Monte Carlo Mafia Game

Deek

On this day April 14th 1929 Monaco held its first Grand Prix race.

Huge crowds turned up for the race, including Mafiosa from Naples.

Some never left and have infiltrated Monte Carlo.

Now the Mafia Game that pits the forces of light against the forces of darkness. The players are residents of Monte Carlo. The town is being terrorized by the mafia. During the night, the mafia roam about selecting a law-abiding civilian as their victim. During the day, the townspeople gather together, seeking justice, and vote to convict one of their number of secretly being a member of the mafia.

We have 4 Mafia Members

2 Masons

1 Cop

1 Doc

1 Assassin

9 Townies

The rules

Mafia (4) ? A Godfather and 3 of his/her cronies. There will be no recruiting in this game.

The team decide their targets together and the GF then sends me the name of the target if the Godfather dies any remaining members can send me a name that has been decided amongst you.

The Mafia get to kill every night.

Masons(2) ? They will be fed the name and result of the cops nightly investigation. They can talk amongst themselves and discuss tactics they wish to use to try and flush a goon out.

Cop - Can investigate a player every night and the results are passed on to the Masons. The cop and masons do not know who each other is.

Doc - Can choose to save 1 player a night from a mafia/Assassin kill. He/she cannot save the same player twice. They can choose to save themself.

Assassin On the side of the townies, has 3 kills during the game. He sometimes makes a mistake though and kills his own.

Please post votes and unvotes in bold e.g. vote Romanov and unvote Romanov

If you don't your vote will not be counted.

You can bluff or lie about your role, but if you come out right and say you?re the doctor or gossip etc you will be mod killed

A lynch will happen when there is enough votes for the same person or a deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached but not enough numbers have voted the same person, the person with the highest amount of votes at that time will be lynched. If it is a tie I will devize a way of picking the winner.

Only players who have a team role are allowed to PM other players about the game. If you receive a PM from someone you are not supposed to please DON'T post it on the game thread, report it to me first. If you have any questions about the general rules post them on the thread, if you have a question about your role/power PM me and I'll try my best to explain it.

No Pms or chat in other threads or even in real life about the game unless you have a role which allows PMs to other players and then it can only be between the players you have been given by me.

No speculation is permitted on the thread during the night period, just the usual sorry I?ve killed townie type stuff. I will punish players who mis behave at night.

Ghosts can post but if they say vote someone off or unsubtly hint for someone to be voted off, I will be round to kill them for real-just don?t do it please.

Oh and finally I will Mod kill non posters and voters unless there is good excuse.

Low posters will either be sinned binned or mod killed depending on how I feel.

The players are.

Stout

Armiya

Jambolad

SHP

Flux

Jamie

Doctor

Commander

Cigaro

Maximus

K1874M

CCP

DDLN

Boof

Yvonne

Stella

Beverley

JennyJambo

First deadline is 10pm tonight.

Mods can you sticky please.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Commander Harris

yay! more mafia :)

delighted that after a run of being a bad guy for a couple of games(something I'm not very good at as I'm such a **** poor liar!) I'm back to being a plain old townie (a role that I'm actually half decent at :))

looking forward to lynching some goons!

Yay, I'm first :D

Now, despite the swanky surroundings, I'm sure we'll manage to make the drinking establishment as seedy as ever.

Pint of Belhaven for me please.

There you go.

Ahhh, ta.

Now, despite the swanky surroundings, I'm sure we'll manage to make the drinking establishment as seedy as ever.

There you go.

Ahhh, ta.

Buggery bollox to you Commander - I wanted to be first :mad:

Commander Harris

There you go.

Ahhh, ta.

I was here first :D

pint of heavy for me thanks :)

EDIT: I'm wondering whether they have pints of heavy in 1920s Monte Carlo?! :confused:

ArmiyaRomanova

There you go.

Ahhh, ta.

I say, Barkeep... where does one find the olive for one's Martini?

On this day April 14th 1929 Monaco held its first Grand Prix race.

Huge crowds turned up for the race, including Mafiosa from Naples.

Some never left and have infiltrated Monte Carlo.

Now the Mafia Game that pits the forces of light against the forces of darkness. The players are residents of Monte Carlo. The town is being terrorized by the mafia. During the night, the mafia roam about selecting a law-abiding civilian as their victim. During the day, the townspeople gather together, seeking justice, and vote to convict one of their number of secretly being a member of the mafia.

We have 4 Mafia Members

2 Masons

1 Cop

1 Doc

1 Assassin

9 Townies

The rules

Mafia (4) ? A Godfather and 3 of his/her cronies. There will be no recruiting in this game.

The team decide their targets together and the GF then sends me the name of the target if the Godfather dies any remaining members can send me a name that has been decided amongst you.

The Mafia get to kill every night.

Masons(2) ? They will be fed the name and result of the cops nightly investigation. They can talk amongst themselves and discuss tactics they wish to use to try and flush a goon out.

Cop - Can investigate a player every night and the results are passed on to the Masons. The cop and masons do not know who each other is.

Doc - Can choose to save 1 player a night from a mafia/Assassin kill. He/she cannot save the same player twice. They can choose to save themself.

Assassin On the side of the townies, has 3 kills during the game. He sometimes makes a mistake though and kills his own.

Please post votes and unvotes in bold e.g. vote Romanov and unvote Romanov

If you don't your vote will not be counted.

You can bluff or lie about your role, but if you come out right and say you?re the doctor or gossip etc you will be mod killed

A lynch will happen when there is enough votes for the same person or a deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached but not enough numbers have voted the same person, the person with the highest amount of votes at that time will be lynched. If it is a tie I will devize a way of picking the winner.

Only players who have a team role are allowed to PM other players about the game. If you receive a PM from someone you are not supposed to please DON'T post it on the game thread, report it to me first. If you have any questions about the general rules post them on the thread, if you have a question about your role/power PM me and I'll try my best to explain it.

No Pms or chat in other threads or even in real life about the game unless you have a role which allows PMs to other players and then it can only be between the players you have been given by me.

No speculation is permitted on the thread during the night period, just the usual sorry I?ve killed townie type stuff. I will punish players who mis behave at night.

Ghosts can post but if they say vote someone off or unsubtly hint for someone to be voted off, I will be round to kill them for real-just don?t do it please.

Oh and finally I will Mod kill non posters and voters unless there is good excuse.

Low posters will either be sinned binned or mod killed depending on how I feel.

The players are.

Stout

Armiya

Jambolad

SHP

Flux

Jamie

Doctor

Commander

Cigaro

Maximus

K1874M

CCP

DDLN

Boof

Yvonne

Stella

Beverley

JennyJambo

First deadline is 10pm tonight.

Mods can you sticky please.

See the deadlines changed all ready :rolleyes:;)

yay! more mafia :)

delighted that after a run of being a bad guy for a couple of games(something I'm not very good at as I'm such a **** poor liar!) I'm back to being a plain old townie (a role that I'm actually half decent at :))

looking forward to lynching some goons!

Quite simply dont believe you lol...

Vote CH

Right who next....

unvote CH

Only jesting.

Pint of heavy - with an olive - for Harris.

And for AR...is that one of the five-a-day one's supposed to have?

Sorry, but Harris got the last olive - hope a pickled onion will do.

Commander Harris

vote K1874M

he's made two annoying long posts, one with a huge quote and a one sentence reply and another with an obscene amount of whitespace. Both heinous crimes in my view.

:D

Commander Harris
vote K1874M

he's made two annoying long posts, one with a huge quote and a one sentence reply and another with an obscene amount of whitespace. Both heinous crimes in my view.

:D

unvote K1874M

:biggrin:

Any takers for my cop-investigate-the-person-after-them-on-the-list idea this time?

With perhaps the cop and masons being a leetle more subtle with their findings this time :D, though SHP unwittingly threw the spanner in the works last time.

For the folk who don't know what I'm talking about, what it entails is the cop agreeing to investigate the player after them on this list...

Stout

Armiya

Jambolad

SHP

Flux

Jamie

Doctor

Commander

Cigaro

Maximus

K1874M

CCP

DDLN

Boof

Yvonne

Stella

Beverley

JennyJambo

...and obviously Jenny would investigate the person at the top of the list.

The plusses are that it would let the masons know the identity of two people in one go - one of whom would be the cop, so if there's any targetting of known good players they could possibly come to their rescue or at least get a handle on who might be bad dudes.

The minuses are that Deek could decide to reveal that a bad guy was investigated, which would narrow down the cop to 4 players, however he didn't do this last game - he just revealed that a roled player or townie was investigated, so if we only do it for the first night they shouldn't be able to get any info as to the cop's identity...as long as any information collected was dealt with pretty hush-hushily until it was really needed.

Its flawed Boof.... surely it would make it easier for the goons to work out who the cop was puting the only good roles on the townies side in jeopardy.

Commander Harris
Any takers for my cop-investigate-the-person-after-them-on-the-list idea this time?

With perhaps the cop and masons being a leetle more subtle with their findings this time :D, though SHP unwittingly threw the spanner in the works last time.

For the folk who don't know what I'm talking about, what it entails is the cop agreeing to investigate the player after them on this list...

Stout

Armiya

Jambolad

SHP

Flux

Jamie

Doctor

Commander

Cigaro

Maximus

K1874M

CCP

DDLN

Boof

Yvonne

Stella

Beverley

JennyJambo

...and obviously Jenny would investigate the person at the top of the list.

The plusses are that it would let the masons know the identity of two people in one go - one of whom would be the cop, so if there's any targetting of known good players they could possibly come to their rescue or at least get a handle on who might be bad dudes.

The minuses are that Deek could decide to reveal that a bad guy was investigated, which would narrow down the cop to 4 players, however he didn't do this last game - he just revealed that a roled player or townie was investigated, so if we only do it for the first night they shouldn't be able to get any info as to the cop's identity...as long as any information collected was dealt with pretty hush-hushily until it was really needed.

as a goon in the last game where this was tried - it is probably the main reason why the bad guys won. Even if it was tried in a more subtle manner an intelligent goon is going to spot it and then the good guys will be struggling.

as a goon in the last game where this was tried - it is probably the main reason why the bad guys won. Even if it was tried in a more subtle manner an intelligent goon is going to spot it and then the good guys will be struggling.

Ah so I had you in the last game..... ! knew it.

Boaby Ewing

Vote: HMFC Jamie

My reasons are as sound as they are petty.

I'd rather off him now than see him modkilled again.

ArmiyaRomanova

The words 'fish' and 'barrel' spring to mind.

And no Boof, that's not my order from the bar.

With or without a pickled onion in it.

Its flawed Boof.... surely it would make it easier for the goons to work out who the cop was puting the only good roles on the townies side in jeopardy.
unless you want to know who the cop is so you can off him/her. Vote boof

Let's just take the last game as an example when we got down to 3v2.

If even one of the 3 had had some information regarding any of the others (disregarding annoying ghosts) that could've helped the town.

If need be, keep the information until that time - there was no need for JamboLad to go all gung-ho after the first investigation last time...that's the only reason the goons got a handle on who to whack. IIRC, the cop and masons all got whacked rather than lynched...if they were able to keep things under their hats a bit better then even the most intelligent goon isn't going to know where to look for 'em.

BTW I'm just a plain townie, weary and downhearted :(, I think I'll keep my vote on Boof for the foreseeable but S.H.P and AR will also be on my potential vote list. The former was carefully selected at random the latter almost spoilt the party for my team the last time.

BoJack Horseman

Mines a Tennents. Don't hate me, I like the taste of urine. Packet of worcester sauce too mate.

vote hmfcjamie

It's not like he'll even post.

Wanna vote him off before he gets the chance to post? :laugh:

We all know the first day is a random one so I'll Vote hmfcJamie as well.

If he's clean we're not gonna be losing much (unless he's roled) and if he's dirty we might just see some folk not voting him/voting elsewhere to try and save him.

My suspicion is that Deek wouldn't've given him a role - even if the random number generator said so.

Commander Harris

bit harsh on jamie, the lad will not be home from school yet and he'll log in to find himself dead.

I do get the point that he doesn't tend to contribute much but why don't we give him another chance - how about we say that if he get's mod-killed in this game he is suspended from the next one? (then he'll get another chance the game after that)

seems fairer than just off-ing him day one and if he does have a good role it means we haven't lost that role on the first day.

If he does have a role though he probably won't use it, Deek will just go to the next day after waiting 10 hours for a response. Not that I trust this mini pile on FWIW.

1929? Oh my. :o

I have way too many curves for some 20's style flapper dress! I demand the next game occur in the 50's when breasts and hips were all the rage!

And I will have a Gin and Tonic barman. Any rank old Gin will do. It's the 20's after all!

bit harsh on jamie, the lad will not be home from school yet and he'll log in to find himself dead.

I do get the point that he doesn't tend to contribute much but why don't we give him another chance - how about we say that if he get's mod-killed in this game he is suspended from the next one? (then he'll get another chance the game after that)

seems fairer than just off-ing him day one and if he does have a good role it means we haven't lost that role on the first day.

I'd still be mightily surprised if he had a role - never mind what the random generator says.

In that case, wouldn't it be better to lynch him (as a vanilla townie - ONLY going by my probably-skew-whiff logic) rather than have him modkilled as a vanilla townie and us have to lynch someone who could be possibly awfully good?

I take your point on the give-him-a-chance-to-say-his-bit scenario so unvote hmfcjamie

Wanna vote him off before he gets the chance to post? :laugh:

We all know the first day is a random one so I'll Vote hmfcJamie as well.

If he's clean we're not gonna be losing much (unless he's roled) and if he's dirty we might just see some folk not voting him/voting elsewhere to try and save him.

My suspicion is that Deek wouldn't've given him a role - even if the random number generator said so.

i think jamie was a goon in the last me, and the cynic in me wonders if Deek gave him a role to try and make him more active....

And I will have a Gin and Tonic barman. Any rank old Gin will do. It's the 20's after all!

I'll give you Gordon's - he won't notice...he's lying pished in the corner :D

ArmiyaRomanova

I thought he went to school in the middle of the night. :whistling:

Commander Harris
If he does have a role though he probably won't use it, Deek will just go to the next day after waiting 10 hours for a response. Not that I trust this mini pile on FWIW.

don't really understand that.

from a goon perspective,the positives for doing this would be that they get rid of a player day one without drawing attention. jamie is a safe vote and it means it's one less round that can be used in deducing voting patterns

the negatives(again, from a goon perspective) are that in all probablility, jamie is going to get modkilled anyway, so it's a bit of a waste to get rid of him when another player could be killed instead AND jamie gets modkilled. 2 down instead of one.

on balance, if I was a goon - I would think it better to keep jamie on board and turn my attentions elsewhere.

Mines a Tennents. Don't hate me, I like the taste of urine. Packet of worcester sauce too mate.

Whoops - sorry for the slow service...didn't recognise you...are you new in town?

Ehhhh, sorry nae crisps...I'll just give you a Bloody Tennent's...lager, tomato juice and a dash of Worcester Sauce...should keep that lagery taste away :D

Commander Harris
I'd still be mightily surprised if he had a role - never mind what the random generator says.

In that case, wouldn't it be better to lynch him (as a vanilla townie - ONLY going by my probably-skew-whiff logic) rather than have him modkilled as a vanilla townie and us have to lynch someone who could be possibly awfully good?

I take your point on the give-him-a-chance-to-say-his-bit scenario so unvote hmfcjamie

fair point. I pretty much said the converse in my previous post.

my original point was more out of sympathy for Jamie, but from a game perspective it probably does make sense to lynch him - unless he has a role or unless he decides to take a full part in the game - two things we have no way of knowing at this stage.

IF you are using that logic Boof, that Deek will just picks the roles himself and does not use randomness then I can have a good stab at who the goons are now.

S.H.P - couldn't get a role last time, so will get one now to make up for it

Armiya - Has been very good at spotting goons the last few games, said as much on the sign up (also said he'd be a "shoe in" to be first mafia target). Prime candidate to be made bad for the laffs by Deek

Jenny - Missed the last game, said he would give her a juicy role ;)

Cigaro - Not been a baddie as far as I can remember.

this is just conjecture of course....

BoJack Horseman
Whoops - sorry for the slow service...didn't recognise you...are you new in town?

Ehhhh, sorry nae crisps...I'll just give you a Bloody Tennent's...lager, tomato juice and a dash of Worcester Sauce...should keep that lagery taste away :D

No problem, barkeep. Indeed yes, I am new to the town, just moved in down the road. May I trouble you for a potato?

Commander Harris
No problem, barkeep. Indeed yes, I am new to the town, just moved in down the road. May I trouble you for a potato?

:biggrin:

Maximus - it was only conjecture on my part as well.

And it would only have been for jamie (given his previous lack of participation) that the un-randomness would've kicked in.

SHP would've had a role in the last game had he been PM-able.

King Edward?

Mind you'll have to go outside if you want to smoke it though.

Commander Harris
unvote boof

vote S.H.P

Just because

ah, good to see the old rivalries back. :D

I picked his name off the list at random, honest, the method I used was to throw an eraser at the screen and pick the name closest to the mark left behind.

ArmiyaRomanova
King Edward?

Mind you'll have to go outside if you want to smoke it though.

A non-smoking establishment in 1929?

Damn, have to take my opium pipe elsewhere.

HMFCjamieHMFC
I thought he went to school in the middle of the night. :whistling:

at the time i thought we had got rid of the player a lot later

HMFCjamieHMFC
You a goon in this game, Jamie?

no because that would be ridiculous as i would have had role about 6 times in the last seven games

Archived