The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

jambovambo

David Henderson? @DJSHenderson 2m2 minutes ago

Mike Mcgill there was a vibrant debate and a clear divide at the heart of RFC

"vibrant debate", eh ? Would have loved to have witnessed that ...

James Doleman? @jamesdoleman 5m5 minutes ago

Agreement? says Murray Group retains the right to negotiate with HMRC a "Full and final settlement of the tax case" on behalf of Rangers.

James Doleman? @jamesdoleman 4m4 minutes ago

Replying to @jamesdoleman

Also says Whyte cannot reach his own deal with HMRC over EBT issue without permission from Murray

This is the crown witness, what do you make of this

Did SDM create the appearance that Rangers RIP WOULD reach a settlement of the big tax case ? Is this what is being portrayed in court ? CW bought the club for ?1 WITH the wee tax case liability - but not the big one ? Was he actually set up ? 

...a bit disco

Why was Ann Budge's name dragged into this?

Something about the team finishing 5th and Rangers ineligibility for Europe due to 'financial irregularities'.

Think he mentioned it in a previous blog post?

...a bit disco

Findlay asks if the bank decided to go to Ticketus? McGill says was a board decision You were the finance supremo? That's a flattering term

Findlay "There will be no flattery here"

Donald's on fire today.

Something about the team finishing 5th and Rangers ineligibility for Europe due to 'financial irregularities'.

Think he mentioned it in a previous blog post?

Cheers, thanks for the explanation.

Why was Ann Budge's name dragged into this?

I'm not sure but a good guess would be that the arsehole knows his own club are complicit in all of this shit and he's hoping that someone else will do the dirty work for him.

...a bit disco

Cheers, thanks for the explanation.

:thumbsup:

Hagar the Horrible

Kings origional take over was halted as his assets in the UK were frozen and also did not involve paying back the bank.

Board tried to do deal with big tax case, but naw says Hector

Hagar the Horrible

Now asking about due diligence on CW, said it was limited, and they did not employ somebody to do this

...a bit disco

McGill agrees only "very limited due diligence on Mr Whyte" Findlay "who did you hire to do it" McGill "We didn't"

McGill says Whyte's name was in the public domain and "the press" would be investigating him.

:biggrin:

Off the radar...

Hagar the Horrible

They found nothing, after the "off the radar wealth" I fould out enough doing my own research to warrant alarm bells ringing, it was clear that his cyber footprint had been cleansed, which meant he had something to hide, that took 1.5 hours.  he was banned as a director,  looks like they did less than the SFA's FPP test???  my god nobody who makes money can hide in plain sight, you have to ask why.  Finding nothing in the case is finding something and that is big and never good

James Doleman? @jamesdoleman  1m1 minute ago

More

McGill agrees only "very limited due diligence on Mr Whyte" Findlay "who did you hire to do it" McGill "We didn't"

James Doleman? @jamesdoleman  1m1 minute ago

More

McGill says Whyte's name was in the public domain and "the press" would be investigating him.

:biggrin:

Off the radar...

Tell me he's joking when he said the press would be "investigating" him!!

Hagar the Horrible

Am I reading this right  the where it all went wrong meeting at the dorchester they wanted to knock down Ibrox to build flats, but as it was listed they could not?

AS for the we will leave it to the press to do Due Dilligence....I nearly spat out my tea

Hagar the Horrible

Am I reading this right  the where it all went wrong meeting at the dorchester they wanted to knock down Ibrox to build flats, but as it was listed they could not?

AS for the we will leave it to the press to do Due Dilligence....I nearly spat out my tea

Ahhh  Looks like he was asking if they were not concerned that property dealer would not just build flats and you should do more due diligence....we had no reason to?   WTF

Not even his financial record and ban from being a director would cause you doubt his words!!!

James Doleman @jamesdoleman

McGill "We had no reason to doubt what he (Whyte) was telling us

3:20 pm ? 5 May 2017

buzzbomb1958

Biggest club in the world and they don't hire someone to check craigy boy out but let the papers do it jeezo how do these guys become directors ,free craigy ,it should be who was supposedly running that club in the dock

Unknown user

They found nothing, after the "off the radar wealth" I fould out enough doing my own research to warrant alarm bells ringing, it was clear that his cyber footprint had been cleansed, which meant he had something to hide, that took 1.5 hours. he was banned as a director, looks like they did less than the SFA's FPP test??? my god nobody who makes money can hide in plain sight, you have to ask why. Finding nothing in the case is finding something and that is big and never good

You've said this before, about his dad IIRC, what exactly makes you think that?

You've said this before, about his dad IIRC, what exactly makes you think that?

If you search on Craig or Thomas Whyte in Google you can see the message that tells you stuff has been removed - 

Some results may have been removed under data protection law in Europe

Edited by 269miles

Surely they would have known that already after the stooshie about building  the new top deck on the old stand. 

Unknown user

If you search on Craig or Thomas Whyte in Google you can see the message that tells you stuff has been removed -

If you search for my old mum it says that at the bottom too.

Weird. Just checked under various family names and got the same thing. Is this a standard message now on Google search pages ? I thought it was something did under "right to be forgotten" legislation . At least that's what I was told . 

It looks like a standard message that appears on any search with a proper name. 

Unknown user

I've tried a few, it looks like any human being will bring up that result - unless we think Mrs B is hiding something too!

1YtTvZf.jpg

skinnybob72

Maybe she was tabling a bid for Rangers as well?

Tommy Brown

Maybe she was tabling a bid for Rangers as well?

She probably has more money than Whyte.

Unknown user

She probably has more money than Whyte.

She would only go as high as 85p, Whyte outbid her. Smart lady, she knew not to waste the other 15p

By the way, can we just take a moment to re-rejoice in the fact that rangers were screwed by Green and Whyte? :laugh:

She would only go as high as 85p, Whyte outbid her. Smart lady, she knew not to waste the other 15p

By the way, can we just take a moment to re-rejoice in the fact that rangers were screwed by Green and Whyte? :laugh:

With Minty starting the whole process....

Spellczech

It's like I said before, if Murray was only expecting ?1 for Rangers then there was no need to check Whyte had the funds. Bank had security over Ibrox and Murray Park anyway so it didn't matter to them whether Whyte had the readies or not to repay the overdraft. 

The crime that has been committed is as per the indictment, s678 (3) that you cannot take over a PLC with money that is being raised from the company in a side deal. Whyte will get up to 2years and/or a fine as per s680 of Companies Act as he clearly did break the law. 

All this court case is doing washing some other people's dirty laundry in public too. ie Findlay and Whyte are taking the opportunity to make HBOS look bad and either make SDM and King look bad or perhaps set them up for criminal charges to be brought too...

Having said this it is a jury trial, and if Whyte is to have any chance of getting off it will be in a jury trial...

Whits all this shit about a Lithuanian bank with links to organised crime in an attempted takeover bid.In the Daily Rubbish. Do I detect a massive wiff of anti Hearts agenda here.

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

Geoff Kilpatrick

Whits all this shit about a Lithuanian bank with links to organised crime in an attempted takeover bid.In the Daily Rubbish. Do I detect a massive wiff of anti Hearts agenda here.

No, you detect other Lithuanian banks who collapsed.

No, you detect other Lithuanian banks who collapsed.

OK thanks for that.What would have happened if the unnamed Lithuanian bank did take over them. Would have been very interesting Geoff.

Big Slim Stylee

Nothing to do with us.  It's about a failed takeover bid by Andrew Ellis and another rich Vlad - in this case Antonov - who owned a Lithuanian bank but was engulfed with rumours of links to organized crime.  Murray knocked back two bids from Ellis.

Geoff Kilpatrick

OK thanks for that.What would have happened if the unnamed Lithuanian bank did take over them. Would have been very interesting Geoff.

Probably. What ifs are the delightful part of this whole fable though.

Footballfirst

The bank was Bankas Snoras, with Vladimir Antonov as a major shareholder.  The bank was nationalised by the Lithuanian authorities because of a number of irregularities not long before Ukio Bankas collapsed.

Antonov also got involved with Portsmouth before it went into administration.

Geoff Kilpatrick

He doesn't.

A bit hypocritical though, going on about referees cheating in their favour.

Hypocritical is to be expected, given that this arsehole pretended to be a Rangers fan when he launched his blog.

Spellczech

Hypocritical is to be expected, given that this arsehole pretended to be a Rangers fan when he launched his blog.

He has a point about McMurdo - His evidence would be mega-popcorn 

The bank was Bankas Snoras, with Vladimir Antonov as a major shareholder.  The bank was nationalised by the Lithuanian authorities because of a number of irregularities not long before Ukio Bankas collapsed.

Antonov also got involved with Portsmouth before it went into administration.

My earlier post. Bank of England warned the FA .  He never got near it IIRC. 

Footballfirst

My earlier post. Bank of England warned the FA .  He never got near it IIRC. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portsmouth_F.C.

I know it's Wiki,  but Antonov's company CSI took ownership of the club on 1 June 2011.  He resigned as chairman of the club on 29 November 2011 after Bankas Snoras and then CSI went into administration.  Portsmouth followed suit on 17 February 2012.

A BBC article from the day of the takeover states that he had passed the FA's FPP test

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/13614706

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portsmouth_F.C.

I know it's Wiki,  but Antonov's company CSI took ownership of the club on 1 June 2011.  He resigned as chairman of the club on 29 November 2011 after Bankas Snoras and then CSI went into administration.  Portsmouth followed suit on 17 February 2012.

A BBC article from the day of the takeover states that he had passed the FA's FPP test

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/13614706

Fair do's. I distinctly recall reading (probably Guardian) that everyone was warned this guy was using the Lith bank as his own "piggy bank".  Maybe the FA ignored the warnings in the end.  Happy to be corrected.

Footballfirst

Fair do's. I distinctly recall reading (probably Guardian) that everyone was warned this guy was using the Lith bank as his own "piggy bank".  Maybe the FA ignored the warnings in the end.  Happy to be corrected.

It may well be that the BoE warned the FA once he was in situ, and certainly should have done once the Lithuanian banking authorities started taking action.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic