The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

kingdannyb

Withey confirms that, at this point, the estimated cost of the takeover would be ?33m

"That was what would be available"

Withey says he did believe Whyte had the funds or he wouldn't have said so in the letter

adds: "I don't lie"

Letter "This cash is immediately available..nothing to prevent release of funds.."

"none of the finance provided will be secured against the assets of target" (Rangers)

Jambo-Jimbo

"their great rivals"

:cornette:

Made me chuckle too. His mask has well & truly slipped now. [emoji1]

Either a troll or an undercover sevco fan, certainly never in a million years a Hearts fan.

There are a couple of deeply embedded ones who claim to have been on here for many years apparently.

kingdannyb

AD shows clause in Share Purchase Agreement which states funds "immediately available"

Withey says Colloyer Bristow held the funds

AD "Were the immediately available to settle on the Friday?"

Withey "Subject to completion" came from "Ticketus, Merchant and some pension"

AD "Was money in a client account or a deposit account?"

Withey: "At the time I thought they were the same"

AD "You were a partner"

AD "This was not money you could use on the 6th May"

Withey "I believed I could"

kingdannyb

AD "who could draw on the money prior to 6 May?"

Withey, "No-one"

AD "Surely Ticketus could?"

Withey: "Possibly. The Ticketus contracts were mostly dealt with by my assistant"

AD "The SPA says funds have to be immediately available'

Withey "no it's not, if you read it again says subject to completion"

Adds "All there would to be would be a quick board meeting would take a scintilla of time"

Clueless!!!

James Doleman @jamesdoleman

AD "who could draw on the money prior to 6 May?"

Withey, "No-one"

AD "Surely Ticketus could?"

Withey: "Possibly"

I P Knightley

Either a troll or an undercover sevco fan, certainly never in a million years a Hearts fan.

There are a couple of deeply embedded ones who claim to have been on here for many years apparently.

I suspect he gets to Hearts games when other commitments allow but may be viewed by others as a more "traditional" Hearts fan - not in a good way, like your Grampa would have been.

Hagar the Horrible

This Withey guy is as slippery as a slippery thing,  cant wait till DF gets to x-examine him, he might also get thrown under the bus

Jambo-Jimbo

I suspect he gets to Hearts games when other commitments allow but may be viewed by others as a more "traditional" Hearts fan - not in a good way, like your Grampa would have been.

I think my Grandfather hated that vile bigoted club more than I do, but I get what you mean.

Footballfirst

You have to remember that Withey was one of the seven originally charged with the fraud/conspiracy charges.  The Crown obviously thought they had enough evidence against him to secure a conviction.

The charges against him were subsequently dropped for legal reasons (which is as much as can be said until the case concludes).

What a seemingly silly group you and your sidekicks are..can you not follow the written word or does it need to be spelt out to you ?

Farin I understand for he has had great difficulty in following a discussion in the past but you seem seem to be following in his footsteps

'Perhaps their great rivals being involved in such a scandal is reason enough.'...note not 'my' but their and given we are talking about people like Farin, FF etc the implication is clear as to where their allegiances may lie.

Hope this helps

James Doleman? @jamesdoleman  4m

More

Advocate Depute notes Whyte had no authority over the season ticket money until takeover complete. Lady Stacey "Season tickets"

0 replies .3 retweets2 likes

Retweet

Li

Jambo-Jimbo

What a seemingly silly group you and your sidekicks are..can you not follow the written word or does it need to be spelt out to you ?

Farin I understand for he has had great difficulty in following a discussion in the past but you seem seem to be following in his footsteps

'Perhaps their great rivals being involved in such a scandal is reason enough.'...note not 'my' but their and given we are talking about people like Farin, FF etc the implication is clear as to where their allegiances may lie.

Hope this helps

Considering that you have previously and on several occasions labeled Hearts fans as being 'Celtic minded', this therefore would mean that Rangers would indeed be 'their great rivals', using your own analogy of course.

Dallas Green

If you hate Rangers does that make you a Celtic fan?

I'm terribly confused now...

If you hate Rangers does that make you a Celtic fan?

I'm terribly confused now...

I hate feeling when you're in the middle of Rangers bashing and someone asks 'So does that mean you prefer Celtic?'  :boak:

Some of the stuff Withey is coming out with.

Or Craigy really is a Walter Mitty character telling people who he is

'Thought he was from Whyte and Mackay'

'Thought Merchant Turnaround was part of the Merchant Group'

(Although I'm sure someone else mentioned the Swiss Merchant Group earlier in the case)

Edited by DETTY29

Hagar the Horrible

Just to confirm Gary Withey did confirm his name was Gary Withey?  because he has been either so evasive or can't remember almost anything which is not entirely a confidence booster if he is holding money for somebody ?millions during a takeover process?  I dont think I would send him to the shop for 20 regal king size

Strachsuit

Parties called into court again. 

EDIT: No live tweeting allowed today. 

Edited by Strachsuit

Hagar the Horrible

Ballards, i will need to do some work instead then

jamboy1982

Why no live tweeting today but it is allowed on other days?

Cos today is the day they admit it was all a sham, that the original rangers are dead and that they do do walking away

It can be reported on at the end of the day though?

Drumelzier

It can be reported on at the end of the day though?

yes and during breaks today according to JD.

Hagar the Horrible

Why no live tweeting today but it is allowed on other days?

legal reasons apparently...one reason maybe that it involves eveidence that may incriminate others.  among other reasons dispute of legalities

Yesterday ended on an objection by Findlay and the Judge said this will take more than 5 mins and sent the Jury home. Nap it's something to do with that.

Footballfirst

Seems Mr Withey is playing the "Daft Laddie" going by some tweets by JD during the break.

---------------------------

Withey asked about engaging with Scottish law, replies "It's like another language"

Withey on Murray "They never asked who was financing the deal, they didn't seem to care.

Continues: "Only deal I've ever worked on where the vendor was pushing so hard, they were desperate to get the deal over the line"

AD asks if any mention of Ticketus Withey "The answer is no but there is a bigger story behind it, but you ask the questions"

Hagar the Horrible

James Doleman? @jamesdoleman 41m41 minutes ago

Withey: "I thought of something odd last night can I explain

AD: let's stick to the traditional structure, I ask the questions and you answer"

AD asks if any mention of Ticketus Withey "The answer is no but there is a bigger story behind it, but you ask the questions"

no such a daft laddie after all???

Angry Haggis

Seems Mr Withey is playing the "Daft Laddie" going by some tweets by JD during the break.

---------------------------

Withey asked about engaging with Scottish law, replies "It's like another language"

Withey on Murray "They never asked who was financing the deal, they didn't seem to care.

Continues: "Only deal I've ever worked on where the vendor was pushing so hard, they were desperate to get the deal over the line"

Basically based on his evidence so far he would be better saying from the outset:

"Don't ask me I just work here..."

Or

"You're the boss, Boss..."

The Gasman

James Doleman? @jamesdoleman 41m41 minutes ago

AD: let's stick to the traditional structure, I ask the questions and you answer"

I wonder if either side will be brave enough to ask him to spill the beans under oath in an open court room....

....or if both sides may be too nervous that his "odd thought" might cause damage their respective cases..?

[emoji848]

jambovambo

Cheeky sod.

CollyWolly

I wonder if either side will be brave enough to ask him to spill the beans under oath in an open court room....

....or if both sides may be too nervous that his "odd thought" might cause damage their respective cases..?

[emoji848]

I dont think either the AD or DF would ask a question to which they don't know the answer already.

Jamboelite

Surely the question someone has to ask is whats the bigger story?

Hagar the Horrible

James Doleman? @jamesdoleman 40m40 minutes ago

Replying to @jamesdoleman

Withey "Ticketus were aware their money was to be used to pay off the bank debt."

Which beggers the question? What did Ticketus think about the loan being repaid back then they were taking the only source of working capital? did they even get a penny back?  was the security just the season tickets?  not much use if there is no club left?

Strachsuit

Withey "Ticketus were aware their money was to be used to pay off the bank debt."

Which beggers the question? What did Ticketus think about the loan being repaid back then they were taking the only source of working capital? did they even get a penny back?  was the security just the season tickets?  not much use if there is no club left?

Bonkers. Possibly weren't aware of tax cases (big and small) and thought they would be secured creditors? Other than that, it's probably up there with the worst business deals there's ever been. 

Unknown user

James Doleman? @jamesdoleman 40m40 minutes ago

Which beggers the question? What did Ticketus think about the loan being repaid back then they were taking the only source of working capital? did they even get a penny back? was the security just the season tickets? not much use if there is no club left?

It wasn't the only source of working capital.

Don't forget, there WAS a plan in place, but it needed millions of pounds of Champions League money to work.

As we now know, defeat to Malmo in the CL qualifying third round caused the whole house of cards to start crumbling. Followed of course by hilarious defeat to Maribor in the Europa qualifier.

Footballfirst

From tweets and comments elsewhere, most people, including myself, were unaware that RFC had apparently borrowed ?8M from Ticketus before the takeover.  That debt was effectively passed onto Whyte who was expected to pay it from ST sales by the end of June 2011.

D&P stated in one of their early creditors reports on 5th April 2012 that ?3M was paid back in June 2011, and a further ?5m in September 2011. However a further ?5m was also borrowed from Ticketus in September 2011 (probably to meet the repayment), by mortgaging a fourth season's STs. 

I'd expect that both the Advocate Depute and DF will explore that when Ticketus take the stand. 

Edit: I'm not convinced that the above is the correct interpretation of the tweets that came out yesterday with Withey and previously with McGill.

I would have thought that Whyte's 1st season's repayment for 2011/12 STs would have been due within that timescale.

Edited by Footballfirst

Has anyone got a clue what this is about

alex thomson?Verified account @alextomo 22m22 minutes ago

More

It seems the Scottish FA say Rangers will not be stripped of titles whatever Supreme Court's Big Tax Case verdict might be.

I'm assuming SPL decided not to appeal the initial LNS decision, even how flawed / 'fixed' decision, so little recourse.

If anything the clubs could kick up a stink to review whether or not certain individuals across the SPL/SFA deliberately put together a flawed case to get the decision they wanted.

Hagar the Horrible

Has anyone got a clue what this is about

It seems the Scottish FA say Rangers will not be stripped of titles whatever Supreme Court's Big Tax Case verdict might be.

Realy because if all fans apply the same pressure to their clubs as we did with stopping them gaining re-entry to the top-flight, then the SFA will buckle or they wont be there, besides there is more to come out of this and V.2.0 is on a shoogly peg

Unknown user

Realy because if all fans apply the same pressure to their clubs as we did with stopping them gaining re-entry to the top-flight, then the SFA will buckle or they wont be there, besides there is more to come out of this and V.2.0 is on a shoogly peg

Good shout, sometimes the authorities need reminded who really hold the power in Scottish football. Pander to us, not to one club.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic