The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

If it is like similar joint signing in Canada, the people are on the signature authority at the bank until the BANK makes the change, it's a feature of the account not of the group that owns the account.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Due to some single signatories on Clubs, Associations and Companies running away with funds most U.K. banks now insist on

a list of at least 3 names and two must sign.

The Gasman

Interesting, so not only could the guy be accused of having a massive conflict of interest being on the Club 1872 board as well as the Rangers board, but he also has sole access to the Club 1872 bank account? I'm sure King is delighted with that setup.

As a minimum of two signatories are usually insisted on by High Street banks for these types of account, it does make me wonder who Club 1872 are actually doing their banking with..? [emoji848]

Riccarton3

Time the orcs and the SMSM realised this as well, perhaps they will do so by the end of this trial.

I'm sure individuals in the latter group have known from day 1

kingdannyb

30 March 2011, email from Gary Withey to McLean, says he is "suffering the vagaries of bank transfers"

31 March 2011, email from Gary Withey to McLean "I am highly confident that in the course of today..the funds to complete will be in place."

5 April 2011 email from McLean to Gary Withey, "Can you please confirm funds have been sent to your client account." Last 4 words underlined

reply "I have explained a number of times I have full visibility on the money...being in my client account does not make it more secure."

Next email to Withey on funds "This is not what was promised..when will the funds be in your account?"

Withey reply "Apologies for the delay, but that's the banking system for you"

Continues "I confirm that I now hold all completion monies"

McLean reply "Can you confirm how much money you hold?"

Court takes a short break

Footballfirst

I think we could see two or three more before the directors window shuts later in the summer. King, Blair and Murray come as a single package and could all go depending on the outcome of the Takeover Panel's action.

What an interesting admission from the Glib one!

"The Chairman, Dave King, stated: ?After regime change, it was necessary to compile a board who recognised the magnitude of the challenge facing the club and who had the passion and commitment to drive the club?s agenda forward against the obstacles that faced us at that time."

Hagar the Horrible

The BBC positive spin on this, if it was any other club, the headline would be "rats deserting sinking ship"

The BBC positive spin on this, if it was any other club, the headline would be "rats deserting sinking ship"

Correct

kingdannyb

The Advocate Depute asks McLean if the ?1m from Merchant Turnaround held by Whyte was immediately available unconditionally?

McLean "no".

AD asks same question about ?3m from Jerome Pension fund,

McLean "Those are not funds available to the purchaser on an unconditional basis

AD asks same question about the ?24m from Ticketus

McLean asks for question to repeated

Witness agrees the ?24m+ from Ticketus was also not available "immediately and unconditionally" as specified in purchase agreement

Findlay says McLean did not mention the phrase "third party" is in quoted clause.

McLean "The key point I'd that the funds are not immediately available"

Findlay "How could I have immediately available other people's money?"

So when Whyte bought the club for ?30m he only actually had the ?1 he gave to Murray.

kingdannyb

Findlay "Where does it say in the contract that obligations are concluded when the money is paid"

McLean looks at the contract, points to clause 4 part 10.

Findlay says that section refers to share purchase "the price of which was a pound"

Findlay Were does it say money should be delivered immediately?

McLean points to clause 3.1

Findlay "That is the pound again

Edited by kingdannyb

Pans Jambo

Findlay "Where does it say in the contract that obligations are concluded when the money is paid"

McLean looks at the contract, points to clause 4 part 10.

Findlay says that section refers to share purchase "the price of which was a pound"

Findlay Were does it say money should be delivered immediately?

McLean points to clause 3.1

Findlay "That is the pound again

He must be squirming :)

kingdannyb

McLean confirms funds in a "client account" are still owned by the client until they agree for them to be transferred.

McLean agrees that a client can withdraw money from a client account at any time before payment made, even if a contract has been signed.

McLean says that when a solicitor makes an undertaking, in effect, the ownership of the money in the client account transfers to seller.

Witness shown undertaking letter from Whyte's lawyer, Gary Withey, 6 May 2011.

McLean says he was on holiday from April until 6 May. Wasn't "very involved"

Findlay "We've heard of minutes of board meetings that never took place and documents signed days before they are dated"

Strolling into court like a boss. [emoji1]

898b2258d1d7b0836a19bbe3edbce0c7.jpg

For someone with "off the radar wealth", he looks a bit Man At C&A...

Hagar the Horrible

For someone with "off the radar wealth", he looks a bit Man At C&A...

To derhun he is defo a C&A, i think he just an A and acted the C

Hagar the Horrible

Still not sure how this trial will turn out, but I am sure there will be a smoking gun for somebody

buzzbomb1958

I still hope the SFA dont come out of this clean either

No chance they are like Scott Brown absolutely untouchable

kingdannyb

McLean says there was an arrangement between Lloyds and Murray that the disposal of Rangers would "allow other things to happen"

Findlay "The Murray metals deal"

McLean Says he doesn't recall "with any specificity"

Email from McGill to witness, April 2011. "disclosure of certain aspects of the restructuring would not be helpful to Murray or Lloyd's.

Continues; "I don't believe Lloyd's will be comfortable sharing details, would be nervous it became public for other entities to use as a stick to beat them.

Findlay "Murray metals conditional sale agreement" depends on sale of.Rangers

McLean "I'm not sure the two are connected"

Lloyds wanted their money back.

Murray wanted MIM back.

Whyte had a quid.

None of them cared about the club or the fans.

Hagar the Horrible

Replying to @jamesdoleman

Document" difficult of raising finance "while playing in the Scottish football league" says Murray group does not have resources to invest

Looks like playing in the Scottish league is a handicap to making money,  pi55aff then to Englandshire...oh wait they dont want/need you, and nothing is changed still a skint giant

Replying to @jamesdoleman

Document" difficult of raising finance "while playing in the Scottish football league" says Murray group does not have resources to invest

Looks like playing in the Scottish league is a handicap to making money, pi55aff then to Englandshire...oh wait they dont want/need you, and nothing is changed still a skint giant

Celtic don't seem to be struggling to raise finance.

No sporting advantage ha ha ha ha so why where the side letters hidden.

SFA and Lord Nimmo exposed in court.

So how long till admin/liquidation 2? Anyone know?

I thought a lot of people on here stated it was happening just before we came up from the championship.

Then it was meant to be October last year, then it was January, then it was March and April.

Dreamers who haven't a clue but like to pretend they know the score.  

I thought a lot of people on here stated it was happening just before we came up from the championship.

Then it was meant to be October last year, then it was January, then it was March and April.

It will happen, that fact you can bury or gloss over. The end is nigh.

Jamboelite

May i be the first to say **** off

And you let your club die.....

It will happen, that fact you can bury or gloss over. The end is nigh.

Cheap words mate. Easy to sit behind a screen and type nonsense to satisfy your wishes.

I certainly won't concern myself with what bitter fans of other clubs wish for. However large their fantasies.

PeterintheRain

We know that you and the rest of your scum support let your club die.

We know that your new club is founded on the same principles of racism, hatred of Scotland and love of the BNP.

We know that the GFA(gtf) has broken the rules to let you and the rest of your scum invade Europe. Presumably to give you a bit more cash and stave off the inevitable.

We know that you will never admit the truth. You're not capable of it.   True WATP FTP Death to Scotland supporter you are.

Dalstonjambo

Like when you claim you stood by your club and have been hard down by?

You let your club die. 

We know that you and the rest of your scum support let your club die.

We know that your new club is founded on the same principles of racism, hatred of Scotland and love of the BNP.

We know that the GFA(gtf) has broken the rules to let you and the rest of your scum invade Europe. Presumably to give you a bit more cash and stave off the inevitable.

We know that you will never admit the truth. You're not capable of it.   True WATP FTP Death to Scotland supporter you are.

Seriously, you need help.

Cheap words mate. Easy to sit behind a screen and type nonsense to satisfy your wishes.

I certainly won't concern myself with what bitter fans of other clubs wish for. However large their fantasies.

So why come on here?

buzzbomb1958

What about all the warchests your beloved leader was going to throw at your new club ,well that's never going to happen is it .You deluded mugs are throwing your crisis loans at him in the hope you will rise to the heights of the old club,well let me tell you stand in line with the rest of us cos you are new club with no money but never mind WATP eh

So why come on here?

Why do thousands of fans go on any other boards? I'd guess there are stacks of Hearts fans look on other sites, if they are truthful. 

And, you do like to talk about Rangers on here, don't you?

alwaysthereinspirit

Other clubs? At least we've all only supported one Scottish club in our lives. You're on your second over the last 5 years. With at least one more in the near future. Enjoy your Summer of madness.

Why do thousands of fans go on any other boards? I'd guess there are stacks of Hearts fans look on other sites, if they are truthful. 

And, you do like to talk about Rangers on here, don't you?

You said you didn't concern yourself with other fans' views. You clearly do.

There is talk of Rangers on here occasionally. Sometimes we even talk about The Rangers as well. Doesn't mean I would ever go onto one of your message boards, because I actually don't care about what your lot think.

You said you didn't concern yourself with other fans' views. You clearly do.

There is talk of Rangers on here occasionally. Sometimes we even talk about The Rangers as well. Doesn't mean I would ever go onto one of your message boards, because I actually don't care about what your lot think.

We have always been known as The Rangers. You could even google Rangers Vs Real Madrid programme, from the fifties or sixties, and it is on there. Clear as day. Well done in getting the name factually correct.

I don't concern myself with the bitterness shown.

Have you looked at the views and post numbers on this thread alone? Bit more than occasionally. Which suits.

Spitonastranger

you let your club die, who do you support now :toff:

We have always been known as The Rangers. You could even google Rangers Vs Real Madrid programme, from the fifties or sixties, and it is on there. Clear as day. Well done in getting the name factually correct.

Have you looked at the views and post numbers on this thread alone? Bit more than occasionally. Which suits.

***Yawn***

AllyjamboDerbyshire

It was meant to be October of 2011, then it was January 2012, then it was...oh, wait, it never got any further, did it? Valentines Day 2012 rings a bell. I seem to remember back then that it was your lot who were the dreamers. How'd that work out?

And if those who 'dream' of your current club's demise are ultimately disappointed, that's as much as they'll suffer, disappointment. But if those 'dreams' come true, you and your fellow bears will suffer a lot more than disappointment. I'd suggest this time round, though, you direct your anger where it belongs, at the men in charge at Ibrox and those who took the Level5 PR shilling and helped to keep you blind to what was happening at your club!

It's true, though, that the current court case involving a club called Rangers has absolutely no affect on the club you currently support, and there's a very good reason for that!

Tasavallan

Single fish.   Historically, your team may have been known as Glasgow Rangers but never 'The' Rangers.   It is a bit like 'The' Hearts as in "Follow the Hearts and you can't go wrong"   

All the programmes I googled just referred to "Rangers" never with the suffix.

Anyway, to reiterate others:  you let your team die.   Just like the Norwegian Blue.

It was meant to be October of 2011, then it was January 2012, then it was...oh, wait, it never got any further, did it? Valentines Day 2012 rings a bell. I seem to remember back then that it was your lot who were the dreamers. How'd that work out?

And if those who 'dream' of your current club's demise are ultimately disappointed, that's as much as they'll suffer, disappointment. But if those 'dreams' come true, you and your fellow bears will suffer a lot more than disappointment. I'd suggest this time round, though, you direct your anger where it belongs, at the men in charge at Ibrox and those who took the Level5 PR shilling and helped to keep you blind to what was happening at your club!

It's true, though, that the current court case involving a club called Rangers has absolutely no affect on the club you currently support, and there's a very good reason for that!

You even remember dates, if correct, better than I from 2011-12. Which is quite scary inn a sense.

You another chap that seems to know all that is going on within Ibrox because we are turning a 'blind eye'. There will be no further admin. Dare I say, most other clubs in Scotland would suffer that fate before we ever do.

As I said, it is wishful thinking. Similar to how it was stated as fact on here we would be lucky to finish top six, we would be fighting relegation, we even had at least one post saying we were going straight back down. Juvenile patter to gain high fives from their co fans.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

You even remember dates, if correct, better than I from 2011-12. Which is quite scary inn a sense.

You another chap that seems to know all that is going on within Ibrox because we are turning a 'blind eye'. There will be no further admin. Dare I say, most other clubs in Scotland would suffer that fate before we ever do.

As I said, it is wishful thinking. Similar to how it was stated as fact on here we would be lucky to finish top six, we would be fighting relegation, we even had at least one post saying we were going straight back down. Juvenile patter to gain high fives from their co fans.

We can speculate on league tables it's a message board.

High 5s or not your club was liquidated so **** off or accept it.

Edited by ISMAparty

Single fish.   Historically, your team may have been known as Glasgow Rangers but never 'The' Rangers.   It is a bit like 'The' Hearts as in "Follow the Hearts and you can't go wrong"   

All the programmes I googled just referred to "Rangers" never with the suffix.

Anyway, to reiterate others:  you let your team die.   Just like the Norwegian Blue.

Rangers Vs Real Madrid 1963. Programme > images

Couldn't transfer the link.

Edited by Brownbear

kingdannyb

Gillespie says he was a director of Merchant Turnaround along with Phill Betts and Tom Miller.

Gillespie says that in May 2011 he examined the accounts of Merchant Turnaround, found there were less funds than expected.

Found ?1m had been sent to Collyer Bristow without their knowledge.

Gillespie says he was "pissed off" when he found out about the ?1m transfer.

Asked Whyte "What was going down?"

Witness says Whyte told him the ?1m was taken to "demonstrate funds" for the Rangers deal.

We can speculate on league tables it's a message board.

High 5s or not your club was liquidated so **** off or accept it.

Is that my only option?

• Maple Leaf locked this topic