AGM Live

Flogel98

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

The reality is that to find a manager is very difficult, most managers are already out of work or ready to jump from the clubs they are working with and seeking profit. If you find me a manager who won't do that then fine but give a chance to our guy Stephen Frail who is already at the club. I know that votes are split but let's be fair to him.

With this quote from Roman, surely we can now put to bed permanently the idea of us ever getting a proper manager. If that is the case, what are the people who are waiting until the summer waiting for?

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
londonjambo
I never saw Charlie Mann, so I can't comment whether he was there or not.

I don't know how many shares he holds, or who he may have been there as a proxy for.

All I know is that the only people who were meant to be there were shareholders (or their proxy) and the board.

The Scotsman thinks he was there ...

Why are you being so stubborn about this ?? What possible point are you trying to make ?? That you know about Company Law ?? What does it matter who was "meant" to be there. If Mann was there, why wasnt Romanov.

Because he is the worst kind of dictator - one who demands respect rather than earning it, lies to his people and yet cant face their criticism in person. I thought he was meant to be a brave submariner - he strikes me as the type of snivelling coward he would no doubt profess to hate.

I really despair about the club I love.

DON'T RENEW

GC

Geoff Kilpatrick
The reality is that to find a manager is very difficult, most managers are already out of work or ready to jump from the clubs they are working with and seeking profit. If you find me a manager who won't do that then fine but give a chance to our guy Stephen Frail who is already at the club. I know that votes are split but let's be fair to him.

With this quote from Roman, surely we can now put to bed permanently the idea of us ever getting a proper manager. If that is the case, what are the people who are waiting until the summer waiting for?

In what context?

In my world, the only spend I make on HMFC at present is my Hearts World sub. That will go in September if things don't change. In ST terms, the games are bought till the end of the season. Whether people choose to attend next season is up to them but there's no point kicking up a stink now because it's your cash that talks, not the words.

Terrible Trio
The Scotsman thinks he was there ...

GC

when the dipstick trotter said we would wait a few more minutes for anyone else to arrive I half expected a glorious entrance from del boy himself

so that means we wont be taking a manager from another team then?

puts the MM rumours to bed at least

was the johnny foreigner who started baracking one of the audience who asked a question one of theirs?

dont know but rr calling the businessman guy asking about budgets a provocotor was a ****ing disgrace from the chair why on earth did they not let CO chair the meeting

bloody hell

Different class. 95% of Hearts fans don't want him. So aye votes split, Roman. Bang on.

Dr Ian Malcolm

IIRC was Fedotovas not made acting CE/Chairman before Anderton was brought in, then once they had been binned Jrn stepped in. Is he still classed as an "acting" Cheif Exec? If so, its not a very good performance.

How did Fedotovas come across today? On the rare occassions I've heard him he's spoken well, answered the questions asked of him and seemes to be clued up on what he's doing (which these days seems to be more to do with the finacial side of things). Why wasn't he kept on in his initial role? A damn sight more professional than what we've got. Okay so he's obviously going to side with his compatriots, but he's just about the only one of them left that IMO has a little credibility.

I think RR wants to be chief exec as much as we want him to be - his non-presence at the club pretty much confirms that, so why the hell is he still in place? Was it not last year when he was cming out with all sorts of statements until Daddy re-appeared then he was nowhere to be seen. Seems to me that he says pretty muh what he wants when his old man isn't around, and Vlad neither knows nor cares just how clueless his dson is.

Guest GhostHunter

On the plus side - JKB hasn't crashed (yet)

On the negative side - the situation is desperately close to irrepairable.

"The reality is that to find a manager is very difficult, most managers are already out of work or ready to jump from the clubs they are working with and seeking profit. If you find me a manager who won't do that then fine but give a chance to our guy Stephen Frail who is already at the club. I know that votes are split but let's be fair to him."

If you rule out either of these categories of manager then who's left?? If they cannot see that the simple trend in football management, indeed even in normal employment, is that sometimes managers will leave, they may sometimes take players/staff with them - unless your at the top of the tree (either Man U or Arsenal), then there is always a chance a manager will want to go elsewhere for the sake of his career or a new chalenge etc.

If they refuse every manager on the grounds they may someday leave us then they are simply idiots but the reality is I believe they are saying this because they want us to believe they are searching really hard for the right man who won't desert us and think we are thick enough to believe it.

Guest JamboRobbo
On the plus side - JKB hasn't crashed (yet)

It hasn't crashed in a long long time unless I've been logged off for five minutes and missed it.

On the negative side - the situation is desperately close to irrepairable.

Knowing how much you always try to see the positive, and try to see a way things can be made to work, to hear even you say that is a sign how far things have gone IMO.

"The reality is that to find a manager is very difficult, most managers are already out of work or ready to jump from the clubs they are working with and seeking profit. If you find me a manager who won't do that then fine but give a chance to our guy Stephen Frail who is already at the club. I know that votes are split but let's be fair to him."

If you rule out either of these categories of manager then who's left?? If they cannot see that the simple trend in football management, indeed even in normal employment, is that sometimes managers will leave, they may sometimes take players/staff with them - unless your at the top of the tree (either Man U or Arsenal), then there is always a chance a manager will want to go elsewhere for the sake of his career or a new chalenge etc.

If they refuse every manager on the grounds they may someday leave us then they are simply idiots but the reality is I believe they are saying this because they want us to believe they are searching really hard for the right man who won't desert us and think we are thick enough to believe it.

I mentioned this on an other thread- there eliminating every possibility except Frail, basically.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

I preferred Roman when he was saying things like this:

The only way any player would be sold is if we were guaranteed a player of similar or better quality joining the squad

The players, fans and staff are all in this together and we have ambitions that many people outside the club are finding it difficult to deal with

Phil Anderton ticked many boxes - but not all. We are looking for a person who can deliver on both business and financial aspects

Vladimir Romanov wants Hearts to become champions

He [Vlad] would love to pick the team but he knows he can't - he doesn't have enough knowledge. We can't have amateurs in charge of the team. It's a job for professionals

Hearts chairman Roman Romanov said a well-known figure was already "working incognito" as DOF for the club

Guest JamboRobbo

The only way any player would be sold is if we were guaranteed a player of similar or better quality joining the squad

The players, fans and staff are all in this together and we have ambitions that many people outside the club are finding it difficult to deal with

Phil Anderton ticked many boxes - but not all. We are looking for a person who can deliver on both business and financial aspects

He [Vlad] would love to pick the team but he knows he can't - he doesn't have enough knowledge. We can't have amateurs in charge of the team. It's a job for professionals

Hearts chairman Roman Romanov said a well-known figure was already "working incognito" as DOF for the club

Not that they've ever lied of course.....

That was another one from this morning:

'Vladimir doesn't want to pick the team, but sometimes he has to." I kid you not.

That was my first AGM, and after hearing about Roman's arrogance at last year's, I fully expected someone to have had a word.

But no, that was diabolical.

Extremeley defensive. The threat of giving a reduced scale stand was in response to a question of concern about can we afford to fiannce it. Why nd whnot just persuade? Not Roman, let's get everybody's back up and as hostile to him as he is to criticism (whether real or perceived).

And after basically backing Frail for the manager's post, he later discusses wanting a more experienced figure in there??? But they don't know if they want to go for anyone on their list. He seems to think the majority of managers are in the business to walk out on a club and take players away. He was serious about that.

Aat was all that about not knowing why we insisted on a British style manager? Wasn't that the words used by the club in January?

It must be easy for anyone in his position with a clue to at worst have shareholders feel the same after as they did before the meeting, but he seems intent in destroying all faith. Total amateur, or just plain dangerous.

Hadn't a clue about who Bednar was signed to. Good grief, only a couple of million involved there.

At least he (eventually) got round to mentioning the current debt figure.

so good i want people to read it twice

may i add when pressed as to the budgeted dedt stated 34 million then at end said 24 million WTF is this guy doing as chairman

Stuart Lyon

A farce from start to finish! The first speaker from the floor spoiled his input by going on far too long in what seemed to be an attention speaking contribution. There were several others who likewise lost the audience by not knowing when to stop but at least they tried. I was too pi**ed off by RR's initial responses to be bothered asking anything direct. When he said Scottish football was basically corrupt I did ask why they (UKIO) were here but he missed the point completely.

As we the minority shareholders are unable to influence matters and they don't really take on board our views wouldn't it be better to avoid the negative media scrum that will ensue about this and any other AGM by Vlad exercising his right to buy all the shares he doesn't already own?

I won't stop going to the games but I will be cancellng my subscription to Hearts World so that's ?40.00 saved.

I agree with the posters who said that RR was out of his depth today. In his defense he was in a very difficult situation trying to answer for the actions of someone else in a language which is not his first. A lot, I think, gets lost in his shortcomings with the English language and you really had to listen carefully to what he was saying.

My over riding impression was that he was saying, and I pararhrase "Support what we are doing, or else...". In response to where the ?51 mill for the new stand was coming from we got "if you want we will only spend ?10 mill on an inferior structure". When asked about the massive debt he said "OK we will put out a team of players from the Academy, if that's what you want".

As to who will be the new manager I think we can rule CL out completely because after his name was mentioned he launched into a tirade about people who speak behind our backs to players to persuade them to leave Hearts.

All in all, a very disappointing meeting indeed and one that left me thoroughly depressed. I expected to be told what I wanted to hear about how everything was fine and we just need to leave it to them but instead I got the impression that they don't give a tuppenny toss about what we, as fans, think or want for the club.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

And for those that think Fedotovas would be any better:

We hope that a satisfactory arrangement will be reached whereby Mr Romanov assumes part of the debt. This package could be worth several million pounds over three years

Vladimir Romanov wants to make sure that Hearts is no longer perceived as a selling club and he is prepared to put his personal wealth at the disposal of Hearts to achieve this

It's not an excuse, he is legally not allowed to attend.

But, my personal opinion is that he could easily have a nominal 100 shares held in his name and could then legally attend.

He could also be appointed as a director and legally attend. Why he does not I do not know, but I wish he was.

So you're saying he was not in a position to attend and the quotes from Charlie Mann earlier in the week about it depending on his schedule was complete bulls hit.

BTW I have attended an AGM by invitation when I was neither a shareholder nor an officer of the company concerned - I just wasn't allowed to vote.

Imeantasong
so good i want people to read it twice

may i add when pressed as to the budgeted dedt stated 34 million then at end said 24 million WTF is this guy doing as chairman

Cheers.

I remember that about the debt. He would have saved himself (and us) a lot of grief and time wasted if he'd got the gist about current debt earlier, but said ?34M. I think that was a misunderstanding, but...

He then clarified a bit regarding transfer money bringing it to about Pre-Romanov figures.

I just can't understand why Vlad gets himself a PR guy, and lets Roman loose with no PR skills whatsoever.

That could have been a good deal different today, even with some of the same answers, with just a change in attitude.

Seems along the lines of what some people were saying about John Murray the other night, only much more important.

The points about the Glasgow Mafia may be very true, but they were used immediately and as about the only reason for our poor performance. He knew from the response that wouldn't wash, but he seemed to honestly believe everything was down to a conspiracy.

boabyarsebiscuit

Will Roman Romanov be fined by the SFA for his comments? It's not like we need to save money or anything, eh?

I'd pay ?450 to watch 11 youngsters from the Academy if it meant we had a club pulling in the one direction.

In fact, I'd prefer that to watching the dross we have just now.

But we not all pulling in the one direction.

We're a ****ing shambles.

It's easy to fix. But for Vlad and Son, it seems an impossible, arrogant step to make.

Buffalo Bill

I think at one stage this morning RR in answer to a question about - when could we expect to break even - replied when we play 11 players from the Academy. You might get your wish BB!

I had a ringside seat this morning, middle of the front row, and CO was squirming a number of times - especially early on with RR's comments to the first questioner (George Hawkins) about going to Glasgow and having his rant (or words to that effect), and about Managers only jumping ship to make money (did I hear RR correctly on that point?)The Board have no clue from a pure football perspective (Manager, players etc) and his throwaway remark about do we want a ?51 million stand or a cheap one at ?10m begs the question - have the Club put in more than one planning application?

I don't know a lot about planning applications, but can you do that - a sort of Plan A, Plan B etc?

I must admit I left very depressed and thinking whilst RR looks like a smaller version of Rodney Trotter, today he sounded like him. Plonker.

Father Tiresias

I certainly got the impression that Stevie Frail will be the next Hearts manager or head coach.

Roman told us that they don't want a manager who will be off to the Glasgow giants at the drop of a hat and take most of the players with him. That eliminates Mark McGhee from the job then!!

As others have said, the Q&A session was a complete shambles. Roman clearly had no wish to be there, he couldn't answer some questions and totally evaded others. He is also totally deluded regarding corruption within Scottish football and constantly made reference to biased referee's. He was trying to get the shareholders on-side with these comments, but it clearly did not wash with the vast majority. As someone said, referees are not responsible for Hearts lowly league position this season.

Amongst all this mess, I keep asking myself what CO is doing associating himself with this family? I've not yet come up with a good answer.

I cannot honestly believe that any Hearts supporter would compare Romanov(s) to Mugabe. That's just utterly ridiculous and shameful.

Also, how many times this season have we all complained in matches of refereeing bias, etc? And yet it's pure paranoia when Roman Romanov does it? I seem to recall most posters on here, and fans I spoke to off it believing that the GFA had helped Rangers through to the CIS Cup final...

I'm not defending everything the Romanovs have done, this season has been a shambles, that's for sure, but come on guys...Mugabe? That's a step too far.

Can you tell me the difference berween Mugabe's statement and Rodney's blaming referees? There is none. They are both blaming other factors for self inflicted problems.

And if you think Hearts problems are not self inflicted then there's no helping you.

Criticsism of the Romanov regime is not the same as not supporting Hearts but a line has to be drawn when the so called CEO of the Club treats the shareholders (and by extension the greater fan base) in the reported fashion.

And as far as the fans complaining aboot referees, you will find the same sentiments on every other team forum, but for the CEO of a club to use this as an excuse for the team's failings when these failings are almost 100% due to the way the team was and is being run, is either paranoia or purposely deflecting the blame from the real cause of the failure.

If you cannot see this or accept the truth if it then I am sorry for you.

Well, I have been a bit too busy to coem on for a while (plus other reasons TBH) but I came on today hoping, praying even for a crumb of comfort from someone who was there. I see not a thing. I am now certifeed as heart broken. I may even have to go over to the dark side as a protest.

I think at one stage this morning RR in answer to a question about - when could we expect to break even - replied when we play 11 players from the Academy. You might get your wish BB!

, and about Managers only jumping ship to make money (did I hear RR correctly on that point?)The Board have no clue from a pure football perspective (Manager, players etc) and his throwaway remark about do we want a ?51 million stand or a cheap one at ?10m begs the question - have the Club put in more than one planning application?

I don't know a lot about planning applications, but can you do that - a sort of Plan A, Plan B etc?

I must admit I left very depressed and thinking whilst RR looks like a smaller version of Rodney Trotter, today he sounded like him. Plonker.

you heard correctly rr actually sounded ridiculously insane at that point

Denny Crane

'Vladimir doesn't want to pick the team, but sometimes he has to." I kid you not.

I'll respond to that gem with what Len Shackleton claimed was the total knowledge of the game of a football club director:-

(Correct - nothing! Roman son, don't take the ****)

What were the shareholders asked to vote on? Just saw a picture of the ballot box.

Missing from Zimbabwe perhaps??;)

Imeantasong
you heard correctly rr actually sounded ridiculously insane at that point

You could hear the sighs of disbelief and disappointment around the hall.

Seemed to think all managers jump ship for money at the drop of a hat, and take players with them. Pretty broad sweeping, and a big bit paranoid.

In reality RR looked like a man that had not seen, spoken or breathed Hearts for 12 months then turned up to answer some very critical questions.

He was out of his depth and clearly did not have all the answers.

The first 15-20 mins he was very aggrogant but calmed down after Sergi spoke to him.

Some nuggets of info.

1 - Seems to pointer that Frail may get the job.

2 - According to RR the 'current debt' is around the ?25m mark.

3 - They seemed relaxed and confident re the debt (heard that last year).

4 - When criticised about taking the club another ?51m re stand he said/threatened that they might just scale the whole thing down. IMHO I think he was being aggrogant about the fact that if you want the stand then the debt will go up.

5 - As DH said - Bednar is ours - only just!!!!! He clearly did not have a clue whether he was or not.

6 - Expect a few palyers to be sold in the summer.

7 - Going forward the team will be made up of predominatly players from the academy.

8 - Kept going on about bias towards the West/OF. Some wee guy called Lamont? gave a good wee speech re the fact that this has been going on for 60 years and more.

9 - I asked the question at the end re if planning permission is granted in Aug 08 then will work commence in May 09. Campbell Ogivie confirmed it should and be completed Dec 2010 or Jan 2011. No decision as to where we play during this period been taken.

10 - Club have a long term plan to break even etc.. but would not discuss here. Expect a share captial/debt release - similar to David Murray at Rangers. They are working on the finer details of that.

11 - No player will ever leave Hearts on a free again (Webster).

12 - Confirmed that they are failing at the monent and deserved criticism) after some prompting by a shareholder.

All in all - very low key.

Impossible for that to happen, for a start i would think Tall will be leaving for nothing.

I mean that if a proper manager is not appointed and allowed to rebuild the team by the time next season kicks off , that'll be the last straw and i will not be renewing and will have lost all faith in the current ownership.

You need yet another year to make up your mind about the ownership? How long does it take you to buy a bar of soap?

C'mon mate. They've slapped Hearts supporters in the face yet again. Got still another cheek to offer them?

No manager is coming, the "quality" players that are left will be flogged, another bottom six year of performances is staring us in the face. What exactly do you need to see, Roman pulling down his drawers and taking a dump on the badge?

You could hear the sighs of disbelief and disappointment around the hall.

Seemed to think all managers jump ship for money at the drop of a hat, and take players with them. Pretty broad sweeping, and a big bit paranoid.

at that stage i wanted to point out that that is football if you cant handle the reality dont own a club must admit i am terrified for the future

Ryan Gosling
Standard form. Reappointments etc.

I hope everybody didn't vote to reappoint futtbucker Rodney.

You need yet another year to make up your mind about the ownership? How long does it take you to buy a bar of soap?

C'mon mate. They've slapped Hearts supporters in the face yet again. Got still another cheek to offer them?

No manager is coming, the "quality" players that are left will be flogged, another bottom six year of performances is staring us in the face. What exactly do you need to see, Roman pulling down his drawers and taking a dump on the badge?

they are not hearts WE ARE ill be renewing

Disappointingly Roman Romanov does not come up when you type futtbucker into google.

they are not hearts WE ARE ill be renewing

That's your choice, mate. I was questioning cosanostra's statement about needing another year to decided whether or not to lose faith in the ownership. Come on now, that should be pretty obvious to anyone.

at that stage i wanted to point out that that is football if you cant handle the reality dont own a club must admit i am terrified for the future

Must say my gloom and despondency about the future was ratcheted up a couple of notches today. If the club does go under now would that be better than the prospects under CR? Tynecastle would be gone but we would still have a club to support and it would have been debt free albeit playing at an atmosphere lacking Murrayfield Stadium. Only making the point, don't shoot the messenger but it has to be said.

7 - Going forward the team will be made up of predominatly players from the academy.

According to the threads yesterday, the coaching staff dont think there are many if any youths good enough to make the step up.

1st Division anyone?

Performing a u-turn on comments made in January where Romanov revealed that Stephen Frail would be assistant to a new manager next season Romanov instead asked supporters to back Frail in the long term.

This is from the Evening News report on the AGM.

It suggests strongly to me that the NYD statement was just another lie to buy off the fans.

No wonder Charlie Mann cancelled Monday's meeting with JKB representatives.

People, we are being run by pieces of *****.

He wasn't up for grabs unfortunately - just Fedotovas and the auditors.

winston churchill

:eek:

The Baldmans Comb

A very depressing day and one that has fully justified my decision not to renew my season ticket and instead retain myself self respect as a person and not allow anyone to take the pi@@ to that extent.:evilno:

I'll be a walk up fan next season and would encourage other fans to back the team at all times but to refrain from buying a season ticket as by doing so you are only maintaining and propping up a shameful and incompetent charade

Archived