The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Another Robbo

Does this mean a verdict is imminent? I forget what the timescale was for the judgement to be issued.

Footballfirst

Does this mean a verdict is imminent? I forget what the timescale was for the judgement to be issued.

SDM seemed to think it would be July, as stated at the Whyte trial.

OK who wis it  :tlj:

Replying to @jamesdoleman

Phone rings in court. Findlay asks whoever has it to turn it off or leave

2 replies .0 retweets2 likes

Retweet

Edited by Dannie Boy

Fixing all of the leaks at Ibrox... that'll be expensive given the lack of maintenance.

Strachsuit

Day 12 of proceedings is underway but still no live tweeting from court.

Footballfirst

We now know why Vlad's share scheme went awry ......

Witness says he acted as an advisor to Heart of Midlothian at flotation, also Crystal Palace

Edited by Footballfirst

Footballfirst

Why aren't they allowed to live tweet anymore?

I'm not sure if it's only related to this witness' evidence, or that there has been some evidence of a contempt of court and there will be a general ban for the remainder of the case.

jambovambo

Withey says David Grier knew about the Ticketus deal, Findlay "are you saying he lied to a judge?"

Doleman

Dallas Green

I'm not sure if it's only related to this witness' evidence, or that there has been some evidence of a contempt of court and there will be a general ban for the remainder of the case.

I hope it is just due to the witness.

I fair enjoy the information coming out throughout the day with this trial.

jambovambo

Withey: "I told Mr Whyte he would be mad to go ahead with this transaction and he should walk away"

jambovambo

It's all back on.

Footballfirst

Findlay says Murray Group "recommended" Ticketus to him for working capital 1/2

Withey says Murray Group told him: "Why not use Ticketus, we use them all the time, they're really good."

I'm sure that James Doleman means "Withey says Murray Group "recommended" Ticketus...........

Edited by Footballfirst

Strachsuit

Talk about throwing under a bus....

@jamesdoleman  8m

Withey says David Grier's aim was to "put the club in administration and walk away with millions in fees"

@jamesdoleman  9m

Withey says Grier negotiated a deal with the bank that meant "we had to pay everything"

@jamesdoleman  8m

Withey sats Grier got a 200k fee for negotiating with the bank, then became administrator of Rangers 1/2

@jamesdoleman  7m

Adds "It was a nice deal, for them." 2/2

Yeah

Its building

There's a case building here but not about Whyte

Just got to hope Donald Findlay waits to the right moment to ask for the case to be dismissed

And the judge too

Edited by Mikey1874

Withey says he spoke to a major London bank about getting banking facilities, they refused, "they didn't like the club

The establishment club turned down by the establishment [emoji1]

but but but we are raaaaaa peepuuul

Rumour has it Craig Houston has resigned from the board of club 1872, are ra peepul revolting?.

Don't think that's ever been in question.

Footballfirst

Rumour has it Craig Houston has resigned from the board of club 1872, are ra peepul revolting?.

Possibly connected to this by any chance?

https://stv.tv/news/west-central/1388301-craig-whyte-trial-social-media-post-probed-by-police/

Craig Whyte trial: Social media post probed by police Officers are investigating an online comment sent during court proceedings.

A social media post made by a member of the public during the trial of former Rangers owner Craig Whyte is being investigated by police.

The probe has been launched after an online comment was made during proceedings at the High Court in Glasgow last week.

Whyte is on trial accused of one charge of fraud and one of breaching the Companies Act in connection with his May 2011 takeover at Ibrox. He denies the allegations.

Police said they were looking into the social media post.

A spokeswoman said: "We can confirm that Police Scotland are investigating the circumstances to establish any criminality."

Edited by Footballfirst

Footballfirst

Confirmed

http://club1872.co.uk/news/board-directors-resignation/

Board Director?s Resignation

15 May, 2017

Club 1872 announces the resignation of Craig Houston from the Board with immediate effect.

The resignation is for personal reasons.  We would like to thank Craig for his efforts whilst on the Board and thank him for his offer to continue and support Club 1872.

On behalf of Club 1872 we wish him well for the future.

Edited by Footballfirst

sairyinthat

Yeah

Its building

There's a case building here but not about Whyte

Just got to hope Donald Findlay waits to the right moment to ask for the case to be dismissed

And the judge too

Not likely,Judge not daft enough to take at face value anything these slippery sods come out with.

Shanks said no

Re Craig Houston - there has been a continuation of the civil war that helped them let their club die. A lot of it recently was around the job the Louden Tavern boy got, Houston applied for it as well.

BelgeJambo

Withey has finished giving evidence.  Ross Bryan next up

Footballfirst

I think that the current witness Ross Bryan could be key to the Crown's case.  I would expect that the various Ticketus agreements will be produced along with disclosures made by Whyte..

Footballfirst

It seems that civil war has broken out within Club 1872.  Following Craig Houston's resignation, two of the three directors who resigned previously had been invited back. Now two further directors have resigned, blaming King's puppet director and club secretary, James Blair.

2mw668.png

23v0xhu.png

marshallschunkychicken

It seems that civil war has broken out within Club 1872. Following Craig Houston's resignation, two of the three directors who resigned previously had been invited back. Now two further directors have resigned, blaming King's puppet director and club secretary, James Blair.

2mw668.png

23v0xhu.png

Interesting, so not only could the guy be accused of having a massive conflict of interest being on the Club 1872 board as well as the Rangers board, but he also has sole access to the Club 1872 bank account? I'm sure King is delighted with that setup.

Footballfirst

Interesting, so not only could the guy be accused of having a massive conflict of interest being on the Club 1872 board as well as the Rangers board, but he also has sole access to the Club 1872 bank account? I'm sure King is delighted with that setup.

Not only that, he is the sole director until such time as the two ladies are re-elected.  It's not a good situation to get into governance wise.

I think the evidence from ticketus guy today may be getting at the crux of the matter.

jambovambo

Doleman 7mins ago :

Bryan "Ok, yeah?."

Findlay "Requires secrecy?"

Bryan "You could argue that"

Findlay "I don't argue, I ask questions."

Strachsuit

Explains a few things. Significantly, why Whyte didn't get anything from CVA. Wavetower were leant money by RFC (via Ticketus) to pay small tax bill and LBG.

James Doleman? @jamesdoleman  3h

Bryan says Ticketus paid season ticket money to Rangers, who lent it to Wavetower, who paid the bank debt.

6 replies29 retweets36 likes

Strachsuit

James Doleman? @jamesdoleman  21m

Findlay "Ticketus wanted their involvement kept secret?" Bryan "To a point" Findlay "What point?"

James Doleman? @jamesdoleman  20m

Findlay: Ticketus don't want their deal known but don't want to embarrass David Murray." Did you keep it secret from him? "Ultimately, yes"

Findlay "You didn't want David Murray to know because he might pull the plug on the deal, you didn't care about embarrassing him"

Findlay "If you were genuinely concerned? why didn't someone pick up the phone and ask him rather than this rigmarole?'

Donald on form today again.

Edited by Strachsuit

John Findlay

Whether you like Donald Findlay or not. You have to admit he is a very good defence barrister.

Angry Haggis

Whether you like Donald Findlay or not. You have to admit he is a very good defence barrister.

**NOT RELATED** 

• Maple Leaf locked this topic