The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

It won't be looked at until they have a league place of some kind. Expect it to be cleared with quibbles upon their entry into the Glasgow Sunday leagues in 2014.

That does not make sense... but we are talking about the SFA. I would expect they would be separate things. ie you can get a SFA licence, but that would not guarantee you place league place.

ToadKiller Dog

More wind and piss scare story nonsense from an increasingly irrelevant Jim Traynor . What has been shown certainly is that the print media is a lumbering dinosaur in its last days as the meteor hits .

Mr Traynor the only punishment rangers have had so far inforced is the 10pts the rst like the euro ban are consequences of there own actions . .

The red tops will spout shit all week in the run up to these meetings but a good few of them will die with oldco rangers .

Traynor is most probably under orders from the owners of the DR to get the orcs on side - and if that means retracting statements made when it seemed likely that Div 1 was where they were going, then so be it. Traynor's personal opinions on the subject are always going to be a secondary comsideration when half their weegie readership is in jeopardy :unsure:

LOL great find!

Can someone please remind as I have forgotten and it was after all over 2 years ago.

What exactly was the fine that Rangers received from the SPL for this blatant breach of SPL rules and regulations?

?100,000 fine or a Chico induced 8 points deduction?

Couldn't see this posted anywhere from Walter:

My link

There are a right few nuggets in this article however one of my favs is this:

Smith added: ?The reason I agreed to lend my name and reputation to their bid was because they were not looking for anything in return".

I love how he comes out and says his reputations yet won't confirm his involvement with the EBT's!

I have to agree with Walter to a point. "?Any club that goes into liquidation and wishes to come out again as a newco should know exactly how they are going to be treated. Instead, everyone is posturing just now"

But would point out that it's not everyone, and the SFA have been posturing in order to save Rangers and therefore doing his club a favour. Furthermore nobody has been delaying and posturing more then people in charge of Rangers so blame them.

Rick Grimes

That does not make sense... but we are talking about the SFA. I would expect they would be separate things. ie you can get a SFA licence, but that would not guarantee you place league place.

It kinda does though - why would you need an SFA club licence if you're not a football club? Having a stadium, training ground and potentially a few players doesn't make you one, so the SFA's first question really should be "Where do yous play, likes?". TCFKAR say "the SFL" if they're voted in and at that stage the SFA can either give them the nod or tell them to bolt. If they don't play anywhere then there's nothing to decide.

To be fair to the SFA, I think that was the point of getting the paperwork in early. It will be looked over and a decision made but won't be rubber-stamped until there's a decision on a league place. They'll probably give the nod to the SFL in advance of the vote as I believe that's not going to happen tomorrow.

Tommy Wiseau

I lost track of this ages ago - can someone drop me a line when Little Mo sparks Rangers across the face with the iron, please?

Rick Grimes

I lost track of this ages ago - can someone drop me a line when Little Mo sparks Rangers across the face with the iron, please?

That happens on Wednesday when the SPL vote NewCo's hope of an immediate top flight berth away. We're not currently sure if or when Stacey Slater (SFL) gets to stove Rangers head in with a statue.... Tuesday maybe, I'm guessing Thursday.

Traynor will just suckle on the nearest juicy nipple that feeds his fat face. First it was true love Ardrieonians, then the Huns, I guess he'll be fawning over the tic next.

He's a big jabba that feeds on so much self indulgence until he has to boak it all up in his tawdry column for his weegie scavengers to feed off. Nob

I LIKE the cut of your jib, sir! :thumbsup:

I have to agree with Walter to a point. "?Any club that goes into liquidation and wishes to come out again as a newco should know exactly how they are going to be treated. Instead, everyone is posturing just now"

But would point out that it's not everyone, and the SFA have been posturing in order to save Rangers and therefore doing his club a favour. Furthermore nobody has been delaying and posturing more then people in charge of Rangers so blame them.

you come out of Administration, you don't come out of liquidation unless someone pays your debts off! And seeing as no one seems to want to do that, it's finished and Sevco are now the new boys in town..

you come out of Administration, you don't come out of liquidation unless someone pays your debts off! And seeing as no one seems to want to do that, it's finished and Sevco are now the new boys in town..

:spoton:

Well said.

Getintaethem

Airdrie lost out on promotion to the first division in the play-off final. If Rangers don't start in Division 1, I would assume that Airdrie will be promoted. Isn't it sporting of Mr Traynor to give Rangers a place in Div 1 at the expense of his own beloved Airdrie Utd.*

* Or maybe he's just a fat hun

It kinda does though - why would you need an SFA club licence if you're not a football club? Having a stadium, training ground and potentially a few players doesn't make you one, so the SFA's first question really should be "Where do yous play, likes?". TCFKAR say "the SFL" if they're voted in and at that stage the SFA can either give them the nod or tell them to bolt. If they don't play anywhere then there's nothing to decide.

To be fair to the SFA, I think that was the point of getting the paperwork in early. It will be looked over and a decision made but won't be rubber-stamped until there's a decision on a league place. They'll probably give the nod to the SFL in advance of the vote as I believe that's not going to happen tomorrow.

I kind of see it from the other way around. When you have a licence your club is then met with some credibility. What's the point of talking about where to put a football club that does does not have any credibility.

If you were interviewing people for truck driving a job, you would ask first if they had an HGV licence.

on a side note but funny to note how they chose to illustrate the point check out 47 secs into this clip from the onion

Airdrie lost out on promotion to the first division in the play-off final. If Rangers don't start in Division 1, I would assume that Airdrie will be promoted. Isn't it sporting of Mr Traynor to give Rangers a place in Div 1 at the expense of his own beloved Airdrie Utd.*

Traynor knows which side his bread is buttered - both, with lard, as he is a fat prick.

colinmaroon

A response to that Traynor "article." :thumbsup:

http://wingsland.pod...g-far-and-wide/

Now, sycophant Jim, that is the truth and it strips away every last vestige of credibility that you had, if indeed you had any left anyway.

You are thoroughly and completely discredited and, if the truth jumped up and bit you in the arse, you wouldn't feel a thing!

You are, arguably, as much if not more of a Grima Wormtongue than that lickspittle masquerading as CE of the SPL.

Journalist? My not inconsiderale bahoochie, you are!

I take your point... Walters words not mine.

colinmaroon

Traynor is most probably under orders from the owners of the DR to get the orcs on side - and if that means retracting statements made when it seemed likely that Div 1 was where they were going, then so be it. Traynor's personal opinions on the subject are always going to be a secondary comsideration when half their weegie readership is in jeopardy :unsure:

And he dares to talk about "integrity"!

Hypocrite!!!

colinmaroon

http://www.express.c...ts/view/330180?

?Audi haven?t done walking away, but they have driven away.?

Excellent news and i suspect just the start of many sponsors of the club formerly known as rangers who will now " WALK AWAY " :thumbsup:

THIS is the money going out of Scottish Football - i.e.going out of Rangers' pocket.

Loved this bit: "Now the players face having to buy their own cars [just like everyone else] at a time when wages could be slashed."

Damned shame, isn't it?

Rick Grimes

I kind of see it from the other way around. When you have a licence your club is then met with some credibility. What's the point of talking about where to put a football club that does does not have any credibility.

If you were interviewing people for truck driving a job, you would ask first if they had an HGV licence.

Totally - I can see it from both angles though.

Crucially though, and what's been completely unreported, I think maybe even on this thread so far, is that there has been no application by NewCo to join the SFL. They've applied for a transfer of Rangers' SFA membership but that doesn't confer anything else alongside it automatically.

Whilst there is a vote about transferring the SPL share on Wednesday, I'm not evehn sure they actually applied for that either or just initally expected it to be handed across for free.

Assuming the expected happens midweek then they've got to scramble pretty quickly to get an application into the SFL. Dundee/Dunfermline will have been invited up & the SFL is duty bound to then start promoting the other teams up leaving a gap at the bottom of the third only. We all know that Spartans etc have their applications ready - have NewCo been getting that lined up or have they been content to just lobby via the press for an unattainable spot in Div 1?

I P Knightley

Now, sycophant Jim, that is the truth and it strips away every last vestige of credibility that you had, if indeed you had any left anyway.

You are thoroughly and completely discredited and, if the truth jumped up and bit you in the arse, you wouldn't feel a thing!

You are, arguably, as much if not more of a Grima Wormtongue than that lickspittle masquerading as CE of the SPL.

Journalist? My not inconsiderale bahoochie, you are!

I'm not quite the cultural heavyweight you might think me to be from my writings. I haven't got a clue who this character is and find the constant referencing perplexing.

THIS is the money going out of Scottish Football - i.e.going out of Rangers' pocket.

Loved this bit: "Now the players face having to buy their own cars [just like everyone else] at a time when wages could be slashed."

Damned shame, isn't it?

I Wonder what motor Lee Wallace will buy himself :whistling: a 4x4 could be handy for getting to some of the car parks at some of the 3rd division grounds he will grace himself next season :blink:

Edited by jambosrbarry

lost in leith

Traynor continues to be an apologist for Oldco and Newco. He must still be getting succulent lamb from someone. This figure of ?16M lost to the game has been bandied about but I don't recollect anyone giving details of how it was calculated. Have I missed something?

I'm sure this will have been arrived at by looking at the ?80m Sky were rumoured to have offered over 5 years and, er, dividing it by 5. Fair comment to say that Sky are unlikely to sign up to that amount without the stickies, but a bit fanciful to suggest that the next TV deal will be worth ?0. If there was no TV deal at all games would return to a sensible time and there would surely be a significant increase in walk up crowds, take up for corporate etc.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2160798/Rangers-crisis-Sky-wont-pull-plug-TV-deal.html

Hagar the Horrible

I'm not quite the cultural heavyweight you might think me to be from my writings. I haven't got a clue who this character is and find the constant referencing perplexing.

From the Lord of the rings books, he is the agent of the evil ones and speaks bad words of wisdom and faslehoods into the ear of the spellbound King Theodin of Rohan, sums doncaster up to a tee

Auldreekie1874

I Wonder what motor Lee Wallace will buy himself :whistling: a 4x4 could be handy for getting to some of the car parks at some of the 3rd division grounds he will grace himself next season :blink:

A Sho(t)gun perhaps?

:chase:

colinmaroon

From the Lord of the rings books, he is the agent of the evil ones and speaks bad words of wisdom and faslehoods into the ear of the spellbound King Theodin of Rohan, sums doncaster up to a tee

Thank you my good friend.

The two characters are amazingly alike.

Here's hoping the suffer the same fate.

Edited by colinmaroon

The Gasman

* Or maybe he's just a fat hun

I know Traynor always claimed to be a fan of Airdrieonians, but did he not "walk away" when they went bust...? I may be mistaken, but I don't think he has ever claimed to be a fan of Airdrie United, because they were not his team, but a brand new club....

He's one of Rangers biggest (fattest?) apologists, despite the fact it was Rangers who killed Airdrieonians, the team he claimed to love. He refused to follow Airdrie Utd, as they were a new team, but continues to follow (follow) Servco, despite them being a new company, and not yet a team at all. The idea of the death of Rangers being a benifit to Airdrie Utd is a nice example of Karma, but I don't suppose Traynor will lift his snout from the trough long enough to even notice.....

PS: You're spot on with your last assertion. :thumb:

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/330180?

?Audi haven?t done walking away, but they have driven away.?

Great news.... when will Tennant's walk away?

On another note - do Hearts not need a car sponsor now that Saab are bust? Hearts would be able to offer Audi a cheap alternative.

I take your point... Walters words not mine.

I know:) just pointing out the obvious to Wattie.. if he's reading.

Tasavallan

think of him as a sort of an Alistair Campbell...

grima.jpg

I P Knightley

Damned shame, isn't it?

There's an excellent "Ride2Work" scheme operated by HMRC that allows a company's employees to fund the purchase of a bicycle and related equipment and, in doing so, avoid payment of tax.

Sounds ideal for these people.

Getintaethem

Newco have just signed Andy Little on a one year deal.

Are they actually allowed to sign anybody over 18?

Rick Grimes

Could be wrong, but I think they're allowed to sign extensions.

hughesie27

Why not?

itsnomarooned

On another note - do Hearts not need a car sponsor now that Saab are bust? Hearts would be able to offer Audi a cheap alternative.

I thought we'd signed a deal with Citroen once the Chathams agreement was nullified. I seem to remember much wringing of hands at the time Chatham decided not to renew (or wahtever) and declarations that this was a sign of a lack of confidence in Hearts etc. Er, no ......... deal with local business (albeit highly reputable I'm sure) replaced by deal with national car manufacturer. Personally I wouldn't particularly thank you for a Citroen but that's just me.

I think the transfer embargo is with the oldco.

I wonder what kind of contract the newco offered.. are they even a football club?

The Gasman

NewCo (Servco) is a commercial company, no more. It is not a football club, as it is not a member of a league, and does not hold SFA membership, or a National Club Licence. This means that they cannot hold the registration of any football player.

As Rangers OldCo are in Liquidation, but not yet wound up, they are still a football club. They are still banned from registering any players.

I'd guess that this is little more that a crude attempt by Green, to up the pressure on the SFA to grant / transfer the membership to Servco. I'd also guess that it's very likely to have the opposite effect, and just piss off the SFA even more.

jamboinglasgow

Yup, the registration embargo was over-turned at the court of session, the SFA said they would not contest it so they are still waiting for the punishment. So they are free to sign anyone.

Edited by jamboinglasgow

I think the transfer embargo is with the oldco.

I wonder what kind of contract the newco offered.. are they even a football club?

Sorry if I'm way off - but was the transfer ban not chucked out after Rangers took the SFA to court and won. The punishement was declared invalid and we're waiting on them sitting again to determine a new punishment.

Sevco Gers can sign anyone I think ???

[EDIT - JIG GOT IN 1MIN BEFORE ME TO SAY THE SAME THING! :thumbsup: ]

Edited by Mysterion

A Sho(t)gun perhaps?

:chase:

An old " Banger " would suit him :thumbsup:

Rick Grimes

Everyone (including me) schooled by the Gasman on this one then? That's why he's winning the thread :)

Yup, the registration embargo was over-turned at the court of session, the SFA said they would not contend it so they are still waiting for the punishment. So they are free to sign anyone.

As I understood it Rangers were given an signing embargo.

Rangers went to court about embargo and it was ruled that the embargo was not legal.

As FIFA/UEFA/SFA/SPL want to keep things in house they did not contend the ruling, but would look into it. I did not hear that the embargo was ever retracted!

Regardless Rangers were liquidated and now the newco is making the signing, not Rangers!

There's an excellent "Ride2Work" scheme operated by HMRC that allows a company's employees to fund the purchase of a bicycle and related equipment and, in doing so, avoid payment of tax.

Sounds ideal for these people.

26407824115862590290021.jpg

Tasavallan

NewCo (Servco) is a commercial company, no more. It is not a football club, as it is not a member of a league, and does not hold SFA membership, or a National Club Licence. This means that they cannot hold the registration of any football player.

As Rangers OldCo are in Liquidation, but not yet wound up, they are still a football club. They are still banned from registering any players.

I'd guess that this is little more that a crude attempt by Green, to up the pressure on the SFA to grant / transfer the membership to Servco. I'd also guess that it's very likely to have the opposite effect, and just piss off the SFA even more.

Just a small point to our points leader, but it is 'SEVCO', Gasman, not 'SERVCO'. although give Hughie time and he'll probably start a company called that, too. rolleyes.gif

The Gasman

Yup, the registration embargo was over-turned at the court of session, the SFA said they would not contest it so they are still waiting for the punishment. So they are free to sign anyone.

No they're not - the football club are in Administration, which carries an automatic ban on the registering of players. This has been in place since 14th February, and is completely separate to any sanction the SFA were later trying to impose.

there has been no application by NewCo to join the SFL.

The ?1,000.00 fee is probably puting Green off.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic