The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Spellczech

"Get away with"

I think I see your point in terms of the wider judgement on Rangers and Murray but only Craig Whyte is on trial here

Yeah I guess I didn't phrase it very well. I guess what I am trying to say is that it appears to come down to: Did Whyte have the money to buy Rangers or not? If the deal was for ?4m or ?27m then no, but if the deal was for ?1 then yes. It appears that whilst maintaining that deal was for ?4m(Murray) or ?27m(HBOS) the simple truth is that neither cared where the money came from only that HBOS managed to get its ?18m OD repaid and that MIH got to write-off its Interco Loans to Rangers. 

Mikey1874

Yeah I guess I didn't phrase it very well. I guess what I am trying to say is that it appears to come down to: Did Whyte have the money to buy Rangers or not? If the deal was for ?4m or ?27m then no, but if the deal was for ?1 then yes. It appears that whilst maintaining that deal was for ?4m(Murray) or ?27m(HBOS) the simple truth is that neither cared where the money came from only that HBOS managed to get its ?18m OD repaid and that MIH got to write-off its Interco Loans to Rangers.

Yeah

Case seems to starting to get a this but whether it does give a full picture remains to be seen.

Footballfirst

it's a bit ridiculous that Mike McGill has been asked to read out the 27 page Share Purchase Agreement to the court, in it's entirety.

Strachsuit

The Ellis bid was backed by sources in Qatar and Dubai according to MSM sources at the time. The guy wo owned Leeds Utd was also involved as a backer. I think they upset Walter Smith and Johnson somewhere along the line close to the conclusion point and the deal fell apart.

Nope, afraid not. Unless Mike McGill is lying under oath:

David Henderson? 

@DJSHenderson
 Follow 
More

Ellis bid had funds from Lithuanian bank. They had the wherewithall. Murray group very uncomfortable dealing with the Lithuanian bank

David Henderson? @DJSHenderson  4h

The bank had reputation for involvement in money laundering.

Edited by Strachsuit

Mikey1874

it's a bit ridiculous that Mike McGill has been asked to read out the 27 page Share Purchase Agreement to the court, in it's entirety.

Jury trials can be really slow

Advocate wants jury to hear and note the importance of the Share Purchase Agreement is my guess

Edited by Mikey1874

Footballfirst

Jury trials can be really slow

Advocate wants jury to hear and note the importance of the Share Purchase Agreement is my guess

As I understand it, any document, or part of a document, that either party wishes to be used as evidence,has to be read to the court.  Thus far there have bee a mix of documents (e.g emails) read out in full, and only extracts of others (e.g. letters) read out in full.  Where only an extract is read out, then only that extract can be used in evidence, leaving the jury unaware of the contents of the rest of the document.

As much of the SPA is actually legal jargon, I would expect that interpretation of it would be beyond the ken of several members of the jury.  I'm just surprised that the crown feels the need to have the whole agreement submitted as one.

That said, I think that today's evidence at least shows that the prosecution is now starting to build the case for a fraud having occurred.

Edited by Footballfirst

Strachsuit

David Henderson? @DJSHenderson  3m

The court hears that the contract refers to having funds immediately available -- "here and now" says Mike Mcgill- which he says is crucial

It's now clear (if it ever wasn't), CW didn't have the funds available - he didn't have access to the funds to pay LBG until he had sold off the future STs through Ticketus - surely that process took a fairly long time? If it did, was there a "cooling off" opportunity for SDM to pull out of the deal if the bank debt hadn't been paid within X days? Or did he simply not care as the toxic club had been disposed of?

jambovambo

Doleman :

In agreement purchaser undertakes not to do anything that would breach rules of SPL, SFA and UEFA and not to appoint any disqualified person

Did Whyte make anything out of this deal (apart from this court action!)?

Seymour M Hersh

FF, you are "shameless" making such a guess.

But not a liar unlike someone being referred to.

The whole saga stinks to high heaven. One group of dodgy shisters (Murray and Rangers) conning another group (Whyte and Co) of shisters who were trying a reverse con. Buying a dodgy company with dodgy funds or none at all.

Hope that made sense :lol:

Edited by Dannie Boy

buzzbomb1958

Old Rangers were run by shysters ,history repeating itself with sevco no fekin sympathy from me in fact give them more pain and embarrassment

The Gasman

Doleman :

In agreement purchaser undertakes not to do anything that would breach rules of SPL, SFA and UEFA and not to appoint any disqualified person

But the purchaser was a disqualified person....[emoji848]

Footballfirst

But the purchaser was a disqualified person....[emoji848]

He wasn't disqualified from being a director at the time of the purchase. His seven year disqualification ended in 2007.

The relevance of the disqualification issue will be the ?Warranties and Undertakings? specified in the SPA relating to the football authorities.

6 .1.4         the acquisition of the Shares by the Purchaser will not lead to a breach of the rules of:

(a.)        the Scottish Football Association (including but not limited to the dual interest rules contained therein);

(b.)         the Scottish Premier League (including but not limited to the dual interest rules contained therein);

(c.)        any rules promulgated or regulated by UEFA including but not limited to those relating to UEFA Champions League and Europa League participation; and

6.1.5  it will not appoint to the board of directors of the Company any person  who is  not permitted to act as a director of the Company as a matter of law or by reference to the rules of any footballing or other sporting organisation or body to which the Company is subject.

Edited by Footballfirst

A very good piece by JJ on Sdm.

3fc6a6dfa84b0c66a51b2d76448d601a.png

f6b57c56635fd20cd3a3e0e610999785.png

fa38ee3dff3163af0f87d80a099f7170.png

4ed66f75b1e893faf788fceab6b324fc.png

bcf8b4e51afbf619b0c67b5155f89db7.png734eda1f58879fb2dc712a1c232b49ae.png

Is it a good piece because it fits your interpretation of events or because it's been written by one of your Celtic minded friends ?

So far we have learnt little that was not already known from previous stories..... and the story above is just another puff piece hundreds could have written and have over the last few years.

This faith you have in those bloggers is amazing even when they have been 'outed' or 'tainted' which you choose to ignore.

Is it a good piece because it fits your interpretation of events or because it's been written by one of your Celtic minded friends ?

So far we have learnt little that was not already known from previous stories..... and the story above is just another puff piece hundreds could have written and have over the last few years.

This faith you have in those bloggers is amazing even when they have been 'outed' or 'tainted' which you choose to ignore.

Our bigot bear is back, see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil, showing his true colours....again.

buzzbomb1958

This faith you have in those bloggers is amazing even when they have been 'outed' or 'tainted' which you choose to ignore.

Don't you want to know who put your old club on a downward spiral before you let your old club die ,burying your head in the sand again your new club will go the same way ,WATP absolutely comical

Mikey1874

Yeah

Think case will be thrown out

Hopefully not before more evidence to give the full picture

Still anything is possible

Hagar the Horrible

Don't you want to know who put your old club on a downward spiral before you let your old club die ,burying your head in the sand again your new club will go the same way ,WATP absolutely comical

Change WATP for WLOCD

Glamorgan Jambo

Don't wish to comment on what's been presented too much but it strikes me that the correct venue for this case should be the civil courts rather than the publicly funded criminal courts.

Findlay is doing a superb job of painting Ibrox as a hive of duplicity, and dishonesty. Trying to present Whyte as some sort of a victim in all of this. I hope this whole thing keeps going into the defence case and all the dishonesty is laid bare for everyone to see.

Tommy Brown

Help me out here.

If the court finds Whyte guilty, what would the likely outcome be?

If found, not guilty.

Am I correct in saying, Murray will look like a bad guy, but all will just be brushed under the carpet with signs "nothing to see" and "no surrender".

I'm struggling to see, who actually got the police investigation involved in the first place.

Good reading, but would much rather see a court case on the administration purchased, will that ever happen?

www.vanguardbears.co.uk/article.php?i=150&a=do-not-fund-the-scottish-press

the SMSM are out to get them apparently. Discuss.

Edited by Niemi

Jamboelite

This faith you have in those bloggers is amazing even when they have been 'outed' or 'tainted' which you choose to ignore.

Here comes chemical Ali with his nothing to see here speech.

Celtic Minded Check

Bloggers. Check

Just needed to say how all your comments are fact and everyone elses is fantasy and we would have had CJGJ bingo.

Edited by Jamboelite

Jamboelite

By the way it will be very disappointing if this gets thrown out early and we dont hear the full evidence.

Jambo-Jimbo

www.vanguardbears.co.uk/article.php?i=150&a=do-not-fund-the-scottish-press

the SMSM are out to get them apparently. Discuss.

Of course the Scottish Press are out to get them, exactly the same as the SFA are out to get them.

It's all a 'taig conspiracy' don't you know, no doubts aided and abetted by Celtic minded Hearts fans, indeed every man woman and child who is not one of them is against them (Well in their minds anyway).

The best of this for me, is that one of their own, Donald Finlay, is ripping them apart, he knew/knows exactly what goes on in Snake Mountain.

I do wonder if he will be allowed to step in the Orange Order clubs from now on ;-)

The best of this for me, is that one of their own, Donald Finlay, is ripping them apart, he knew/knows exactly what goes on in Snake Mountain.

I do wonder if he will be allowed to step in the Orange Order clubs from now on ;-)

He will if he gets the case thrown out before the prosecution begin and whyte unveils a whole new load of the good stuff. Craig Whyte is an absolute hero.

Of course the Scottish Press are out to get them, exactly the same as the SFA are out to get them.

It's all a 'taig conspiracy' don't you know, no doubts aided and abetted by Celtic minded Hearts fans, indeed every man woman and child who is not one of them is against them (Well in their minds anyway).

While I agree there's paranoia in their ranks, the lack of a full investigation of the horrific goings on at Celtic Boys Club and then what actions the club did or didn't take is curious to say the least. As is the SMSM's lack of coverage of it. I've only seen the BBC trying to get to the truth Edited by Niemi

Tommy Brown

Help me out here.

If the court finds Whyte guilty, what would the likely outcome be?

If found, not guilty.

Am I correct in saying, Murray will look like a bad guy, but all will just be brushed under the carpet with signs "nothing to see" and "no surrender".

I'm struggling to see, who actually got the police investigation involved in the first place.

Good reading, but would much rather see a court case on the administration purchased, will that ever happen?

Can someone remind we what this court case is about?

Can someone please answer

Can someone please answer

If Whyte is found guilty the sale by Murray to Whyte will be declared null and void. Murray will once again own the club. Because it was the actions of Whyte that led to administration and then liquidation being commenced, the liquidation will be halted by the Court and all debts declared null and void. Whyte will need to pay compensation of ?20m which will become the transfer war chest next season.

Or, you could just Google it.

If Whyte is found guilty the sale by Murray to Whyte will be declared null and void. Murray will once again own the club. Because it was the actions of Whyte that led to administration and then liquidation being commenced, the liquidation will be halted by the Court and all debts declared null and void. Whyte will need to pay compensation of ?20m which will become the transfer war chest next season.

Or, you could just Google it.

What if he is found not guilty though?

Will the PF chase SDM?

Hagar the Horrible

So the outcomew of the agreement read out was that Whyte was not allowed to use the clubs assets as security...oops

but the debt at Ibrox was ?18m to Lloyds paid off, but another ?9.5m for playing staff H&S and the wee tax case.

plus he was to pump in ?5m per year for playing budgets.

The Lloyds debt would still exist just moved to Whyte, just that Whyte would have it covered and then at some future time dump it back on Rangers

Hagar the Horrible

James Doleman? @jamesdoleman 5m5 minutes ago

Agreement? says Murray Group retains the right to negotiate with HMRC a "Full and final settlement of the tax case" on behalf of Rangers.

James Doleman? @jamesdoleman 4m4 minutes ago

Replying to @jamesdoleman

Also says Whyte cannot reach his own deal with HMRC over EBT issue without permission from Murray

This is the crown witness, what do you make of this

...a bit disco

McGill says Murray didn't want Whyte to be publicly "critical of his time at the club" agrees is "unusual" clause.

Agreement includes a "statement of non-embarrassment of each other"

buzzbomb1958

:glorious:

Regan looks like a snidey wee creep at the best of times,should be nowhere near Scottish football

Looks like Whyte has signed up to all these clauses placed by MG but if had offered ?18.5m to clear the Lloyds od, with funds from whatever sources as long as they weren't money laundered, and MG knocked back, Lloyds would have told

1) The Rangers board - We take away your overdraft and you trade insolvently and risk being struck off as directors in the UK for 7 - 15 years.

2) Murray doesn't get his metals business back for ?1.

It's a case of who had duped who and whose business ethics are the worst.

Edited by DETTY29

jambovambo

James Doleman? @jamesdoleman 51s52 seconds ago

• Findlay asks about Dave King. McGill says he was still on the board at the time of sale "We'll certainly come back to that one" Findlay says

• Maple Leaf locked this topic