think RR would happily see his father walk away from Hearts at this point but that maybe because he has to deal with days like today.

He did have a couple of 'be careful what you wish for' moments but I think (hope) it was just bluster.

Buffalo Bill

Re the Main Stand development:

"Maybe we'll build a cheap stand instead"

WTF?!!

We spend over a million on preparing planning and the 'leader' of this club is talking of pulling out of the deal willy nilly!

His performance was the worst I've seen since Gemini on Euorvision.

Buffalo Bill

Carl Spackler

I fail to see what difference not renewing will make. If everyone did it it's a statement fair enough but it's only ?4m quid or so probably. We are always told the plans are long term and that is all the Romanov's are thinking about. In the long term they will consider this a minor hindrence because when they do get it right we'll all be back. They will find a way to take the interim hit.

Make your own choice on renewal. Do you want to watch Hearts or not? Personally I do but there's only so long I can take watching performances where I feel there is a complete lack of effort. If somebody can come up with decent strategy to make Romanov come good on his promise to get a decent manager and give 100% control of the team to him then I'm all ears but the season ticket issue makes no difference in my opinion.

Also it sounds like RR knew hee haw about what's going on anyway so I'll not be taking anything from his statements.

I continue to live in hope but we just have to live with Vlad. IMO the only way out is for another benefactor to come along and you can't choose them. Ask Liverpool.

Wasn't at the meeting.

But my sense is that the issue is that the Romanovs are gradually being exposed for having insufficient money to back up all their talk (Hearts, St Andrew's Square etc). Rodney's reported behaviour today and previous occasions might just be about embarassment on that issue.

Archived