Monte Carlo Mafia Game

Deek

ArmiyaRomanova

wwwooooo

FFS I was half expecting to be offed by the goons, if anything.

But to be offed by someone who's supposed to be helping the town.

On what 'evidence' did that happen then?

Think before you shoot, whoever you are,

YOU TOTAL TRUMPET

I've got a good idea who you are too....

wwoooooo

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BoJack Horseman
A hint possibly?

I reckon we have a chick goon...

It does say his stiletto. I'm fairly positive he also meant knife :).

Trying to sway the votes towards the girls?

vote Cigaro (for now).

vote Cigaro (for now).

im sure cigaro is ok, he told deek he mite not get on tomoro, and if he had a role he could just have told him in the PM? or maybe thats what he wants us to think...

Commander Harris

crap :(

why would they kill me off! boo hiss.

or perhaps more importantly, who would kill me off. I know of a couple of players that try to off me as quickly as possible because I rock so much!

vote Cigaro (for now).

Nope simply a thought as I read it.

If deek had said her stiletto, it would be obvious it was one of 3.

Another townie here.

im sure cigaro is ok, he told deek he mite not get on tomoro, and if he had a role he could just have told him in the PM? or maybe thats what he wants us to think...

I may not get on tomorrow. Genuine reason, and I said it on thread so that I wast voted for being "strangely quiet". Out in th open. People can check my activity tomorrow if they are suspicious, but if I get online, I will be on here, so therefore will post a vote. I will not be able to change it after 5 though, for the reasons stated.

Still cant believe we've lost so many townies, is it that bad to lose a mason, they cant do much can they?

Blimey, I go away and watch a guy not finding the ark of the covenant (no surprise there then), then Chuck and I fall asleep a wee bit and come back to find a scene of utter devastation. I'm actually surprised I've survived the night of the long knives.

Do we not kind of have to vote for Beverley now after yesterday's lucky escape and the erroneous lynching of Maximus?

Or are we waiting for the cop to reveal who the bad guy is without giving themselves away? How you gonna do that then? And worse, if you've followed Boof's plan you can't give away the goon because then the goons will know who you are and they will romp it like last time.

Copper, you better get this right, glad it's not me, but you're going to have to be really sneaky or subtle or surreptitious or something else beginning with s.

I'm off to bed, I'll vote tomorrow, but so far, we're playing sheeeeite.

edit:

here's another nice edit.

Got me all wrong, reckon Yvonnes a goon, boof could be, I thought his lame strategy was to set up the roled townies

Commander Harris

wooooooo

anyway, that's me said my peace. won't hear another peep from me.

mon the townies! we can still do this. :)

woooooo

BoJack Horseman

So what's the cops role? Still not getting this? What's the object of the game? For us townies to survive the game?

stella_jambo

woooo

thats twice u have killed me deek before ive even seen the thread. :(

work a 12 hour shift and come home to this, you know i usually play as much as i can.

still its your game, ill do my best to make the next one on time.

looks like its gonna be over very quick the way things are going. i give it 4 nights max.

wooooo

So what's the cops role? Still not getting this? What's the object of the game? For us townies to survive the game?

wooooooo

The cop choses to investigate a player a night (hopfully a goon) and then tells the masons and its their(and the cops) job to sway the vote towards outsting the goons.

The townies want to kill off all goons and have a safe and free town :D

Wooooo

p.s. if you die you have to put "woooooo"

Commander Harris

wooooo

the object of the game if you are a good guy is to eliminate the bad guys.

the object of the game if you are a bad guy is to get rid of as many good guys as possible to the point where it is impossible for them to complete their objective of wiping you all out!

the cop can investigate a player each night by sending a pm to the narrator(deek in this case) and nominating a player he wishes to investigate. deek will then tell him/her if the person nominated is good or bad.

the masons are told the result of this investigation but they do not know who the cop is.

the assasin is suppose to be on the side of good but they can kill good folk by mistake as happened with AR :(

the doc can protect a player each night - that particular player will then be immune from a mafia night-time attack or a assasin kill for that night.

hope that helps :)

wooooo

ArmiyaRomanova
wooooo

the assasin is suppose to be on the side of good but they can kill good folk by mistake as happened with AR :(

the doc can protect a player each night - that particular player will then be immune from a mafia night-time attack or a assasin kill for that night.

wooooo

wwoooo

crucially, the Assassin doesn't HAVE to take a kill, just as the Doc doesn't HAVE to protect someone (but should).

Can't believe the Assassin would be so stupid as to kill randomly on the first night. Dim bulb or what?

wwoooooo

BoJack Horseman
wooooo

the object of the game if you are a good guy is to eliminate the bad guys.

the object of the game if you are a bad guy is to get rid of as many good guys as possible to the point where it is impossible for them to complete their objective of wiping you all out!

the cop can investigate a player each night by sending a pm to the narrator(deek in this case) and nominating a player he wishes to investigate. deek will then tell him/her if the person nominated is good or bad.

the masons are told the result of this investigation but they do not know who the cop is.

wooooo

Very helpful, ta. Sorry you're brown breed.

ArmiyaRomanova
woooo

looks like its gonna be over very quick the way things are going. i give it 4 nights max.

wooooo

wwoooo

I give it 2 nights at most - it's already down to 9 vs 4.

All it'll take today is for another townie lynch, then a mafia kill and another dim bulb assassin misfire overnight, and in Day Three 6 townies face 4 goons. Another townie lynch on Day Three and it's all over.

That's the worst case scenario - anyone care to bet it won't happen?

Speed Mafia indeed.

wwwoooooo

this is a terrible start to the game.

glad the cop caught us a goon though, cos at lest if we read the clues properly then we can catch one today.

i'm just up and getting ready for work, so won't be online til after 6 unless i get the chance at lunchtime.

i will say this though, that any vote for me is the wrong thing to do. i just hope the cop can safely let us know the results of his investigation. i AM NOT a goon, beleive me

Oh my goodness!

But at least the cop did something worthwhile.

I'm gonna sit on my vote for an hour or two but I am inclined towards Yvonne for a number of reasons

yvonnejambo
this is a terrible start to the game.

glad the cop caught us a goon though, cos at lest if we read the clues properly then we can catch one today.

i'm just up and getting ready for work, so won't be online til after 6 unless i get the chance at lunchtime.

i will say this though, that any vote for me is the wrong thing to do. i just hope the cop can safely let us know the results of his investigation. i AM NOT a goon, beleive me

But you asked to be investigated maybe they did.....

Kenny and Jenny (oh a pair who think im a goon and they rhyme):). Why? You have no idea how much I wish you were both right, I would love to be a goon as I havent been 1 for months. Its so much easier if you are a goon or even have someone to talk too. I reckon im destined to be a loner bumbling around with my pretty rubbish goondar.

I feel i may have made a mistake in unvoting Beverley last night, but until we get some kind of hint I will not vote her.

But you asked to be investigated maybe they did.....

Kenny and Jenny (oh a pair who think im a goon and they rhyme):). Why? You have no idea how much I wish you were both right, I would love to be a goon as I havent been 1 for months. Its so much easier if you are a goon or even have someone to talk too. I reckon im destined to be a loner bumbling around with my pretty rubbish goondar.

I feel i may have made a mistake in unvoting Beverley last night, but until we get some kind of hint I will not vote her.

You could have easily voted early rathet than wait, there's not reason for that unless you were a goon and you wanted to save another.

yvonnejambo
You could have easily voted early rathet than wait, there's not reason for that unless you were a goon and you wanted to save another.

If thats your way of thinking there were others that had last minute change of votes. I just thought her last couple of things she said may have meant she was good and I am trying to give benefit of the doubt this time. After being called a moron in last game for blowing it, i really want to bit more careful. my problem once i get a thought in my head who is bad I usually just go for it. It backfied last time when near the end the only person I thought I could trust was CH and it turned out he was a goon!

Maybe lynching me early is normally a good idea as im obviously pretty rubbish, but as this game is already so finely balanced i reckon i should still be around to help the townies win this.

You my boy are on my radar now though so I will be watching you closely ;):)

If thats your way of thinking there were others that had last minute change of votes. I just thought her last couple of things she said may have meant she was good and I am trying to give benefit of the doubt this time. After being called a moron in last game for blowing it, i really want to bit more careful. my problem once i get a thought in my head who is bad I usually just go for it. It backfied last time when near the end the only person I thought I could trust was CH and it turned out he was a goon!

Maybe lynching me early is normally a good idea as im obviously pretty rubbish, but as this game is already so finely balanced i reckon i should still be around to help the townies win this.

You my boy are on my radar now though so I will be watching you closely ;):)

Watch as closely as you like.... dont know why tho, you being a goon you'll realise that I'm not on your list of PM's

I might change my vote but you were very very suspicious acting yesterday.... stood out like a sare thumb so to speak.

I think DDLN could be safe tho as he would never have sided with you in your spat with Bev if he was a goon, too risky.

Morning folks. That was the night of the long knives for sure.

Just a reminder, 10pm deadline.

No vote you will be modkilled, and I will take action against low posters. :)

Boaby Ewing

WTF??

Assassin, why the feck kill ArmiyaRomanova when (as mentioned several times in yesterday's thread) he outed so many goons in the last game.

Unless the cop can guide us, I'm voting for:

Bev as her play was suspicious last night with her pretending not to have read the last game thread schtick.

Right I got on before heading to uni. May be on again before 5 but after that I'm off.

I think the stiletto thing is a clue and the use of "his" is to not make it obvious we have a girl goon.

A few games ago we had Bevs neck high stilettos on the go, and also we had the debacle yesterday with Maxi.

At the moment, 1) to save my vote, and 2) because I am suspicious, I am going to vote Bev

Wouldnt surprise me if Bev, Jenny and Yvonne were all goons.

Would make sense for Yvonne puuling out from voting bev late on.

Aye thats it.

a vote for me is a vote in the wrong direction

trust me

if we want to win this game, we need to hang on to the townies/good guys as long as possible and i can assure you i am no bad guy.

lynch me, and it'll be proven you were wrong

i'm going to vote for yvonne though as despite her protestations she can't seem to see past me, and its the wrong thing to do, to follow her

as a matter of fact, knowing the cop got a goon last night, everyone so far voting me, is suspicious as i AM NO GOON

Right I got on before heading to uni. May be on again before 5 but after that I'm off.

I think the stiletto thing is a clue and the use of "his" is to not make it obvious we have a girl goon.

A few games ago we had Bevs neck high stilettos on the go, and also we had the debacle yesterday with Maxi.

At the moment, 1) to save my vote, and 2) because I am suspicious, I am going to vote Bev

so very very wrong

a vote for me is a vote in the wrong direction

trust me

if we want to win this game, we need to hang on to the townies/good guys as long as possible and i can assure you i am no bad guy.

lynch me, and it'll be proven you were wrong

i'm going to vote for yvonne though as despite her protestations she can't seem to see past me, and its the wrong thing to do, to follow her

as a matter of fact, knowing the cop got a goon last night, everyone so far voting me, is suspicious as i AM NO GOON

If you change your vote I'll become VERY suspicious. Should be an interesting round.

An easy game for goons to play is having a pact and voting each other then changing.

i'll not be changing my vote, unless i have to save my own skin & its a close tie

just remember the last couple of times people have rounded on me so heavily i was good, told you all so and nobody believed me!

i can only ask for your trust, and if you can't believe me, then it make those who DO round on me all the more suspicious when i'm gone

i have no gang, i don't know who the goons are, i only know that i'm not one of them

BoJack Horseman

Aw, poor Beverley, just after midday and you're already being picked on. Being very, very defensive mind. I'll stick with Cigaro for now.

its ok stout, it happens all the time, particularly to players perceived as more active, experienced etc, but i'm not being defensive.

just pointing out if we want to win we have to be more careful. if (when) i get lynched, then those who voted me will have put their own necks on the block quite frankly.

as for dave who keeeps pointing out i voted armiya, i have already said i didn't play the last game, and speed read it, pished, when i got home after my hols.

we MUST vote wisely now or the goons will win, and none of us, except the goons want that.

i'm waiting for the cop to come on and vindicate me cos as the cop caught a goon last night, it definitely wasn't me that was investigated, and should i last the day i urge them to investigate me through the night.

i will definitely show as clean, even i was investigated 5 nights obn the trot...

i'm not a goon, not the godmother, definitely a good guy

Boaby Ewing
its ok stout, it happens all the time, particularly to players perceived as more active, experienced etc, but i'm not being defensive.

just pointing out if we want to win we have to be more careful. if (when) i get lynched, then those who voted me will have put their own necks on the block quite frankly.

as for dave who keeeps pointing out i voted armiya, i have already said i didn't play the last game, and speed read it, pished, when i got home after my hols.

we MUST vote wisely now or the goons will win, and none of us, except the goons want that.

i'm waiting for the cop to come on and vindicate me cos as the cop caught a goon last night, it definitely wasn't me that was investigated, and should i last the day i urge them to investigate me through the night.

i will definitely show as clean, even i was investigated 5 nights obn the trot...

i'm not a goon, not the godmother, definitely a good guy

A strong defense, but unless the cop can get on pronto and start dropping some decent hints, I'm sticking with you.

Most likely, you were investigated last night given the late brouhaha. I know that's not a given, but you would have been the obvious choice.

Guys...we're having something of a nightmare here so far.

The one person that's kinda stuck out for me is StOuT.

Lemme explain....yonks ago, KennyD was playing his first game and turned out to be a goon. I said at the time I thought he was playing it rather well for a newbie and he tried to convince me that he'd read x number of previous games so in essence, I suspected someone was holding his hand.

This seems to be the same scenario with StOuT...he's playing his first game, but some of the terminology he's using is that of an experienced mafia player.

Now, he won't be the mason as ArmiyaRomanova doesn't influence the game one way or t'other once he's dead - he might call folk names, but doesn't actually impact on the game-play, though he'd have been a very good mentor for StOuT.

Which leaves the only other group in the game for him to be a member of....yep, the mafia. So, I'm gonna Vote StOuT and pay very careful attention to see who either follows my hunch or pooh-poohs it - and their reasons.

I don't think the cop or mason will be able to show their hand too much even hintingly at this stage so I'm not going to be clamouring for them to do it.

Let's face it, if I was the cop I'd've used my plan and that would've shown yvonne to be a goon and to me, so far, she just hasn't looked all that goonly.

Lemme explain....yonks ago, KennyD was playing his first game and turned out to be a goon. I said at the time I thought he was playing it rather well for a newbie and he tried to convince me that he'd read x number of previous games so in essence, I suspected someone was holding his hand.

This seems to be the same scenario with StOuT...he's playing his first game, but some of the terminology he's using is that of an experienced mafia player.

Now, he won't be the mason as ArmiyaRomanova doesn't influence the game one way or t'other once he's dead - he might call folk names, but doesn't actually impact on the game-play, though he'd have been a very good mentor for StOuT.

Which leaves the only other group in the game for him to be a member of....yep, the mafia. So, I'm gonna Vote StOuT and pay very careful attention to see who either follows my hunch or pooh-poohs it - and their reasons.

I don't think the cop or mason will be able to show their hand too much even hintingly at this stage so I'm not going to be clamouring for them to do it.

Let's face it, if I was the cop I'd've used my plan and that would've shown yvonne to be a goon and to me, so far, she just hasn't looked all that goonly.

I'm with you on stout... I['ve narrowed the goons to....

DDLN - YVONNE - STOUT - JENNY thus far.

Still reckon Yvonne's a goon, her acting yesterday was cringe worthy.

Boaby Ewing
I'm with you on stout... I['ve narrowed the goons to....

DDLN - YVONNE - STOUT - JENNY thus far.

Still reckon Yvonne's a goon, her acting yesterday was cringe worthy.

:confused:

Earlier:

Wouldnt surprise me if Bev, Jenny and Yvonne were all goons.

Would make sense for Yvonne puuling out from voting bev late on.

Aye thats it..

:rolleyes:

:confused:

Earlier:

:rolleyes:

Dont roll your eyes dave, I've scored Bev of my list unless she changes her vote.... I think yvonne and either you or Bev were working together last night.

Lets face it there would have been a pair some where working together on the goons side, you just happen to wade in too.

You shouldnt have stuck you womans size 3's in to the argument.

BoJack Horseman

I'll take this as a compliment. Although really, i've never played, nor read any of the mafia threads, so i've been let in the shallow end as a townie. I'm not going to get too defensive, vote as you please. I'll play my own game as a lone soldier for now.

yvonnejambo

Im sorry you find my posting style cringeworthy Mr K but thats just me :)

Beverley who I decided last night may well be telling the truth so changed my vote and pretty much saved her, now looks to some of you I have saved 1 of my fellow goons! Seriously I am thick but not that thick, would not be trying to put attention on me if i was a goon. Beverleys vote for me was expected its the norm. Looks like Im stuck though as if I vote Beverley, kenny will say its a goon tact to vote another goon and if I dont vote her and she goes and shows to be goonly then Im for the chop. If she doesn't get lynched she will go for me in the night and if she does get lynched she will do her woo vote yvonne again its the norm :(.

I still have no inkling in how I can trust in this game yet but my goon list is massive.

Boaby Ewing
Dont roll your eyes dave, I've scored Bev of my list unless she changes her vote.... I think yvonne and either you or Bev were working together last night.

Lets face it there would have been a pair some where working together on the goons side, you just happen to wade in too.

Eh, I was the first to finger Bev (waaaaaaaaaaaay!)

She looked like a goner until a late pile-on to Maximus (the townie/doc).

You've started acting weird(er).

yvonnejambo

Maybe you and Beverley are the vocal goons whilst the other 2 sit back quietly?

Vote Beverley its not tit for tat, I helped save her last night and she votes me, but a few others seem to think she is goonly. Also Deek did you use your number randomiser again? If not as Beverley wasnt happy about last game being played without her maybe she got to be a goon in this game?

Im sorry you find my posting style cringeworthy Mr K but thats just me :)

Beverley who I decided last night may well be telling the truth so changed my vote and pretty much saved her, now looks to some of you I have saved 1 of my fellow goons! Seriously I am thick but not that thick, would not be trying to put attention on me if i was a goon. Beverleys vote for me was expected its the norm. Looks like Im stuck though as if I vote Beverley, kenny will say its a goon tact to vote another goon and if I dont vote her and she goes and shows to be goonly then Im for the chop. If she doesn't get lynched she will go for me in the night and if she does get lynched she will do her woo vote yvonne again its the norm :(.

I still have no inkling in how I can trust in this game yet but my goon list is massive.

Dont take it personally Yvonne.... pretty sure your goon list will be 3 strong as you will have been PM'ing them.

I've been on the bad side twice and know how to play the bad side better than the good, you showed obvious signs of being a goon yesterday. Got to be. If I'm wrong I will happily apologise.... being a man (boy type thing) tho I cant see me being wrong.

Maybe you and Beverley are the vocal goons whilst the other 2 sit back quietly?

Vote Beverley its not tit for tat, I helped save her last night and she votes me, but a few others seem to think she is goonly. Also Deek did you use your number randomiser again? If not as Beverley wasnt happy about last game being played without her maybe she got to be a goon in this game?

Totally random. honest.:o

Eh, I was the first to finger Bev (waaaaaaaaaaaay!)

She looked like a goner until a late pile-on to Maximus (the townie/doc).

You've started acting weird(er).

As I said I think you could be a goon making you and Yvonnes votes sensible.

I also reckon you think Bev has a role possibly. As I said I'm happy with Bev for the time being.

Archived