The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Jamboelite

Would I be right in saying that the LNS verdict carries all the legal weight of someone slavering in the pub?

Correct.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Would I be right in saying that the LNS verdict carries all the legal weight of someone slavering in the pub?

Yes but this is Scottish football so quite frankly, what are you looking for?

Chris McLaughlin?Verified account @BBCchrismclaug  17m17 minutes ago

More

I detect no appetite from those running Scottish football for another Lord Nimmo Smith style investigation following today's HMRC verdict

Grant Russell?Verified account @STVGrant  40m40 minutes ago

More

The stance from Hampden is very much that LNS ruled on concealment of side letters, not legality of scheme. Reopening case not on the table.

Ah, the bottom feeding media appologists in full flow. These people have no shame.

Jamboelite

Ah, the bottom feeding media appologists in full flow. These people have no shame.

To be fair this isnt them driving that view it will be coming straight from inside corrupt FA headquarters

LNS decision was based on the fact anyone could have done what Rangers did as the EBT scheme was deemed legal however the side letters should have been declared and werent and a fine was imposed. The very fact that the underpinning summary of why there was no other issue is now reversed with this decision means every justification for titles not being stripped etc has to be reviewed......but it wont.

I dont expect anything but at least Rangers supporters dont have a single argument left regarding tainted trophies as that ship has sailed with this ruling.

Edited by Jamboelite

Stuart Lyon

Lord Nimmo Smith was DUPed by the charlatans at the SFA - Doncaster and Regan must go.

Cruyff Turn

Chris McLaughlin?Verified account @BBCchrismclaug 17m17 minutes ago

More

I detect no appetite from those running Scottish football for another Lord Nimmo Smith style investigation following today's HMRC verdict

Grant Russell?Verified account @STVGrant 40m40 minutes ago

More

The stance from Hampden is very much that LNS ruled on concealment of side letters, not legality of scheme. Reopening case not on the table.

What a feckin joke.

Supporters should not stop until titles have been stripped.

Footballfirst

The gist of my questions on using Ann's influence were part of the JKB Q&A back in February. I followed it up re Rangers UEFA Licence. I have also sought that FOH incorporates values such as "sporting integrity" and "without fear or favour" in their governance proposals on how the club should be run post fan ownership.

We'll have to wait and see how the governance proposals work out, as to whether FOH intends to be completely passive, or is willing to define what we as fans would like our club to be in its relationships with the football authorities and other clubs.

Chris McLaughlin?Verified account @BBCchrismclaug 17m17 minutes ago

More

Grant Russell?Verified account @STVGrant 40m40 minutes ago

More

Nothing will happen

Hagar the Horrible

a Year ago Rangers pubished their accounts, shortly afterwards the auditors said they would no longer act on their behalf, and their interim results have been published unaudited, as of the end of July (books closed) and around about October their annual accounts need to be published fully audited?  yet that is unlikely and once again the SFA allowed them to enter into a Uefa tourament illegally.  Heads need to roll at the SFA.

a Year ago Rangers pubished their accounts, shortly afterwards the auditors said they would no longer act on their behalf, and their interim results have been published unaudited, as of the end of July (books closed) and around about October their annual accounts need to be published fully audited? yet that is unlikely and once again the SFA allowed them to enter into a Uefa tourament illegally. Heads need to roll at the SFA.

Spot on. Rules have been bent and ignored in order to pave the way for Sevco to do what ever they like. High time the clubs themselves were taking those that manage the game here to task.

Edited by Deevers

Hagar the Horrible

THay have been told now to replace the 5 stars with five *  one for each stripped title

Independence

I think they should revisit that now. There can't be a single Hearts fan who doesn't want Rangers dealt with properly.

Correct I am a FofH member soon going to collect my 1956 pin badge and certificate. The Hearts fans or fans from other Scottish clubs must not let this just blow over. Scottish football will remain corrupt till this situation has been properly resolved.

Hagar the Horrible

Wiki has this on Italian Chapions  2004-05  Not awarded due to Juventus leading a match fixing scandal.

Even the Italians show us integrity

A spokesman said: ?The board of the SPFL notes today?s judgement of the Supreme Court. We will now take time to examine the judgement in detail and to consider any implications for the SPFL.?

Read more at: http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/rangers-big-tax-case-verdict-spfl-to-consider-implications-1-4495367

Here's how I know see this panning out. SPFL/SFA will take a few days to pretend to be looking into all options before deciding that they are going to stick by the LNS enquiry. The media/level5 will turn up the heat on blaming David Murray and that striping titles isn't an option. They will do this in hope that the Scottish football public just sit back and accept it. We then have two options. 1, sit back and accept it. 2, put pressure on our club to put pressure on the SFA/SPFL to strip titles, cheating etc. I honestly think this will cause huge protests across Scottish football now. With the Craig Whyte fraud case throwing up some real dirty laundry I think fans now want to see action taken. I hope Ann and the Hearts board release a statement asking for a new investigation to be opened into this.

My ideal scenario would be this. The titles and trophies won to be voided and stricken from the history books. The immediate removal of Doncaster and Regan from their respective positions and a full independent enquiry into the dealings of the whole Rangers saga opened.

The old blame Craig Whyte by Minty.

Notwithstanding his under the counter deal to get Whyte in to get hus Metals business back for a pound, his RFC PLC would still have been liquidated this summer on the back of today's decision.

And as the season has now started, it would be kaput and nowhere for a club to go.

Armageddon

Its enough as a warning shot, good on them, thats the ball rolling?   just imagine what they are saying behind the scenes

Clever statement ,not saying to much but putting pressure on the SFA,SPFLs necks .

They also appease their support who will be demanding they do something .

Ball rolling and a platform for other clubs to put pressure on the authorities.  Dundee United will be next, they've taken it tight off of SevCo so should put pressure on the wanky beaks.

jambovambo

Uh-oh :

"UEFA have confirmed they are investigating the eligibility of Progres scorer Manu Francoise who failed drug test in May #Rangers"

Should have banners on display demanding title stripping of OldCo at all the games once the season kicks off. For all that Aberdeen and Celtic fans can be a dislikable lot, they spend a lot of time at the print shops. Other teams should join in.

Whilst I don't believe SEVCO have won any titles (aside from the championship), the history books must reflect that OldCo cheated.

Uh-oh :

"UEFA have confirmed they are investigating the eligibility of Progres scorer Manu Francoise who failed drug test in May #Rangers"

Please, no Edited by JamboJen

Uh-oh :

Could be good if they counter claim that SEVCO don't meet the criteria for a UEFA licence. Could get good and messy.

Somebody email them.

Armageddon

Hahahaha the boy was banned for taking an illegal substance for his asthma.

Beaten by a part time asthmatic!!!!

alwaysthereinspirit

Uh-oh :

The irony of Newco maybe getting through because of the "eligibility" of a player should not be lost on the rest of us, the Scottish club fans.

RustyRightPeg

That Celtic statement will have the SFA doing rounds of their office

:davebp:

Diadora Van Basten

Lord Nimmo Smith was DUPed by the charlatans at the SFA - Doncaster and Regan must go.

Also Ogilvie who withheld the fact that they had to settle the small tax case from Lord Nimmo.

Jambo 4 Ever

Uh-oh :

is this for real?

Unknown user

Hahahaha the boy was banned for taking an illegal substance for his asthma.

Beaten by a part time asthmatic!!!!

This was known about before the games, he's appealed as I understand it.

This is from the sun;

Manu Francoise is another new recruit and is set to face Rangers, despite failing a drugs test last month.

The French midfielder only signed for the Ibrox side?s Europa League opponents a couple of weeks ago but Luxembourg doping chiefs revealed he failed a routine drugs check ? and he could face a long ban.

Yet Progres bosses are firmly behind him and have vowed to fight any punishment, claiming it was due to asthma medication.

General manager Thomas Gilgemann said: ?We support Francoise against this charge.

What he took was not performance-enhancing ? he was having an athsma attack.?

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1170468/progres-niederkorn-alexandre-karapetian-shisha-rangers-europa-league/

That Celtic statement will have the SFA doing rounds of their office

:davebp:

Maybe this will be a chance for Lawell to run Celtic, The SFA and the SPFL all at the same time instead of being the puppeteer.

jambovambo

is this for real?

Hard to say - a lot of chat on twitter but no links there to proper sources.

(edit - missed the reports above -duh)

Edited by jambovambo

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I'd expect every other club to follow suit.

Nae hiding for the cowards at the SFA.

Including our own. Come on Budge, get fired intae thum.

Footballfirst

SFA statement - They are doing SFA

Scottish FA statement on Supreme Court ruling

Wednesday, 05 July 2017

The Board of the Scottish FA notes the judgment of the Supreme Court and wishes to clarify the implications of this final legal decision from a football regulatory perspective.

In light of the Inner House of the Court of Session decision, the Board of the Scottish FA sought external senior counsel opinion to ensure a robust and independent consideration of all implications of today?s judgment.

The Board received written advice from Senior Counsel, amplified when the QC attended a full meeting of the Board to discuss his conclusions.

Specifically, Senior Counsel was asked to anticipate whether a determination in favour of HMRC, as announced today, could imply that there had been a breach of the Scottish FA?s Disciplinary Rules as they applied at the time of the EBT payments.

The clear opinion of Senior Counsel is that there is a very limited chance of the Scottish FA succeeding in relation to any complaint regarding this matter and that, even if successful, any sanctions available to a Judicial Panel would also be limited in their scope.

Accordingly, having had time to consider the opinion from Senior Counsel, and having examined the judgment of the UK Supreme Court, the Board has determined that no further disciplinary action should be taken by the Scottish FA at this time.

Edited by Footballfirst

alwaysthereinspirit

Including our own. Come on Budge, get fired intae thum.

Joking aside with the "get fired intae thum" that is exactly what Hearts and every other team not Named Newco should be doing.

It helped 5 years ago for all to be united as one and this has to be the same. If fans allow this to pass without any consequences against Newco then we get what we deserve. Hearts as a supporter owned club should be leading the charge.

Unbelievable that the SFA can use so many weasel words to say "We have shat the bed and are curling up in a foetal position until it all goes away"

Rick Grimes

SFA statement - They are doing SFA

Scottish FA statement on Supreme Court ruling

Wednesday, 05 July 2017

The Board of the Scottish FA notes the judgment of the Supreme Court and wishes to clarify the implications of this final legal decision from a football regulatory perspective.

In light of the Inner House of the Court of Session decision, the Board of the Scottish FA sought external senior counsel opinion to ensure a robust and independent consideration of all implications of today?s judgment.

The Board received written advice from Senior Counsel, amplified when the QC attended a full meeting of the Board to discuss his conclusions.

Specifically, Senior Counsel was asked to anticipate whether a determination in favour of HMRC, as announced today, could imply that there had been a breach of the Scottish FA?s Disciplinary Rules as they applied at the time of the EBT payments.

The clear opinion of Senior Counsel is that there is a very limited chance of the Scottish FA succeeding in relation to any complaint regarding this matter and that, even if successful, any sanctions available to a Judicial Panel would also be limited in their scope.

Accordingly, having had time to consider the opinion from Senior Counsel, and having examined the judgment of the UK Supreme Court, the Board has determined that no further disciplinary action should be taken by the Scottish FA at this time.

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise

alwaysthereinspirit

Although they are correct, it lacks class making a statement like that. Just pandering to their fans baying for blood.

In all honesty I'd be proud as punch if Hearts released a classless statement half as good as that.

jambovambo

Shocker. I don't believe them for a minute.

"Specifically, Senior Counsel was asked to anticipate whether a determination in favour of HMRC, as announced today, could imply that there had been a breach of the Scottish FA?s Disciplinary Rules as they applied at the time of the EBT payments."

Honestly, we need to campaign. 

ToadKiller Dog

The SFA should publish this legal advice .

A not unexpected statement from the SFA they have plenty to hide themselves.

Edited by ToadKiller Dog

• Maple Leaf locked this topic