AGM Live

Flogel98

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cardiac Rucksack
It seems some sort of "here's what we REALLY meant" video has been hastilly produced and is now on the website. Sergi talks well as usual.

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1292931,00.html

Why do this rather that put Serg in place at the AGM? Its alot of positive spin though in the main. Especially the bit stated about the financing of the new stand coming from UBIG.

Denny Crane
:eek:

If Vlad feels he sometimes has to pick the team, the week he does this, maybe a supporter can look after the accounts of Ukio Bankas while he pretends to be a football manager?;)

Cardiac Rucksack
Who knows mate.

Its just the administration side of things all over, erse over elbow. They never seem to learn from their mistakes, which can only be bad.

Guest JamboRobbo
Its just the administration side of things all over, erse over elbow. They never seem to learn from their mistakes, which can only be bad.

Agreed. You hear people like Sergi though, and it's clear he's an intelligent and thoughtful man. It's also clear that good investment has been made in youth and future fans (magnificent 7 etc).

Just appoint some professionals, and let them run the football side. Sit back and enjoy. Seems so simple.

It seems some sort of "here's what we REALLY meant" video has been hastilly produced and is now on the website. Sergi talks well as usual.

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1292931,00.html

I don't know why but I am ****ing myself. Just listened to the bit where Sergi has said we are working to get the manager in by the start of pre-season. Only at Hearts can the Chairman take the **** out of the fans and talk up a manager the vast and I mean vast majority of fans don't want.

Then later in the day have a proper director (I mean in the sense he is respectable and seems to know what he is talking about) come out and say all the things fans want to hear (Albeit I have only got to the bit about the manager).

I am certainly feeling a bit better now.

But as we all know. Time will tell.

Also agree with you JR. He does speak really well. A likeable person.

Stuart Lyon

Its a damage limitation exercise designed to put things in a better light than Rodney did. Not happy with situation not happy with position in league. Understood the frustration in the room and was pleased to see the number of shareholders in the room,

First half of the season went badly. Managerial position not ideal Club looking to improve position. Speaking to potential candidates, Can't say who or where they are. As stated by RR today we won't go for easy decisions or quick appointment manager just to please the fans in the short term. He can say a number of people are doing their best to provide best possible man for teh job. Restrained from commenting on whether anyone from SPL is in the reckoning. Agrees we need skilfull manager - nationality not a barrier but understands the desire for a UK style manager. Does he understand UK football is diffeerent from non Uk football. Yes I know that but real professionals know how to adapt. UK and European managers can work in this environment. New manager will be coming on board, if we are luck in recruiting a new manager, hopefully by pre-season. we are working to achieve that. RR referred to SF and said he might be given the job. He said this was said to demonstrate that the Board wouldn't just listen to he fans. SF could be working alongside new manager but that would be up to the new manager. He hopes the new manager will be here for a long time 2 to 3 years but with football you can't say people would last that long. Would like person with long term strategy and goals who want to work with the club. They have their eyes on someone. Managers responsibility with others (Vlad) to manage intake of players.

Got to go now hope this helps those who don't have access.

For a lack of a better word.

****!

The only hope appears to be that Roman Romanov clearly has little to no clue with what's going on.

Guest JamboRobbo
Its a damage limitation exercise designed to put things in a better light than Rodney did. Not happy with situation not happy with position in league. Understood the frustration in the room and was pleased to see the number of shareholders in the room,

First half of the season went badly. Managerial position not ideal Club looking to improve position. Speaking to potential candidates, Can't say who or where they are. As stated by RR today we won't go for easy decisions or quick appointment manager just to please the fans in the short term. He can say a number of people are doing their best to provide best possible man for teh job. Restrained from commenting on whether anyone from SPL is in the reckoning. Agrees we need skilfull manager - nationality not a barrier but understands the desire for a UK style manager. Does he understand UK football is diffeerent from non Uk football. Yes I know that but real professionals know how to adapt. UK and European managers can work in this environment. New manager will be coming on board, if we are luck in recruiting a new manager, hopefully by pre-season. we are working to achieve that. RR referred to SF and said he might be given the job. He said this was said to demonstrate that the Board wouldn't just listen to he fans. SF could be working alongside new manager but that would be up to the new manager. He hopes the new manager will be here for a long time 2 to 3 years but with football you can't say people would last that long. Would like person with long term strategy and goals who want to work with the club. They have their eyes on someone. Managers responsibility with others (Vlad) to manage intake of players.

Got to go now hope this helps those who don't have access.

Good summary you missed out the bit where he promised us 2 world cup stars though. ;)

Cardiac Rucksack
For a lack of a better word.

****!

The only hope appears to be that Roman Romanov clearly has little to no clue with what's going on.

Yeah mate, I think someone has realised that Rodney fecked up big style and its serious damage limitations from now on. Let Serg and CO deal with this stuff and send Rodders back to Peckham.

Just listened to Fedotovas say (about Shaggy): "My understanding is that he will not be in the long-term position in the club."

Nursing a semi.:cool:

Guest JamboRobbo
Just listened to Fedotovas say: "My understanding is that he will not be in the long-term position in the club."

Nursing a semi.

too much info. :laugh:

Bringing in that Hobo plum Rodney for the first time in God knows how long to chair the AGM of a football club about which he knows **** all is obviously a bad start.

Really, they are rank amateurs at this football business. After three years you'd hope they might have learned something.

Guest JamboRobbo

also just picked up this quote from Roman in the Guardian

"If the manager understands that this player has to play because he has got potential' date=' [b']if he has the same view [as the owner] he gets full control[/b]. He will select players if we agree. It's team work.

So, if I'm reading that right, the manager will have full control, so long as he picks the same team Vlad would have picked?

Or am I missing something.

Just listened to Fedotovas say (about Shaggy): "My understanding is that he will not be in the long-term position in the club."

Nursing a semi.:cool:

:rofl:

"If the manager understands that this player has to play because he has got potential, if he has the same view [as the owner] he gets full control. He will select players if we agree. It's team work."

So, if I'm reading that right, the manager will have full control, so long as he picks the same team Vlad would have picked?

That's the way I read it :mad:

Guest JamboRobbo
That's the way I read it :mad:

I wonder how much is due to language and being put on the spot, how much is down to Rodney being a plonker, and how much is true.

Confusion reigns as usual.

Imeantasong

Reassuring isn't it?

Cardiac Rucksack
I wonder how much is due to language and being put on the spot, how much is down to Rodney being a plonker, and how much is true.

Confusion reigns as usual.

Rodney, or Dave as I am now going to refer to him as, is an erse, He should be sent back to look after those Bosnian pensions and never darken our doors again. Severe **** up by Vlad.

:biggrin:

Different class. Don't even know what to say to that.

I can just see the interviews process:

VR: "Wasssssuuuuupppppp (Budweiser advert from a few years ago style). Write down who would be in your world XI on a bit of paper and I will do the same. If they match then you have the job."

Candidate: "Erm....I think I left the cooker on. Got to go....."

Imeantasong

Just listened to the whole thing.

More measured and less volatile. I know it's not the live show, but what a difference.

RR had a man to his left and a man to his right, far better equipped to deal with people in an adult and responsible fashion.

At least I wouldn't have felt like giving them a kicking.

Makes it obvious Vlad should sack his laddie, the disaster.

Ryan Gosling
He wasn't up for grabs unfortunately - just Fedotovas and the auditors.

I hope you - and everyone else - approved him.

Having had time to reflect on today's events at the AGM it is now clear to me that Roman Romanov has little to do with the day-to-day running of HMFC. This is borne out by the fact that he was unaware of the current registration position regarding Roman Bednar - he had to defer to Pedro. His rants and dismissive attitude towards the fans were highly inappropriate (although there were a few in the audience taking their dogmas for walks!)

The only interventions worthy of note came from Sergi and Campbell. This I found reassuring given their prominence in the operational aspects of our club.

To summarise, it was an extremely poor AGM. The sooner Roman is removed from his position as Chairman/CEO the better. We need someone of quality and stature in this key position who can be an asset to our club.

Imeantasong

That first shareholder who spoke, the one who thinks he's a TV evangelist, was quite funny with his first comment though.

Mr Romanov, as chairman of Heart of Midlothian, welcome to Tynecastle.

Heh heh.

Drylaw Hearts
Fedotovas really is the man.

He should be our chairman.

Why ?

What has he done to deserve such an accolade ?

What makes him any different to the rest of VR's puppets ?

boabyarsebiscuit
Why ?

Well, he's not a ****** for a startoff.

Why ?

Never mind that DH.

Did you not see moi on BBC?

Giving out autogrpahs in the TA after the game tomorrow.

Ryan Gosling
Well, he's not a ****** for a startoff.

He doesn't have a Gary Caldwell Special Needs haircut either.

Drylaw Hearts
Never mind that DH.

I thought it was your better looking twin.

:P

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Sorry I haven't read through the whole thread but I've got a question.

Surely some short tempered Jambo lost the plot at this tosser when he was blatantly taking the **** out of every Hearts fan in the room?

If it's as bad as it sounds I have no idea how he never got a good battering. :mad:

Dirk Diggler
Never mind that DH.

I know it's cold but was there any need for that daft hat with the Saltire on it?

Am listening to the Fedatovas interview.

He is obviously a far more professional presenter.

It is yet another ludicrous decision by VR that RR should have a position of seniority over Fedatovas.

However, he is very good at saying not a lot in this interview.

In reality RR looked like a man that had not seen, spoken or breathed Hearts for 12 months then turned up to answer some very critical questions.

He was out of his depth and clearly did not have all the answers.

The first 15-20 mins he was very aggrogant but calmed down after Sergi spoke to him.

Some nuggets of info.

1 - Seems to pointer that Frail may get the job.

2 - According to RR the 'current debt' is around the ?25m mark.

3 - They seemed relaxed and confident re the debt (heard that last year).

4 - When criticised about taking the club another ?51m re stand he said/threatened that they might just scale the whole thing down. IMHO I think he was being aggrogant about the fact that if you want the stand then the debt will go up.

5 - As DH said - Bednar is ours - only just!!!!! He clearly did not have a clue whether he was or not.

6 - Expect a few palyers to be sold in the summer.

7 - Going forward the team will be made up of predominatly players from the academy.

8 - Kept going on about bias towards the West/OF. Some wee guy called Lamont? gave a good wee speech re the fact that this has been going on for 60 years and more.

9 - I asked the question at the end re if planning permission is granted in Aug 08 then will work commence in May 09. Campbell Ogivie confirmed it should and be completed Dec 2010 or Jan 2011. No decision as to where we play during this period been taken.

10 - Club have a long term plan to break even etc.. but would not discuss here. Expect a share captial/debt release - similar to David Murray at Rangers. They are working on the finer details of that.

11 - No player will ever leave Hearts on a free again (Webster).

12 - Confirmed that they are failing at the monent and deserved criticism) after some prompting by a shareholder.

All in all - very low key.

So everything in the garden is rosy!

The Old Tolbooth

That was my first AGM, and I have to admit that I sat there in sheer disbelief for most of it.

I honestly didnt realise that our club was in such amatuerish hands!

First of all his rant at the old firm was simply incredible, and very unprofessional, and I honestly cant believe that man in his position would come out with such a stupid rant!

Campbell Ogilvie was clearly embarrassed by him, and when I say embarrassed, I mean you got the feeling that he wanted the ground to open up and swallow them! It was THAT bad!

Last year we were apparently told not to worry about the debt as it is all in hand, it was UBIG's debt and not ours to worry about, this year he states that the only way we can reduce the debt is by selling players at a profit! WTF?!?!

We have NO players that are worth any money other than Bednar and possibly Kingston, thats it! If thats how they propose to drive the debt down then we're in deep doo doo! Very worrying indeed!

Next he was asked about the managers situation, and he was evasive to the point of confusing himself! Firstly he stated that Shaggy was doing a great job and the impression I got was that he's going to be manager after the summer. Then when challenged about who the new mananger is going to be, he very arrogantly asked the questioner back, do you know a manager that we could appoint? WTF!?!?

I really couldnt believe what I was hearing at times, and left the meeting with my jaw hitting the floor, I dont think it has really sunk in just how pathetic Roman Romanov really is, just how out of touch the guy is with reality, and just how little clue the guy has when it comes to Heart of Midlothian FC. Not knowing who Bednar belonged to was absolutely cringeworthy!

My mate who I attended the AGM with, stood up and stated that the Romanovs quite rightly so milked the plaudits when we finished 2nd in the league, and won the Scottish Cup, however now that we are in 8th place in the league and facing the prospect of games against the likes of Gretna, St Mirren etc, then they had to take the rough with the smooth, and accused Romans fathers interference as being the reason we are as poor as we are right now, and Roman actually agreed that his father had to take some of the blame (the only chink of light from the whole meeting!)

Roman kept reffering to the fact that they had delivered the Scottish Cup, and 2nd place in the league, and mentioned this at least half a dozen times, however conveniently forgot to mention that we failed to build on that and mount a serious challenge to actually qualify for the CL group stages, or the UEFA cup group stages, or build on our league finish etc etc etc.

Finally, who were the old guys who stood up and praised the Romanovs? It looked like an episode of Trisha where the guests had been planted in the audience and paid to butter the regime up, it was quite frankly pathetic, and the more I think about it the longer the day goes on, the more my blood boils!!

I saw Troon Jambo after the meeting and his words are still ringing in my ears, he stated that he's definately renewing now because if this is going to be our last season, then he wants to be a part of it! He may well be right!

My own conclusions are that Shaggy WILL be manager next season, unless we get someone to agree to work with the team under interference from Vlad, which I cant see happening. Also, if the stand does go ahead, then I see no way possible of servicing the debt, effectively killing our club, hell it's going to be difficult enough to survive without the stand being built, and even if it does get built, how the hell are we going to afford a decent team to put on the park to fill it?? :sad:

Roman Romanov is an arrogant, selfish, egotistical, self centred arsehole, and he has absolutely NO clue whatsoever on what the hell is going on at Hearts as he is NEVER there!

Sergius Fedovotas seemed a much more level headed character with a lot more clue as to what is going on, but both him and Campbell Ogilvie were hardly allowed to speak for some reason, and had to listen to the muppet for an hour!

Campbell Ogilvie is a very well respected figure in Scottish football and I honestly feel sorry for the guy being caught up in this circus, he must have better offers on the table from somewhere, and the only chink of light I actually cling to these days is that he is still at the club!

Sad days are ahead I feel :sad:

I think we can be sure now that no manager of substance will be coming to us.

The arrogance of these people is astounding. Any lingering doubts with people over renewing only if we get a "real" manager are receding rapidly.

Do not renew. Pick and choose.

The signal must be sent.

The Scotsman thinks he was there ...

Why are you being so stubborn about this ?? What possible point are you trying to make ?? That you know about Company Law ?? What does it matter who was "meant" to be there. If Mann was there, why wasnt Romanov.

Because he is the worst kind of dictator - one who demands respect rather than earning it, lies to his people and yet cant face their criticism in person. I thought he was meant to be a brave submariner - he strikes me as the type of snivelling coward he would no doubt profess to hate.

I really despair about the club I love.

DON'T RENEW

GC

The utter contempt that is shown to us will only be reversed if we do not renew. The only thing that they understand is money. We keep going? They keep going.

To think they are the stewards of this great club.

It is yet another ludicrous decision by VR that RR should have a position of seniority over Fedatovas.

Listened to it as well and agree with the part in bold.

At this stage, I'm not convinced that a rational, smooth-talking, reassuring glove puppet is any more use to us than the mocking, ignorant prat who by all accounts made such a fool of himself at the AGM.

It's almost better to see the true face of these people.

Ryan Gosling

I thought he said a good bit. His information is that Frail won't be the manager, a share issue is planned based on feasibility and tax implication factors, the stand will be funded jointly by UBIG and a financial partner/sponsor, they've had talks with a managerial candidate on more than one occasion - I thought those were important things.

chester copperpot
That was my first AGM, and I have to admit that I sat there in sheer disbelief for most of it.

I honestly didnt realise that our club was in such amatuerish hands!

First of all his rant at the old firm was simply incredible, and very unprofessional, and I honestly cant believe that man in his position would come out with such a stupid rant!

Campbell Ogilvie was clearly embarrassed by him, and when I say embarrassed, I mean you got the feeling that he wanted the ground to open up and swallow them! It was THAT bad!

Last year we were apparently told not to worry about the debt as it is all in hand, it was UBIG's debt and not ours to worry about, this year he states that the only way we can reduce the debt is by selling players at a profit! WTF?!?!

We have NO players that are worth any money other than Bednar and possibly Kingston, thats it! If thats how they propose to drive the debt down then we're in deep doo doo! Very worrying indeed!

Next he was asked about the managers situation, and he was evasive to the point of confusing himself! Firstly he stated that Shaggy was doing a great job and the impression I got was that he's going to be manager after the summer. Then when challenged about who the new mananger is going to be, he very arrogantly asked the questioner back, do you know a manager that we could appoint? WTF!?!?

I really couldnt believe what I was hearing at times, and left the meeting with my jaw hitting the floor, I dont think it has really sunk in just how pathetic Roman Romanov really is, just how out of touch the guy is with reality, and just how little clue the guy has when it comes to Heart of Midlothian FC. Not knowing who Bednar belonged to was absolutely cringeworthy!

My mate who I attended the AGM with, stood up and stated that the Romanovs quite rightly so milked the plaudits when we finished 2nd in the league, and won the Scottish Cup, however now that we are in 8th place in the league and facing the prospect of games against the likes of Gretna, St Mirren etc, then they had to take the rough with the smooth, and accused Romans fathers interference as being the reason we are as poor as we are right now, and Roman actually agreed that his father had to take some of the blame (the only chink of light from the whole meeting!)

Roman kept reffering to the fact that they had delivered the Scottish Cup, and 2nd place in the league, and mentioned this at least half a dozen times, however conveniently forgot to mention that we failed to build on that and mount a serious challenge to actually qualify for the CL group stages, or the UEFA cup group stages, or build on our league finish etc etc etc.

Finally, who were the old guys who stood up and praised the Romanovs? It looked like an episode of Trisha where the guests had been planted in the audience and paid to butter the regime up, it was quite frankly pathetic, and the more I think about it the longer the day goes on, the more my blood boils!!

I saw Troon Jambo after the meeting and his words are still ringing in my ears, he stated that he's definately renewing now because if this is going to be our last season, then he wants to be a part of it! He may well be right!

My own conclusions are that Shaggy WILL be manager next season, unless we get someone to agree to work with the team under interference from Vlad, which I cant see happening. Also, if the stand does go ahead, then I see no way possible of servicing the debt, effectively killing our club, hell it's going to be difficult enough to survive without the stand being built, and even if it does get built, how the hell are we going to afford a decent team to put on the park to fill it?? :sad:

Roman Romanov is an arrogant, selfish, egotistical, self centred arsehole, and he has absolutely NO clue whatsoever on what the hell is going on at Hearts as he is NEVER there!

Sergius Fedovotas seemed a much more level headed character with a lot more clue as to what is going on, but both him and Campbell Ogilvie were hardly allowed to speak for some reason, and had to listen to the muppet for an hour!

Campbell Ogilvie is a very well respected figure in Scottish football and I honestly feel sorry for the guy being caught up in this circus, he must have better offers on the table from somewhere, and the only chink of light I actually cling to these days is that he is still at the club!

Sad days are ahead I feel :sad:

Thanks mate, that has summed up the thread for me.

I had this feeling long before the AGM, others alot earlier than me. I think Troon's quote on being the last might well be true, well I think certaily at tynecastle.

Sad Sad days. You summed up my feelings perfectly on that post BTW.

J.T.F.Robertson
Sorry I haven't read through the whole thread but I've got a question.

Surely some short tempered Jambo lost the plot at this tosser when he was blatantly taking the **** out of every Hearts fan in the room?

If it's as bad as it sounds I have no idea how he never got a good battering. :mad:

Did his old man not come out with something similar a while ago? When questioned (the temerity of it) as to his plans re the club debt, did he not reply something to the effect, "we can let you have it, if you want"?

Any questioning appears to be construed as something akin to an interrogation. An arrogance borne of inferiority/insecurity, whoTF knows. It's a common Russian trait, although, it's also known to manifest itself among the hobo nation. :rolleyes:

I thought he said a good bit. His information is that Frail won't be the manager, a share issue is planned based on feasibility and tax implication factors, the stand will be funded jointly by UBIG and a financial partner/sponsor, they've had talks with a managerial candidate on more than one occasion - I thought those were important things.

He hinted on lots of things.

The decision maker is whimsical though. So he was very careful not to leave himself open to charges of lying at a later date.

Ryan Gosling
He hinted on lots of things.

The decision maker is whimsical though. So he was very careful not to leave himself open to charges of lying at a later date.

Well they gave a deadline for the manager - June 30.

Ogilvie and Fedatovas are happy to take the cash and be part of the circus so therefore they deserve the same treatment the romanovs get

Both could find other employment easily enough but instead sell out for the romanovs cash

Well feck them too

Well they gave a deadline for the manager - June 30.

I remember him saying that they 'if they are lucky' will get a manager by the start of the new season.

As I said VR is clearly whimsical about his decisionmaking and Fedatovas knows how to play the game a lot better than Rodney.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

So it seems this whole sorry episode could have been avoided by letting the professionals speak. (CO & SF)

Archived