The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

It beggars belief that someone would have the brass neck, on a Hearts board, to accuse people of being 'Celtic minded' because they would like Rangers to be held to account for a decade of breaking the rules to gain sporting advantage over every other club in Scotland.

The idea that all Scottish football divides into two camps, and that if you're against one you must be in the other one, is irritating and disrespectful in the extreme.

The fact that this was also presented with a classic 'whataboutery' argument regarding Celtic's use of a single EBT on which they paid the tax afterwards just makes it all the more depressingly crass.

Rick Grimes

So signing a player with use of an EBT and having him perform for the club is not a sporting advantage ?

Then by your own argument Rangers had no sporting advantage so what's the fuss about ?

Common sense will overcome passionate but misguided responses every day

It's sad that you are unable to converse with those who disagree with you but your language and discourse clearly show you may not be able to follow the discussion so we'll let you off this time

I've said it before and will do again too many are simply following their Celtic minded 'friends' without thinking for themselves and you are doing the same making excuses for Celtic when for one season they were equally as guilty.

You've just ignored all the detail in that post then stated the same thing again! Celtic's use of the EBT was not the same and when any suggestion of dubiety was raised they took independent advice and paid the tax. It's apples and oranges.

If it was the same thing and it meant Hibs won the league that season then so be it, they'd have been the most deserving team. I think most would agree with me on that much as they wouldn't like it. I've not seen many calls for redistribution of titles anyway, just that they are stripped and left vacant.

Hackney Hearts

I've not seen many calls for redistribution of titles anyway, just that they are stripped and left vacant.

Exactly. Stripping titles is just that - the title is null and void for that particular year (it doesn't get passed on to the next best team - or the next team not to have cheated).

Riccarton3

It will cause utter outrage and tip some over the edge at the idea, but genuinely, stripping title will have little to no effect. Its future punishment that would be suitable, but then the SFA would find themselves between a rock and hard place on that one, and its pretty obvious why.

the stripping of titles highlights the period of indiscretion, for all to see, for generations. High impact, I'd feel, if it had been my club. No?

Edited by Riccarton3

...a bit disco

What?s certain is SPFL won?t be allowed to keep quiet on today. They simply must, at least, clear up whether the verdict impacts on LNS.

The SPFL simply must make it abundantly clear what LNS set out to do, and whether it is case closed or not. They cannot hide away.

It will be interesting now to see if fan power will compel clubs to get clarity from within the Hampden boardroom. Silence will not do.

Compare and contrast statement from Scottish FA. You might not like it, but it?s a clear rationale for their actions. SPFL must do the same.

What?s certain is SPFL won?t be allowed to keep quiet on today. They simply must, at least, clear up whether the verdict impacts on LNS.

The SPFL simply must make it abundantly clear what LNS set out to do, and whether it is case closed or not. They cannot hide away.

It will be interesting now to see if fan power will compel clubs to get clarity from within the Hampden boardroom. Silence will not do.

Compare and contrast statement from Scottish FA. You might not like it, but it?s a clear rationale for their actions. SPFL must do the same.

Interesting comments.  Of course LNS was set up by SPFL, not the SFA, so it would fall on SPFL to revisit the enquiry, hence SFA announcement today washing their hands of any further action on their part.

Sounds like SFA has handed Doncaster a hospital pass.  I wonder what opinion SPFL has received from its legal counsel.  I'd assume they will also have been rehearsing for this scenario.

SectionDJambo

There's no chance of them having titles taken away. This whole business, really shows up the scam that has been operating on their behalf, over the last few years, by the football "authorities" and Scottish press.

New Rangers can't be held responsible for anything that was going on before the old club perished. They will, however, be allowed to cling onto the record of the club that went under. They will continue to show the meaningless stars on their shirts, as a reminder that they are the people.

They were unduly punished by the demotion to league 3, although they could have been placed lower than that, as Gretna's reincarnation were. Their rightful place in the top league was stolen from them by bitter people with an agenda, seemingly.

It was all Craig Whyte's fault. The man who had "off the radar wealth" according to that bastion of truth, the Daily Record. Nothing to do with them gambling on extended European involvement, as they did again this time. Minty Murray was, and is still, a stand up guy who was fooled by Whyte, even though a court of law has decided otherwise.

Even now, after their Europa Cup debacle, watch the Scottish media probe the goal scorer who failed the drugs test. Who dug that one up in the first place? An unknown guy from the Luxembourg league, of whom, nothing was said before the end of the 2nd leg.

hughesie27

If Rangers were stripped of their titles because of the EBT issue due to gaining a sporting advantage and given that Celtic in season 2004/5 also used EBT's then they also would not be able to benefit this leaves Hibernian as the league champions for the season given they finished 3rd

Nobody is saying the use of EBTs is illegal. They are not. However tax is due on them which Rangers failed to do. Celtic paid their tax and thus, unlike Rangers, gained no sporting/financial advantage by using them.

BRAVEHEART1874

it has been 5 years now....... after the shambles by the duffers and even bdo but surely the most celtic minded from us have forgotten about this blatant cheating by now and can just  accept the nimmo pash concocted for us?  naw?  were all better together an nat pinochio ;)

Toxteth O'Grady

I don't want titles or cups to be credited to anyone else because it is impossible to know without doubt who they should go to. I do however strongly believe that The titles won while cheating should be removed.

...a bit disco

Haven't done the maths myself, but...

fans of Hibs, Hearts, Dundee Utd, Aberdeen & even Livingston (2002) missed out on Champions League because of rangers cheating. #corruption

Aside from the big tax case developments, their ongoing finances must be royally messed by failure to progress beyond the first Europa League qualifying round.  I don't know what assumptions they will have made in terms of how far they expected to progress, but it certainly would not have been round 1.

They will be desperately trying to fix up a couple of home friendlies before the league campaign kicks off, as otherwise they have no further match day income to look forward to before then.  I would not be surprised if Dorrans fails his medical on some spurious grounds, as they realise they can no longer afford him.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Interesting comments.  Of course LNS was set up by SPFL, not the SFA, so it would fall on SPFL to revisit the enquiry, hence SFA announcement today washing their hands of any further action on their part.

Sounds like SFA has handed Doncaster a hospital pass.  I wonder what opinion SPFL has received from its legal counsel.  I'd assume they will also have been rehearsing for this scenario.

Which is still disgraceful. This is a matter of governance and I'm sorry but the governance buck stops with the SFA.

Strachsuit

I think they should revisit that now. There can't be a single Hearts fan who doesn't want Rangers dealt with properly.

In light of today's verdict possibly time to ask again??

Time for that question to be asked again.

Absolutely. We cannot and must not let this go away. Baw's well and truly burst if we do.

19883672_10155393952653363_157207075_n.j

Yeah, they sure burned the game down hard when their new club started in League Two.  I for one am shitting it.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Yeah, they sure burned the game down hard when their new club started in League Two.  I for one am shitting it.

CHFE-EvWwAA2rpH.jpg

Send word to the Fist of Gorgie. This is why you were formed boys.

Dagger Is Back

Would they just not turn and walk away? Burn the whole game down? What exactly does that mean in any case? Arseholes

Unknown user

Yeah, they sure burned the game down hard when their new club started in League Two. I for one am shitting it.

Aw naw, dinnae burn the game down lads, please!! :laugh:

****ing idiots, have they not ****ed off in the huff yet?

The titles rangers won don't bother me.

What bothers me is every other club trying to keep up with their spending.

Trying to keep up with them nearly cost us our stadium and eventually club.

And they offered these wages whilst using their media bumsooks to tap players so they'd pay less fees.

Toxteth O'Grady

Which is still disgraceful. This is a matter of governance and I'm sorry but the governance buck stops with the SFA.

It is even more proof (as if it was needed) that the SFA is not fit for purpose

Ffs, the collusion and favouritism shown by the authorities is feckin worse than the Jim Farry scandal. At least he resigned.

The titles rangers won don't bother me.

What bothers me is every other club trying to keep up with their spending.

Trying to keep up with them nearly cost us our stadium and eventually club.

And they offered these wages whilst using their media bumsooks to tap players so they'd pay less fees.

And Murray's mate at the Bank. 

Not to mention Murray forcing Airdrie to close. "Just business".

alwaysthereinspirit

Hearts need to lead by example on this. Can we have a poll started for the 8000 direct debit club owners for their take on this. I for one want Newco dragged over the coals. The SFA couldn't have been quicker if they tried when they made up new rules to go after Hearts and Vlad.

If this is swept under the carpet and no Celtic like statement is made by Hearts then my opinion is we're all throwing our money away every month.

Aside from the big tax case developments, their ongoing finances must be royally messed by failure to progress beyond the first Europa League qualifying round.  I don't know what assumptions they will have made in terms of how far they expected to progress, but it certainly would not have been round 1.

They will be desperately trying to fix up a couple of home friendlies before the league campaign kicks off, as otherwise they have no further match day income to look forward to before then.  I would not be surprised if Dorrans fails his medical on some spurious grounds, as they realise they can no longer afford him.

Having near enough full houses at Ibrox for all their league home games..seems not to come close to covering the costs. Stadium maintainance, security, policing, internal administration wages, directors fees, players wages, etc....

This exit from Europe at the first fence was not planned for. Wining one or preferably two cups are now vital to keep the lights on.

This may also effect the paying back of directors loans...

...a bit disco
SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster said: ?The tax default and reporting rules are an integral part of maintaining a fair league competition.? 

22/11/14

What team was he referring to?*

*Clue-It wasn't Rangers.

Hate that rag but funny headline.

Is there a list of former players/management affected, not able to see one..

last page of the " Supreme Court Confirms The Dead Club Cheated " thread

last page of the " Supreme Court Confirms The Dead Club Cheated " thread

Cheers...

Pretty much everyone under the Murray regime. Including Campbell Ogilvie and Murray himself.

Edited by Paolo

Campaigning, pressurising on this is healthy.

Even if its to annoy Rangers and question the competence of the football authorities.

It might lead to other benefits.

Escobar PHM

Thommo calls it right as usual - As he says every club in Scotland should be demanding that the cheats are stripped of the titles.

Hearts should make a statement along the same lines as Celtic's. That two big hitters demanding action. Others would follow I am sure.

Do we have the appetite for it though ?

Edited by Escobar PHM

Thommo calls it right as usual - As he says every club in Scotland should be demanding that the cheats are stripped of the titles.

Absolutely no chance of that happening there are too many Hun sympathisers on the boards of most SPFL clubs.

I would doubt very much if we make any comments although I am sure if the tables were turned they would be quick to have a go at us.

Hearts need to lead by example on this. Can we have a poll started for the 8000 direct debit club owners for their take on this. I for one want Newco dragged over the coals. The SFA couldn't have been quicker if they tried when they made up new rules to go after Hearts and Vlad.

If this is swept under the carpet and no Celtic like statement is made by Hearts then my opinion is we're all throwing our money away every month.

Agree with this.

If we want the game in Scotland to have respect, integrity, fairness and equal for all members then we (fans and Club) have to force the SPFL to take some action.

They did against Livingston for Tax related issues. They did against us for Tax related issues (transfer ban).

They cheated, end of. They knew it, we knew it, the MSM knew it, the GFA knew it, & now the whole world knows it. That would normally be sufficient for me. But because I f#*!g detest those c#*$s i hope they die.

The funny thing was when they won the league in this period it was last game of season or a few points. Celtic won the league by 20 plus points even with Rangers cheating.

The SFA's current 'no further action' legal stance is understandable if, back in 2012, certain football authorities such as the SFA, SPL & SFL sold their souls to Charles Green Esq. by offering him future indemnity against title/trophy stripping in the event of HMRC winning the 'Big Tax Case'. Let's face it, Regan & Co would have had Green name his price if the alternative meant no form of Rangers back then.

The SFA will take no further action and neither will the SPFL, who will tell us in due course that they have no jurisdiction over matters which occured before they, the SPFL, came into being. 

The 'hard man' chat is always funny

We really don't care about Rangers, 54 titles etc.

But we're after you and we're not going to let up

SwindonJambo

Absolutely pig ignorant, arrogant knuckle dragging neanderthals of the worst possible kind. A scarily large percentage of The Rangers are of this mindset. It would be good if their dire finances made them wither on the vine and became mediocre also-rans as they were for many years pre-Souness. That way, their followers would lose interest in them and crowds would take a hit. The ceaseless pressure on them to compete with Celtic will hopefully make them overextend and fall flat on their faces (and faeces), over and over again.

Edited by SwindonJambo

• Maple Leaf locked this topic