The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Art Vanderlay

It beggars belief that someone would have the brass neck, on a Hearts board, to accuse people of being 'Celtic minded' because they would like Rangers to be held to account for a decade of breaking the rules to gain sporting advantage over every other club in Scotland.

The idea that all Scottish football divides into two camps, and that if you're against one you must be in the other one, is irritating and disrespectful in the extreme.

The fact that this was also presented with a classic 'whataboutery' argument regarding Celtic's use of a single EBT on which they paid the tax afterwards just makes it all the more depressingly crass.

I don't browse JKB as much as I used to because it is overrun by shan "discourse" these days. But that is some kid of takedown, bro. Chapeau.

Props also due to Justin Z for his demonstration of what a well constructed argument looks and reads like.

I've written a physical letter to Ann Budge. Heading out to the post box now.

Having had a couple of days of reading this and the Supreme Court thread, I'm going to do the same tonight. I've only written to the club once in the past, when I was about 9, but this is something that I feel I have to at least try and challenge as a fan.

Diadora Van Basten
Thanks for the link I have signed it. There are only 2491 signatures at the moment so I will start a new thread to see if that come help bolster the number for kickbackers.

Thanks for the link I have signed it. There are only 2491 signatures at the moment so I will start a new thread to see if that come help bolster the number for kickbackers.

Looks very much like you will be wasting your time on here although I agree with you and have already signed.

chubby1973

There's a whole of rangers fans page shite appeared on my facebook page that friends have liked. One states "we'll boycott those teams who wanted us deid and they'll lose loads of money & go bust".

Em, No we won't: a) we'll sell to our own fans & B) good. We don't want you bigoted cheating ****wits anywhere near our ground anyway!!!!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Armageddon

There's a whole of rangers fans page shite appeared on my facebook page that friends have liked. One states "we'll boycott those teams who wanted us deid and they'll lose loads of money & go bust".

Em, No we won't: a) we'll sell to our own fans & B) good. We don't want you bigoted cheating ****wits anywhere near our ground anyway!!!!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I've had one, not even sure why he was on my Facebook, a ned from my old job "If they come for our titles they'll need to fight the wall of Bears first"

My take on it:  They were able to pay far better players by deliberately avoiding a huge sum of tax which meant their performances were enhanced as a team = Cheats.

If this was the Tour De France = Titles stripped.

Hagar the Horrible

I've had one, not even sure why he was on my Facebook, a ned from my old job "If they come for our titles they'll need to fight the wall of Bears first"

My take on it:  They were able to pay far better players by deliberately avoiding a huge sum of tax which meant their performances were enhanced as a team = Cheats.

If this was the Tour De France = Titles stripped.

It that the same wall of Bears that bottled it from a few Hibs fans in the cup final?

I am willing to bet Celtic will start on their site and their programs that they have in fact won 11 in a row

If I was Dundee, QoS or Falkirk I would be claiming the Cup finals as mine already?  If you can claim  history thats not yours and trophy's from the proceeds of crime, then surely these clubs can claim the cups, and demand their players get the winers medals, just like the Olympics, Or are we worse than Russia for state sponsored doping?????

Jambo-Jimbo

It that the same wall of Bears that bottled it from a few Hibs fans in the cup final?

I am willing to bet Celtic will start on their site and their programs that they have in fact won 11 in a row

If I was Dundee, QoS or Falkirk I would be claiming the Cup finals as mine already?  If you can claim  history thats not yours and trophy's from the proceeds of crime, then surely these clubs can claim the cups, and demand their players get the winers medals, just like the Olympics, Or are we worse than Russia for state sponsored doping?????

Oh when it comes to the SFA/SPFL pandering to their bigoted darlings, Scotland is in a league of their own.

Scotland must have one of the best footballing authorities for ignoring their own rules, inventing new rules when it suits and generally just brushing everything under the carpet which doesn't fit with the agenda. 

alwaysthereinspirit

The knifes out already for wee pedro or the crab eying up a chance ?.

86964890d6206ffca386b8ed17d47898.jpg

Who the actual **** does Ferguson think he is. I would be absolutely seething if an ex Hearts player came out with this about a Hearts manager.

What a t!t he is.

Brave Hearts

The knifes out already for wee pedro or the crab eying up a chance ?.

86964890d6206ffca386b8ed17d47898.jpg

Brainless munchbunch doesn't realise that with the Huns now out of Europe they have no games arranged until the season starts !!

Munchbunch got rid of Le Guen because he took his captaincy from him.

Now looks to get rid of Pedro because he never made him his number 2 or let him join his coaching staff.

Munchbunch thinks he is the heir-apparent to be the Huns coach in a dream team with McLeish

alwaysthereinspirit

Dave King statement (even he says "for the avoidance of doubt" now):

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/dave-king-message

Loving it. This will hopefully rile Celtic up even more. Pretty much daring the top brass running (ruining) our game to put up or shut up.

Calling Celtic out as being $#!te was a nice touch too. The man is an idiot.

Glamorgan Jambo

Dave King statement (even he says "for the avoidance of doubt" now):

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/dave-king-message

shame he missed the chance to update us all on his upcoming offer to buy the shares outside his concert party. Classic deflection, look at this shiny bunch of keys in one hand while picking pockets with the other

PS the 'avoidance of doubt' is used in most Traynor crafted press releases.

jambovambo

What extraordinary logic? This was about saving money they otherwise would have spent anyway.

Twitterati saying "why hide the side letters then?" and this directly contradicts what king said in 2012 about it being time for Rangers to apologise.

jambovambo

shame he missed the chance to update us all on his upcoming offer to buy the shares outside his concert party. Classic deflection, look at this shiny bunch of keys in one hand while picking pockets with the other

PS the 'avoidance of doubt' is used in most Traynor crafted press releases.

There's me thinking it was a pop at Phil McOirishName

upgotheheads

Brainless munchbunch doesn't realise that with the Huns now out of Europe they have no games arranged until the season starts !!

Munchbunch got rid of Le Guen because he took his captaincy from him.

Now looks to get rid of Pedro because he never made him his number 2 or let him join his coaching staff.

Munchbunch thinks he is the heir-apparent to be the Huns coach in a dream team with McLeish

If the fallout from the tax fiddles has still to hit then he might be desperate for a job.

There's me thinking it was a pop at Phil McOirishName

That's funny, I always took it to be MacGyverashbalikjfsreogi making fun of the Level 5 writing style.

Reading his stuff, there's plenty of headache-inducing construction as it is!

Strachsuit

"While I am Chairman, Rangers? overspending will always be on a sustainable and robust basis and one that safeguards the future of our Club."

Ah, well that's ok then...

Brave Hearts

"While I am Chairman, Rangers? overspending will always be on a sustainable and robust basis and one that safeguards the future of our Club."

Ah, well that's ok then...

Sounds similar to the boasts that david Murray/Fraser used to issue to the drooling succulent lamb meedja specifically to the like's of Chuck Dung and Gym Trainnomore....... Edited by Brave Hearts

Prince Buaben

The Celtic board issued a statement agitating for a re-opening and reversal of the decisions previously made when, in fact, nothing has changed. It is disappointing that they have attempted to influence the footballing authorities to alter its historic football honours by calling on administrators and lawyers to achieve off the pitch what its teams failed to do on the pitch.

:lol:

The statement basically says its all murrays fault and Celtic are shite... 

So he's saying its all Murrays fault but also claiming that they would have won 9 in a row anyway thanks to Murray

Riccarton3

The hysterical reporting is the media King refers to, is doing rangers bidding. God forbid, we have no headlines and the authorities apply sanctions dispassionately like they ought to, and we all move on. The headlines crank up the pressure for the beaks not to act. He must think we zip up the back.

Shanks said no

I am currently in a very remote Greek island (it took 25 hours to get here) I promised the wife to switch off and relax for once. We spent today on an even more remote island and I got talking to a random foreigner, he was Danish. He asked the standard rantic question and we responded we were from the Capital. He knew about our story and how we saved the club unlike Rangers. He laughed and told me they were out of Europe to 4th place Luxembourg team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Footballfirst

Guess who said this in 2012?

?I follow the logic of the argument that if we lose the tax case then we probably gained some competitive advantage. I believe that we should apologise for that.

?No one on the board, when I was there, would have had any intention of gaining an advantage. But the fact is that I can understand the perception out there now. It is absolutely appropriate for the previous regime to be sorry.?

So, if he is chairman as he states, then surely he can be charged with bringing the game into disrepute by deliberately avoiding the concert party case? in any case he's one huge spunk trumpet!

Jerah Jambo

He's on dangerous ground here, rattling Celtic's cage with that statement. They are the only ones who could have an influence on any of this and up to now they have tried to dampen the expectations of their most "traditional" supporters while taking a more wait and see tact with those who are giving the board a bit of leeway with the issue, got a feeling King has just given these two factions a bit of a cause which they will unite.

Guess who said this in 2012?

?I follow the logic of the argument that if we lose the tax case then we probably gained some competitive advantage. I believe that we should apologise for that.

?No one on the board, when I was there, would have had any intention of gaining an advantage. But the fact is that I can understand the perception out there now. It is absolutely appropriate for the previous regime to be sorry.?

Nothing to see here...

Bazzas right boot

If the titles for the cheating years are not removed I will take no further part in Scottish Football

Tbf, it will end my interest in the national team, I'll stop going to thier games.

It's not at the stop following Hearts stage, but in all honesty if teams can cheat and get away with it, I'll be asking myself what's the point.

...a bit disco

The Celtic Trust added their statement into the mix.

Celtic Trust statement re Supreme Court ruling
Published on Saturday 8th July, 2017 by Celtic Trust

We note the recent decision of the Supreme Court which confirmed the long-held belief that over many years Rangers Football Club operated with an unfair and illegal advantage over other Clubs and in so doing gained many honours.

We consider the statement from the SFA, that it intends to take no action, to be unacceptable and unsustainable. We join with our own club, Celtic, and supporters of other Clubs who have already commented on this, in calling on the Football Authorities in Scotland to convene a full independent and transparent inquiry into this matter and to do so as a matter of urgency.

We at the Celtic Trust would also urge other clubs and their fans, who have not already done so, to indicate their support for a new enquiry in light of the recent court ruling.

http://www.celtictrust.net/index.php?func=d_home_article&id=543

FF - could you decipher all this accounting stuff from sevco that's come out today please?

I'll look out the tweet.

Could be shite, but...

I have just been apprised of an unnamed recipient of an EBT. This is right down Regan's street. Checking sources.

A follow up comment he makes on his latest article suggests the unnamed beneficiary may be a referee...

Deary deary me?.who is the EBT recipient in the black? Watch this space.

Very interesting if that happens to be true.

Edited by RobNox

A follow up comment he makes on his latest article suggests the unnamed beneficiary may be a referee...

:wow:

Unknown user

Meanwhile, at Ibrox

giphy.gif

• Maple Leaf locked this topic