The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Hagar the Horrible

I'm sure I read it somewhere this morning but someone can correct me if wrong. Am I right in thinking that the players involved wanted this result because it means HMRC goes after BDO? And had Rangers won then it would have been the players they'd have gone after?

Could have it wrong way round though.

Thats the BBC's take on this,  but they will go after everybody, and those who also benefitted from it from other companies, including a few very nervous football clubs around the UK

Rudolf's Mate

Thats the BBC's take on this, but they will go after everybody, and those who also benefitted from it from other companies, including a few very nervous football clubs around the UK

Rugby clubs as well by looks of it. Huge implications!

Armageddon

Aye it's all very well talking about titles and trophies, what about all the other clubs they cheated against, costing champions league places, top 6 places, places in finals, attendances dropping because people are turned off by the duopoly.

Scottish Cup - Aberdeen, Dundee, QotS and Falkirk all potential Scottish Cup winners, attendances rise and the club and community benefit from this.

League Cup - St Johnston, Ayr, Motherwell, Dundee Utd and St Mirren all potential League Cup winners.  Same benefits as above.

Potential Champions League qualification for - St Johnston, Hearts, Hibs, Livingston, Aberdeen, Motherwell and Dundee United.

EBT's started from 2008, is it just a coincidence that the Premiership started this same year?

Aye it's all very well talking about titles and trophies, what about all the other clubs they cheated against, costing champions league places, top 6 places, places in finals, attendances dropping because people are turned off by the duopoly.

Scottish Cup - Aberdeen, Dundee, QotS and Falkirk all potential Scottish Cup winners, attendances rise and the club and community benefit from this.

League Cup - St Johnston, Ayr, Motherwell, Dundee Utd and St Mirren all potential League Cup winners.  Same benefits as above.

Potential Champions League qualification for - St Johnston, Hearts, Hibs, Livingston, Aberdeen, Motherwell and Dundee United.

EBT's started from 2008, is it just a coincidence that the Premiership started this same year?

It's not just the teams in the finals , It's the teams they faced in the semi/ quaterfinals etc

:pleasing:

Please let this be the big catalyst we've been needing for major change in Scottish football. 

Armageddon

It's not just the teams in the finals , It's the teams they faced in the semi/ quaterfinals etc

Absolutely, also the Euro final in Manchester, but then that's a corrupt footballing organisation ruling on a corrupt football club.

Why should cup runners up be awarded trophies?

Rangers shouldn't have progressed past the first round, never mind gotten to finals

Just vacate them.

The knuckle draggers will change their tune from 'it wisnae illegal' to 'we wur badly advised how could the SFA let this happen?' etc

Campbell Ogilvie started off the DOS and had an EBT.

Andrew Dickson administered the EBT.

Both have been in the guts of the SFA for years and fine well now what was going on...

It's time for a new SFA which if not completely independent of the clubs (FIFA / UEFA may insist on the clubs being involved) at least is independently audited every year by another bod, by a fine tooth comb.  I'd suggest one of the big 5 FAs either England or Germany plus some other government body.

The SPFL also needs to move into the SFA as the marketing / commercial arm, but tightly governed by a more fir for purpose SFA.

Rangers shouldn't have progressed past the first round, never mind gotten to finals

Just vacate them.

Asterix them all.

But it's not just the trophies in the history books

It's virtually every board director and key personel not only across RFC plc and elements of MG involved with RFCs finances and player contracts registration, but also within the SFA, SPL and SFL that needs kicked out for ever.  It's probably in the region of 20+ individuals.

Edited by DETTY29

AllyjamboDerbyshire

I think it was 2001 that the EBTs started, preceded by the DOS Scheme, but I do accept that there could have been a link to the change to the SPL (it became the Premiership post 'Armageddon'), as, I think, the top tier rules were changed at that time to incorporate the words that allowed Regan to make the spurious claim that TRFC were the same club. We know that Murray, and other members of the RFC board, were well aware that the club was on a financial downward spiral for a long time before the arrival of Whyte; and, for the first time, it was considered necessary/desirable to incorporate 'liquidation' into the rules of Scottish football, although not into the rules of the SFL, where one might previously have expected there to be more of a likelihood of liquidation taking place!

Diadora Van Basten

The part of this story that has been ignored is the victims I would be all for stripping Rangers and awarding the titles to the team that came second.

AllyjamboDerbyshire

Just vacate them.

I agree, and it's the same with league titles. If the argument for reassigning titles is that RFC should have all their results changed to a 3-0 defeat, then that would mean they (RFC) finished bottom of the league in each season they cheated. How then could it be squared with the club(s) that got relegated on each of those seasons instead of them? Why would a club have any more right to the league title than another club have to the right to continued top tier participation in the place of a club that cheated?

There's another aspect to be considered when discussing the reassignment of titles: there's more chance of the SFA and SPFL 'doing the right thing' if they don't have the fear of the repercussions of another club (Celtic) gaining from their decision! And, just perhaps, even Rangers supporters don't deserve to see the titles going to their greatest, and hated, rivals! 

Armageddon

I wonder how all the league tables would have looked with Rangers deleted and all results awarded as wins to the other club.

luckyBatistuta

The part of this story that has been ignored is the victims I would be all for stripping Rangers and awarding the titles to the team that came second.

Why?

Way, way more to it than that.

...a bit disco

Rangers Tax Case...

DD9rJ0JW0AE7SZr.jpg

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Every club needs to press for the titles to be stripped. Absolutely has to happen.

Brave Hearts

Every club needs to insist that Dungcaster and Regain are forced out of their roles for being complicit and for ignoring that the Huns v1 were cheating by not stating the true position of players contracts.

Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb knew and did nothing. Their roles and positions of administrators of the governance of Scottish football are now untenable and have been for many years.

Edited by Brave Hearts

Just leave the titles and cups blank with an asterisk showing that the were obtained by cheating by Oldco. History should show what cheating scumbags they were.

Hagar the Horrible

Uefa are going to chuck the Zombies out of Europe over this....oh wait

STRIP THE TITLES NOW!

Footballfirst

I have asked FoH previously if they would seek to influence our in-house SPFL board member on issues such as this. They declined to do so.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I have asked FoH previously if they would seek to influence our in-house SPFL board member on issues such as this. They declined to do so.

I think they should revisit that now. There can't be a single Hearts fan who doesn't want Rangers dealt with properly.

N Lincs Jambo

In light of today's verdict possibly time to ask again??

Time for that question to be asked again.

Hagar the Horrible

If Scottish football does nothing now, and the Fans allow their sycophatic clubs to do nothing we get the game we deserve.....ITS Corrupt  end the corruption

STRIP THEIR TITLES NOW!

FF,

Do you still have the email? Would be beneficial to paste it here and we could all email FoH & club?

Just a thought :2thumbsup:

jambovambo

FF,

Do you still have the email? Would be beneficial to paste it here and we could all email FoH & club?

Just a thought :2thumbsup:

Frankly, I always think a physical letter is better in this situation ...

Massive mailbag.

Seymour M Hersh

Looking forward to Brownbear's take on this news

:alex:

Kafflik conspiracy would be my best guess.

Bazzas right boot

I wonder how all the league tables would have looked with Rangers deleted and all results awarded as wins to the other club.

Lol, the same

Bazzas right boot

Lol, the same

I wonder what it would be like if we have ever other club 1000 points extra....

Edited by Rudi'sleftfoot

AllyjamboDerbyshire

Ah, so that's what they mean by 'fan ownership'!

AllyjamboDerbyshire

Ah, so that's what they mean by 'fan ownership'!

the jambo poet

this made me feel sick....

?It should be emphasised that there have been no allegations made by HMRC or any of the courts that the club was involved in tax evasion, which is a criminal offence.

?The decision will be greeted with dismay by the ordinary creditors of the club, many of which are small businesses, who will now receive a much lower distribution in the liquidation of the club, which occurred during the ownership of Craig Whyte, than may otherwise have been the case."

what about not declaring the side contracts to the sfa? wasn't that illegal? What about burning documents? isn't that illegal? in both cases it's certainly evasion.

it wisny me it was the new boy.

He should at least be stripped of his knighthood...he's nothing more than a criminal, and should do time for his dishonesty

Dusk_Till_Dawn

We all knew all along what games Rangers had been playing. They've been clinging to technicalities and interpretations but to the man on the street, they were cheating.

Absolutely delighted that this is blowing up on Dave King's watch. Roaster.

?The decision runs counter to the legal advice which was consistently provided to Rangers Football Club, that on the basis of the law and legal precedent at the time, the contributions made to the trust were not earnings and should not be taxed as such."

The legal was obviously wrong Minty.

?It should be emphasised that there have been no allegations made by HMRC or any of the courts that the club was involved in tax evasion, which is a criminal offence."

You cheated that is why you and your team undertook the deliberate hiding of wages to players and staff. Why else would you do it!!!!!!

Need to ask that question again, I reckon.  Without title stripping, Scottish football might as well just publicly admit it only exists for the pleasure of the Old Firm.

...a bit disco

?It should be emphasised that there have been no allegations made by HMRC or any of the courts that the club was involved in tax evasion, which is a criminal offence.

?The decision will be greeted with dismay by the ordinary creditors of the club, many of which are small businesses, who will now receive a much lower distribution in the liquidation of the club, which occurred during the ownership of Craig Whyte, than may otherwise have been the case."

what about not declaring the side contracts to the sfa? wasn't that illegal? What about burning documents? isn't that illegal? in both cases it's certainly evasion.

He should at least be stripped of his knighthood...he's nothing more than a criminal, and should do time for his dishonesty

Whoops!

...a bit disco

I detect no appetite from those running Scottish football for another Lord Nimmo Smith style investigation following today's HMRC verdict

The stance from Hampden is very much that LNS ruled on concealment of side letters, not legality of scheme. Reopening case not on the table.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

"We are currently trying to find a giant brush and will get back to you"

Next up will be the SFA. "Avert your eyes from the carpet please."

Jambo-Jimbo

Thought it was the company that died?  And the club survived, at least that's the fairytale that's been spun by the MSM & The Rangers since 2012, of course we've all known it for the lie it was, but has minty just confirmed that the club died along with the company?

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I detect no appetite from those running Scottish football for another Lord Nimmo Smith style investigation following today's HMRC verdict

The stance from Hampden is very much that LNS ruled on concealment of side letters, not legality of scheme. Reopening case not on the table.

Here we go.

"Nothing to see here."

As a club, we need to get involved in this. **** the SFA and the Huns.

LNS was not aware and couldn't be that this scheme was and is now regarded as "wages" which undoubtedly gave advantage therefore imo it should be revisited and the original LNS decision declared null and void.

The Comedian

Would I be right in saying that the LNS verdict carries all the legal weight of someone slavering in the pub?

• Maple Leaf locked this topic